• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Have You Completed The X&Y National Pokedex?

Have you completed the National Pokedex?

• Total voters
Years
My Pokedex was instantly completed as soon as I transferred my Pokemon over from PokeBank/Transporter, since my Pokedex was already complete from Black 2 with one of each species, and one of each Kalos species I caught in my wait for PokeBank's release. I like the designs of the diplomas you get. :3

Very nice, could you help me filling the rest of dex? I have like 50 missing only...

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
I'm still trying to finish the legends... I had a good streak there, but I don't seem to know what people are looking to trade for the last few.
Spoiler:

I had good luck trading Sylveon, maybe I'll breed some more.

Years
I have 714 of 718. Those last 4 are all event 'mons so I didn't need them for my shiny charm but can't wait to have 'em all! Just needing Manaphy, Arceus, Deoxys, and Keldeo. :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I have not! I completed the whole Kalos Pokédex but I never made it to the end of the National Dex - just lost interest before getting that far and I knew I'd never get most of the event legendaries regardless haha.

Years
I have 714 of 718. Those last 4 are all event 'mons so I didn't need them for my shiny charm but can't wait to have 'em all! Just needing Manaphy, Arceus, Deoxys, and Keldeo. :D

Goodluck with manaphy, this is the first gen I've actually followed through on trying to get a manaphy BC in the past it was more of a rabbit hole than a simple task

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I am getting there... kinda. Pokemon are slowly accumulating in my other games getting ready to be transferred. The kalos dex is almost complete though

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 10, 2014
Is it possible to complete the Dex with just Pokemon X/Y? I last played Gen II and decided to return now. Was missing Celebi and Mew back then as I cannot get hold of any event legendary.

Or should I buy BW/B2W2 as well?

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
Is it possible to complete the Dex with just Pokemon X/Y? I last played Gen II and decided to return now. Was missing Celebi and Mew back then as I cannot get hold of any event legendary.

You can complete the Kalos dex no problem on your own with just X&Y, but in order to complete the National dex, you'll also need to use the GTS and hopefully be able to grab the previous gen (non-X&Y available/Pokemon Bank exclusive) Pokemon and legendaries or trade with others.

But if you owned B/W or B/W 2, it would make it the process easier/faster to get what is missing from X&Y

Years

Also you gotta know what your facing in the gts, ALOTT OF CLONES. AN ARMY OF CLONES. So let's say you trade a xerneas or articuno and get a shiny lvl 100 thundurus, don't hold on to it, it isn't worth it, the guy probably cloned a box of them for traid bait, so you put that on the gets asking for something like rayquaza in return. Should have your rayquaza that very same day, now you have good trading material just start at gen 2 get Lucia and hooh. It maybe harder now that bank is released but when the bank released in japan I had most of the legends the next day doing this but as for new and celebi ( while they won't be needed to get the shiny charm ) you won't find them on the gts unfortunately

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
*sigh* 503. Well, I haven't really tried to finish it, I just found most of these.
Question, do the Pokemon need to be caught or just registered to the Dex?

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
*sigh* 503. Well, I haven't really tried to finish it, I just found most of these.
Question, do the Pokemon need to be caught or just registered to the Dex?

They just have to be seen to satisfy Professor Sycamore, however have to be in or have been in your possession (caught/traded) to satisfy the Game Director.

Years
I've finally done it, with a major help from a friend who I met in PokeMMO.

Spoiler:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Should I really Bother Banking all 649 Pokemon from BW2?

Would it be more fun to catch them all again in XY, or should I not even attempt to complete the Dex? I already did that once in BW2, and it took quite a while.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 3, 2014
Yep all done with the pokedex all 718 of them, every individual Pokemon placed in the boxes in numerical order

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 10, 2014
You can complete the Kalos dex no problem on your own with just X&Y, but in order to complete the National dex, you'll also need to use the GTS and hopefully be able to grab the previous gen (non-X&Y available/Pokemon Bank exclusive) Pokemon and legendaries or trade with others.

But if you owned B/W or B/W 2, it would make it the process easier/faster to get what is missing from X&Y

Also you gotta know what your facing in the gts, ALOTT OF CLONES. AN ARMY OF CLONES. So let's say you trade a xerneas or articuno and get a shiny lvl 100 thundurus, don't hold on to it, it isn't worth it, the guy probably cloned a box of them for traid bait, so you put that on the gets asking for something like rayquaza in return. Should have your rayquaza that very same day, now you have good trading material just start at gen 2 get Lucia and hooh. It maybe harder now that bank is released but when the bank released in japan I had most of the legends the next day doing this but as for new and celebi ( while they won't be needed to get the shiny charm ) you won't find them on the gts unfortunately

Thank you both for the insights. I'll target the Kalos Dex first and then see if B/W, B2/W2 are an absolute essential. Been doing some good Passerby trades and registering them for later trades.

I really don't mind a cloned legendary as I won't be holding on to it. Will try to catch a Shiny Ditto to use as bait in the first place.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
Thank you both for the insights. I'll target the Kalos Dex first and then see if B/W, B2/W2 are an absolute essential. Been doing some good Passerby trades and registering them for later trades.

I really don't mind a cloned legendary as I won't be holding on to it. Will try to catch a Shiny Ditto to use as bait in the first place.

But yes if you ever do get any previous gen legendaries, it's really easy to chain trade for dex entries. i.e. Reshiram for Zekrom, Zekrom for Kyurem, Kyurem for Ho-Oh, Ho-Oh for Lugia, etc etc.

That's how I got all my dex entries for my legendaries prior to Pokemon Bank's Release.

Then if you camp GTS sometimes, just keep refreshing the listings on some Legendaries. sometimes you'll find cloners who are listing their clones to complete their dex.. so you'll find a Reshiram for a Bunnelby or Zekrom asking for a Bidoof, or something regular and random.. I've scored a few legendaries that way, and then that helped expand my collection and gave me chain-trade fodder.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I have ALOT left to complete the Pokedex and it will take a very long time. I have a list though to help me cross out the ones I now have. :\

Lethality

Teh Trueblade
Years
I've seen all 718 but I still only have around 520 captured. I've got all the legendary pokemon including the special ones so I just have to start breeding and evolving the pokemon I have in my PC and I should be done. Unfortunately I'm very lazy and will likely never actually finish.

Quoting myself here but after like 24 sleepless hours and with the help of my brother, I actually managed to finish my dex today. Not the best way for me to spend a day off from work but it feels good to finally be done with this.
6at7.jpg

Talon Flare

Learning to break kayfabe
Years
Yes, on 2/13/14 which was Thursday of this week
This is the 1st Game I completed the National Dex
Pokemon Bank Really Helped Completing my dex and GTS as well, and wonder trade too
now I have registered 710 Pokemon, need 8 event pokemon to be 100% complete, which is not optional but I want to register all Pokemon

Back