• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024

YEAH DO IT POST IT

Yeaaaah I kinda tried to sign up but spots were closed. :[
GO POST IN ARCANUM before you even try to join another one of mine xD

@RHCP: But, but, but... I-If you post another Journey RP, then I'll have to join it you know that? This will be the bane of my grades... *Oh God Why?!-face*
Haha, I knooow it's bad for my grades as well lol. No, really. It's up to oneself if one wants to participate in many RPs. And really, if we didn't spend as much time just browsing the web lazily or watching TV, we'd actually have time to write posts for the RPs that we like. That's how I think about it :3 I guess I'll have to eat my own words soon enough.. haha. Won't be joining any more RPs for a while now, that's for sure!

I think I decided on a non-level system, where I give out moves to pokémon after battles sometimes instead. It'll be less restrictive and we won't have to have battles in every post in order to get somewhere in the game :3 like in Arcanum lol
Actually I think it'll be a spiritual sequel to *Foreigners!

EDIT: 'kay, posted it. Let's hope that Skymin approves it when she wakes up from her birthdaypartysleep ;) *makes wild inappropriate assumptions*

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
@RHCP: Yaaaay innapropriate assumptions! My favourites! :3

I'm excited and horrified at the same time, I never thought that I'd ever have that combination... Anyway as stated before, I looooove Journey RPs. But this will be hard... Believe me.

I never really looked at Foreigners, but I'm sure that this one'll be awesome!

The warden

I'm back!
Years

GO POST IN ARCANUM before you even try to join another one of mine xD

Haha, I knooow it's bad for my grades as well lol. No, really. It's up to oneself if one wants to participate in many RPs. And really, if we didn't spend as much time just browsing the web lazily or watching TV, we'd actually have time to write posts for the RPs that we like. That's how I think about it :3 I guess I'll have to eat my own words soon enough.. haha. Won't be joining any more RPs for a while now, that's for sure!

^ Reason why I'm not posting my new RPs until after I've finished my degree. I have to agree that I spend too much time just lazing on the internet but I've stopped watching TV almost entirely. By June/July time I will be done forever and hoping to get a job. Then I should be posting at least one new RP, interestingly both planned will be co-owned.

New topic: Co-owning an RP vs going it alone

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
New topic: Co-owning an RP vs going it alone

Hmmmmmm..... I don't have any problem in any of the two. I only like to have a co GM so that (s)he can take over if I have any rl problems at the moment, or need help with storylines. And sometimes it's just cool to collaborate and mix different ideas!

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Co-owning or doing an RP alone?

Well, I feel that if you are new to being a GM you should probably try to GM alongside someone who is a veteran at it so that you'll gain some experience. However, if you feel that you can handle it alone, then fine. Do that! To me it feels like you should have some experience at first as well as a lot of responsibility. I mean I've never GMed before, but I'm sure that it's pretty tough at times!

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I'd rather choose Co-Owning an RP. I realize I'm not good at being a GM alone.

I'm actually glad I get to Co-GM an RP with Zerin. It makes me feel happy. I'm more acquaintent with making an RP with someone than doing it alone. It helps me advance the RP forward.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I would prefer GMing alone, because I know I'm capable. However, I agreed to Co-GMing with ShinyDiamond for a number of reasons:

1. I know he needed the help, and i was happy to give it
2. I was already planning a similar RP, so instead of competing, I decided we could work together
3. I've never co-GMed before and thought I should start
4. Just in case I'm busy, I'll have back-up.

There are many more reasons, but those are the main. Plus, it's not really a bad thing to RP, and it actually makes me socialize instead of being in my little loner corner...

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I would prefer GMing alone, because I know I'm capable. However, I agreed to Co-GMing with ShinyDiamond for a number of reasons:

1. I know he needed the help, and i was happy to give it
2. I was already planning a similar RP, so instead of competing, I decided we could work together
3. I've never co-GMed before and thought I should start
4. Just in case I'm busy, I'll have back-up.

There are many more reasons, but those are the main. Plus, it's not really a bad thing to RP, and it actually makes me socialize instead of being in my little loner corner...

Q-Q I feel so special now. Thanks for Co-GMing with me!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Q-Q I feel so special now. Thanks for Co-GMing with me!

You are special! And I know about your problem, so I can help you with it as a co-GM. Plus, you're a nice person, and it isn't your fault that you have outbursts.

We all have our problems. I'm not going to state mine, because I'm pretty sure I've already explained them.

プリンセスサファイア

Sapphire Princess
Years
I'm wondering if anyone would like to be my Co-GM for my rp Sonic the Hedgehog: Legion of Chaos. This is the first RP I've made and I feel like I might do a better job with it if I have a Co-Gm

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I prefer co-GMing now that I've done it. It just takes a little load off your shoulders to know there's a helping hand there to organise everything.

King!

better
Years
@RHCP: YESYESYESYESYES YOU DID IT YAY? But...omg I'm so busy D: Hopefully it doesn't actually start for a few days xD Hnnngh...

And I've never ever co-gm'ed and RP before...I think I would like to try it, though, it seems a bit of a weight of your shoudlers just a bit :D

Edit: lol of course I say that and then look up and see the post before basically said the same thing wonderful

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years

There's a One Piece x Pokemon crossover RP called Uncharted Waters here, GMed by Ray Maverick and milktankRancher. You should join it if you are into that sort of thing d:

I've never really watched One Piece (Naruto and Fairy Tail are enough for me, along with whatever's out each season that doesn't feature panty shots/ magical girls*/ mindless rot every five seconds). It amuses me when people get into arguments about which series is better.

* Excluding Madoka, which I will be watching soon.

... Back on topic, I've never co-GMed anything. I've never GMed either...

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I've never seen or heard of "Fairy Tail" before... Heard of Naruto and One Piece, but didn't like either.

Bobobo Bobobobo was a complete disgrace.

Good Anime:

Wolf's Rain
Darker Than BLACK
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Dragonball GT SUCKS
Death Note

Ah, yes, and Dragonball Z Abridged. (Episode 29 JUST CAME OUT)

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Fairy Tail is by the same mangaka that wrote/drew Rave Master. It's a comedy; however, it has serious plots. It's about wizards and magic, and kind of follows the typical shounen manga that has potential to run forever with introduction of new villains and more plot lines. (I admit though, I highly enjoy the series.)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Zerin: No pokemon? Not even the popular seasons? HERETIC! I'm also slightly surprised you haven't gotten into some of the darker animes. Not that I know a whole lot about anime.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
FMA and Darker than BLACK are pretty dark for Anime, as well as Death Note.

I love good stories, great action, and maybe some comedic remarks. However, Panty shots / Ecchi and innapropriate things like such I generally try to avoid, as they derive from the plot entirely.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
See now I'm torn between developing that Rocket Journey RP idea, the Mass Effect one I had ages ago or a Fairy Tail style one. x: I also want to RP something that is more for older characters than younger children/teens (not that those aren't enjoyable). Blegh, so many potential RPs, so little inspiration. Curse my muse with a rusty spoon. DX

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
@RHCP: YESYESYESYESYES YOU DID IT YAY? But...omg I'm so busy D: Hopefully it doesn't actually start for a few days xD Hnnngh...
It probably won't start for a week after it gets accepted at least :]

See now I'm torn between developing that Rocket Journey RP idea, the Mass Effect one I had ages ago or a Fairy Tail style one. x: I also want to RP something that is more for older characters than younger children/teens (not that those aren't enjoyable). Blegh, so many potential RPs, so little inspiration. Curse my muse with a rusty spoon. DX
Rocket Journey! It can be made "darker" than usual journeys.

I'm watching Shugo Chara now so I'm playing with the thought of making an RP with guardian characters and stuff~ But nah.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
I feel like I should mention Lucky Star, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Phi Brain, but this isn't the "Anime Discussion Thread". It's the "Roleplay Discussion Thread"!

@RHCP: Shugo Chara! I need to watch the rest of that anime since I've only watched Ep. 1 so far derp ^_^'

Pride was shadowlurking before it was cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back