• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Since you came up with that great suggestion, I was gonna ask you to do so anyway haha. I'm really hoping this goes over better than last year's event. It wasn't bad, but it was pretty rough, which is why I didn't wanna do it again. Icky.

Though, idk why they make Get Together last like...three days. They always end up extending it. They might as well make GT last at least a week. lmao

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yeah, a week would be fantastic. Its not like we're using any resources that cost us extra the longer we keep it going. Plus, a week is just a good, even time to do stuff.

Also, when is the gettogether this year? Last year it was in Mid July, if I remember correctly, because I was in the hospital, and I got out the 22ndish. And then I went back for completely unrelated reasons. Last summer was not good for my health.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
tbh, I'm not sure. A planning forum usually appears when it's closer and you can post your draft for your event in there to be approved. I haven't heard any admins talk about it either, so idk. Probably mid-July again?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hating my "Set" challenge at the moment. I don't raise full teams, I never have raised a full team ever. The most i've ever used is 4 pokemon. I don't like full teams. For the sole reason that there is never enough trainers to grind on, especially in Kanto.

Really? I always use full teams because then it gives me the chance to use even more Pokémon which almost always makes it funner! You can always train on wild Pokémon so the only real annoying thing is HMs.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I can't stand not having a full team, or well, at least ending the game with one. I'll usually catch what I want on my final team and only train those till I meet my next member, then the next, and eventually all my spots are filled. I use the Slowflake method lol. I don't use repels, I battle all the wild Pokemon, I battle all the trainers, I don't train things that don't need to be trained, etc. So it leaves out grinding in most games, which is nice.

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
Lol, I hate having a full team. In Pearl I had a team of 6, and everyone was underleveled. Then I discovered how amazing it was to have a partial team in HeartGold, where I had 4. Then in Black I had 2. I actually really enjoyed it, because you could level your guys faster to get the good moves, and you can bring HM slaves in the empty slots.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I've done trio and duo challenges before, and I loved that I didn't have to grind, but I didn't like the lack of variety on my team. I find 5 workable, but it ends up bugging me in the long run haha.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Full teams are such a pain. I'm used to beating games with 1 to 3 Pokemon tops. Anymore is just a waste of exp.

I was thinking: Each person starts with their original team and goes 3 badges in. Then there are a total of 6 trades, until they get their final team for the E4. So, it would be nice if we had multiples of 6 people doing the challenge. It would make it nice and easy to keep organized. So would we rather have like 5 people standing by and have them fill in space as needed, or would we rather just wing it and try to make everything work?

Double also, I think it would be a good idea to take this for a test run before we actually do it for the Get Together. Try to work out all the kinks and stuff so we don't mess something up when it matters. Good idea yes?

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Full teams are such a pain. I'm used to beating games with 1 to 3 Pokemon tops. Anymore is just a waste of exp.

I was thinking: Each person starts with their original team and goes 3 badges in. Then there are a total of 6 trades, until they get their final team for the E4. So, it would be nice if we had multiples of 6 people doing the challenge. It would make it nice and easy to keep organized. So would we rather have like 5 people standing by and have them fill in space as needed, or would we rather just wing it and try to make everything work?

Double also, I think it would be a good idea to take this for a test run before we actually do it for the Get Together. Try to work out all the kinks and stuff so we don't mess something up when it matters. Good idea yes?
Nice idea. Count me in. I guess we should put together a "challenge" post for it?

Also, because we're trading, experience is boosted, right? So it wouldn't be as much of an issue. Although all I have are emulators...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Multiples of 6 would be good yeah. Hopefully if anything gets out of line though, either me or you could handle it, me for real copies and you for ROMs. A test run would be a good idea, my only concern is that once people do the challenge, they'll be less fired up to do it for GT, unless we only allow a certain number of people that we know will end up doing the actual GT run. Guinea pigs kekeke. If you want, we can work on a rough draft for the test run via PM.

Can I be a part of the Get Together helping comitee or something? And yeah, full teams = waste of exp. I think 3 is the magic number

I kinda hate when people ask this, tbh. It makes me feel bad, because I know I can't pick all of you to help with it, plus I haven't really worked with you much in the past like I have with Myrrh. I appreciate it, but no thanks.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years

Multiples of 6 would be good yeah. Hopefully if anything gets out of line though, either me or you could handle it, me for real copies and you for ROMs. A test run would be a good idea, my only concern is that once people do the challenge, they'll be less fired up to do it for GT, unless we only allow a certain number of people that we know will end up doing the actual GT run. Guinea pigs kekeke. If you want, we can work on a rough draft for the test run via PM.

Yeah, PM away. And I too was thinking about just having some of the regulars test it (maybe just like one set of 6 or something?) to make sure it works out and everything. I could totally see something happening like one gym is a lot shorter than the others and we need to combine them or something (Such as Red and Blue, between the 7th and 8th Gyms) (Gold and Silver, between the 5th and 6th Gyms) (Ruby and Sapphire, between the 4th and 5th Gyms)), and we might want to just combine that with the previous or next gym length. Also, we would need to select a game I guess.

vaporeon7

Years
Yeah, PM away. And I too was thinking about just having some of the regulars test it (maybe just like one set of 6 or something?) to make sure it works out and everything. I could totally see something happening like one gym is a lot shorter than the others and we need to combine them or something (Such as Red and Blue, between the 7th and 8th Gyms) (Gold and Silver, between the 5th and 6th Gyms) (Ruby and Sapphire, between the 4th and 5th Gyms)), and we might want to just combine that with the previous or next gym length. Also, we would need to select a game I guess.

If you guys do a test run on an emulator, I'd be happy to be a guinea pig. I think we should do either a generation II because of all the trade evolution Pokémon in it.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Gah, I wish that rl things wouldn't cause me to randomly poof from PC for long periods of time. :l Anyway, since school is pretty much wrapping up now, I should be around more often and getting back into the swing of challenges pretty soon.

Now I'm really glad I made that list of challenges and whatnot a month or so ago. Just so I can remember where I left off.

vaporeon7

Years
Gah, I wish that rl things wouldn't cause me to randomly poof from PC for long periods of time. :l Anyway, since school is pretty much wrapping up now, I should be around more often and getting back into the swing of challenges pretty soon.

Now I'm really glad I made that list of challenges and whatnot a month or so ago. Just so I can remember where I left off.

Good to see you're back!

This Swablu solo is very interesting. I'm really annoyed about its Hidden Power. I was hoping for fire, electric, ground, fighting or something and I ended up with flying... so there's no extra coverage there.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ohhhh that sucks. I had a similar problem with a Pokemon before. I can't remember which one it was though. All I know is that it was Flying with Flying HP. I wasn't too thrilled. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back