• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Wob Version

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
v2Z5Sxq.png

Pokémon Wob Version is a little hack in which every Pokémon's face is sloppily slapped onto the body of a Wobbuffet or Wynaut. In addition to this, each Pokémon has been given the ability to use Counter and Mirror Coat at the expense of all but one of their previously learned moves (HMs are also usable). The list of Pokémon and their moves is in the spoiler tag below.
Spoiler:

RwbiEdG.png
When a Pokémon evolves, it immediately learns the signature move of its evolution (for example, an Ivynaut learns PoisonPowder at Lv. 16 as well as at Lv. 1). Pokémon that evolve via stone or friendship learn their signature move every ten levels. Trade evolutions have been removed from the game; the list of modified evolutions is below.
Spoiler:

CREDITS:
Gen III Hacking Suite - karatekid552
Hopeless Trainer Editor - esperance
Nameless Sprite Editor - link12552
Pokemon Text Editor - HopelessFrench (I'm bad at coding)

BUGS (I'm really bad at coding) :
- Using Confuse Ray may crash the game. As a result, no Pokémon learns Confuse Ray, but it can still occur via Metronome.
- The game may crash when a save file is loaded. This is a random occurrence and can be circumvented by just attempting to load the save again.
- And probably more!
NOTE: This game was play-tested on VBA, so this list of bugs might not pertain to your experience if you play on another emulator.

Based on FireRed v. 1.0.

Wob Version is more of a poorly executed conceptual joke than an actually playable hack, but if you decide you want to torture yourself and play it, randomization is recommended. The core hack is functional on its own, but randomization provides the opportunity for you to see all 386 sprites in action.

A trailer I threw together in Windows Movie Maker using stock assets:
Spoiler:

Attachments

• WOBv1.1.ips
    708.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
This is uh... interesting. The post feels like you forgot to include the download link. Or is there still stuff left to do?

Last edited:

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
Idk what to make of this.... xD

But I commend you for your insanity!

I like bugs & torturing myself.. downloaded it xD

Update:
Huh, interesting... never really thought about what a pain it'd be when all wild mon know both counter & mirror coat.
... I kinda like it. xD

Last edited:

ookamishadows

ookamishadows
Years
Man, this game is challenging.... Grinding in it is beautiful torture rofl.

I did come across one trainer in Viridian forest that may be bugged. (I deliberately tested it out 3 times). The second last trainer in the forest, I forgot his name, the one with his back turned away from you, freezes my screen and the colours go psychedelic.

So I skip him (If you watch my Let's Play, Episode 4, you will see I ignore him flat-out.) I hope you don't mind me mentioning my Let's Play but it is the best way to show you the areas I am talking about.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
I did come across one trainer in Viridian forest that may be bugged. (I deliberately tested it out 3 times). The second last trainer in the forest, I forgot his name, the one with his back turned away from you, freezes my screen and the colours go psychedelic.

Thanks for the notification. I'll check it out and see what I can do.

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
huh, I never ran into that glitch with the Bug Catcher NPC facing the trees in the forest... I think I spoke to him from the right side though and not directly from behind.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
H6rWMKJ.png

New creepypasta.​

Something was up with Wypod (or Metapod, if you prefer). The problem should be fixed now; let me know if it isn't. The new version is in the original post.

Years
  • Age 62
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Huge bug: I can't even get the game to work. After the screen with Pikachu and the "Press the A Button, and let your adventure begin!" the screen goes black and all music cuts out. And that's it. This looked really cool but I can't get it to work.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
Huge bug: I can't even get the game to work. After the screen with Pikachu and the "Press the A Button, and let your adventure begin!" the screen goes black and all music cuts out. And that's it. This looked really cool but I can't get it to work.

That's odd -- I just patched it onto a clean ROM and it worked just fine for me. Are you sure you're using FireRed 1.0? If you are, then I have no idea. Sorry.

lukant

Grass Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 4, 2024

what emulator are you using, and like the post above mine, was it a clean rom.

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021

I have no problem playing it at all in my boy (android).

Back