• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Name Rater

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Hmm, I get your reasoning, but Minccino is so super cute that I find only cute, soft-sounding names seem to fit him. xD Anyway, 6.5/10!

Believe it or not, that's something I would name my Rayquaza too, haha. It totally reminds me of Greygnarl from Dragon Quest IX! ^^ 10/10

Greygnarl is soooo cool for a Rayquaza! And Barbarus could be used for a shiny! OMG~ Actually, that name would also suit Mega Charizard X, since they share some characteristics!

Speaking of DQIX, I used to have a Zigzagoon called Boppin, after the Boppin' Badger! Gotta be one of my favourite enemy designs in that game.

q3viwn4.png

Acnologia Rising

Koliax Rogue
Years
That works very well actually, also, Dragon Quest is a brilliant franchise so that's a plus. 9/10

I always name my Charizards (the ones I use for Mega Charizard X) Acnologia, after the Black Dragon from Fairy Tail (image below for reference). The colour schemes are extremely similar, the Black Body with the striking blue. And they are of course, both very fearsome dragons. I just feel like the name suits Mega Charizard X very well.
Acnologia.240.1287220.jpg
latest

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
8.5/10 I like it! And they do look similar.

I caught a Shiny Azumarill in Y not too long ago and decided to name her Karat, not only because her yellow color reminds me of gold, but it also sounds like carrot.

Apivo

smol bean
Years
8.5/10 I like it! And they do look similar.

I caught a Shiny Azumarill in Y not too long ago and decided to name her Karat, not only because her yellow color reminds me of gold, but it also sounds like carrot.

I like it! 8 / 10! ^v^

I don't really name my Pokemon, but I got a fletchling called lil' Fletch who was wonder trade fodder, and now he's my level 100 Talonflame <3 he's all grown up now. Also I was traded a Spinda called Hold My Beer. x'D

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
That's a cute name. 8/10.

I have a Male Roserade called Vega after the Spanish Masked Fighter with a Claw in the Street Fighter Games. (Who somewhat confusingly is called Balrog in Japan).

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Speaking of DQIX, I used to have a Zigzagoon called Boppin, after the Boppin' Badger! Gotta be one of my favourite enemy designs in that game.

q3viwn4.png

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I NEVER NOTICED THE RESEMBLANCE! xD

I don't really name my Pokemon, but I got a fletchling called lil' Fletch who was wonder trade fodder, and now he's my level 100 Talonflame <3 he's all grown up now.

Aww omg! :3 That's something I would call my Fletchling too! ^^ (Fletchy is one of my faves, haha.)

I have a Male Roserade called Vega after the Spanish Masked Fighter with a Claw in the Street Fighter Games. (Who somewhat confusingly is called Balrog in Japan).

That's actually really cool and fitting! It reminds me of a movie I've seen before, but I can't quite remember which one! Nevertheless, I'll rate it 9/10!

Back when my sister and I played Emerald a long time ago, we named our Bagon "Bagel," because we thought it sounded like a fun name. :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 1, 2016
Back when my sister and I played Emerald a long time ago, we named our Bagon "Bagel," because we thought it sounded like a fun name. :D
I'd give it a 10/10, mostly because I did the same thing when I played Sapphire for the first time xD

I gave my Shiny Hariyama on OR the name Tohru named after the character in The Jackie Chan Adventures cartoon :')

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
Years
  • Age 21
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 1, 2018
9/10 Never watched the cartoon, but it seems like a fitting name for a Hariyama.

I named my female Gabite (later Garchomp) Draciaea, pronounced drah-SHAY, in Platinum because I was in a creative mood or something.

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
That's what I named one of my Honedge! I really like the name, so 9/10

Since Vivillon is Pokemon #666, I named my female Vivillon Lucy.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
9/10 Very cute name for a Vivillon.

I named Froakie Boba! What do you think?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
I'll give that an 8/10! It's definitely a cool name, but at the same time, it also reminds me of this guy. xD

I've been wanting to name my Sandshrew "Ice Cream Cone," because it sorta looks like one to me! :P Thoughts?

BlackSteelDrake

The Almighty Poke Man
Years
8/10. Cute and made me laugh pretty hard. Loss of points cause I will never unsee it.

In my most recent game of Y I'm naming everyone and everything after brands and slogans of popular products.

As such, my Chespin(now Quilladin, soon to be Chesnaught) is named Kuku4CocoPuff as it was the closest I could do with naming limits. Plus it makes me giggle.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
It's definitely not something I'd name one of my Pokémon, but I guess it works... in some way. xD 6/10

What do you think of Zomb, my Parasect?

Back