• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Simple Help / Quick Questions

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
Where can I get the RAW episode 38?

I mean Japanese spoken language, no subtitles at all (or at least have them be soft-subs, not hard-subs). I don't know what anime subbing group released it, but there is a hard-subbed version out there of episode 38, the seisure episode "Electric Soldier Porygon". Of course, for that group to have subbed it, they needed a RAW copy to start with. So I assume that there is somewhere floating around out there, a digitized TV recording of that episode that someone made in Japan, and at some point gave to this subbing group.

That means that SOMEWHERE out there, there is still a RAW copy of this episode. Does anybody here on these forums know where to get the RAW copy of this episode?

Someone else made the same request a while ago (a number of years ago) at:
pokecommunity (D-O-T) com/showthread.php?t=64396

But that request was never fulfilled, and that thread is now closed. Furthermore, a moderator replied to that thread and said that it should have been posted in the request section. Unfortunately I have failed to find that section, or I would have posted it there. So for now this request is going here.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
The only advice I can give is that Google is your friend. Since that episode is banned, you will have a hard time finding a raw version of it, let alone a legal version of it. Unfortunately it is against the rules to link to full episodes that are not provided on official websites, so I can't help you any further.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
I finally did find a copy of it in RAW original-broadcast (no subs, no dubs) form. And it is a very high quality 640x480 video. The file size is approximately 450MB. I found it when searching with Google, using the term "Pocket Monsters" (as well as including the word "raw" in my search) instead of using any of the search terms that I previously used ("Pokemon", "Electric Soldier Porygon", and "Denno Senshi Porygon"). It was never released outside of Japan, and it has never re-aired in Japan (and I don't believe that any US company currently holds distribution license for this episode). As such, Nintendo won't lose any money if I post a link to it, so I wouldn't consider that piracy. And I don't think it would be illegal to redistribute this episode. Unfortunately though, it is in a torrent that contains all 276 Japanese RAW original-broadcast form episodes of Pokemon. As such, I cannot legally post a link to this torrent on your site, but I will create a separate torrent, containing ONLY this one episode, and then post a link to that new torrent here (if that's ok with the admin of the forums).

Last edited:

Wobbu

Years
Copying and distributing that episode without permission is still piracy and unlawful, regardless of how it affects sales. I'm glad you found the episode but please don't share a link to your torrent here, the description in your post is more than enough of a resource for finding the episode.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
I've heard that it is legal to distribute unlicensed anime (as long as you make it a free download, and don't sell it), that the law is only violated if the anime you distribute is already licensed for distribution in your country (or you attempt to make money off of it, as you are not officially authorized to sell it). Because Pokemon episode 38 was never licensed for official distribution outside of Japan, I believe that it is completely legal for me to redistribute a copy of it for free, that I have found on the internet.

Also, the purpose of having anti-piracy laws is to prevent loss of revenue on the part of the company selling the movie/song/episode/game. I do not think Nintendo will ever again use this episode, due to the danger of it causing seizures, so they will not ever again be making any ad money from the episode (from TV ads during broadcast) nor from DVD sales (as it was never released on DVD). In fact, I would guess that Nintendo has already destroyed the master copy (original tape reel) of the episode, thus making it impossible for them to ever profit from it in the future. I'm not sure of the exact text of the anti-piracy law, but even if redistributing this episode violates the "letter of the law", it certainly does not violate the "spirit of the law" (the intent of the law), which is to prevent individuals from taking actions that unfairly hurt the money making ability of a TV/movie/music/game company (distributing, for free or for money, copies of intellectual property without permission in a country in which that intellectual property is already being officially sold/broadcast by the originating company or by a company who's been authorized to sell/broadcast it), and to prevent individuals from unfairly profiting off of someone else's intellectual property (selling/broadcasting copies of a show/movie/song/game that you don't own, in any country, without official authorization to do so).

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I've heard that it is legal to distribute unlicensed anime (as long as you make it a free download, and don't sell it), that the law is only violated if the anime you distribute is already licensed for distribution in your country (or you attempt to make money off of it, as you are not officially authorized to sell it). Because Pokemon episode 38 was never licensed for official distribution outside of Japan, I believe that it is completely legal for me to redistribute a copy of it for free, that I have found on the internet.

Also, the purpose of having anti-piracy laws is to prevent loss of revenue on the part of the company selling the movie/song/episode/game. I do not think Nintendo will ever again use this episode, due to the danger of it causing seizures, so they will not ever again be making any ad money from the episode (from TV ads during broadcast) nor from DVD sales (as it was never released on DVD). In fact, I would guess that Nintendo has already destroyed the master copy (original tape reel) of the episode, thus making it impossible for them to ever profit from it in the future. I'm not sure of the exact text of the anti-piracy law, but even if redistributing this episode violates the "letter of the law", it certainly does not violate the "spirit of the law" (the intent of the law), which is to prevent individuals from taking actions that unfairly hurt the money making ability of a TV/movie/music/game company (distributing, for free or for money, copies of intellectual property without permission in a country in which that intellectual property is already being officially sold/broadcast by the originating company or by a company who's been authorized to sell/broadcast it), and to prevent individuals from unfairly profiting off of someone else's intellectual property (selling/broadcasting copies of a show/movie/song/game that you don't own, in any country, without official authorization to do so).
Despite this logic, PokéCommunity is a fan-run site mainly staffed by young adults with little to no legal knowledge. We'd rather not take the risk of distributing of licensed content because we have no money and probably no ground to stand on. The no-distribution policy will be enforced for all things mentioned in the rules and that will not change without express permission from the owners of the content.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey guys! I am looking up some stuff to see if I can predict some things in the current pokemon saga, but I am in need of a little help.

What are all the episodes that Pokemon Hunter J appeared in? If you can, please give me the episode number as well. Thanks.

Wobbu

Years
Hey guys! I am looking up some stuff to see if I can predict some things in the current pokemon saga, but I am in need of a little help.

What are all the episodes that Pokemon Hunter J appeared in? If you can, please give me the episode number as well. Thanks.

I'm not 100% sure these are all of the episodes but:

DP020 - Mutiny in the Bounty!
DP045 - Ill-Will Hunting!
DP071 - Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! (Part 1)
DP072 - Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! (Part 2)
DP129 - Pillars of Friendship!
DP150 - Unlocking the Red Chain of Events!
DP151 - The Needs of the Three!

DP191 - Memories are Made of Bliss!
She didn't appear in reality in this episode, however.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Thanks. Those seem to be all of them. Their might be one missing, that I can remember. But that might be Ep45. I just didn't know the names or the number. Thanks again.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 22, 2014
pokemon origin question

have they or will they make an english dub

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yes there is an English Dub, but you have to watch it online or smartphone called Pokemon TV which is legal viewing, controlled by the official pokemon site.

However, I cannot seem to find it on Pokemon TV at the moment.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 22, 2014
Yes there is an English Dub, but you have to watch it online or smartphone called Pokemon TV which is legal viewing, controlled by the official pokemon site.

However, I cannot seem to find it on Pokemon TV at the moment.

thank you for that i really want to watch it and see what its like compared to the original anime

i found this but there is only 4 episodes do you know how many have been released

Last edited by a moderator:

Wobbu

Years
ok thanks do you know if they are making anymore episodes or is it just the fact that were waiting for the english dubs

As of now, all episodes of Origins have been dubbed. There isn't any word whether or not they will make more, but if they do, I imagine it would be about the second generation games.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 22, 2014
ok thanks i really hope they do it just feels fresh in comparison to xy anime

eevee-4-ever

Eevee Trainer
Years
Pokemon.com can't watch all episodes?

Hi all I have a question. I was on Pokemon.com and saw that you can watch all the episodes of Pokemon plus the movies but on each season they only have a limited amount you can watch. So my question is in order to watch every episode what is it that I have to do? Do I earn stamps to watch every episode? Or is there another way to unlock each episode?
Help a fellow trainer out please!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I will move this over to pokémon anime, because even though this is a question about the pokémon site, anime regulars might know this better!

Wobbu

Years
The episode lineup changes every week. I can't remember what day the episodes change, but when it does change it will advance to the next five episodes of each series iirc.

Rageon

Houndoom-Raised Ace Trainer!
Years
Which film is this?

Hey guys, perhaps you can help me. A while back I was watching a Pokemon film on a cassette and it had a strange ending. It showed a scene of all Pokemon flying away and Ash saying "pika chu! Where are you going?!" I am wondering do any of you know which film this is?

Back