• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hoenn: Square One [OOC]

Years
FULL NAME: Junko Enomoto
PREFERRED NAME: June
PRONOUNS: she/her
HOME REGION: Johto
DEVICE: Pokegear
POKEMON ON HAND: Blipbug/Male/Telepathy
Moves: Struggle Bug, Supersonic

6bJPWSS.png

APPEARANCE: June is very thin and stands at 6 feet, very tall for a girl her age. She has olive skin and brown hair that just kind of grows out as opposed to being styled, reaching down to her waist. She wears large circle-frame glasses over her hazel eyes.

During sunny weather, her usual attire is a lime green, midi sundress and a straw hat while she keeps her hair up in a basic ponytail. Great for bug-catching.

PERSONALITY: June is a very cautious, kind, passionate, and reserved person. She doesn't get annoyed very easily, but when she does it's difficult for her to admit her feelings. The kind of person who has a hard time saying "No". She's very passionate about bug-type Pokemon, but is usually too afraid to go on into detail about her interests.

BRIEF HISTORY: June grew up in Goldenrod City and participated in trainer school. Growing up, she always had a fascination with bug Pokemon and would take part in bug-catching contests in National Park just north of Goldenrod. Her peers were a little weirded out by just how much she liked bug Pokemon, making fun of her for it at times. Because of this she'll usually try her best to keep her interests under wraps to people she just meets.

She would catch all different types of bugs during the bug-catching contests, however she wasn't able to keep them with her because her family had a small apartment. Fortunately for June, her grandmother in Hoenn ran a Pokemon conservatory, and would host the Pokemon June caught. She would visit her grandma every summer vacation, and grew very close to her, gaining the nickname "June" from the summers they'd spend together. Much like her granddaughter, June's grandma also had an admiration for bug-types, teaching her all about the beauty of nature, only further fueling June's passion.

Things changed however when two years prior to her journey begging, June's grandma peacefully passed away. The conservatory fell into the hands of an uncle of June's, who struggled to keep it afloat. In memory of her, June keeps a photo of her grandma in a locket necklace she always wears.

CURRENT GOAL: June wishes to catch bug Pokemon and travel around the Hoenn region with bug-types so she can truly bond with them, and by taking the League challenge she can show she's handled Pokemon enough to take over her family's conservatory.

FLAVOR: she gay. like REALLY gay.

RP SAMPLE:
Spoiler:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Updating....

JUNE has been ACCEPTED. i know u been knew

PLAYER DOC UPDATES
all of these updates can be found in the player doc as well. now that they are posted here, they will be un-tagged as "update" in that doc.

CONTEST FORMAT AND SCHEDULE
D-Rank contests admit 12 participants and are held almost daily. They take a little over an hour from start to finish.
C-Rank contests admit 24 participants and are usually held two or three times per week. They take about two hours from start to finish.
B-Rank contests admit 32 participants and are usually held once a week. They take nearly three hours from start to finish, including a 15-minute intermission between rounds 1 and 2.
A-Rank contests admit 32 participants and are held once a month. They take nearly three hours from start to finish, including a 15-minute intermission between rounds 1 and 2.​

GYM BATTLES
Trainers who lose to a gym leader do not have to pay out any money. Gym leaders may be fought as many times as a player wishes, within the constraints of IC time of course, but the rewards may only be claimed once per character.

Standard monetary reward for winning a gym match varies by amount of badges a trainer holds. First through third badges merit $5,000. Fourth through sixth come with $10,000. Seventh and on net a trainer $15,000. Other rewards vary by gym leader and will be detailed in their gym descriptions. And, of course, all winners receive the gym's badge.​

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Hi! So, I've been interested in joining for a while now, and I've read through the player doc + OP a few times. I still need to read through the IC thread properly to know where everyone's up to and understand the characters better!

I've just got a few questions...

1. How exactly are new characters integrated when everyone else is already ahead? For example, if everyone has moved on from their first official gym and earned a badge, does that mean someone new has to skip over all that potential journeying, along with their badge in order to catch up? (This will probably be made clearer to me once I get an idea of the time mechanics in the IC, but still!)

2. Would it be acceptable if my character is given an egg before they set off, as part of their backstory? If yes, when would be an acceptable time to hatch an egg, if it was pretty much in the "it doesn't seem close to hatching" stage?

3. Since I don't expect my character to just breeze through gyms (for character dev and all that), if she misses out on a badge, can she stay in the city until she earns it? Or do you move on to try the next gym?

4. And do gym leaders increase in their difficulty like the games, or is it possible to more or less beat gym 2 and 3 with the Pokémon you started out with (if you miss the first one)?

Still trying to get my head around things before I submit an SU! :)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hi! So, I've been interested in joining for a while now, and I've read through the player doc + OP a few times. I still need to read through the IC thread properly to know where everyone's up to and understand the characters better!

I've just got a few questions...

1. How exactly are new characters integrated when everyone else is already ahead? For example, if everyone has moved on from their first official gym and earned a badge, does that mean someone new has to skip over all that potential journeying, along with their badge in order to catch up? (This will probably be made clearer to me once I get an idea of the time mechanics in the IC, but still!)
hiiii <3

So, you don't have to skip if you don't want to! You can start on any previously covered day and/or any open location. If you want to start on Thursday the 17th in Slateport like everyone else did, that's fine! You'll just have to catch up before you get to JP. If you want to start on Sunday the 20th in Dewford, you'll be with everyone else pretty immediately.

I am designing this world so that you'll be able to move around at your leisure. Especially in the beginning here, you'll be able to go between Slateport, Dewford, and (when I get it written) Petalburg within an IC day. So even if you choose to start your character on a later date, you will still be able to experience those locations if you wish.

2. Would it be acceptable if my character is given an egg before they set off, as part of their backstory? If yes, when would be an acceptable time to hatch an egg, if it was pretty much in the "it doesn't seem close to hatching" stage?
This is a little more complex... so the theme here is obviously "choice and consequence". If your character has an egg to begin with, and you intend to use that Pokémon, that will count as your guarenteed Pokémon. In the location it hatches, you will not be able to roll for any Pokémon. It will hatch at level one and I hope it will behave like an actual baby thing for quite a while!

If you don't intend to use the Pokémon for battle, then.... do whatever haha. Chicken eggs take 21 days to hatch, apparently. Should we say wherever your character is in about two weeks, that's where it hatches?

3. Since I don't expect my character to just breeze through gyms (for character dev and all that), if she misses out on a badge, can she stay in the city until she earns it? Or do you move on to try the next gym?
Since Hoenn has 14 badges but you only need 7 to enter the tournament, most people just move on until they inevitably figure out that there are only a few gyms left and then they have to scramble. :))) You can rematch any gym leader that you can get to IC. Some, like Benji, will have considerations that I'll talk to you about- specifically for him, I'll randomize the mon he chooses every time.

4. And do gym leaders increase in their difficulty like the games, or is it possible to more or less beat gym 2 and 3 with the Pokémon you started out with (if you miss the first one)?

Still trying to get my head around things before I submit an SU! :)
Gym leaders will always battle you at approximately your individual level. They're pretty good at their jobs and can find that within a few exchanges of blows, though they often take into account your badge count and possibly other accomplishments. What makes them different is their strategy and sheer ability to do that effectively. They don't go easy on people, but challengers always have a chance. Even though we have level guides, those are more for judging battles between cast members and between other NPCs. And move/evolution distribution.

So yes, you could go through with your first two Pokémon and take out a few gym leaders! Being lower level or having fewer Pokémon isn't super an issue for that. But eventually, you're gonna get a few badges and then the gym leaders will be going harder and expecting more from you.

Does all of that make sense? Can I clarify anything better?

Royalty_The_Queen

Royalty, The Queen
Years
FULL NAME: Connor Bleu
PREFERRED NAME: Connor or Blu
PRONOUNS: He/Him
HOME REGION: Johto
DEVICE: PokéGear
POKÉMON ON HAND: Sheldon (Squirtle)
Level: 15
Ability: Torrent
Moveset:
  • Withdraw
  • Rapid Spin
  • Bite
  • Water Pulse

APPEARANCE: Connor is a young man, with a height of 5'7". His porcelain skin compliments his black and olympian blue hair. With his olympic blue eyes, he has his sights set in becoming the best Pokémon trainer in his family. His figure is similar to his father's, slightly athletic and durable, Connor actually makes use of this and trains alongside his Pokémon.
PERSONALITY: Connor is friendly enough to approach someone and speak to them, only when it's one or two people only though. Not only is he friendly though, he also very supportive and loyal to those he considers close. But, Connor does have his downsides, since he's more childish than anyone else, he can get jealous of others stealing his friend's attention from him. But, as long as you don't seem to pose a threat to him or his friends, he'll more than likely warm up to you. Connor also has a habit of getting riled up when battling, this also affects his battling as he becomes more aggressive with his attacks and less collected and strategic. It is also because of this, Connor can get sour and become a sore loser, but he usually comes to his senses after a while.
BRIEF HISTORY: Connor grew up close to water in the Johto region. His father was a simple man who loved his wife and family, with his eldest daughter and two sons, Connor's siblings. Connor was often found outside on the docks near his home, looking out into the lake and watching all of the Water-Type Pokémon. But, once he turned eleven, Connor Bleu had become even more fascinated with water-types and eventually caught one on his own - with his father's guidance, of course. Now, Connor has made the decision to go out on his own and experience the wide world and discover all of its vast wonders.
CURRENT GOAL: Capture as many Pokémon as he can and participate in everything he can. Also, make his father proud and beat the Johto league.
FLAVOR:
- Connor is a very friendly guy and loves meeting new people, that being said though, he is completely hopeless when trying to remember somebody's name and it'll take him a few tries before he finally gets it right. Just don't expect him to remember it all the time.
- Connor absolutely loves swimming and all sorts of water-based activities, and not much can stop him from trying to do these things.
- Connor has a fear of getting lost, especially in the dark. The night that he was lost before he met Milotic, he was terrified. This has stuck with him throughout all of these years.

TEXT SAMPLE: The first time Connor Bleu had seen a Pokémon was magical for him. It was dark at night, Connor was wandering around in the forest near his home city. Lost, scared, and afraid, Connor had unknowingly ventured deeper and deeper into the forest. Until he had came across a moonlit lake. The calm, still waters in the lake had cast a perfect mirror-image of the full moon above. As Connor had approached the lake, he had seen something skitter across the water. A Surskit had glided over the water's surface, only barely disturbing it. Connor watched as it raced to the other side of the lake, and soon enough, more Surskit had begun to dash across the lake's watery surface. For the first time in his life, Connor had seen actual Pokémon, and he was enjoying whatever it was that they were doing. Connor had came to the water's edge and looked out into the water, spotting something... amazing. The shimmer of hot pink and olympic blue scales under the thin water's surface had captured Connor's attention. Something was swimming beneath the water, effortlessly moving through it. Connor's eyes followed the majestic beauty, as a figure began to rise out of the water and leaped our, across the face of the moon. Connor had saw the form of serenity and beauty, a Milotic. Diving back into the water, Connor couldn't see where it had gone, and he tried to follow after it. Desperately, he swam out into the middle of the lake, until his feet couldn't touch the bottom. Connor found himself struggling to get back to shore, and sank below, into the water. He struggled to swim back up, but his arms and legs were tired and out of synch with his frantic attempts at swimming up to the surface. Connor had sank to the bottom of the lake and closed his eyes. The next thing he knew, Connor was back in shore, breathing and alive, with the same Milotic looking at him from the lake's edge. The majestic Pokémon towered over Connor, like a beautiful giant. He was mesmerized and enchanted by this creature, and reached out to touch it, just as it turned around and dashed back into the moonlit lake. Connor father and sister had eventually found him out in the forest, worried and concerned, they had asked Connor where he had ran off to and why he didn't come back home. To which he explained everything he had witnessed tonight. The Surskit gliding over the lake and the beautiful and awe-inspiring beauty of the Milotic inside.

This night was just the beginning however, from that night on Connor had committed himself to training himself and learning as much as he could about Pokémon. Finally, after years of waiting, Connor's eleventh birthday had came at last, and the one thing that he wished for the most was to receive a Pokémon. Excited, Connor opened up his birthday presents. The first one that he opened up was a surprise to him, it was a PokéBall, used for catching wild Pokémon. Then, a Pokédex for recording the Pokémon he found on his journey. Next, a PokéGear for navigating whatever regions he went to. And finally, his father gift. Connor looked to his father expectantly, and received a simple nod. Pulling off the top of his present, Connor was so excited when a Squirtle had popped up and greeted him. That was the moment that Connor was happiest, when he received his Pokémon partner for life; Sheldon. That night, Connor and Sheldon had went to the moonlit lake. There, they had found the same Surskit, skittering along the lake's surface, but also more Pokémon. Colbert and Illumise has flashed dim lighting, scattered in the sky, like the stars. Other Pokémon had came around the lake and waited patiently for Milotic to appear. Then, Connor had seen it again, that same glint of hot pink and olympic blue scales just below the lake's watery surface. Connor had watched patiently, just as Milotic leaped our of the water, arcing across the face of the moon, before diving back into the water and swimming around. Connor sat with Sheldon, who appeared completely mesmerized by Milotic's performance, just as he once was. Finally, at the end, the Volbeat and Illumise has gone away along with the other Pokémon present, and the Surskit stopped skittering across the lake's surface. Milotic had came to the lake's edge once again to greet her friend. Connor stood up and gazed upon Milotic, before hugging it. Milotic curled its tail around Connor lovingly, returning his hug. It was this night that Connor had made a promise. He promised that he'd go out into the world, and find other magical and amazing Pokémon. He'd take his partner with him and goon adventures. Then, he'd return and share his stories with Milotic and his family.

Now, Connor is heading to the Hoenn region. A region of diversity and wonder, and a region worth exploring to the fullest. This would pose a new challenge for Connor as he'd never been anywhere without his family and he wouldn't even know what the first thing to do once he was off of this ferry. But, he knew that whatever would come his way, he was ready for.

Attachments

• 6BD9DECB-4AA4-4B59-878E-1FC9A1B2B222.jpeg
    6BD9DECB-4AA4-4B59-878E-1FC9A1B2B222.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 04804692-5984-4790-8076-B57A03569E20.jpeg
    04804692-5984-4790-8076-B57A03569E20.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 1

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
FULL NAME: Connor Bleu
Hi, welcome to PC! :D

Connor sounds like an interesting guy, and his backstory is definitely cool! I like your descriptive writing, too- the only thing I would note is that I think you should break things into more paragraphs. Typically, you start a new paragraph when there is a change in topic, a change in time or location, or a character starts speaking!

I would like Connor to start his journey in Dewford on Saturday the 19th- at this point, most characters are either there or almost there. Unless there's something you really want to do in Slateport, in which case I recommend covering only that event.

I assume you've read through the player document- that gives a good overview of how the RP works and is constantly being updated. But you can always ask me or your fellow players for clarification- we usually communicate in our dedicated discord server. Here's the link, please let me know if it expires before you get to it! I can always re-invite~ https://discord.gg/WdPMXw

Royalty_The_Queen

Royalty, The Queen
Years
Great! I'm super excited to start RP-omg with everybody. I just had some questions, what is the current setting info for Dewford? You know, weather, time & date, etc. Also, what types of Pokémon can I find around here, if I chose to go out and catch/ battle some?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Great! I'm super excited to start RP-omg with everybody. I just had some questions, what is the current setting info for Dewford? You know, weather, time & date, etc. Also, what types of Pokémon can I find around here, if I chose to go out and catch/ battle some?

Dewford's setting post is linked in the first post of the IC thread! It has all the possible Pokémon and locations listed in there. I didn't put dates and weather on it because... idk I was trying something lol. It's hot and sunny but probably pretty breezy. Connor should start on Saturday, September 19th.

As it says in the Player Document, you are free to encounter any Pokémon that would reasonably fit into the area! But the obtainable ones are limited to those I offer in the IC posts, and you still have to roll some numbers to see which ones you actually can catch. A little bit of game-ification in that way~

Royalty_The_Queen

Royalty, The Queen
Years
FULL NAME: Donna Logan
PREFERRED NAME: Donnie or Logan
PRONOUNS: She/Her
HOME REGION: Hoenn
DEVICE: PokeGear
POKEMON ON HAND: Alita (Taillow)
Level: 15
Ability: Guts
Moveset
- Growl
- Peck
- Focus Energy
- Quick Attack

APPEARANCE: Donna Logan is a beautiful young woman who's inherited her father's 5'9" height. Her porcelain skin, chocolate brown hair, and her sky blue eyes give her a natural beauty that she doesn't really like to display often. With all of these features, one would assume she's a natural on stage and in Pokemon Contests. But, they'd be wrong.
PERSONALITY: Donna is a bit of an introvert, in the sense that she doesn't make friends too often, and instead waits for somebody else to talk to her. But, once you get to know her, she's actually nice to be around. Donna is a bit of a bossy mother ype though! If her friends or somebody that she knows, does something idiotic, she'll call them out right then and there and will give them a proper scolding. This can get annoying sometimes, but if you don't make a mistake around her that's downright foolish, you'll have nothing to worry about. Also, Donna's a bit shy when it comes to meeting professional contest performers, so she'll need LOTS f encouragement in order to go talk to one. But, she'll be very happy if she gets an autograph from them!
BRIEF HISTORY: Donna never knew her mother, but she always heard stories about her from her father. A famous contest performer in the Johto and Hoenn regions, Donna's mother was an amazing woman. But, sadly, she perished giving birth to her daughter. Her father moved them from their original home in Oldale Town, to Dewford. It was here that he raised hs daughter, wh always held an adventurous and kind spirit. Donna grew up fascinated with her mother, and always visited every contest she could, to pay homage to her. But, it wasn't until she met a nice young man, Connor Bleu, who inspired her to travel the region with her and leave Dewford. Donna had found a new drea for herself from meeting him, and now she traves to see new sights and take on as many Pokemon trainers as she can!
CURRENT GOAL: Travel with Connor, defeat all of the gym leaders and take on the Hoenn league.
FLAVOR:
- Donna dreams of one day being able to perform on stage. But, for now she'll stick to being in the audience.
- Donna battles straightforwardly, trying to gauge her opponents style before strategizing. This strategy of hers has proven effective on numerous occasions.

TEXT SAMPLE: The first time Connor Bleu had seen a Pokémon was magical for him. It was dark at night, Connor was wandering around in the forest near his home city. Lost, scared, and afraid, Connor had unknowingly ventured deeper and deeper into the forest. Until he had came across a moonlit lake. The calm, still waters in the lake had cast a perfect mirror-image of the full moon above. As Connor had approached the lake, he had seen something skitter across the water. A Surskit had glided over the water's surface, only barely disturbing it. Connor watched as it raced to the other side of the lake, and soon enough, more Surskit had begun to dash across the lake's watery surface. For the first time in his life, Connor had seen actual Pokémon, and he was enjoying whatever it was that they were doing. Connor had came to the water's edge and looked out into the water, spotting something... amazing. The shimmer of hot pink and olympic blue scales under the thin water's surface had captured Connor's attention. Something was swimming beneath the water, effortlessly moving through it. Connor's eyes followed the majestic beauty, as a figure began to rise out of the water and leaped our, across the face of the moon. Connor had saw the form of serenity and beauty, a Milotic. Diving back into the water, Connor couldn't see where it had gone, and he tried to follow after it. Desperately, he swam out into the middle of the lake, until his feet couldn't touch the bottom. Connor found himself struggling to get back to shore, and sank below, into the water. He struggled to swim back up, but his arms and legs were tired and out of synch with his frantic attempts at swimming up to the surface. Connor had sank to the bottom of the lake and closed his eyes. The next thing he knew, Connor was back in shore, breathing and alive, with the same Milotic looking at him from the lake's edge. The majestic Pokémon towered over Connor, like a beautiful giant. He was mesmerized and enchanted by this creature, and reached out to touch it, just as it turned around and dashed back into the moonlit lake. Connor father and sister had eventually found him out in the forest, worried and concerned, they had asked Connor where he had ran off to and why he didn't come back home. To which he explained everything he had witnessed tonight. The Surskit gliding over the lake and the beautiful and awe-inspiring beauty of the Milotic inside.

This night was just the beginning however, from that night on Connor had committed himself to training himself and learning as much as he could about Pokémon. Finally, after years of waiting, Connor's eleventh birthday had came at last, and the one thing that he wished for the most was to receive a Pokémon. Excited, Connor opened up his birthday presents. The first one that he opened up was a surprise to him, it was a PokéBall, used for catching wild Pokémon. Then, a Pokédex for recording the Pokémon he found on his journey. Next, a PokéGear for navigating whatever regions he went to. And finally, his father gift. Connor looked to his father expectantly, and received a simple nod. Pulling off the top of his present, Connor was so excited when a Squirtle had popped up and greeted him. That was the moment that Connor was happiest, when he received his Pokémon partner for life; Sheldon. That night, Connor and Sheldon had went to the moonlit lake. There, they had found the same Surskit, skittering along the lake's surface, but also more Pokémon. Colbert and Illumise has flashed dim lighting, scattered in the sky, like the stars. Other Pokémon had came around the lake and waited patiently for Milotic to appear. Then, Connor had seen it again, that same glint of hot pink and olympic blue scales just below the lake's watery surface. Connor had watched patiently, just as Milotic leaped our of the water, arcing across the face of the moon, before diving back into the water and swimming around. Connor sat with Sheldon, who appeared completely mesmerized by Milotic's performance, just as he once was. Finally, at the end, the Volbeat and Illumise has gone away along with the other Pokémon present, and the Surskit stopped skittering across the lake's surface. Milotic had came to the lake's edge once again to greet her friend. Connor stood up and gazed upon Milotic, before hugging it. Milotic curled its tail around Connor lovingly, returning his hug. It was this night that Connor had made a promise. He promised that he'd go out into the world, and find other magical and amazing Pokémon. He'd take his partner with him and goon adventures. Then, he'd return and share his stories with Milotic and his family.

Now, Connor is heading to the Hoenn region. A region of diversity and wonder, and a region worth exploring to the fullest. This would pose a new challenge for Connor as he'd never been anywhere without his family and he wouldn't even know what the first thing to do once he was off of this ferry. But, he knew that whatever would come his way, he was ready for.

Years
She's been here since the beginning, but it's time for a proper SU for Sunny.

Name: Sonya "Sunny" Dey
Pronouns: She/Her
Home Region: Kinyo
Device: Holotch.
Pokémon on Hand:
Sputter (Litwick) (F)
Ability: Flash Fire
Level: 23
Timid Nature
- Ember
- Minimize
- Confuse Ray
- Hex
- Will-o-Wisp
- Flame Burst

Flare (Darumaka) (M)
Ability: Hustle
Level: 22
Hasty Nature
- Rock Smash
- Taunt
- Bite
- Fire Punch
- Fire Fang
- Headbutt

Striker (Aron) (F)
Ability: Rock Head
Level: 23
Impish Nature
- Reversal
- Iron Head
- Headbutt
- Metal Claw
- Rock Tomb
- Protect

Appearance:
Spoiler:

At 5' 6", Sunny is slightly over average height, with a lean and wiry frame. She has tan skin, green eyes, and naturally red hair that she dyes a brighter shade of red, with her bangs grown out to two distinct points that frame her face, the tips of which are dyed yellow. She dresses casual, with her clothes usually being cheap or second-hand, as long as they're comfortable and she can move. She has a short leather jacket, which she's started rolling the sleeves up on after getting a fancy watch phone.

Personality: Direct, assertive, and absolutely lacking a filter, Sunny says what she feels and does what she wants. She's very physical, and doesn't quite grasp the idea of "personal space". She likes to take charge of a situation, but gets frustrated easily. Combined with her flair for the dramatic and apparent lack of shame, it would take an extreme amount of patience to be her friend, so she's gotten used to being alone. That said, if she does get close to someone, she's fiercely protective of them.

History: Sunny was born in Kinyo, a region where Pokémon training is on the decline. She grew up hearing stories of dramatic battles and Champions who were like local heroes, and wanted to enter the Pokémon League to battle for the crowds and inspire young children, just like she had been. She set out to capture her own Pokémon, but without the right equipment or training, ended up essentially kidnapping a wild animal, suffering a nasty burn for her efforts. Rather than become discouraged, she resolved to become a Trainer the right way, and enrolled in the Mahono Academy. Unfortunately, shortly after starting her journey, the Kinyo League shut down due to lack of interest. She heard that some Kinyo trainers, including her best friend and rival, were relocating to the Hoenn region, so she set out to continue her journey there.

Current Goal: For now, Sunny just wants fun and adventure, but would like to become a Gym Leader or even Champion some day. If that doesn't work out, maybe she could be a Ranger or Researcher, something that lets her go explore.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024

Picrews Used: 1 | 2

MARCELLA MACMILLAN

PREFERRED NAME: Marcella, Marcie to close friends. Probably Marcella to you.
PRONOUNS: She/Her
HOME REGION: Hoenn, Lilycove City
DEVICE: Rotom Phone

POKEMON ON HAND

Bijou the Purrloin, Lv 15 - Scratch | Fake Out | Sand Attack | Play Rough

Bijou is lazy. Years of barely participating in battles have made her gluttonous and a little chubby. She knows a few party tricks Marcella will pull out to impress guests, but she is basically a housecat who is being forced outside for this journey at this point.

APPEARANCE

Marcella is quite tall, standing at 6'1" and at a healthy weight of 155 lbs, which is something she is always working on. She is naturally more on the curvy side, but because she aspire(d) to be a model, she works out often to try and stay thin, though she is still a bit "heavier" for a model and is self conscious of that.

She has long, wavy dark brown hair that is dyed a cool, ash-brown. With her aspirations, she is obviously very keen on fashion and is always immaculately dressed in the latest trends. She always wears an amethyst ring, matching her Purrloin's coat color (this will be a thing).

PERSONALITY

She's taller than you. She's richer than you. She's prettier than you. She's more elegant than you.

She's better than you.

And she's not afraid to let you know. Subtly, of course. Bragging isn't cute.

She's also good at everything. No, really. At least you might have that perception at first, because she will not participate in and feign disinterest over anything she's not good at. Never try, never fail, after all. This is going to be difficult because her dad is sending her on this stupid League journey. Why doesn't she want to go? It's boring. Pokemon are boring. That's all.

If she doesn't impress/intimidate you, she will try to charm you. If she can't charm you, well... Bring out the Ice Queen. Her attitude will go from 100 to 0 real quick.

Underneath all this is a lot of insecurity, and her fear of disappointing her family manifests outwardly as a very carefree, even lazy attitude. She's learned to be critical and judgmental from her dad, often critiquing others to cope with how she has been critiqued.

BRIEF HISTORY

You could say Marcella grew up in the lap of luxury - she and her brother never grew up wanting, and they live in a spacious, beautiful home with their dad. Despite this, she always felt a bit of an emotional rift between her and her family, likely due to the time her dad spends working and his high expectations of his children, as he believes they have no excuse to not do well in life when they have been so well provided for, and subsequently the competitive nature of her relationship with her brother that arose as they fought for their dad's approval. She was always pretty, popular and envied throughout her schooling, so she was more comfortable surrounding herself with friends and admirers.

Avery MacMillan (Brother)

Two years older than Marcella. Star child and pride of their father. Effortlessly good at battles, and partially why Marcella doesn't really want to get into battling, because she perceives this as Avery's thing and wants to find her own, rather than being overshadowed by her brother. Will not have trouble finding work as Gym staff or a Gym Leader when he decides to, but currently content traveling and making money just as a professional trainer and from winning tournaments.

Henry MacMillan (Father)

Currently a successful businessman, but was also a very good trainer in his youth. His experience as a trainer and sharp mind helped him find work designing and creating new products for other trainers at Devon Corporation, where he rose the ranks quickly.

Wants the best for his children. Critical and judgemental, but he means well. He says hurtful things, not because he's mean but he thinks he's being helpful. Unknowingly drives a lot of Marcella's insecurities and refusal to try new things, so as to not fail in front of him.

CURRENT GOAL

She always knew she wanted to do something in the fashion industry. Being blessed with her height, modeling made a lot of sense to her and she loved it, having worked a few gigs since she turned 18. But her dad really wanted her to do something a bit more stable and not so looks-reliant with her career, especially knowing how hard she works just to barely stay slim enough for the industry.

She was given a decision to make - he gave her the opportunity to apply to a school of her choice (she picked fashion design, naturally), but if she can't get in, she will take some time off to take on the League, earn some money while she does that and even if she doesn't do well, it might inspire her to follow another career path, the way it did for him and Avery. After all, it's something he is familiar with, and Avery is familiar with, so she will have lots of help from her family.

FLAVOR

• Adept at the piano
  • Not a bad dancer (trained in ballet)
  • Likes attending and hosting parties
  • F-Zero............... I didn't forget
  • Jewelry enthusiast

WRITING SAMPLE

[OOC: I realize this might not have been the best sample considering how she interacts with her dad will be quite different from how I envision her interacting with her peers, but I wanted to write this as a glimpse into her home life, so this would be more of an extension of her Brief History/Goal more than Personality.

I also realize the point of a sample is just to showcase how I write, which you are fairly familiar with now anyway, so this was not really necessary. :p]

Battle post sample here.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Marcella is accepted!! I can't wait to see what she does on her journey (´∩。• ᵕ •。∩`)

Also, while I'm here, pinkiswin has officially retired Jason Lee from the RP. I'll update the IC OP soon~

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
I added Hikaru's information and made a quick, very minor update to Avril's Sign up as well! You can find everything in the first post I made, right here!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
update time! havent done it in a while, oops...

The following has been updated in Chapter 3's post:
Enomoto Pokémon Conservatory
The large, glass-domed conservatory lies in the south of Petalburg and is run by June's uncle, Tetsuo Enomoto. He's inherited the conservatory due to pressure from his family, being the only young adult with a license and no children or other responsibilities to take care of in the Enomoto family. Tetsuo has always been more interested in battling than conservatory work and he struggles to keep the place afloat. To that end, he has started charging an admission fee for visitors to the conservatory. Petalburg locals and the rest of the family were revolted by the decision, but the point stands that the conservatory has grown in popularity as a tourist destination, even to the point of hosting a small gift shop with rather basic merchandise. There is a large field behind the conservatory for those species that need to run, and a small, traditional home is attached to the building itself but is not open to visitors- Tetsuo lives here.

During weekdays, visitors may pay the small admission fee to walk a designated route through the conservatory, denoted by paved paths and fencing in certain areas. All kinds of Pokémon can be seen here, many not native to Hoenn. Catching Pokémon inside the conservatory is strictly forbidden, as many of the Pokémon belong to members of the Enomoto family personally.
OOC: Tetsuo is controlled by Kiki. Please talk to her if you have questions or would like to visit the conservatory! He also posts jobs on the board at the Pokémon Center.​

PLAYERS
mdebourg has been automatically removed from the RP due to a non-communicative absence of one month. I hope he's well.
pinkiswin has chosen to retire, as his interest in roleplaying with us led his wife to become interested in Pokémon, and really what he was seeking was to share that with someone. Which is very nice and I wish him the best. :)

PLAYER DOC UPDATES

Hiatus Status
If you haven't posted in a while or have been absent from the group Discord, I will likely DM you and ask if you would like to put your character on hiatus. You will still be in the Discord server and in the RP, just deemed inactive for all purposes until you decide you are ready to come back. You will not be tagged by @Cast nor expected to follow what is going on in the server or the RP. The only time you will be pinged is when I publish a new chapter, and you have no obligation to respond to that ping.

To come back from hiatus, all you need to do is publish a new post IC. That's it. You don't have to inform me beforehand or anything. You can choose to pick up your character's story in any location IC, whether that be right where you left off or in the most recent location. Please be considerate of the timeline when moving your character to a different location. Of course, there is no real penalty for being on hiatus or skipping areas. The consequences are simply that you miss out on the levels, rewards, and story opportunities that you choose to skip over.

Please re-familiarize yourself with this document before returning. If you need help or want to talk about the ideal way your character could re-integrate into the story, I am of course available~

Types and Interactions
Ghost types all have the ability to phase through things. The ability to become invisible is a result of that- they simply allow all light to phase through their forms, thus becoming invisible. However, both types of phasing take concentration and energy to perform and maintain.
For the less corporeal crowd, phasing is second nature. A Gastly or the like could easily pass through walls. More solid ghosts, those that are a spirit in a container, find it more difficult. At first, a Golett might be concerned about an incoming Tackle, only to phase through the hit on instinct.

AREAS
Each area post will have prospective travel times and usual weather included. However, as previously mentioned, you all have a great deal of autonomy regarding what you choose to do.

Locations
There will be various locations within an area. Things like Gyms, Contest Halls, caves, Ranger Stations… places to explore, with things to do and people to talk to. Some will be presented by me, but you can absolutely make your own places, especially in cities. And your own characters and things to do. The things I present to you are not be-all, end-all. It's a huge world!

Prompts
In chapter posts, anything marked "prompt" is something that I have created that you character may choose to do in that location. It will be unusual for an activity to be required. I don't have plans for anything of the sort, but we'll see what comes up.

My intent is to present you with a variety of prompts in each area. Some will have rewards associated with them, others will be just a jumping-off point for you to take wherever. I will give you all the details at the outset for some, and hand out details in secret for others. Some will be accessible to anyone at any point, and others will have limitations on timing and players. For those that are limited to a certain amount of players, I will ask everyone to express interest or disinterest in the quest. If more people than admissible express interest, I will roll some dice to randomly choose the player(s) that will be able to participate. This should be a bit more fair than first come, first serve since we're all in different timezones with different schedules. :)

NPCs
As with quests, I will often present NPCs to interact with. Usually, I will give them a short profile and turn them over to you. Occasionally, I will retain control over them- interacting with these characters will involve a JP with me. I'll make it very clear which characters are which type! Gym leaders will always be the first type, I can assure you that.

Sometimes, players may choose to make their own NPCs available to interact with. They may have their own blurb in a chapter post, or simply be around the area. Talk to the creators of those NPCs to interact with them!

IC Time
Remember to keep your timing logical. For your character to move between locations, to complete their missions, to have conversations- everything takes time. Think about how long things may take, and know when your character is in the timeline, because it matters when you want to work with another player. Some quests and areas will be time-dependant as well.

You should always know what day your character is currently experiencing, and at least an approximate time of day for events- morning, noonish, evening, night. Y'know. I advise marking the header or footer of your posts with the date and time just so everyone knows when things are taking place. If an event is going to happen on a specific day/time in a specific location, I'll make it very clear. Otherwise, feel free to play it however you want and advance your time when you need to!

PokéDexes
The PokéDex issued to all journeying trainers is a full encyclopedia, a complete database of Pokémon, moves, abilities, and habitats. It also is synched to the PokéBalls a trainer has registered to them, offering detailed information on their Pokémon. All information is stored locally, so it works even in the deepest of caves and most remote of areas, whether or not a trainer has data connection. It scans Pokémon with extremely high accuracy and though its ability to identify moves is less accurate, it still functions well when given enough information.

Most trainers, however, use the very basic app on their devices rather than pull out the whole PokéDex every time they need something.

Items & TMs
Berries, evolution items and stones, fossils, held items, TMs… I control the distribution of these kinds of things. You'll often find them as rewards for quests, along with specialty PokéBalls and other things that are normally very rare or expensive.

TMs are not numbered and do not break. TRs for very powerful moves may be available down the line. Any move that has ever existed can be written to a TM or TR! But your Pokémon can still only learn things that its species can normally. Most of the time, when I give a TM as a quest reward, it won't be a named TM. Instead, I'll give a category like "a grass-type status move" or "a physical steel-type move with power 60 or less".

The mechanism for writing TMs or TRs to a Pokémon is based on the one in the Electric Tale of Pikachu manga. Embyr has made a lovely little diagram for reference! A TR would work similarly, but the machine would be erased after use. Another TR could be written to that machine in the future. [click for full size]

SCAN
Your character may choose to use the SCAN function of your device once per area to increase the chance of finding a chosen listed Pokémon. (IC: the Rangers limit SCAN function to once per area to limit hunting for rare and powerful Pokémon.) This has a side effect of significantly increasing the chance of the found Pokemon being shiny, having a Hidden Ability, and having a cool egg move. SCAN does count as one of your three encounter rolls, so keep that in mind, and none of its effects are guaranteed. You must tell me what you are scanning for when you request a SCAN roll.

Contest Pass
To apply for a Contest Pass, you must provide staff at the Contest Hall with a signed receipt for your class and a Hoenn-registered trainer license. The pass activates immediately. Your pass will allow you to participate in D-Rank contests, which is the beginner level. Two ribbons in D-Rank allows a coordinator to graduate to C-Rank and upgrade their Pass. Three ribbons in C-Rank and a coordinator graduates to B-Rank and may enter the Grand Festival. It is unlikely that anyone will make it to A-Rank. There is also S-Rank, which is given to top-level coordinators who have achieved multiple Grand Festival wins.

Language and International Travel
The international standard language of this world is the one spoken across the Japan-based regions- Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Kinyo, and Sinnoh. In other regions, this language is taught alongside the native language from a young age. Those from Unova, Orre, and Galar share a native language. Kalos has its own native language. And Alola has three in common circulation- the two aforementioned languages and native Alolan, as well. Of course, those from different regions will have distinct accents even if they speak the same language. And perhaps there are even smaller distinctions inside regions themselves!

Weather Effects
Weather effects take energy to maintain from the Pokémon that summoned them. Usually, Pokémon-summoned weather is extremely localized. More powerful Pokémon or groups of Pokémon can learn to clear or change natural weather, though this is not recommended by the Rangers or any other ecological scientists.

Sunny Day and similar will summon a ball of light that mimics the light and heat of the sun. It can also clear any other weather effects that existed prior to its use (its Japanese name isn't "Clear Skies" for nothing!). However, if other weather is summoned after Sunny Day, the two may coexist in a strange fashion. The sun will eventually wane over time.

Hail, Rain Dance, and similar will draw low clouds to the field and create a localized hail or rainstorm. Sunny Day will clear either, but rain and and hail may coexist with each other and/or a sandstorm. They may also coexist with Sunny Day, if they were summoned after. Eventually, the rain or hail will subside and clouds will disperse naturally.

Sandstorm and similar will summon swirling winds that whip sand in all directions in a limited radius. Sunny Day will clear the storm, but rain and hail may coexist with a sandstorm. It may also coexist with Sunny Day, provided the sandstorm was summoned after Sunny Day. Eventually, the winds will die down and any sand will drop to the ground.

--- sorry that's so much; i'll keep on top of it more~

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
Hey GM I hope you're well! 😁

Quick question. If I was to sign up with a character, at what point would I introduce them into the story? Would I start them from a new ferry landing in Hoenn and then quickly work my way up to the area of the other players or would I just jump in at a certain point and like "assume" that everything up to that point was okay and incident free type thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to disrupt the flow of the RP as it is by me introducing a character at an awkward point.

Many thanks! 🤗

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hey GM I hope you're well! 😁

Quick question. If I was to sign up with a character, at what point would I introduce them into the story? Would I start them from a new ferry landing in Hoenn and then quickly work my way up to the area of the other players or would I just jump in at a certain point and like "assume" that everything up to that point was okay and incident free type thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to disrupt the flow of the RP as it is by me introducing a character at an awkward point.

Many thanks! 🤗
Welcome to PC~ You could do either, honestly- if there are things you would like to do in Slateport, then it wouldn't be unreasonable for your character to start there on Thursday the 17th or Friday the 18th. If you would prefer to on par with the other players right away, though, your character would probably be best off arriving in Dewford on Saturday the 19th or Sunday the 20th. It's pretty open and free right now, because characters can go between currently available locations in a matter of hours. So it's more about where you want to be and how much writing you want to do!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
Welcome to PC~ You could do either, honestly- if there are things you would like to do in Slateport, then it wouldn't be unreasonable for your character to start there on Thursday the 17th or Friday the 18th. If you would prefer to on par with the other players right away, though, your character would probably be best off arriving in Dewford on Saturday the 19th or Sunday the 20th. It's pretty open and free right now, because characters can go between currently available locations in a matter of hours. So it's more about where you want to be and how much writing you want to do!

Okay so you as GM would be happy then if I decided to have my character arrive in Dewford on Sunday the 20th? If so I'll go ahead and start writing up an SU and aim to introduce them around that timeframe 😊

Back