The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Game Development Scripts & Tutorials
Essentials Script Pokéride Functionality

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old October 18th, 2017 (5:15 AM). Edited November 4th, 2017 by Marin.
Marin's Avatar
Marin Marin is offline
Not Bored
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: Male
Nature: Bashful
Posts: 617
Pokéride functionality in Pokémon Essentials. Only compatible with v17+.


Credits
  • Marin
  • Mid117 (Pokéride sprites)
  • Roan (Pokéride sprites)
  • Mashirosakura (Pokéride sprites)


Installation
First, download these graphics and put the MAP in Graphics/Characters (not the individual files!)
Download Graphics
(I recommend changing the graphics. The graphics are not the emphasis of this resource.)

Next, put the following pieces of code in two new sections above Main.
Pokéride_Main
Pokéride_Rides


Documentation
To call a Pokéride, use pbMount(name).
To dismount all Pokérides, use pbDismount.
In both of these, name is either a string (with quotation marks, e.g. "Tauros"), a symbol (e.g. :Tauros), or just plain Tauros.

There are two new terrain tags, 17 and 18.
17 is land that can only be walked on if you're on a Mudsdale
18 is a mountain tile that is counted as a Rock Climb tile.
To give a tile one of these terrain tags, you'll have to go to Debug -> Information Editors -> Edit Terrain Tags.

Each Pokéride must have all of the following:
  • MoveSheet: The path in Graphics/Characters the graphic will be at.
  • MoveSpeed: How fast you move in this mode of this Pokéride.
  • ActionSheet: Whenever you hold Z, it'll switch to this sheet.
  • ActionSpeed: Whenever you hold Z, this is the new speed it'll have.

You then have the option to add one or more of the following:
  • RockSmash: Any rock you walk up to while holding Z will be broken.
  • CanSurf: You can properly surf with this Pokéride.
  • Strength: Any boulder you walk up to while holding Z will be pushed forward.
  • WalkOnMudsdale: If you're on this Pokéride, you can walk on terrain with terrain tag 17 (which you normally can't).
  • ShowHidden: If a listed item with .hidden in the event name is within a 4x4 radius, it'll cause the Pokéride to use HiddenNearbySheet for a graphic and HiddenNearbySpeed for speed. These two must be implemented if you have ShowHidden enabled.
  • RockClimb: If you're on this Pokéride, you can use Rock Climb over terrain with terrain tag 18.

If you want to swap Surf for a Pokéride, you should set SURF_MOUNT to the name of that Pokéride.

ROCK_CLIMB_MOUNT is the mount that is called whenever you successfully use Rock Climb while not being on a Pokéride.



And yep. That's essentially all this offers. I know it's barebones, but should provide a good base for anyone with decent programming knowledge (or eventing knowledge, even)
__________________
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old October 19th, 2017 (2:03 AM).
Marin's Avatar
Marin Marin is offline
Not Bored
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: Male
Nature: Bashful
Posts: 617
Updates to v1.1:
  • Fixed a bug with Rock Climb near map edges
  • Now supports v16.0, v16.1, and v16.2
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old October 19th, 2017 (10:43 PM).
Soccersam's Avatar
Soccersam Soccersam is offline
#Hilbert is Badass
     
    Join Date: Oct 2016
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Hasty
    Posts: 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marin View Post
    Updates to v1.1:
    • Fixed a bug with Rock Climb near map edges
    • Now supports v16.0, v16.1, and v16.2
    Uh... in your thread you say that the script is for v17+, but in this post you say it has been updated...
    My question is, is the script for v16 the same one (the above script download link) or is there another link for that script?
    __________________
    Pokemon Emerald Adventures
    Coming Soon
    Reply With Quote
      #4    
    Old October 20th, 2017 (12:23 AM).
    Marin's Avatar
    Marin Marin is offline
    Not Bored
     
    Join Date: Nov 2016
    Location: The Netherlands
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Bashful
    Posts: 617
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Soccersam View Post
    Uh... in your thread you say that the script is for v17+, but in this post you say it has been updated...
    My question is, is the script for v16 the same one (the above script download link) or is there another link for that script?
    Yep, it's exactly the same script.
    __________________
    Reply With Quote
      #5    
    Old October 20th, 2017 (1:22 AM).
    Soccersam's Avatar
    Soccersam Soccersam is offline
    #Hilbert is Badass
       
      Join Date: Oct 2016
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Hasty
      Posts: 57
      Thanks a lot!
      __________________
      Pokemon Emerald Adventures
      Coming Soon
      Reply With Quote
        #6    
      Old October 24th, 2017 (4:07 AM).
      Lycanrock Gaming's Avatar
      Lycanrock Gaming Lycanrock Gaming is offline
      Lycanroc 4200
         
        Join Date: Oct 2017
        Posts: 4
        Can You Please Add Lave surf in it.
        Reply With Quote
          #7    
        Old October 24th, 2017 (9:44 AM).
        Marin's Avatar
        Marin Marin is offline
        Not Bored
         
        Join Date: Nov 2016
        Location: The Netherlands
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Bashful
        Posts: 617
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lycanrock Gaming View Post
        Can You Please Add Lave surf in it.
        This is Pokéride, not some alternate way of surfing. Besides, there's already a tutorial on lava surfing.
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #8    
        Old October 25th, 2017 (1:43 AM).
        Lycanrock Gaming's Avatar
        Lycanrock Gaming Lycanrock Gaming is offline
        Lycanroc 4200
           
          Join Date: Oct 2017
          Posts: 4
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Marin View Post
          This is Pokéride, not some alternate way of surfing. Besides, there's already a tutorial on lava surfing.
          Thanks it helped
          Reply With Quote
            #9    
          Old October 25th, 2017 (4:04 AM).
          Lycanrock Gaming's Avatar
          Lycanrock Gaming Lycanrock Gaming is offline
          Lycanroc 4200
             
            Join Date: Oct 2017
            Posts: 4
            I have my last question :
            Can you a menu for pokeride in you Poketch Script Where You can mount and dismount Pokemon.
            This will help me a lot.
            Reply With Quote
              #10    
            Old October 25th, 2017 (6:58 AM).
            Marin's Avatar
            Marin Marin is offline
            Not Bored
             
            Join Date: Nov 2016
            Location: The Netherlands
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Bashful
            Posts: 617
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lycanrock Gaming View Post
            I have my last question :
            Can you a menu for pokeride in you Poketch Script Where You can mount and dismount Pokemon.
            This will help me a lot.
            I don't have sprites to do so, so nope.
            __________________
            Reply With Quote
              #11    
            Old October 28th, 2017 (6:34 AM).
            Soccersam's Avatar
            Soccersam Soccersam is offline
            #Hilbert is Badass
               
              Join Date: Oct 2016
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Hasty
              Posts: 57
              Is there a way to add CanFly among it? As far as I see, I don't think there's any need but you never know...
              __________________
              Pokemon Emerald Adventures
              Coming Soon
              Reply With Quote
                #12    
              Old October 28th, 2017 (5:24 PM).
              Marin's Avatar
              Marin Marin is offline
              Not Bored
               
              Join Date: Nov 2016
              Location: The Netherlands
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Bashful
              Posts: 617
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Soccersam View Post
              Is there a way to add CanFly among it? As far as I see, I don't think there's any need but you never know...
              I didn’t add fly, because in its current state, that wouldn’t have much/any use. It’d be exactly the same as the HM. If your point is the animation, you could always try something yourself in a common event or something like that.
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #13    
              Old October 28th, 2017 (11:54 PM). Edited October 28th, 2017 by Soccersam.
              Soccersam's Avatar
              Soccersam Soccersam is offline
              #Hilbert is Badass
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2016
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Hasty
                Posts: 57
                I am such an idiot...-_-
                the pbDismount doesn't work for me.. when I go over it, it gives me this error-
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	186
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	83603
                It doesn't work with player touch or event touch...
                Am I doing something wrong?
                __________________
                Pokemon Emerald Adventures
                Coming Soon
                Reply With Quote
                  #14    
                Old October 29th, 2017 (12:53 AM). Edited October 29th, 2017 by PokémonAmanecer.
                PokémonAmanecer PokémonAmanecer is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2017
                  Posts: 1
                  Hi man, I have a little bug:
                  When I write the script "pbMount(Tauros) and I run it the character doesn't show up, it wets invisible, and when I run the pbDismount I get this error:
                  Exception: RuntimeError
                  Message: Script error within event 6 (coords 13,2), map 2 (Lappet Town):
                  Exception: ArgumentError
                  Message: (eval):1:in `pbDismount'wrong number of arguments(1 for 0)
                  ***Full script:
                  pbDismount(Tauros)

                  Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
                  (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
                  Interpreter:1606:in `eval'
                  Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
                  Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'
                  Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'
                  Interpreter:193:in `update'
                  Interpreter:106:in `loop'
                  Interpreter:198:in `update'
                  Scene_Map:163:in `update'

                  Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
                  Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'
                  Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'
                  Interpreter:193:in `update'
                  Interpreter:106:in `loop'
                  Interpreter:198:in `update'
                  Scene_Map:163:in `update'
                  Scene_Map:161:in `loop'
                  Scene_Map:170:in `update'
                  Scene_Map:234:in `main'
                  Reply With Quote
                    #15    
                  Old October 29th, 2017 (1:03 AM).
                  Marin's Avatar
                  Marin Marin is offline
                  Not Bored
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2016
                  Location: The Netherlands
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Bashful
                  Posts: 617
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PokémonAmanecer View Post
                  Hi man, I have a little bug:
                  When I write the script "pbMount(Tauros) and I run it the character doesn't show up, it wets invisible, and when I run the pbDismount I get this error:
                  Exception: RuntimeError
                  Message: Script error within event 6 (coords 13,2), map 2 (Lappet Town):
                  Exception: ArgumentError
                  Message: (eval):1:in `pbDismount'wrong number of arguments(1 for 0)
                  ***Full script:
                  pbDismount(Tauros)

                  Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
                  (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
                  Interpreter:1606:in `eval'
                  Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
                  Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'
                  Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'
                  Interpreter:193:in `update'
                  Interpreter:106:in `loop'
                  Interpreter:198:in `update'
                  Scene_Map:163:in `update'

                  Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
                  Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'
                  Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'
                  Interpreter:193:in `update'
                  Interpreter:106:in `loop'
                  Interpreter:198:in `update'
                  Scene_Map:163:in `update'
                  Scene_Map:161:in `loop'
                  Scene_Map:170:in `update'
                  Scene_Map:234:in `main'
                  pbDismount does not take an argument. It dismounts whatever Pokéride you're currently on.

                  .......I now realize I documented it incorrectly. Sorry :(
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #16    
                  Old November 16th, 2017 (10:11 PM). Edited November 17th, 2017 by Marin.
                  Ulithium_Dragon's Avatar
                  Ulithium_Dragon Ulithium_Dragon is online now
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2015
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Timid
                    Posts: 49
                    I just realized that whoever made the Stoutland graphics mixed up the "search" and "normal" sprites for the female PC. So Stoutland shuffles along the ground when not searching, and stands upright when searching.

                    Since more is needed to fix this than simply renaming the files, I edited the sprites myself:
                    Spoiler:




                    *I just had to add the exclamation point for "item found" to the correct sprite on the girl, who's positioning I copied from the boy's sprite.

                    Download:
                    Girl Stoutland Sprites FIXED.7z

                    Also since Marin has been very busy lately, I took it upon myself to work on creating a Ride Pager system.

                    It's nearly done, and when it is I'll post a resource thread on this forums, but just for now here's a couple of previews:

                    Spoiler:







                    It will also include the custom mounts I've created, Flygon and Torkoal (but they're optional of course).

                    I also made custom footprint sprites for Klein's Sand Footprints system for all of the mounts:

                    Spoiler:


                    __________________
                    PokéMounts


                    Reply With Quote
                      #17    
                    Old November 17th, 2017 (7:31 AM).
                    Lycanrock Gaming's Avatar
                    Lycanrock Gaming Lycanrock Gaming is offline
                    Lycanroc 4200
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2017
                      Posts: 4
                      Can you please give me ride pager script.
                      I am interested in it , I have seen your poke mounts resources but there was no script of it.
                      Can you please add it.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #18    
                      Old November 17th, 2017 (8:37 AM).
                      Marin's Avatar
                      Marin Marin is offline
                      Not Bored
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2016
                      Location: The Netherlands
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Bashful
                      Posts: 617
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Lycanrock Gaming View Post
                      Can you please give me ride pager script.
                      I am interested in it , I have seen your poke mounts resources but there was no script of it.
                      Can you please add it.
                      No.
                      __________________
                      Reply With Quote
                        #19    
                      Old November 19th, 2017 (9:31 AM).
                      Auroran's Avatar
                      Auroran Auroran is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2013
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 23
                        I just tried this out, and I love it! Will certainly make for some cool additions.

                        My question is, how would one limit accessibility to these mounts until certain conditions are met? As it seems right now, I can just walk up to a patch of water after starting a completely new game and jump right in.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #20    
                        Old November 22nd, 2017 (6:53 AM).
                        Marin's Avatar
                        Marin Marin is offline
                        Not Bored
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2016
                        Location: The Netherlands
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Bashful
                        Posts: 617
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Auroran View Post
                        I just tried this out, and I love it! Will certainly make for some cool additions.

                        My question is, how would one limit accessibility to these mounts until certain conditions are met? As it seems right now, I can just walk up to a patch of water after starting a completely new game and jump right in.
                        That depends on what you want, really. I may add some unlocking functionality of my own later, but in the current version, you'll have to figure out something yourself I'm afraid.

                        I'm not sure when I'd have time, but when I do, I'll go over all my latest resources to fix a few known bugs and add unlocking functionality here as well.
                        __________________
                        Reply With Quote
                        Reply

                        Quick Reply

                        Join the conversation!

                        Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                        Create a PokéCommunity Account

                        Sponsored Links
                        Thread Tools

                        Posting Rules
                        You may not post new threads
                        You may not post replies
                        You may not post attachments
                        You may not edit your posts

                        BB code is On
                        Smilies are On
                        [IMG] code is On
                        HTML code is Off

                        Forum Jump


                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:01 PM.