• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

HashBrownJM

Decade-Old League Champion
Years

What is this "DPSer" term ?​

Sorry, that's a term from my WoW days. DPS is damage per second. It doesn't translate quite as well in the Pokemon game, but what I mean is something who will hit extremely hard.

Thus far, though, I don't know if I should be using an Ursaring hard-hitter, a Snorlax (or) Blissey wall, or what.

Therefore, I'm asking for advice/suggestions.​

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Thus far, though, I don't know if I should be using an Ursaring hard-hitter, a Snorlax (or) Blissey wall, or what.

Therefore, I'm asking for advice/suggestions.

The question is then what does your team need more? Are you vulnerable to special attacks, or do you need more physical attacking power? If you want a combination of the two, then Snorlax is probably your best bet, but I don't know what your team is like so yeah =(

HashBrownJM

Decade-Old League Champion
Years
The question is then what does your team need more? Are you vulnerable to special attacks, or do you need more physical attacking power? If you want a combination of the two, then Snorlax is probably your best bet, but I don't know what your team is like so yeah =(

My team is pretty solid with just five. That's why I have options in what I want my sixth, normal-type Pokemon to be. Do I want to annoy my opponent with a wall they can't take down or elicit fear because my Poke is one-hitting everything? Guess that's why my question was so broad.

jvn753

Pikachumon
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2011
How is my dragonite so far?

Level 67
Likes to thrash about.
Adamant Nature
HP: 208
Atk:271
Sp. Atk: 135
Sp. Def: 157
Speed: 155

[Fire punch] [Earthquake]
[Outrage] [Dragon Dance]

Holding a Yache Berry.

Already has the Effort Ribbon.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Just wondering, but how do you exactly find the stat number of a pokemon from its base stat? I've been kind of wondering for a while how this actually works and I've never been able to find anything specific about how to calculate it. :/

I would use shoddy to find this kind of stuff out (as it's automatic), but seeing as I have no access due to there being no PC server, I'm stuck with the good ol' calculator. xD

Also, +1 to a stat stage is equal to multiplying it by 1.5...right? Or is it less? (I know that +2 to a stat stage is doubling it...so I'm unsure of what a single one does)

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Just wondering, but how do you exactly find the stat number of a pokemon from its base stat? I've been kind of wondering for a while how this actually works and I've never been able to find anything specific about how to calculate it. :/

From Smogon:
Stat = (((2 * BaseStat + IV + (EV / 4)) * Level / 100 + 5) * Nature

Nature is 1.1 if the nature is beneficial or .9 if it's reducing, 1 for everything else.

I would use shoddy to find this kind of stuff out (as it's automatic), but seeing as I have no access due to there being no PC server, I'm stuck with the good ol' calculator. xD

Also, +1 to a stat stage is equal to multiplying it by 1.5...right? Or is it less? (I know that +2 to a stat stage is doubling it...so I'm unsure of what a single one does)

Yup, +1 to a stat multiplies it by 1.5x

Answers are bolded. You know, you can still make teams and stuff even if the server isn't up ;D

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Do decimals above 0.5 round up?

(For Crawdaunt I got 372.9 for the Attack stat using: 252 Atk, Adamant Nature, 31 IVs)

The reason I want to know this is because I'm trying to theorymon for a usable set for the soon to come DDDaunt. I'm hard at work. xD

EDIT: Smogon says the max stat is 372...so I guess that's it. D: That's dumb.

Thanks for the help Aura. ;D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Yo yo yo. How important is Explosion on Naive Heatran (Scarf set)? Here are the IVs: 22 / 10 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31

Is 10 in Attack fine or bad?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Yo yo yo. How important is Explosion on Naive Heatran (Scarf set)? Here are the IVs: 22 / 10 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31

Is 10 in Attack fine or bad?
It's fine, it isn't like you're going to lose any KOs iirc. Though, you lose a OHKO on max HP / Def Bold Blissey (7% chance of OHKOing with SR opposed to 66% with 31 IVs).

Atamagaokashii

Feel like drowning a dinosaur?
Years
I was planning on using a Baton Passer Ninjask. I can't really think of a good use for EVs, nature, etc. So far this is all I've come up with.

Ninjask @ Focus Sash

Ability: Speed Boost

Moves:
Protect
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
??????

Nature: ??????

Stats and EVs: ??????

MAJOR help needed in this category :S

Edit: Should I also be on the lookout for certain IVs? Also, I was wondering what a good build for rotom would be? I know it it very broad, but I was looking into a support rotom of some sort?

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
I was planning on using a Baton Passer Ninjask. I can't really think of a good use for EVs, nature, etc. So far this is all I've come up with.

Ninjask @ Focus Sash

Moves:
Protect
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
??????

Edit: Should I also be on the lookout for certain IVs? Also, I was wondering what a good build for rotom would be? I know it it very broad, but I was looking into a support rotom of some sort?

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Jolly
176 HP / 252 Attack / 80 Speed
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor / Aerial Ace

Substitute is a better option than protect because it can be used in succession. Also, make sure you lead with this, otherwise Ninjask dies to Stealth Rock. But beware, a lot of common leads can beat this set very easily =(

What would be a good moveset for a hasty infernape the current one isn't working to well for me?

Your options aren't limited much with a hasty nature, you can still run any of his mixed sets fine. Look here for some ideas for movesets: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/infernape

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday

Ninjask @ Focus Sash

Moves:
Protect
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
??????

Look here, it has the most standard movesets for Ninjask. ;3
Edit: Should I also be on the lookout for certain IVs?
Usually, it is best to have a 31 Speed IV, the rest doesn't really matter. If you get a lower IV, such as 30, then just add 4 more Speed EVs to Ninjask's EV spread, because the EVs are designed to outrun some Pokemon that would be threatening. And, you don't want to be outsped by them do you? X3
Also, I was wondering what a good build for rotom would be? I know it it very broad, but I was looking into a support rotom of some sort?
I recommend this:
Spr_4p_479W.png
@ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Speed
Bold Nature (+ Def / - Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Just burn stuff like Flygon, Scizor, Tyranitar, etc (it is really fun). Thunderbolt for a STAB, and usually hits more stuff for neutral than Shadow Ball does. Rest and Sleep Talk for recovery and stalling. When HG/SS patches come out you can use Pain Split. \o/ Wash is better than most forms for this because it keeps Heatran and Infernape from coming in on a WOW, and absorbing it (Heatran), or just being immune to it (Infernape). Some other Appliance analysis's can be found here, just scroll down till you see the Rotom forms (alphabetically).

If you want a Rotom set, just look here.
What would be a good moveset for a hasty infernape the current one isn't working to well for me?
Yeah, just go here, there so many options depending on what your team needs. :P I never really used Infernape much so I can't recommend anything, but I do know Naive is better than Hasty because you take less from Scizor's Bullet Punch. :3

Edit: Gah, beaten.

Atamagaokashii

Feel like drowning a dinosaur?
Years
Thank you so so soooo much Aurafire and Wolf. And Aurafire, you said that most leads can easily beat Ninjask. I was wondering what baton passer you and Wolf would recommend? Thanks in advance!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Thank you so so soooo much Aurafire and Wolf. And Aurafire, you said that most leads can easily beat Ninjask. I was wondering what baton passer you and Wolf would recommend? Thanks in advance!

Zapdos is a better speed passer, simply because it isnt metagame weak lol.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Is there a lead OU pokemon that has a resistance to fire and ground

Back