• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokémon Essentials, version 17.2 - 15th October 2017

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
Hey everyone! I figured out a solution to Reflect/Light Screen problem.

Turns out you need to insert 'pbWildBattle(species,level,variable=nil,canescape=true,canlose=false)' to the code.

Like an example below:

Code:
   # Reflect
    if skill>=PBTrainerAI.highSkill
      if opponent.pbOwnSide.effects[PBEffects::Reflect]>0 && move.pbIsPhysical?(type)
        if !opponent.pbPartner.fainted?
          damage=(damage*0.66).round
        else
          damage=(damage*0.5).round
        end
      end
    else
      if pbWildBattle(species,level,variable=nil,canescape=true,canlose=false)
        if opponent.pbOwnSide.effects[PBEffects::Reflect]>0 && move.pbIsPhysical?(type)
          if !opponent.pbPartner.fainted?
            damage=(damage*0.66).round
          else
            damage=(damage*0.5).round
          end
        end
      end
    end

This is only for wild pokemon battles.

There even other errors like wild held berries and abilities that includes Solid Rock.

I'd like to add a tutorial, but this isn't much of a tutorial, is there?

Edit: I'm sorry for this incorrect script. It doesn't work on trainer battles below high AI. I'll try to test again, properly this time.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 7, 2018
how do i fix the error where i cant walk indoors?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 11, 2018
Hey, I'm trying to download V17.2 but when I click on the link all I'm getting is a "This is not the Wikia you are looking for" error

Edit: I didn't know that Pokemon Essentials was shut down. My bad

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 17, 2019
I can't download Pokémon Essentials:
It says "Not a valid community".
Why?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
The link to Pokemon Essentials was taken down along with the rest of the old wiki. It also cannot be linked here, so you'll have to find it elsewhere.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
@Exis21 There is only one version of RPG Maker XP, which can be found on the RPG Maker website or on Steam.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 28, 2019
Like I said before, this went a step backward.

This is from a while back now but: no, you're absolutely right. Not only is the Editor.exe gone but so are all associated uses and conveniences that come with it. The Trainer stuff in particular, and its submenus, is all gone completely outside of manually editting the .txt file which is a nightmare mess to deal with.

And no you weren't wrong; it's not rolled into the debug menu despite what that one guy posted. That out-of-context screenshot that explicitly did not contradict this doesn't prove anything either. You straight up need to pick it out of an older version now to get the convenience it provided.

Oh but finding older versions to get it is outright impossible because of the nuked Download page on the wiki and no mirrors for anything other than v17.2 either. So basically removing that one thing and not giving anything to compensate for it makes the entire thing infinitely less user-friendly. Great design, that.

And, no, I'm not downloading a wholly separate external program. The sheer fact that they even exist is pretty telling itself that this is a genuine issue, and expecting people to put up with that is extremely absurdly hostile.

Years

It's impressive how things can go out of hand.
If you are talking about creating Trainer types/Individuals the editor IS there.
Here is the proof (which I don't know how people missed it), if you don't feel like looking for it. I hope this clarify for anyone who may come across this post worrying about the editor.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 14, 2019
I have no idea why anyone would want to use the slow as hell menu for the debug editors anyways. Precisely editing the txt file is so much easier and gives so much more control

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Wondering, do you think Essentials will ever get a full 3D mode?

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
Wondering, do you think Essentials will ever get a full 3D mode?

No, because RMXP does not support (good) 3D Graphics. Any models will slow your game to point of breaking. Use Unity, or some other more powerful game engine. Unity supports gems so I'm wondering if Essentials can be used as a gem....

Other than that, you're basically stuck in 2D for Essentials.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 13, 2019
I know that the old wiki was shut down and that sharing download links is not allowed, but does anyone know if Maruno is still working on updating Pokémon Essentials?

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
I know that the old wiki was shut down and that sharing download links is not allowed, but does anyone know if Maruno is still working on updating Pokémon Essentials?

Yep; he is working on v18 but it will be a while before any official notice...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
I want to see the External editor return, like the PBS editor. However, the PBS editor is really limited. I never got the use the old editor, but there are some features I can't find in the PBS editor (Such as editing Status effects)

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Will it at least up the letter count for names, like have 12 letter max for your character instead of 7 letters.

Years
Will it at least up the letter count for names, like have 12 letter max for your character instead of 7 letters.

It's already possible.
Go into settings script, the very first script, and you should find this piece of code:

Code:
#===============================================================================
# * The amount of money the player starts the game with.
# * The maximum amount of money the player can have.
# * The maximum number of Game Corner coins the player can have.
# * The maximum length, in characters, that the player's name can be.
#===============================================================================
INITIALMONEY    = 3000
MAXMONEY        = 999999
MAXCOINS        = 99999
PLAYERNAMELIMIT = [COLOR="Red"]10[/COLOR]

Just change the red "10" to another number.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Hi guys this is a stupid question but where can i download Pokemon Essentials?

It seems unavailable everywhere

Pokemon Essentials and its original wiki were taken down sometime last year, so as a result It has been treated the same way as ROMs, in that you can't link to a download for it.

Google is your friend here, unfortunately.

Back