• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Sugimori Palettes: The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I've been wanting to play through the original Ruby again (but not with the vanilla sprites) so I'm using these, and there were a couple sprites with minor issues that were bothering me so I went back and made some very minor adjustments to them:

7nDJ4hb.png

BVSoYJx.png

FvOC39U.png

For Vulpix only the front sprite was edited, but for Aggron and Rayquaza both the front and backs were edited.

Also for some reason A-Series had trouble importing Deoxys's spritesheet and it turns out there's some hard-to-spot junk pixels on the backsprite causing it to be more than 16 colors, so I've fixed that:
vDZj9UU.png

Hope you like these slight changes! lol it's kinda weird being the one submitting this time and not the other way around :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
where i find gen 4 or gen 5 icons?i putted turtwig but i cant find icons. sorry for my bad english

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Do you guys have plans on making some party icons for the gen 4 & 5 Pokemon?

if you wish I could help with making some of them.

I also wanted to add that I have started making some sprites for the gen 7 Pokemon so if you are in need of some of them I would be somewhat of a reliable source.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I thought I would try to breathe a tiny amount of life into this amazing thread. I went through all of the posts and compiled all of the gen 5/6 sprites that havent been posted. Most are insanely good and done by (previously) Sky High currently Koutetsujou. I marked those done by others with a capital "O" as his seem to be of different quality. There was a pretty good darmanitan as well. Hope this gives so visibility to the thread and helps Mr Ds.

Page 1
Spoiler:

Page 2
Spoiler:

Page 3
Spoiler:

Sprites "Completed"
Spoiler:

Edit:
Did Pawniard
pawn.png
Bisharp
678.png

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
I thought I would try to breathe a tiny amount of life into this amazing thread. I went through all of the posts and compiled all of the gen 5/6 sprites that havent been posted. Most are insanely good and done by (previously) Sky High currently Koutetsujou. I marked those done by others with a capital "O" as his seem to be of different quality. There was a pretty good darmanitan as well. Hope this gives so visibility to the thread and helps Mr Ds.

Page 1
Spoiler:

Page 2
Spoiler:

Page 3
Spoiler:

Sprites "Completed"
Spoiler:

Edit:
Did Pawniard
View attachment 79700
Bisharp
View attachment 79703

Thanks for trying to get the ball rolling with this again. I've been secretly working on it. I haven't accepted every single one of Sky High's ones, but there are ones from his list that I have. I can say with certainty that there about 30-40 second frames that I have done. I'll list them here:

Spoiler:

Also I do like the Pawniard one in particular. Bisharp will do fine, but its a bit of a static change.

Years
Thanks for trying to get the ball rolling with this again. I've been secretly working on it. I haven't accepted every single one of Sky High's ones, but there are ones from his list that I have. I can say with certainty that there about 30-40 second frames that I have done. I'll list them here:

Spoiler:

Also I do like the Pawniard one in particular. Bisharp will do fine, but its a bit of a static change.
Are you holding off to post them in one big, satisfying block? Haha

MrDollSteak

Years
Sorry for the long break everybody! Not a whole lot of progress to report apart from the fact that the gen IV Icons have been finished!

FioYIJD.png

Gen 5 is my next priority both the Fire Red, Emerald front sprites and the Icon sprites. I'm not sure how long they'll take as I haven't had much more progress, but bear with me. I might release some more of the second frames I've completed, though I was hoping to release them in one big dump.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
Nice! By the way, are you going to include Gen. 7 (and beyond) here after you've finished Gen. 6 or only the new form/es related to the first 6 generations?

I currently have no plans to do anything with Gen 7, I've seen your thread and it looks great and under control. I'll possibly submit a few sprites there though.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
I created this for my own personal usage, but I guess I should share it.
YpvIMo3.png

I used this thread's sprite as a base (specifically the second frame) I guess this is the most appropriate place to share it as it uses the same sprite, and I vastly prefer Gallde' stance in this one.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
I posted these to the gen 7 half of this but I thought I may as well post them here too.

Gen 4:
turtwig_by_pikafan2000-dau4kio.png
Turtwig
grotle_by_pikafan2000-dau4kgb.png
Grotle
monferno_by_pikafan2000-dau4ksi.png
Monferno
kricketot_by_pikafan2000-dau4l0z.png
Kricketot
gliscor_by_pikafan2000-dau4kai.png
Gliscor
porygon_z_by_pikafan2000-dau4ku9.png
Porygon-Z

Gen 5:
victini_by_pikafan2000-dau4l2q.png
Victini
snivy_by_pikafan2000-dau4l6k.png
Snivy
servine_by_pikafan2000-dau4l8l.png
Servine
swoobat_by_pikafan2000-dau4ldn.png
Swoobat
genesect_by_pikafan2000-dau4jjm.png
Genesect

MrDollSteak

Years
I posted these to the gen 7 half of this but I thought I may as well post them here too.

Gen 4:
turtwig_by_pikafan2000-dau4kio.png
Turtwig
grotle_by_pikafan2000-dau4kgb.png
Grotle
monferno_by_pikafan2000-dau4ksi.png
Monferno
kricketot_by_pikafan2000-dau4l0z.png
Kricketot
gliscor_by_pikafan2000-dau4kai.png
Gliscor
porygon_z_by_pikafan2000-dau4ku9.png
Porygon-Z

Gen 5:
victini_by_pikafan2000-dau4l2q.png
Victini
snivy_by_pikafan2000-dau4l6k.png
Snivy
servine_by_pikafan2000-dau4l8l.png
Servine
swoobat_by_pikafan2000-dau4ldn.png
Swoobat
genesect_by_pikafan2000-dau4jjm.png
Genesect

There's no need for the Gen 4 sprites as they are already completed. Though I will definitely take your Gen 5 sprites into consideration. Be aware however that you are currently using the X and Y colours which do not fit in Gen 3 so you will need to recolour them using one of the 3 palettes.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
There's no need for the Gen 4 sprites as they are already completed. Though I will definitely take your Gen 5 sprites into consideration. Be aware however that you are currently using the X and Y colours which do not fit in Gen 3 so you will need to recolour them using one of the 3 palettes.
That's fine with me.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
So in regards to the color palette are these kind of what you had in mind?
mandibuzz_by_pikafan2000-daul8p3.png

Mandibuzz
stunfisk_by_pikafan2000-daul8um.png

Stunfisk
reuniclus_by_pikafan2000-daulcfo.png

Reuniclus
sandile_by_pikafan2000-dauldzs.png

Sandile
klang_by_pikafan2000-daulgfc.png

Klang
klinklang_by_pikafan2000-dauln2t.png

Klinklang