• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers [Hack of the Month July 2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureKeeper

JAgold Sorry for Interuption but I downloaded Ruby Destiny: Rescue Rangers from the website and patched it into a non- MUG rom. looks like advance map is working well :P. And the game too.

BTW: I still have this copy of rescue rangers but can i ask a question.... HOW CAN I BEAT ANGEALLEN?

Is this team powerfull enough:

Chikorita 18
Torchic 20
Pikachu 17
Dratini 17 ( and he is usless with that twister)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2010
angallen is easy if u got strategy ;)
also i cant wait for it to come out! man those screenies are awesome ur my favorite hacker! keep up the good work!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
That's really cool! :D
GL with everything! ^_^

thankies. :)

JAgold Sorry for Interuption but I downloaded Ruby Destiny: Rescue Rangers from the website and patched it into a non- MUG rom. looks like advance map is working well :P. And the game too.

BTW: I still have this copy of rescue rangers but can i ask a question.... HOW CAN I BEAT ANGEALLEN?

Is this team powerfull enough:

Chikorita 18
Torchic 20
Pikachu 17
Dratini 17 ( and he is usless with that twister)

wait, what? Angeallen was easier to beat than Rayquaza, and Dratini's Twister is useful.

combine Flash+Sand Attack+Thunder Wave/Paralyze/Poison+Twister and you'll beat it. :\

angallen is easy if u got strategy ;)
also i cant wait for it to come out! man those screenies are awesome ur my favorite hacker! keep up the good work!

er, thanks, I guess... :\

~~~UPDATES~~~
wheeeeeee! I am sooo tired! -__-

Elow! A little update, but I am done with Shaymin's icon! :D
rescuerangers_01-67.png

eheheh... :P

that's all. I need to rest, though... :\
thankies and good day~
happy hacking~

NatureKeeper

Forget about it now? But isn't ALLEN that powerful? (1200) Total BAse Stat is High.

I wonder what luck came to me this time (No double teams) Whew..

Last edited:

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Since when were you using skyforme(I used it on June i think lol.)

Good luck, though the battle sprite of it looks odd. :\

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Aha thats a niceish sprite. Also yay for me! I helped him take in the idea of different endings. I feel good to have helped idea wise. Bol and i cant wait to see this finished.

Ryousha

Years
Aha thats a niceish sprite. Also yay for me! I helped him take in the idea of different endings. I feel good to have helped idea wise. Bol and i cant wait to see this finished.

feels like you got the idea of different endings from chrono trigger,cross :P

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Forget about it now? But isn't ALLEN that powerful? (1200) Total BAse Stat is High.

I wonder what luck came to me this time (No double teams) Whew..

I lowered Angeallen's stats in Rescue Rangers. ;)

Since when were you using skyforme(I used it on June i think lol.)

Good luck, though the battle sprite of it looks odd. :\

why are you asking me this anyways?
it's not like I am stealing anyone's ideas around here.

anyways, to answer your question, ever since the rumor about Shaymin's sky form spread like wildfire, I already was interested and was already planning on adding Shaymin in. :\

:P eheheh... yay for you indeed. :)
thanks~

feels like you got the idea of different endings from chrono trigger,cross :P

:P

Lookin' pretty darn swell there. I'm liking the new Pokemon too, Multiple endings sound awesome as well if you do that.

hey thanks, CBM...
And yes, I'll truly try my best in making multiple endings. :)

also... hm... I do think this is the first time you posted on any of my threads. :P
again, thanks~

~~~NEWS~~~
gotta go to sleep soon...

I am about to alpha test beta 5 now. ^^
just making sure there aren't any glitches or errors in the game, and so I can measure the levels of battles around Oceania Isle.

and after alpha testing, I may then proceed with scripting recruitment scripts. DO NOT expect it to be an amazing script to see... it'll be as simple as it could be... :\
hope you don't mind the simplicity...

also, if ever there will be free flags left, I can add some side events. ;)

~~~UPDATES~~~

I updated Kangaskhan's script.
She (yup! Kangaskhan's a she) will be explaining to you on how will the recruitment script works, and she'll give you your final Rescue Badge, proof that you can now recruit wild pokemon. :P

rescuerangers_01-68.png
rescuerangers_02-37.png

She will also be your key to get to Oceania Isle. ;)

~~~QUESTIONS~~~

I got a questions concerning on how will the recruitment script would work... :\
I have two options, which I would like you all to choose which is better...

On recruiting POKéMON...

1. Recycle the game's pokeball system and just make it as if the wild pokemon's thinking about joining. Just need to edit the pokeball's sprite... (I forgot who's idea was this)...

ADVANTAGE: Saves flags and offsets...
DISADVANTAGE: You need to buy the item for recruiting...

2. Script it so when the player steps on it, he/she will have a battle with the recruitable POKéMON and when the player beats him/her(will be an easy win), he/she will join you...

ADVANTAGE: Saves money from buying items fro recruiting...
DISADVANTAGES: Uses/Wastes a lot of flags and offsets... Requires testing the scripts. Limited POKéMON to be recruited...

thanks and enjoy your day~

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Αh i forgot the details for how it would work. You ould have a normal offer(pokeball, a great offer(great ball),an ultra deluxe offer(ultra ball), and an offer they cant refuse(master ball). And thats it. Sound good jagold?

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2020
get like a wise pokemon to teach you how to recruite (like old man in fire red) then he gives you 5 sign up sheets and then go back to him to buy more :)

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
First one eaisly because you can make it like food and if they are low enough HP(same pokeball conditions) the accept the food and join or something

Ryousha

Years
I nevar accuse anyone, bro.

Just that I think shaymin's going to get overused like how Giratina is now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back