• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years
^Well, isn't that one way to look at the glass half full.
It's also probably a tumor.

And then I feel waaaaaaay better about my cold lol

941933_605090449502208_866952580_n.jpg

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
At least you're being positive. x;
I hope things go well for him, though.

I'm finally here. I just spent over 8 hours in a hospital, waiting for a relative who was having heart surgery. On the upside, it gave me the opportunity to draw and play Pokemon.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Good lord, I hope your relative ends up fine, Jess!

Since we're talking about ups and downs, it turns out I won't be asking my old flame to prom. My friend asked me yesterday for help in asking a girl to prom, and it turns out to be the same girl. Given I've already had my chance and messed up, I'm gonna help my friend out. He's a sweet guy, too, so I'll be happy. =D

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
She's fine, Dipu. Apparently two of the main arteries were clogged (one was around 95%) and needed stents. But it took forever before they actually did the surgery, so I had been waiting since 10 30 this morning. .__. I'm surprised that things went as well as they did, tbh. I talked to her beforehand and she wasn't even afraid.

I did at least get to see some relatives who were also waiting for her. I have a weird family and we never see each other, unless someone is being hospitalized and/or is dying haha. I guess that's okay, though, considering some of those relatives get on my nerves more than I can say.

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Spent 1 hour at the hospital myself. My grandma just got in today.
I have an aunt who can't stop talking. It is soooo annoying. She speaks for hours non-stop.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont really like it when people wont stop talking ever, you kinda can't have a conversation that way.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
That's weird, Nathan- the relative who had heart surgery is my grandmother. x:

It's helpful in conversing over the phone, if the other person talks a lot, though. Otherwise I find it to be pretty awkward. ...Then again, phone conversations are almost always awkward, in my opinion.

But if it's a normal conversation, then it's annoying, yeah. Just shut up. I:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
That's really weird Jess. Like in really weird. Mine's doing better now.
She gets up at 6 and won't stop talking 'til midnight. Even her brother, my dad, complains about it. Annoying.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Luckily, I don't know anybody that talks too much, which is a good thing, because I think I would slap someone like that just so I could get a word in edgewise.

I agree with you Slender, I always found talking to people over the phone to be very awkward. I normally would just let whoever I'm talking to lead the conversation and just hope they get bored and end the call quickly. ._.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
It would be beyond weird if they were both there for the same reason, though. x:

Haha yeah, I don't like talking to people over the phone. It works with one friend, though, because he's very talkative. I pretty much just listen to him tell me about his Pokemon team along with other various things. It isn't awkward, but still gets annoying.

Getting off here now for a while. I'll be back later tonight, I assume.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Talking over the phone is just........not my thing. I'd prefer to text or use Skype or whatever, but I try to keep all verbal phone conversations to a minimum.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I never talk on the phone. If I do, the people I talk to ends up getting bored and quits.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Meh, I don't really ever talk to anybody over the phone, unless I have to.
I prefer face to face conversation.

Whelp, I almost fell down a flight of stairs six times in the last three days.
And freaked out a TSA agent. (It wasn't my intention, I swear.)
And jacked my shoulder and ankle up in a skateboarding fail.

But, today's been pretty good!
Finally got around to writing/playing some music.
Yes sir, the ups and downs! Mostly downs, but I blame the stairs.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Oops. I never left. x:

I don't really text people, either. Even when I remember to charge my phone. It's helpful that one of my friends does, because we never see each other in person. It took me forever to figure out a way to ask his number in a way that made it obvious that I only was looking for a different way to contact him, aside from facebook. I: Didn't want him to make assumptions haha.

Edit:
Just seen Roc's post.
Six times? Haha.

I freaked out a young child a couple of days ago. {:
I was sitting on the ground near a large cement thing while drawing. I heard footsteps and stood partially up to see around the cement thing. All I seen was a child standing there looking astonished (huge eyes, jaw dropped). Apparently either I really scared her- or something behind us was terrifying. (It would have been difficult for her to see me from where I was sitting, until I turned around to see who was there.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back