Seventh Generation Alola, trainers! Come discuss the latest generation in the Pokémon series with us! This includes Sun & Moon as well as Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon.

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old January 21st, 2019 (8:35 AM).
Porygon Programmer

Nature: Quiet
As the title implies, last night was not too great for me as a shiny hunter. I started a hunt for a shiny Latias in Ultra Moon around a year ago and I hunted for it off and on up until last night when I FINALLY managed to find it. I was on a call with a couple friends as well, so they were freaking out right along with me when the Latias showed up. I was also doing this for the Winter Shiny Hunting Competition, or WSHC, so I was recording the entire battle/catch attempt so I could submit it for points.

Long story short, the me of a year ago didn't think to prepare for the fight beyond having a false swipe user, so I could paralyze it or put it to sleep to prevent it from running out of PP on its moves. Needless to say, it finally struggled itself to death before I could actually catch it.

Now the interesting part is that I also hunted for a shiny Latios in Alpha Sapphire about two years ago, and I accidentally ran from it when I found it the first time. Losing the second half of the Eon duo on my first attempt was basically just a big "screw you" from RNGsus.

Well, I'm going to continue mourning the loss of my shiny Latias. In the meantime, enjoy this video of the entire thing happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Deh6Uktiw&feature=youtu.be

GTXVI Egg Swap Winner

3DS FC: 4743-0212-8273
Switch FC: 1125-1684-1427
  #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old January 22nd, 2019 (3:21 AM). Edited January 22nd, 2019 by Percy.

oh my god, i remember my last shiny hunt. that drifloon in platinum. i just got my shiny chimchar after 280 soft resets and i was testing out my luck. it was nighttime and i was blinking myself to sleep and i was about to hit the sack. it shone then and there. my genius brain decided that I should soft reset again. and it was gone gone gone.... after 10k soft resets. i vowed that i would never ever shiny hunt again ;-;

there was one wild shiny i encountered in sun though. a pikipek while i was grinding my pichu. still won't try shiny hunt anytime soon ;-;
hope you get your latias soon
  #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old January 28th, 2019 (4:01 PM).

Nature: Modest
    I am in a Soft Resetting progress for a shiny Latias for Ultra Moon. It has been going for almost a week and have been doing this from 2 hours minimum through 5 hours maximum (nights), and have not encountered the golden Latias. This is going to the be longest shiny hunt since Mewtwo! I have gone 1 to 2 days or even half an hour to encounter a shiny, but this Latias is insane with its RNG. I do not know how many days or hours people have counted to encounter the shiny Latias but I am exhausted in seeing the normal latias. If anyone wants to know. I am past +1K SRs.
      #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old January 28th, 2019 (9:46 PM).
    Porygon Programmer

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shaddoll_Jinzo.18 View Post
    I am in a Soft Resetting progress for a shiny Latias for Ultra Moon. It has been going for almost a week and have been doing this from 2 hours minimum through 5 hours maximum (nights), and have not encountered the golden Latias. This is going to the be longest shiny hunt since Mewtwo! I have gone 1 to 2 days or even half an hour to encounter a shiny, but this Latias is insane with its RNG. I do not know how many days or hours people have counted to encounter the shiny Latias but I am exhausted in seeing the normal latias. If anyone wants to know. I am past +1K SRs.
    I totally feel your pain. My encounters as of now are up to 5882, including the encounters leading up to my fail. Just waiting for that second golden Latias to appear...

GTXVI Egg Swap Winner

#5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old January 30th, 2019 (3:25 AM).

Latias finally shined, yesterday night! I was watching random YT videos, as usual, to stay awake. Fifteen minutes later I saw Latias with green eyes and golden scheme. I knew the wait was over. Caught it 5 minutes later with Moon Ball! 4 Days of shiny hunting. caught on 1/29/2019. Glad that is over. Now to EV train.
        #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old January 30th, 2019 (3:40 PM).
      Porygon Programmer

Quote:
      Latias finally shined, yesterday night! I was watching random YT videos, as usual, to stay awake. Fifteen minutes later I saw Latias with green eyes and golden scheme. I knew the wait was over. Caught it 5 minutes later with Moon Ball! 4 Days of shiny hunting. caught on 1/29/2019. Glad that is over. Now to EV train.
      oh damn, that's awesome :D Pretty amazing it only took you 5 days when mine took a year of hunting off and on. And of course what's even more amazing is the fact that you managed to catch it with a moon ball and didn't fail it. I guess it's time for me to get going on my hunt again

GTXVI Egg Swap Winner

#7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old January 31st, 2019 (1:07 AM).

ooh congratulations!! what nature though?
        #8   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old January 31st, 2019 (8:30 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Syntthetix View Post
        oh damn, that's awesome :D Pretty amazing it only took you 5 days when mine took a year of hunting off and on. And of course what's even more amazing is the fact that you managed to catch it with a moon ball and didn't fail it. I guess it's time for me to get going on my hunt again
        *Picks up a Wind Chime and plays it peacufully* Have a share of my shiny luck! I wish you the best on your shiny adventure, even if it is from the interwebs. : 3
          #9   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old January 31st, 2019 (8:32 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Percy View Post
          ooh congratulations!! what nature though?
          Timid nature. I had Gardevoir with Timid nature and Synchro, worked! I had a Modest nature in mind first, but decided with Timid. ^___^
            #10   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old January 31st, 2019 (9:31 PM).
          Porygon Programmer

Quote:
          *Picks up a Wind Chime and plays it peacufully* Have a share of my shiny luck! I wish you the best on your shiny adventure, even if it is from the interwebs. : 3
          lol thanks a lot :) Hopefully I'll manage to reclaim Latias pretty soon. I am at 6000 encounters now after all.

GTXVI Egg Swap Winner

#11   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:40 PM).
          hannah

Nature: Impish
            man, thats terrible. i spent a really long time hunting for a shiny flabebe who i accidentally killed and even that was sad. moment of silence for your fallen legendary shiny :(

Quick Reply