• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Now now, kidlets. We're going a little bit silly. Why don't I push you back to normality with a nice topic?

What is your favourite kind of roleplay?

I suppose I am in the minority here when I say that I prefer linear roleplays? What I mean by it, is those journey-esque ones where they give you an A/B/C choice for all players, and then they all could spin off into their own little stories. I don't know why, but a general sandbox roleplay to me tends to seem like a lot of dinking around. Just my two cents. ;p

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
I'm pretty new around here, and was wondering if there were any RPs which are just starting, as I'm interested in joining one. I have participated in RPs before, although not a huge amount.
One with a decent overarching plot whilst not forcing the characters down any particular route would be good, however that said, I'm not too picky.

As long as it's pretty new then I'd be interested.

Nothing with too many characters / plots going on at once either, that would overwhelm my little brain.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Hey!! Welcome to our little Roleplay Corner!

I know Pokemon Fallout and The Pokemon Trainer Academy is always a good place for new people to start (I'm not sure if they have any places left XD)

If you want to join a roleplay that hasn't started yet, have a look through the latest accepted roleplays in this thread here (clicky) or just subscribe to the thread and wait until I accept the new submitted threads. :)

Anyways, have fun ok!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I would warn that I personally think Pokemon Fallout has a significantly higher effort requirement in order to get in. There's a lot more... reading involved, and the setting is very, very dark compared to your average roleplay. (Meaning most characters will have to be rewritten to fit into the world of Fallout, even if they're already meant for the Pokemon World.)

That being said, it's still run by me and I'm exceedingly forgiving and willing to help everyone, but I'd still be hesitant to call it beginner friendly, at least on the level that The Pokemon Trainer Academy is.

That also being said, Pokemon Fallout has unlimited spots unlike PTA. I can afford to do that because also unlike PTA there /is no/ overarching plot, but in it's place is a very rich world full of lots of material roleplayers can use to craft their own plots to play out with eachother. (The general idea is that if your plot changes the world enough for better or worse the roleplay will then end.)

Of course, I myself have plots of my own going on to offer people something to join in on. They are just not mandated by the RP itself. (Like I always say, my job in Fallout is basically to help people and enforce the rules.) I'm not advising against joining it so much as I want to make sure the people that /do/ join are happy with their choice. :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I actually dont have a preference when it comes to the style of the roleplay. As long as the roleplay has a good plot, and has loads of interaction in it, I'll join it! Doesn't matter if it's sandbox or chaptered or anything like that. lol

Speaking of which...I am on a break from it, but I'll still be posting on this thread. xD

I'm pretty new around here, and was wondering if there were any RPs which are just starting, as I'm interested in joining one. I have participated in RPs before, although not a huge amount.
One with a decent overarching plot whilst not forcing the characters down any particular route would be good, however that said, I'm not too picky.

As long as it's pretty new then I'd be interested.

Nothing with too many characters / plots going on at once either, that would overwhelm my little brain.

I think Skymin has got you covered in getting you started to roleplay~! If you check the Check to See If Your Roleplay Is Accepted thread, you can see which roleplays are recently accepted, and you can go see if the roleplay is taking spots. Hopefully there are some that are taking spots!

If you have any questions, you can always ask one of us awesome members, or Skymin...she is very helpful~

Welcome aboard and have fun!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
They certainly took their time to announce, but congratulations to all the winners in the RPAs!

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
PLEASE!! THANK-YOU!! OKAY!!

oh god the caps and the exclamations

THE HORROR OF THE EXCLAMATIONS!!!!!!

Anyways, congrats to the winners of this RPA :] I didn't really vote this time around because I wasn't really active, but I guess I'll become a bit more active now.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I don't post for a day and a bunch of stuff happens. This is why I can't leave the internet.

Imma check out Cloud, once I've written up my second Hyrule SU.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
(lurks back in) >>; <<;

Got any (good) RPs that need players? o-o;

Hey! You're not allowed to lurk back in! You should have done so when I mentioned it forever ago!
You're a dirty cheater. >|O
Lol, well hello there.

DO YOU LIKE SUPERVEGETA?

NO. O^O

Now now, kidlets. We're going a little bit silly. Why don't I push you back to normality with a nice topic?

I'm sorry, but did you just imply that you were normal? . . .
. . .
. . . AHAHAHAHAHA, funny joke!

Well, I, like, died for a little while there over Christmas break, but now I'm (kind of) alive so I'll get back to . . . whatever! //I'm in Art class right now and I probably shouldn't even be on here. PFFT, WHO NEEDS ART RESEARCH PROJECTS WHEN YOU'VE GOT COMPUTERZ? (I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be doing. ._.)

So so so so, what's up? Did I read something about dead Smash Brothers? That sounds tragic . . . I should probably work on getting my roleplays ready for posting, lol.

What is your favourite kind of roleplay?

The fun kind. //pfft!

EDIT:

Best Veteran Roleplay

Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning (GM'd by Supervegeta) is a play-as-Pokemon roleplay that works. It has a great plot, great characters, and is always on the move. Under the incredibly odd, malfested, horribly twisted and incredibly wrong guidance of Supervegeta, this RP has failed to thrived and continued to be compelling for over a year.​
I just thought that I would point out that a few words were missing, so it made absolutely no sense. I took the liberty of editing in the proper rhetoric to fit such a reward for this deserving person.
(But, seriously, there was a word missing, lol.)
Yep, that just happened.​
I call hax.

(Please ignore the fact that the quotes just committed suicide. Thank you for your understanding.)

Last edited:

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Hopelessly Helpful Roleplayer T.T At least I got an award... Where's the random musical number that celebrates the awards?! I want it!!!

"It has been documented that he was never shy pass along his help" ...Sound like a pretty way of saying "Seems like he is helpful, based on how much we stalked him... Tehehehehe..." if you ask me...

Aaaaaaanyways, I've come here from the shadows I order to ask something bout an RP of mine that I'm still drafting. Yup. Shameless advertising >:D

Spoiler:

Real question is.. Is it incredibly confusing? Do you find it interesting? Any questions, or suggestions?

PS. Supervegeta is the best Roleplay in the whole universe (and every alternate universe).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Congratulations to all the winners of the RPAs! All of your were very well deserved to win each category. :)

also skymin hhhhnnnnnngggg don't make me come out of my roleplay hiatus!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
HYRULE (As seen on PC)
needs some players!

Mainly, because at the moment everyone's choosing the same races, leaving three empty:
Kokiri Ageless children of the forest
Gerudo A race made entirely of women
Rito Bird-like humanoid beings

Some people should /totally/ make some of those.

On topic of the RPAs, I cannot believe I've won Most Improved RPer. In fact, I didn't even know I was nominated; well, my ego is officially stroked, and hopefully this is a good sign. 2013, here's to another year of fun and Roleplay!
~Wolfy

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Note on the Gerudo: They worship men as gods. I probably would have made one, if it weren't for that tidbit. :|

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Note on the Gerudo: They worship men as gods. I probably would have made one, if it weren't for that tidbit. :|

Only the ones born into their tribe, which only happens every hundred years, considering Ganon was the last one, there's no man-worshipping now.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Well since this IS the rp discussion thread, I figure that I can talk about this roleplay and spread the word here. I have recently converted to the Church of Supervegeta. Let it be known, this church is not for the faint of heart... sacrifices must be made and only the worthy will be allowed in. That being said, Supervegeta is not without mercy. Though there are rules to follow as well... they are not difficult for those who have perseverance and aren't afraid to cough up a bit of blood. If you really want to be in the church centered around the MOST original roleplay, then by all means, join up.

Just take a look at my own testimonial on my about me section on my profile to understand the sheer OBEDIENCE that Supervegeta commands! If you cannot rise to this level then just stay away from Supervegeta and don't you DARE use his holy name ever again. Supervegeta shall see if you have sacrificed enough to be even CONSIDERED a part of his church. As stated before, perseverance comes a long way.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Also skymin hhhhnnnnnngggg don't make me come out of my roleplay hiatus!
<: you know you want to

Well since this IS the rp discussion thread, I figure that I can talk about this roleplay and spread the word here. I have recently converted to the Church of Supervegeta. Let it be known, this church is not for the faint of heart... sacrifices must be made and only the worthy will be allowed in. That being said, Supervegeta is not without mercy. Though there are rules to follow as well... they are not difficult for those who have perseverance and aren't afraid to cough up a bit of blood. If you really want to be in the church centered around the MOST original roleplay, then by all means, join up.

Just take a look at my own testimonial on my about me section on my profile to understand the sheer OBEDIENCE that Supervegeta commands! If you cannot rise to this level then just stay away from Supervegeta and don't you DARE use his holy name ever again. Supervegeta shall see if you have sacrificed enough to be even CONSIDERED a part of his church. As stated before, perseverance comes a long way.
Oh god what has he done to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back