• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
o.O There's quite a few of us then o.o

I've got 4 on-going challenges: the monotype one, the location one, the eeveelutions one and the form one.

at least some progress was made @w@
and I love the fact that I got dragged out of my comfort zone through this challenges xD

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
...I am apparently very successful of staying as no-gender person =P

Working on the Valentines Challenge still btw, I just... have been kidnapped from the computer so often. I'm already beating up Blaine but I'm not on my own computer (or internet for that matter) so I can't do proper updates for that.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Ohwell, less girls, but the girls who are here are cool ones at least^^ I should do more monotype challenges instead of being lazy. Any fun suggestions? Maybe with extra rules?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I have like, 7 or 8 ongoing challenges... And I'm at the point where I'm buying more games so i can do more... And I have two more planned challenges to post...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ain't no tellin when I'll post another challenge. A non-event I mean haha. I guess whenever I think of one. Hum.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Happy Valentines Day! Time for us all to get super awkward and pretend we don't all have a crush on Sydian, the best mod ever! o 3o

lifeburst

ROAR OF TIME
Years
idk if anyone's posted this but some ones I've seen 'round(not here on this website)
-Scramble Challenge. Someone has to suggest the pokemon you use, movesets, conditions of use(like a Roselia that can only use non-direct moves like Toxic would be a fine suggestion), each "suggester" can only suggest up to two Pokemon per challenge
-Unevolved challenge.You cannot evolve your pokemon, pokemon that don't evolve are allowed, like ditto or something, and if you caught a Flaaffy or Marrill then you can keep it, just not evolve it.
=D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
We've had Scramble (I think it's still active?) and we've had NFEs and various forms of it (Christian Challenge, Middle Evolutions Challenge). I think we even have a thread that combines Scramble and Random, if I'm not mistaken.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Alright, I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'm doing so anyway :3. I'm making a Pokemon Crystal hack, and it would be cool if I could have some of the people here as trainers in it, so if anybody is interested, you can PM/VM me some of your favorites and I'll see if I can fit them in :). If it's a monotype team, you might be a gym trainer even ;D.

I don't know what you guys think but meh, I figured I could just ask, worst case scenario is nobody wanting to help x].

And I finally went on with my Flying mono on Black 2! Whoooo :D. After that hell of an Elesa, which was walled by Sigilyph ;3. Light Screen + Hypnosis was cool!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I was about to start yet another challenge I've been thinking of, but seeing how my Eeveelutions Challenge didn't appeal much, I'm quite reluctant about it ._. Guess people don't like the Eevee Family much or they simply don't like the D/P/Pt games x.x
Oh well, I'll think about it >.<

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The thing with challenges that are only for certain games is that it makes it more restrictive, so making it only for DPPt wasn't much of a good move. It deters me personally because I hate DP and I have an ongoing playthrough of Platinum that I don't want to restart. Now, Eeveelutions are available in all gens, through actually getting one, hacking it in, or trading it in, so there really wasn't a need to make it DPPt only. You might get more challengers if it wasn't all for DPPt. Cause there honestly, imo, wasn't a reason to make it just for that game.

Not only that, but using one family is also a bit restrictive. It's different with, say, Gender Discrimination. You're limited in the Pokemon you can choose, and they have to be your gender, but at least they're not all from the same line. Plus, I think that some people do regular playthroughs with just Eeveelutions. I did that long ago, lol.

But yeah, perhaps opening it up to all games would help. If you want me to remove the DPPt prefix, just let me know. Wow this post is longer than it should be. ~_~

11wildy

Me!
Years
But all the Eeveelutions are of a different type, thus I can't monotype it :(. Agreed on the restriction of only one family line, I like choosing from a bit more diverse ppol of available Pokemon.

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
I was about to join earlier to the Eeveelutions challenge, but then I cringed at the thought of Sinnoh. It's one of my least favorite places to go through in game.
( + I have a self-imposed challenge of using a pokemon team that my bf has chosen there... Bronzong why are you so slow? )

Using at least one of the Eeveelutions is rather normal in a playthrough, since in most games (excluding Hoenn, DP and BW) you can get it rather early. So you end up either boxing it or using it. I can't count the times I've now used Vaporeon, Jolteon and Leafeon. The number is just too big to bother. So it just grows to dull out the interest.

Not to mention when you go back to 4th gen games and look at the level up moves...
Vaporeon
- BW2 - Hydro Pump - level 45
- 4th gen - Hydro Pump - level 71

Espeon (I have some serious dislike to this one actually)
- BW2 - Psychic - level 37
- 4th gen - Psychic - level 64

Umbreon
- BW2 - Moonlight - level 33
- 4th gen - Moonlight - level 71

Completely other topic side note: I need a Conquest type image of Altaria. ;__; Otherwise I can't update my sig

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Then I guess I can open it up to all Gens? o.o I really don't mind at all, I just thought of it while doing my Sinnoh Location Challenge o.o Imma change the introduction and all and you can remove the D/P/Pt prefix then, Sydian o.o I don't mind at all and I really appreciate the feedback *o*

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I personally believe that eeveelutions are the only family that works for its own challenge. A lot of people adore that family and there was even a vgc tourney centered around them. Definitely needs to be all games though. I think it would be cool to do Kanto with all base eeveelutions, but i have no way to trade or hack in kanto

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Well, I changed the first post to suit all games. Just waiting for Sydian to remove the D/P/Pt tag from the title. It's true though that it might be harder for some people to trade/hack in Eevee though >.<
I'm using emulators so I can do that.
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back