• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
"Woohoo! Second or third place!" Haru was extatic that the Lilligant named Blossum didn't throw up his very first batch of poffins ever. He picked up a Oran Berry and put it in his bag. "Thanks Mr. Smith!" With that, he ran out of class and made his way in the direction that he thought the swamp would be in: the south. He returned Void to his pokeball and ran even faster. He eventually reached the boggy area and took a wiff. "By Arceus, what the hell is that?" He quickly covered his nose. He entered it, hoping to find what he was looking for. He was about three hundred feet in when a Nidoran female burst out of the woods. 'Nido!' It challenged Haru. "Ha! Bring it on squirt!" He tossed out Geronimo. It was time to test his metal.

Years
Kayla and Holly

Holly ran, looking around for Lumina and sighed in relief when she found her with Kayla. Kayla looked down at the Litwick, who was trying to play with the Deerling. "Hi, Holly! Is class over?" Holly walked over and picked up Lumina. "Yeah..." Kayla looked down at the Deerling, who was hiding behind her. "Oh yeah... I caught a Pichu!" She pointed at Primrose, who was taking a nap on her shoulder. "I was wondering something... Can you take care of this Deerling?" Holly looked down at the Deerling. "Hi." She bent down and pet her on her head. "I guess." She pulled out an empty pokeball and tapped the deer on her head.

Kayla smiled and looked around. "Where's Haru?" Holly looked up at Kayla and gasped. We were supposed to go to the swamp after class!" Kayla giggled and started walking towards the swamp. "I leave for a little bit and you two are already planning dates without me!" Holly walked behind her and blushed. "I-It's not like that..." Kayla laughed and returned all of her pokemon in their pokeballs except for Primrose. "Whatever. Just let me know when you two are ready to kiss. I'll bring you a stepladder." Holly sighed and walked in front of Kayla. Eventually, the two of them arrived at the swamp. Kayla covered her nose and frowned. "Not exactly where I would go on my first date but..." Holly covered her nose and frowned too. "I already told you-" She stopped as she bumped into Haru. "Sorry..."

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth left the dorms and was headed in the general direction of the forest when he was stopped by a trainer from Suicune dorm. hope this guy's better than Wyatt...
"Hey, wait up!" the trainer called to Seth, who stopped walking.
"Hi, I'm teal! Are you heading over to the forest?"
"exactly why should I tell you this?..."
Teal laid out his story about the wild Mankey. Seth listened with growing fascination.
"So I want to go in there with you so I don't get jumped again." Teal told him.
"Alright, just try to keep up..."
"Okay!"
With this, the duo entered the forest.
(OOC:Khawill allowed me to control his pc!)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Battlefield #6]

Tristen saw that Drew's Umbreon was powerful with rage, heading directly towards her Croagunk and Skarmory. Instinctively, her pokemon had already gravitated towards each other in the last few moves, and both of them seemed wide open to receive Embee's Payback attack.

This is it...We've got to finish off that Umbreon. She knew that if she didn't do something quick, both of them would be in the range of fire. If anything, Skarmory would be the only one to potentially survive the move with his hard steel armor... Suddenly, she called out to her party, "Gabriel! Get behind Skarmory!"

Understanding, the small purple frog jumped behind its companion. Moments later, the steel bird was hit with the full force of the enemy pokemon. As soon as the hit landed, Tristen barked out another order. "Quick! Use Faint Attack! Skarmory, Swift!"

Jumping out from behind Skarmory, the Croagunk prepared to land his next move on the now close-range Umbreon. Meanwhile, the steel bird staggered back and got ready to follow up Gabriel's move with Swift.

Tristen's eyebrows squeezed together in concentration as she focused on the battle. This is going to be close.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
AaronPortrait.png
Lucario.gif

Sir Aaron Reiki II & Lucario

"Look Lucario, we're almost there... Such a beautiful view."

A wonderful view, Master.

*sigh* "I told you not to call me that... You're my best friend, Lucario. Why can't you accept that we're equals?"

But, Mast--

"Please, Lucario." *smile* "You know it'd make me happy."

The Iron Island Speedboat arrived at the shores, and the man pressed the horn a few times to get Aaron's attention.

"Oh, yes, thank you very much," Aaron bowed toward the man, who sort of just shrugged it off. Standing back upright, he reached down to gather his small assortment of belongings. A Messenger bag filled with clothes, which he pulled over his shoulder, The Staff of the Aura Guardian, which he strapped to his back, as well as his personal Journal, which has a secure lock to prevent others from opening it without the key. "Come Lucario, we've got a big day ahead of us."

The Lucario shifted his weight back until he was standing, and moved over toward Aaron. Yes, Mas-- Err, Sir Aaron.

Aaron paused slightly. "Close enough... For now anyways." He continued along the path, Lucario following close behind, though Aaron stopped abruptly. A girl sat crying on a bench, a boy beside her. Now that is just not right... Aaron made his way over, dressed in his Aura Guardian clothes, while also carrying his bag, staff, and journal. He put his things down for the moment as he approached them. "Is something the matter?" His voice shown only sincerity and slight worry, his tone rather calming and soft.

Years

Atlus Midgard

He looked at the teacher as she clapped, and listened in what would be stunned silence. Get in the water to simulate the feel of rain? He sort of wished he brought swim trunks instead of what he was wearing, but it wasn't like anyone else was 'prepared' either. However the chance to leave class early was too good to pass up, so like the rest of the class, he jumped in(after takeing off socks and shoes). He felt wieghed down by the dorm jacket some as he exited the water, but otherwise he was hyped to go. Atlus has never been in a serious fight in his life, unless you count all the wreastling matches with his older brother. Up against a guy, he would not hold back whatever he had. Up against a girl though, he didn't know what to do........

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Malcolm West

"Okay everyone, time's up!" Malcolm called out, signalling an end to the exercise. Walking over to the slide machine he turned it on, revealing a complex slide detailing each pokemon types weakness', and the weakness of each possible dual-type combination. "Take a look at the slide and see how your efforts match up. Correct your mistakes and try to remember these weaknesses. Taking a note of them for all your pokemon may be a good idea, and remember, pokemon types can change with evolution!"

"When you've finished with that, you're welcome to leave class early under one condition. In a battle today, either with a trainer or wild pokemon, I want you to deliberately select a pokemon of your own that will have the type disadvantage. Observe how this may throw your opponent off balance, cause them to behave differently than they might otherwise. Consider more complicated strategies than the usual 'super effective' bull rush approach, to see if there is a way for you to win even with the disadvantage. This could be a valuable experience for you, and help you grow as a trainer."

Lincoln West

Oh. So pokemon were easier to catch if they wanted to be caught by you. Who would have guessed. Was this guy serious? General Expertise? This was, like... general... stuff that you knew anyway... pertise...

Linc glanced down at the note slid onto his desk, then over to the odd red haired kid who had put it there. He just rolled his eyes, which could be interpreted a number of ways. He was never going to get his next pokemon by sitting here in class.

Nika Valentine

Mark Wilson. That was the boy in class who had invited her to study with them... if she beat him, would that destroy any chances of a possible friendship? If she lost would he consider her too weak to bother with? This was going to be uncomfortable...

Stepping out from the crowd Nika adjusted her flat cap, pulling it tighter on her head. Whatever the outcome she wasn't going to change the type of trainer she was, and that meant giving everything careful thought. She knew that Mark had a Ninjask and a Shedinja... the Shedinja would either be very easy or impossible to defeat, depending on her pokemon selection... and Ninjask were notoriously fast. Her Joltik, Spider, would be able to keep up (maybe even outstrip) a Ninjask at the beginning of a battle, but would be left in the dust very quickly. She only had one pokemon that would potentially be fast enough. She was just going to have to take a gamble that Mark wouldn't pick his Shedinja.

Finding an empty space she and Mark could battle in Nika reached into her satchel and pulled out a mottled green and black Dusk Bull.

"This is my pokemon."​

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark was going to be battling Nika, the girl that he invited to study along with her earlier. Well on the bright side it was somebody new. Mark didn't want to resort to Shedinja, the battle would be unfair if he used it, considering he would be going against another Pokemon. So Mark decided to use Able. She could use a bit of training anyways. Mark followed Nika to an empty spot on the battlefield.

"Well heres to a good battle Nika. Let's show them what we got Able!" Mark said. Able had been looking forward to getting into a battle in this class. Time to see how she fared against other bugs. Now... what Pokemon was she going to use...

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

As the others went at it the teacher came up to Lucia and informed her that she would be battling her. Lucia glanced over at Roberto who stayed still during the conversation, not really showing any facial expressions to how he felt about the battle. He was so stubborn sometimes! At least let her know if he wanted to or not. Well, she was the trainer after all! "Very well Ms Sandoval. I will partake in a battle with your Leavanny. Roberto is still rather young, but it will be an excellent test of his abilities." She replied.

Roberto just grunted in response. Despite his want to battle the Sableye, he would have to wait. This battle would be intense. He was not yet fully mature compared to the other members of the Red Legion he knew, but still, perhaps this battle would be another stepping stone in becoming more powerful. This Leavanny would be no push over. Any pokemon owned by a teacher would be very powerful. Still, it was his duty as Lucia's pokemon to obey her orders.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru jumped when Holly ran into her. "Sorry..."

He had forgotten about her when class ended! "No. I'm sorry for leaving." He looked towards Geronimo, who looked as if he could fight anything anyone had to throw at him. "Geronimo, use Slash!" It dashed in and cut the Nidoran across the back. It seemed to be weak already, so he threw a pokeball at it. It whirred back and forth a couple times, then clicked shut. Haru walked over to it and put it in his pocket. "Good job buddy." He returned the Scyther and put that one in his pocket. "Anyways, I got what I came for. What would you like to do Holly? Oh...hi Kayla." He didn't see her spazzy cousin right next to her. Their personalities were so different...Kayla is a spazz, and Holly is really calm. "I'm free for the rest of the day."

Khawill

<3
Years
Kim and Kira
Kira laughed, the guy was stumbling through his words like a madman. "Thats right! Me and Canta have the best moves around!" She laughed again and did a spin, "Also there's no reason to be so nervous around me! I'm about as nice as they come." Then she got up in his face and grinned evilly "Unless you think you know someone nicer." She really was enjoying giving Rafael a hard time, but she pulled back and stood up straight with her arms on her hips, "How long have you been at this school? Where can I find the best water pokemon?"

Years
Holly and Kayla

Holly looked up at Haru and smiled. Kayla looked at Holly, and then at Haru. "Now I feel like a third wheel." Holly looked up at her. "What do you mean?" Molly looked at her and rolled her eyes. Kayla laughed and pushed Holly and Haru together. "You know... I make a really good Cupid! I might need to get that stepladder sooner." Holly looked at her and frowned. "You know, I really hate when you make short jokes." Kayla looked at her surprised. She didn't mean to offend her. "Well, I'm sorry. You need to stop being so sensitive." Holly frowned again and started to walk away. Kayla sighed. "I didn't mean it like that. You just need to learn when someone's joking. Now..." Kayla paused and started walking again. Primrose jumped off of Kayla's shoulder and onto Haru's head. Kayla giggled and looked at Haru. "I'm sure we'll find something to do." Holly sighed and started following her.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru laughed as the Purrloin jumped on to his head. "Alright." He felt awkward now that the cousins had argued. He ran up beside Kayla. "What do you mean you've been playing 'Cupid'?" He laughed nervously. Before she could answer, he walked up beside Holly. "Sooo..." He didn't know what to do. He was positive Kayla wanted to get him and Holly together more than he wanted to be with Holly. "Wanna go grab a bite to eat at a buffet I went to with Void last night? They don't have any tacos though. Void made sure that they didn't...they have plenty of...everything else though. I'll pay if you eat." Haru didn't know if he was coming on too strong...Oh well. So be it if he was. "What do you say?" He was grinning from ear to ear.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent & Alice Crenshaw
Classroom

It was time for judgement. The judge? None other than the teacher's Pokémon, a Lilligant, whose name was Blossom. Blossom tasted the Poffins that the students made on their work station. Jimmy leaned against the table, indifferent, while Alice actually crossed her fingers and closed her eyes. Then, the teacher announced the winner of the little contest.

"Congratulations Miss. Crenshaw, you've won the Enigma Berry" he said.

Alice's eyes opened and a huge smile formed on her face. She took the Riddler Enigma Berry with utmost care. "Th-Thank you!" she exclaimed, with sprkly eyes. Jimmy sighed as he took the Rawst Berry and put it away in his bag. Alice did the same with the Enigma Berry, only that she put it in a small pouch she had for storing Berries.

Now both students were allowed to leave the room. With a shrug, Jimmy walked towards the door, followed by Alice, who was still elated about winning the rare Berry. Jimmy glanced at her and rolled his eyes as both of them left and went on to roam the hallways. Their next destination? The cafeteria, maybe.

Charlie Fitzpatrick
Academy Building - Counselor's Office

After walking through hallways, Charlie reached a door holding a key in his hands. He smirked as he saw the words on the door:

"CHARLES FITZPATRICK
COUNSELOR"

He inserted the key in the keyhole and turned it to unlock the door. Then he pushed it open and took a look inside. It was a fairly decent one. It had a computer on a very nice desk that looked made out of dark wood, most likely ebony, and behind it were bookshelves that had only a few books. It was up to Charlie to fill that up, but he wasn't planning on doing that for the time being.

"Not too shabby." he said.

He sat on his chair, a black chair reminiscent of those used by evil villains. He smirked and considered taking out a cigar, but it was not the time nor the place for that. It was as if someone's coughProf. Oakcough words were inside his head. Then again, it wasn't like he was trying to ride a bicycle inside of the Pokémon Center, but the principle was the same.

There, sitting down on his chair, he waited patiently for some student to arrive. When would one arrive? Obviously, only time could tell.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
I didn't know what to say to her when I heard her laugh at me. My whole face was a light pink color and I pulled off a smile and looked at her my blush clearly visible. She then asked me how long I was here for, If I knew where to get any cool water type pokemon and for some weird reason if I knew anybody nicer than her.

" Y-You're one of the nicest people I've seen so far. I-I think the beach is a good place to catch water type pokemon. I-I-I think I've been here for already a few days." I said barely able to speak but I did and only stumbled on the first words again. My whole face was still pink with blush and embarrassment and I looked at her. My hand was in my pocket and my Pikachu and Riolu were starting at me like I was somehow different. They looked at each other and nodded.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn Smith and Sage Smith
Classroom ----> Academy Grounds

Rosalyn smiled to herself as she looked to the slides and then to her paper. Not a single one wrong, she grinned in triumph. She then heard Mr. West say they could leave if they promised to use a Pokemon that had a disadvantage in a battle today. That she could do. Gathering her stuff she nodded to Mr. West and left the classroom walking into the halls. A few minutes later she bumped into someone and stopped "S-Sorry s-si.." she started looking up to see her brother who was leaving his classroom.

"Hey there Rosebud, you caused a fuss at home, what are you doing here?" Sage asked smirking as he crossed his arms.

Rosalyn frowned her eyes full of anger. "what do you care Sage! and don't call me that!" she snapped annoyed. Only a few people could annoy her to the point of anger, all of them were her brothers.

"I do care Rosebud" Sage said ignoring her. "Mom was a mess after you left. So were the others"

Rosalyn scoffed shaking her head. "Yeah right. I've taken care of myself just fine this past year. I've got five Pokemon, Father was wrong. I can be a Pokemon Trainer, and I can take care of myself." she snapped again shaking in anger. "Go ahead and tell them I'm here, I'm not going home ever" she huffed and walked off.

Sage sighed and shook his head. He had forgotten how easy it was to get under his sisters skin, and he had no intention of telling their parents...yet. He smiled to himself going back into his classroom.

Rosalyn was practically fuming her eyes full of anger, body shaking as she walked not noticing were she was going. Sage had always made her the maddest of her siblings, and now he was here, she was though hoping he didn't contact their parents. She bumped into someone again not noticing it was her best friend Crush and snapped. "Watch it!" not even looking at him.

Years
Holly and [COLOR="Pink]Kayla[/COLOR]

(Primrose is a Pichu)

Kayla looked up at Haru and ignored him. Holly looked at him and shook her head. "No thank you..." Kayla looked at her confused. She knew all about Holly's eating habits and sighed. "Sorry, but Holly... doesn't feel like eating... again. Let's find something else to do..." Holly looked at Haru and smiled a little. "I'm sure we can think of something..." Primrose looked at Molly and smiled. "Hi! Molly floated up to Primrose. "Hello." Kayla yawned. "If we can't think of something to do, let's make something happen!" She looked at Holly and Haru. "Come on!"

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
(Woops. Sorry.)

Haru realized that everyone had a pokemon out, and he might as well join them. Of course it would be Void, as Torch was not very friendly to those who weren't in Haru's team, Twitch was a loner, Geronimo had anger issues, and the Nidoran is probably mad about being defeated right now. He threw Void's pokeball out. "Come on fuzzy buddy!" He began to run after the energetic girl with Void close behind. The Munchlax had impressive speed and stamina for a Munchlax. It was almost unnatural. "Hey, wait up!"

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth saw that they were getting nowhere by just trudging through the jungle. They needed to get somewhere high... He had here that there was a mountain, no way a volcano nearby! Clearly remembering Wyatt's Pokemon, Seth remembered that he still needed both a dark type and a fire type to neutralize Wyatt's team. Teal, forgotten for the moment, tapped his foot impatiently.

"So when do we start seeing all the Pokemon?" he asked in a slightly annoyed way.

"soon... We just have to get a bit farther..."

As they talked, the undergrowth began to thin, and the general incline became steeper.

"Umm, I don't know if you noticed, but we're kinda leaving the forest..."

"Exactly. There are better Pokemon up ahead."

Teal couldn't argue with this logic, so he kept silent. As the incline steepened, their pace slowed to a slugma's pace. As Seth walked ahead, he found what it was he was looking for. Small caves dotted the side of the mountain, smoke coming out of a few. As they reached the top, they heard growling behind them. A pack of houndour had gathered behind them.

Not again... was the only thought on Teal's mind as they approached. Only this time, he feared he would lose more than just consciousness.

"Keep cool, man. We're gonna get through this."

"How do you know that! For all you know, we could be mauled and left tho be pecked away at by the Spearows! DONT TELL ME TO KEEP COOL!!!"

"Calm, the only way we're gonna get through this is if we stay calm."

Teal took the closest resemblence of a few deep breaths as he could muster, then faced back to the Houndour.

"Okay. First we send out our Pokemon."

"Duh"

They both released Shadow and Vel, respectively. The Houndor were taken aback by the sudden intrusion, but kept advancing.

"Vel, Agility!"

"Use Hypnosis, Shadow"

After the Linoone had sped him up, Shadow proceeded to put more than half of the wild dog Pokemon to sleep. The remaining of the pack attempted to Bite the two Pokemon, bu the trained Pokemon were too fast.

"Alright Vel, time for Dig!"

"Shadow ball"

Vel dug for his life as another Houndour nearly bit his tail off. This Pokemon Hermes down the hole for a few seconds before it was struck by one of the dark orbs of energy Shadow was still firing. This time, one of the remaining Houndour changed tactics. Instead of trying to Bite the floating Shuppet, it launched a Flame Thrower at the Pokemon.

"That's the one!" Seth yelled with triumph. Noting the Pokemon Seth was talking about, Shadow promptly put it to sleep. A second later, the digging Vel sprung out of the ground, hurling chunks of earth at the various Pokemon that were still standing. After that bout, almost all of the group was incapacitated, and the remaining ones scurried away, back to their dens. Seth procured an ultra ball and tossed it at the Houndour he had mentally tagged earlier. With a few shakes, the trademark click was heard, constituting a successful catch.

"Well, that's enough action for me... I'm gonna turn in." Seth said as he watched the sun slowly begining to set

"What? Your going to go to sleep out in the open? What if those Houndour come back, or even worse, wake up?!?"

Seth procured a small bundle from his bag. "Tent. This things been soaked in Super Repel since I got it, and Pokemon have yet to bother me while I sleep in it."

"Won't that affect our Pokemon too? Vel has feelings y'know..."

"Just a slight smell, kinda reminds me of home."

Seth was right. Whatever brand of repel it had been, it did remind him of the nice smell of the Hospital, where he had spent most of his time growing up. He didn't know why, but Teal trusted this trainer, even though he had a strange way of doing things.

"What about sleeping bags?" Teal asked earnestly.

"Don't need em, got a portable a/c in here, just for this tent"

This guy prepares for everything... Teal thought as he watched the strange trainer set up the small tent

"Not everything, I just came ready to camp the night in the wild."

"Wait, did you just-"

"Not exactly, but I did get the gist of the thought."

I wonder what else he can do...

"That is a story for tommorow. Come in when you get cold."

Seth entered the tent, and Teal soon became aware of what he was talking about.
For a volcano, it sure gets cold at night...
Teal then crawled into the small three-man tent and soon fell asleep.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

Nika nodded respectfully to Mark as he took his position and pressed the release button on the Dusk Ball. Dark purple light - a startling difference from the usual bright red - issued out of the ball and gathered together, solidifying until it formed the shape of a Yanma, buzzing laps around Nika's head.

"Yanma. Position please."

With some reluctance the dragonfly pokemon flew forward, hovering over the battlefield. If Mark sent out his Ninjask, like she hoped, Yanma was her only pokemon capable of competing with its speed, thanks to Speed Boost. Even then Ninjask would have the edge, but at least she wouldn't be left completely in the dust.​

Back