• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Google Glass

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

A few monts ago, google released Google Glass to devleopers and by next year, Glass will be avaliable to the public.

Google glass is a headset with a built in android computer that allows you to search the internet, read news and many other serivces with just using your voice and a small trackpad located on the device. I can also sync with any android phone and make calls and texts.

What are your thoughts on this product from google? Do you think that a smartphone does the job fine enough for you?

Personally, I would only use it occasionally when I want to impress my friends, but I think it will break very easily and would be able to get lost quite easily too. I'm go to wait out until they develop a contact lenses with the same technology as i think the glasses do look very strange.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
They look weird, the idea of having facial recognition technology freaks me out...it's bad enough governments have it, let alone everyone who can afford google's anti-privacy glasses. And I just know most people using it will have to either stand still or end up walking into people - unless you're one of those people who could potentially fly an Apache helicopter gunship - they have to be able to look at a screen whilst also looking where they're flying/shooting.
Personally I just really don't see myself going for that sort of thing.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I am a huge fan of Google Glass. These glasses could provide us with directions when needed, they act as personal fitness trainers, they inspire random conversations, they let us record what we see, and more. Is there a reason for us not to like them? xD Google Glass is one of the most revolutionary products we've seen in a long time, in my opinion. The price tag is around $1,500 right now, so I cannot afford it. I will definitely buy one when the consumer version is released, though (which will be a lot cheaper).

Last edited:

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I can only think positively about Google Glass. Just the thought that you could do so many intricate things by just using your voice and the touch of your finger amazes me. These definitely show how much the human race has progressed within the past millennia.

The only downside would probably have to be the aesthetics of the product and its value. I don't know how much Google is planning to lower its price, if at all, once the glasses are released to the public, but if they do lower its price tag from what it is now, I can't see them running below $1,000. I understand why, but I don't foresee the majority of the public being able to afford these, even if they are pretty cool. Also, when it comes to the aesthetics, the glasses aren't necessarily the nicest looking glasses you can buy. Let's see how sales go when Google decides to release these. It's definitely a step forward in the right direction, though, regardless of how well these sell.

Years
The Google Glass does seem like a good project that Google has made, however I don't see it as a technology I would use everyday.

I do like the fact though that it takes video, which means I wouldn't have to hold up a camera/phone/tablet to record anything I may find interesting.

I honestly don't see Glass being much of an asset to the general public, though. I see it more for developers and or those who are interested in all things technology. I would want to own a Google Glass if I had the money, but I don't, and like I already said, I probably would not use it everyday and probably stop using it after a while.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah, I feel my earlier post doesn't make it obvious that I appreciate the innovative thinking and engineering that's gone into it is incredible. Just...I don't know, knowledge is power, they're expensive and can give knowledge - aren't we just letting the rich have all the power? :P. And no, I'm not a Communist, I'm just kinda trying to flesh out how I feel about the ability to look at things (or people) and instantly know everything about them.

Khawill

<3
Years
heheheh
hahahaha
HAHAHAHAH
MWAHAHAHHAHAH
THESE GLASSES WILL SOLVE EVERYTHING!!!!!!
"Google glass, show me a minimap of my school."
"Google glass, open up my inventory."
"Google glass, night vision."
"Google glass, google glass."
And so much more.

In all seriousness, this is awesome imo. If it is anything like I think it is, then after about three years, I'm sure everybody will have a pair.

Back