• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Most annoying location within Pokemon B/W

Mr. Magius

  
Years
Chargestone Cave seemed to get me wild Pokémon every two steps.

I'm actually AT Twist Mountain right now... seeing the posts makes me REALLY not want to get through it :-(

Years
Chargestone Cave seemed to get me wild Pokémon every two steps.

I'm actually AT Twist Mountain right now... seeing the posts makes me REALLY not want to get through it :-(

I wasn't looking forward to Twist Mountain either but I'm so glad I got through. I'm wishing you all the best as you play through.

Also, I wasn't looking forward to Route 7 when I was playing through, the tall grass there bothers me...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Gonna go with the crowd and say Twist Mountain! I bet there are still items in there I haven't bothered to get because I just wanted to get through it as quickly as I possibly could. n_n

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Twist Mountain, even though I did it during the Winter season, I still do not know how to get through it since its "easier" than all the other seasons. I am a noob in going through this puzzles, I was stucked in the R/S/E last cavern before you can fight the Team Aqua/Magma's bosses for about 4 months before I asked my cousin to help me solve that rock puzzle. Sorry if I go too off-topic, but it is to describe how much I am of a Noob.

Cyprium

Maître de la Terre
Years
I didn't have trouble with Chargestone Cave until I tried going through it a second time!

The Abyssal Ruins were another story. When I was playing through, I assumed they would help me progress in my quest to find the Seven Sages. In reality... I wasted an hour or two before I realized it yielded little more than pricey items.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I didn't have trouble with Chargestone Cave until I tried going through it a second time!

The Abyssal Ruins were another story. When I was playing through, I assumed they would help me progress in my quest to find the Seven Sages. In reality... I wasted an hour or two before I realized it yielded little more than pricey items.

I still haven't figured out the Ruins. Like I know what they are and how you're supposed to get through them but I never figured out how to get to the second floor so I never got the pricey items.

Personally I hate the cave in Giant Chasm. It's not complicated, it's not long, it doesn't need flash. But I have to go through that cave every time I want to train against high-level Audino, and it's sooooo annoying omgggg.

Years

I still haven't figured out the Ruins. Like I know what they are and how you're supposed to get through them but I never figured out how to get to the second floor so I never got the pricey items.

Personally I hate the cave in Giant Chasm. It's not complicated, it's not long, it doesn't need flash. But I have to go through that cave every time I want to train against high-level Audino, and it's sooooo annoying omgggg.

I agree with you Toujours, that cave is so annoying I don't go there anymore.

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
Desert Resort as it took me a while to defeat all of the trainers and collect all of the items. Second to that comes Twist Mountain, due to it needing to be winter to do the good stuff.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Giant Chasm was annoying. My repels never worked in the double grass because none of my Pokemon were over the highest level of the wild ones and it was confusing finding all the items and finding Kyurem. But it was worth it as you get 2 very great TMs Psyshock and Ice Beam.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Desert Resort really sucked, with all it's desert Pokemon. And almost every route with all dark grass. The encounter rate in those grass is too damn high.

Lucariland

Uchiha
Years
Desert Resort was clearly my worst experience! But anywhere I go now, could be fun, cause I go there to catch a pokemon, and I love hunting for them, so it's really alright anyways :)
And god bless repels!!

Comerion

DGXZ
Years
Twist mountain, took forever to get everything (I play games 100%) and didn't look that great. I prefered mt. corenet much better, the music was epic! XD

Edit: Yeah, chargestone cave was a real pain, too many wild pokemon and it was rather repetitive too.
I think the places that were the worst (that I especially hated the most) were the ones with loads of wild pokemon; caves XD

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I know I previously mentioned Twist Mountain being the most annoying location, but I've changed my mind. Icirrus City as a definite. I swear you can't step in those puddles without running into a wild Pokémon in just one second. Literally. n_n

Years
I know I previously mentioned Twist Mountain being the most annoying location, but I've changed my mind. Icirrus City as a definite. I swear you can't step in those puddles without running into a wild Pokémon in just one second. Literally. n_n

I was surprised no one mentioned Icirrus City, Route 8 or Moor Of Icirrus, I hate the puddles. And it become a tricky sliding puzzle in winter.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
Although it was really long and annoying, Chargestone cave wasn't so bad because my Serperior was fast enough to run away from Joltiks. I remember not liking Twist Mountain, because it took forever.

I don't know how many times I went around in a circle in the Giant Chasm to get to Kyurem. I kept jumping off ledges at the wrong times.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I would have to agree with the posts about Giant Chasm. It just wasn't a very exciting or enjoyable place and a bit of a chore to get through if you wanted to get to the parts following it.

Back