• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Novelty Pokemon Mafia

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
I'd guess they're random or there's an item-giving role out there somewhere, right?

If delibird isnt a santa-esque role I'd say he gives out evolutionary items.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
Sounds about right. The presents you get from Delibird either heal you or explode. Some are even extra explosive. (Why is this Pokemon listed as nice in the Pokedex again? Sure it gives you food but it also makes you explode...also it's worth noting in the games it can be a surprisingly effective strategy.)

As for Ditto, I'd guess either a cop or it just copies the role it transforms into. I'm leaning towards cop as it wouldn't make much sense for it to just be able to transform just once.

Also on an unrelated note how do the mafia know did the mafia learn cuss words right after they hat- Oak, you dirty old man...

Last edited:

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
You know, that bird Pokémon who carries a sack and throws presents as long you're not in the naughty list.

mew_nani

Years
Bard has a gun again?
Who would do such a thing?
I don't know who they are but they apparently expect Bard to do something funny with it. I don't know why they'd give him one otherwise.

On a more technical note does weather affect Pokemon in a similar way as it does in the games, or does it just affect Castform? I'd also be curious as to what their respective abilities would do but I'm not sure the game's supposed to be that complex. ~_~

I'm also gonna assume anime-style shenanigans aren't allowed, right?

Years
I'm risking getting shot here, but I think the most likely to go for Rabi right now would be Bard tbh. They've been targeting each other a lot - not that this is the most reliable source of info.

mew_nani

Years
I'm risking getting shot here, but I think the most likely to go for Rabi right now would be Bard tbh. They've been targeting each other a lot - not that this is the most reliable source of info.
But why would a member of the mafia target a person they've been going after repeatedly in other games? That seems kinda obvious and predictable. ~_~

Years
Well I want a gun too pls ^.^ and pls stop giving BARD GUN DAMMIT not even for lolz xD

Yeah! Bard and rabi are attacking each other, Bard even removed him from his mafia game xD ( I dunno I'm kidding)

But like fletch said it's way too obvious...

mew_nani

Years
Just so it doesn't come as too unpleasant a surprise, I shot someone. I'll let you speculate on who.

but really, should you be surprised?
Well I don't expect someone would have given you a gun with the expectations you'd shoot yourself with it or run around all willy-nilly like an idiot disregarding all basic gun safety rules. :|

Though really the bigger question is how the heck some of us are supposed to even be able to use a gun in the first place... after all not all of us have fingers.
o_O

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I'd like to speculate on the starters' abilities, to be honest. Bulbasaur looks like an obvious shoe in for a poisoner, maybe using the silence mechanic? Squirtle comes off as a hooker role, as for the other two I have no idea. I assume that they get a new ability upon evolution though.

Poisoner - Arsonist - Hooker - Godfather

At least that's what I theorized earlier, and for now I'm going to stick with it.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Response to Nonsense --

Delibird?

there's an op, are you even playing the same game we are

Well we lost Rabi on day 1. I wonder what Ditto's powers are?

> states the obvious in an almost clinical manner
> asks what ditto's powers are without offering their own speculation or even acknowledging Naku's list
> oooookay

Response to Legitimate Stuff --

First off, why don't we establish what everyone can do

I like a lot of your ideas. As for disagreements, I don't see Charmander being Arsonist -- it sounds like Charmander's power gets activated when he dies. I personally feel like Rotom might be ... a variant on Agent? Whisperer? Kecleon could be a type of Watcher, since being invisible could allow for them to stalk people or listen into conversations, since idk, Invisible Man sounds weird in a forum setting (not impossible, mind, just odd.)

Not just any item >:)

I don't like all this nonsense. Not coming right out saying you had a gun and letting the discovery come from the assumption of others, the fact that a gun seems out-of-place in a game where the other items are evolutionary stones and things (I would assume it'd be flavor texted into something pokemon-related instead of just straight up being a gun), and claiming to have shot someone already and will probably pull the "I just wanted something to happen!" card if it's an innocent.​

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Kiyo doesn't use that heinous font anymore? Hallelujah

tumblr_n3by3aDAow1rdutw3o1_r1_400.gif

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I like a lot of your ideas. As for disagreements, I don't see Charmander being Arsonist -- it sounds like Charmander's power gets activated when he dies. I personally feel like Rotom might be ... a variant on Agent? Whisperer? Kecleon could be a type of Watcher, since being invisible could allow for them to stalk people or listen into conversations, since idk, Invisible Man sounds weird in a forum setting (not impossible, mind, just odd.)​

oh hey kinky bae, nice to see you

yeah, that's why I doubted Kecleon would be an Invisible Man role; it doesn't play out too well in a forum setting, though you can set things up in a particular manner to make it work. Watcher/Tracker could make sense, though.

As for Charmander, I was rolling with the emphasis on "fiery tail." He could be a death arsonist (in that it activates upon death), which I've seen done, or that could just be unfortunate wording. For now, it just seems the most probable in my opinion, but I could be wrong.

You could be right on Rotom. Pretty much anything that sends secret/anonymous messages could work.

Any ideas on Stunfisk, Castform or Unown?

Years
Response to Nonsense --

> states the obvious in an almost clinical manner
> asks what ditto's powers are without offering their own speculation or even acknowledging Naku's list
> oooookay

As nonsensical as that may have been to you, that was a legitimate question. This is my first mafia so I don't much of how the roles work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back