• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Super Smash Bros Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Username: Leaf Storm

This group....it was calling my name! I just got Brawl a few days ago and I am in love with the game omg! Being a fan of the classic SSB myself, I've adjusted to the modern world and the new characters that came with the game. :D

The main characters I use are Pit and Pikachu, and I sometimes use Marth.

I've heard absolutely nothing about the new game, actually. I'm very tempted to spoil myself xD But if there's new characters in the game, YES PLEASE!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Yay hello Megan! :D

I wouldn't worry about spoiling yourself about the new game, there are literally no details available whatsoever :P. We're currently in the process of hanging onto the developers' every word, looking desperately for clues as to who or what will feature in it haha.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I know, right? Dang waiting game!

Anyways, I'm gonna try to revive this club by bringing in a new topic, ya? What characters are you wanting to see on the new SSB?

Shining Raichu

Years
As in new characters or just characters in general? Because if they get rid of Zelda/Sheik there will be hell to pay :P

As for new characters (and I know some of these would never happen but they're on my wishlist regardless):

Dixie Kong, Waluigi, Zero Suit Samus (I'd like the option to start with her rather than having to go to the trouble of using Samus's Final Smash just to get to her), Raichu (ha), more characters from the Zelda and Fire Emblem franchises as well as whichever franchise Ness and Lucas come from (they're always good).

Mentalii

Back
Years
So guys, news flash! There will be new characters in the new Smash Bros game! Are you shocked? I know I am...

I almost cried for joy when I read your post. Hurrah, a new Smash Bros Game ! But... But... No Wii U :( And propably will never get it. Well, I guess it would have been stupid to expect a new game on the simple Wii anyway...

What characters are you wanting to see on the new SSB?

Despite the fact above, I'll answer to the topic nevertheless :p
I'd really like to see Daisy ! And Waluigi too, instead of Wario for example. Including a legendary Pokémon would be awesome, I'm thinking about Mewtwo. In every instance it would be better than Lucario, wouldn't it? Or what about a cute Mew :)

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
As in new characters or just characters in general? Because if they get rid of Zelda/Sheik there will be hell to pay :P
They just can't get rid of her. Zelda has a big fan base, why would they remove her? x) She's like the Luigi to Mario type of relationship with Link. Wouldn't feel right to have one & not the other!
As for new characters (and I know some of these would never happen but they're on my wishlist regardless):

Dixie Kong, Waluigi, Zero Suit Samus (I'd like the option to start with her rather than having to go to the trouble of using Samus's Final Smash just to get to her), Raichu (ha), more characters from the Zelda and Fire Emblem franchises as well as whichever franchise Ness and Lucas come from (they're always good).
I knew they were going to add new characters, so they can play around with the move sets! I know I would ^_^

You can start with Zero Suit Samus Andy, if you have a Gamecube controller, just hold R when selecting Samus or '-' for Wiimote & with the nunchuck, hold Z. But I agree, add the Samus/Zero Suit Samus sharehold like they did with Sheik & Zelda & Pokemon Trainer.

Also, I'm getting Super Smash Bros Melee back from my nephew this weekend having not having it for nearly 6 years this weekend. I am so psyched to get back into playing an extremely competitive Smash Bros game again! Brawl is just way to causal lately. Gotten boring a bit playing solo. :(

What characters are you wanting to see on the new SSB?

When you said Daisy, I was actually thinking of having that spot shared with Peach there. Or go through the colors & have her show up like how Wario has two completely different appearances.

I'm sticking to my line with Krystal. Need. Her. Staff!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Years
You can start with Zero Suit Samus Andy, if you have a Gamecube controller, just hold R when selecting Samus or '-' for Wiimote & with the nunchuck, hold Z. But I agree, add the Samus/Zero Suit Samus sharehold like they did with Sheik & Zelda & Pokemon Trainer.

Exactly. This was the one thing that upset me about Brawl. They need to make each mode more easily accessible. If that means adding a Down B like they do for Zelda/Sheik, so be it. Though I didn't know that about holding down Z to start with her. Thanks! :D

Oh and yes Krystal. It'll never happen since she hasn't appeared since GameCube (if they were going to do it they would have added her in Brawl instead of Wolf) but I'd love to see it too.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I will agree that Zero Suit Samus needs to be accessible easily instead of waiting to get a final smash. I wanted to do classic mode with her, but sadly I'm stuck with Samus! It's alright though. :D

Also, a few days ago I finished Adventure Mode and unlocked Sonic :D. I need to unlock Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Wolf left...but I know those are incredibly hard to unlock :x

To answer my own topic, I personally want to see Mewtwo. I thought it'd appear on Brawl, like Mentalii said, it'd be much more powerful than Lucario. The Earthbound characters (that's the name, Raichu xD) are always interesting, since I play Ness a lot more than Lucas. They're easier to manage :D

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Exactly. This was the one thing that upset me about Brawl. They need to make each mode more easily accessible. If that means adding a Down B like they do for Zelda/Sheik, so be it. Though I didn't know that about holding down Z to start with her. Thanks! :D

Oh and yes Krystal. It'll never happen since she hasn't appeared since GameCube (if they were going to do it they would have added her in Brawl instead of Wolf) but I'd love to see it too.
As another method, you could also do this, when you get the smash & not want to use her suit during the game at all:

Hold the GameCube/Wii Remote so the left and right hand thumbs are on the Up and Down taunt Control Pad buttons respectively. For the Wii Remote + Nunchuk, put your thumbs on the 1 and 2 buttons.

Press Up Taunt first. This is the only thing that actually needs to be pressed in the right order. Press 1 on the Wii remote to activate the Up Taunt first.

During Samus's Up Taunt, rapidly press both Up and Down four times before the taunt ends. For the Wii Remote + Nunchuk, press the 1, then 2 buttons repeatedly. Do not press 1 and 2 at the same time, or else this will activate the Side Taunt.

^ That about sums this up. Hope you got this & tried it right x) ^

All is well, just want a game with Krystal in it again, hopefully this Metroid/Star Fox crossover game has her in it. Shame, us Star Fox fans would definitely love to have her in it, though you'll hear others say they want Panther too(Which is a BIG no-no). Wolf wasn't really necessary anyway

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
Years
So guys, news flash! There will be new characters in the new Smash Bros game! Are you shocked? I know I am...

I only hope that there won't be good characters removed from the roster D:

As for Leaf's question, I would love to have Roy back, maybe with a moveset of his own ?
And perhaps characters from the Tales of series, I wouldn't mind playing as Lloyd Irving, haha !
Oh and Tails, too ! Sonic must feel lonely without his friend :'D

Then again I have no Wii-U, no 3DS, and doubt my parents will allow to buy either one. :c

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I only hope that there won't be good characters removed from the roster D:

As for Leaf's question, I would love to have Roy back, maybe with a moveset of his own ?
And perhaps characters from the Tales of series, I wouldn't mind playing as Lloyd Irving, haha !
Oh and Tails, too ! Sonic must feel lonely without his friend :'D

Then again I have no Wii-U, no 3DS, and doubt my parents will allow to buy either one. :c
Its possible no one knows who will fully be in it. Except for the originals, of course. Roy & Mewtwo would be great to return. I was talking to my friends about Sonic & Tails, like have them as a duo like how the Ice Climbers are, or simply be like Pokemon Trainer and Zelda/Shiek & change back & forth to who you want to use during that span.
Username:Servine101
I really wanna join! :D
Oh & Welcome!! So tell us about your experience & who do you main with in the SSB franchise? x)

SinisterEternity

Years
Its possible no one knows who will fully be in it. Except for the originals, of course. Roy & Mewtwo would be great to return. I was talking to my friends about Sonic & Tails, like have them as a duo like how the Ice Climbers are, or simply be like Pokemon Trainer and Zelda/Shiek & change back & forth to who you want to use during that span.

The Pokémon Trainer idea for Sonic and Tails may sound better than the Ice climbers one, so then you'd see Sonic call for Tails and they switch places, Sonic then follows in the background just like the Pokémon Trainer does, until Tails calls for Sonic again.

Though, maybe they could get rid of some useless character and replace it with Tails, too. xDD

Then again I'd really want Roy back D:
If they want to play with move sets, then I guess they can just work on one for Roy himself instead of copying Marth's.
Now if they take out Marth I'm going to die ! lmao

And from what I read, people prefer Mewtwo over Lucario, so I guess bringing Mewtwo back would be a nice idea, too. XD

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Then again I'd really want Roy back D:
If they want to play with move sets, then I guess they can just work on one for Roy himself instead of copying Marth's.
Now if they take out Marth I'm going to die ! lmao

And from what I read, people prefer Mewtwo over Lucario, so I guess bringing Mewtwo back would be a nice idea, too. XD
I hate Ike, he isn't really that great. He's strong, yes. But way to slow & clumsy! Marth, Roy & Lyn are the three Fire Emblem characters I expect in the new SSB.

Mewtwo does the moves so much better than Lucario. Not to mention Mewtwo is the face of Legendary Pokemon, just as how Pikachu is the face of all Pokemon. Jigglypuff is one of the originals (They can't touch the originals), so there's 3 Pokemon they must keep. I am curious on what they will odd with Pokemon Trainer in the next SSB. Or if they are even going to keep him & use another type of Pokemon.

What I think they should do with Dr. Mario, is put him in the appearances with Mario together (Like look @ Wario with his WarioWare outfit with his Mario outfit), & keep Dr Mario's moves he had from Melee. Then again, he'd look weird with F.L.U.D.D.

SinisterEternity

Years
I agree about Ike :/
He is slow, heavy, even King Dedede is better :c
And to think he replaced Roy sorta made me really, really disappointed ! I'd love to see Lynn, too, yes :D
They can just add Roy, replace Ike with Lynn, and so Ike takes Lynn's place as an Assist Trophy xDD

Plus if we look at the character roster (which was a pain to find) :
Spoiler:

In my opinion, I doubt R.O.B will stay, as he was kindasorta exclusive to Brawl ; And since they seem to add 10 new characters every new game, I guess we do have room for...our dreams expectations xD

Also yes, using the outfits for a character change may be quite subtle, but nice to try out - hope they do some day !

I would really LOVE it if they turned the Pokémon trainer into say...One of the latest trainers (BW / BW2), that would be lovely ! :'D
And we use either Samurott or Serperior as the final evolution stage, not too found of Emboar if I have to play a fully evolved pokemon xD

Tepig - Dewott - Serperior
Tepig - Servine - Samurott

...Aaah, that would be so great. Although Samurott might come out slow, I bet they'll make it slow-ish if they are to add it in, considering it's heavier than Charizard.
Ah...dreams...I'm curious yet apprehensive what they are going to do >_>

Years
i would like to join!
username:hovde
favorite 5 characters to use(in order of favorite):
1. Samus (power and zero suit)
2. Link
3. Kirby
4. Captain falcon
5. Snake (Why is snake in smash brothers anyway?)

Shining Raichu

Years
I'm actually quite against the idea of them using BW Pokemon for Pokemon Trainer lol. I'm not a fan of the Gen 5 Pokemon at all, so I wouldn't want to lose Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard for them. I love Squirtle so much, he's one of my favourite characters!

And welcome Hovde :D

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I'm actually quite against the idea of them using BW Pokemon for Pokemon Trainer lol. I'm not a fan of the Gen 5 Pokemon at all, so I wouldn't want to lose Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard for them. I love Squirtle so much, he's one of my favourite characters!

And welcome Hovde :D
I agree with this 100%. They need to stick with the originals, its better that way. Look @ Lucario vs Mewtwo for example. They need to leave PKMN Trainer as is. Make a new Trainer if they want to do 5th Generation starters or something :x

SinisterEternity

Years
Make a new Trainer if they want to do 5th Generation starters or something :x

I guess that again, works the best. xD
Then again I don't know what Namco has in mind on the matter, just hope they won't make the wrong choices regarding the characters to keep or leave. :c

Welcome Hovde ! :D
Samus, uh ? That's interesting ! I never played against someone who likes Samus the most o:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back