• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
So thousand of people are hacking ruby, but no one known which flags are safe? So many hack will have script problems :P

Thanks anyway karatekid :)

ps. You will be present as a character in my hack :)

Well, people know, they just don't have a list:p. If you are erasing events, steal that event's flag. Look around at scripts and see if the are similar to FR's and judge what flags are safe and such from that.

You're welcome!

p.s. Awesome!

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
It is possible, but you would have to rewrite the entire evolution checking routine. You see, all evolutions are stored in a pool of data. There are 2 bytes per evolution, so 10 bytes per pokemon, and every 10 bytes is a new pokemons data. The game basically does this: "pokemon's number" * "10" + "offset of evolution table" = "Evolution bank for pokemon X".

Sorry, but this is just wrong. Each Pokémon has 5 evolutions, yes, but the data length for a single evolution is 8 bytes, not 2.

So each species has 40 bytes, as opposed to the 10 that you proclaim.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
So I have heard that removing script data from a ROM directly with a Hex Editor will corrupt the game. I have seen instances of this in the Generation III games, and I was wondering if something like this could be reversed, or if merely deleting the script data was incomplete, thereby corrupting data by a null pointer.

Thanks,
~Tosaka

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Where IS the offset of the evolution table? For FR that is

EDIT: Cool! Tosaka and I replied at the same time! High five

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Ok. I have Another Question. Really Two questions. <Important but I do not found any cleary answer>

1. How can I add Pokedex Entries for 25 Empty Slots?
2. How can i add cries for 25 empty slots?

I really need it to continue my Pokemon Ruby Extension.

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
Ok. I have Another Question. Really Two questions. <Important but I do not found any cleary answer>

Theres been so many tuts on this its not even funny.
Q1: Tutorial
and if u can't read that: a different one
Q2: A different tut

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Q1 - I do not ask about CHANGING EXISTING pokedex Entries. But I ask about add new Pokedex Entry to one of Empty Places <Which normaly do not have Pokedex Entry>

Q2 - That same task. I do not want change existing Cry. But I want add new cry to empty placeholders....

It is to hard to understand.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018

1) I'm sorry to tell you that extending the Pokédex on Ruby and Sapphire (and possibly Emerald) is very impractical. Unlike FireRed, which handles everything through a Malloc (Memory Allocation), RS both use manual pointers to point to data necessary for operation of the Pokédex, which directly follows the Pokédex data itself!

What this means, in laymen's terms, is that you would have to change some 40-50 pointers (including some ASM) to make it work. I know, I tried.

2) This requires some very basic hex editing and a table repoint/extension. I don't know the location, but unless the code is drastically different from FR, which I doubt, then it's as easy as what I said.

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
Is there any way to change which area something is grouped in? I know how to change warps/names but I mean having a building originally in Pallet Town listed as part Viridian City group for example.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Is there any way to change which area something is grouped in? I know how to change warps/names but I mean having a building originally in Pallet Town listed as part Viridian City group for example.

Well you can create a new map under Viridian City using the preferences of Pallet Town so that it will look like it. So just press Ctrl+H and copy everything to your new map and it should be good.

Although there's an easier way, if you're not gonna use Pallet Town anymore just name it Viridian City and have the warp from the original one to there.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018

If you're using A-Map, see the drop down box in the header page? It's beside the rename box?

Click that and select your new map name. It's that easy. Sadly, that functionality isn't exactly obvious, it took me several weeks when I was learning A-Map to figure that out.

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
Well you can create a new map under Viridian City using the preferences of Pallet Town so that it will look like it. So just press Ctrl+H and copy everything to your new map and it should be good.

Although there's an easier way, if you're not gonna use Pallet Town anymore just name it Viridian City and have the warp from the original one to there.

Thanks, I mean more of a regroup a building/area I have changed the warp to into a group with its new warp area amap, if that makes sense just to make it easier to modify.

Also how does one edit wild pokemon on a route? And add 4th/5th gen into Fire Red?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Sorry, but this is just wrong. Each Pokémon has 5 evolutions, yes, but the data length for a single evolution is 8 bytes, not 2.

So each species has 40 bytes, as opposed to the 10 that you proclaim.

Well, I just going off memory, so I was wrong:p shoot me:D

Thanks, I mean more of a regroup a building/area I have changed the warp to into a group with its new warp area amap, if that makes sense just to make it easier to modify.

Also how does one edit wild pokemon on a route? And add 4th/5th gen into Fire Red?

You go to the wild Pokemon tab in A-map on the route.

Ummm... like... expanding them? You would have to repoint a lot of data and change a lot of things in order to add new ones. Jambo51 is in the process of making a hack base with all 649 pokemon, which will be great when it is done. You can also replace existing pokemon, which is much easier.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Guys! Newbie question here!

How does new hacks implement animated tree tiles and everything?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
They create they're own animation.
And insert the animation as a normal animation with Lu-Ho's animeditor.
Google it.
Is that what you did in your hack too?

Hey in your hack's screenshots, the grass is also animated am I right? When the player steps on it, does it play a different animation, stop moving, or just go on with the animation?

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2017
I'm brand new to scripting, and sorry if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find it. I'm having a problem when I try to make a new script in XSE 1.1.1. Editing old scripts works fine, but when I try to create a new one, no matter what I do, if I open the script after it is compiled I get this:

'---------------
#org 0xC3500
subvar 0xDDC2 0xFFAB
fadedefault
jumpram
gotostd 0x9

I've tried changing the offset and working with that exact offset, but I can't figure out how to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back