• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Monthly-Mini Challenge - August

Years
Welcome to PokeCommunity's Monthly Mini-Challenge!

Every month, we will hold a mini-challenge that can be completed on an existing save, or in conjunction with a challenge you're working on. There will be prizes, bragging rights, and hopefully some fun to be had as we all attempt things that are not normally part of a casual play-through or typical full-game challenge.

General rules (applicable to all mini-challenges unless otherwise stated):

- All main series games are allowed, but no hacks may be used
- All pokemon and items used for the challenge must be obtained without hacking or trading
- You do not need to start a new game, all mini-challenges can be completed using an existing save
- All pokemon used to complete the challenge must have been obtained on or after the start date of the challenge
- Image or video proof is required if you want to be included in bragging-rights awards or win prizes, but is not required if you merely wish to be listed as having completed the challenge

This month's mini challenge is:

THE 100

For our very first monthly mini-challenge, we're going to start simple: raise a pokemon of your choice to level 100!

This challenge will run Aug 1st to Aug 31st 2017

Challenge specific rules:

- You may use pokemon obtained from in-game NPC's, however, if there is a trade involved, the pokemon you trade for it must have been caught after Aug 1st
- You may use pokemon caught before Aug 1st on your team in order to help level up your pokemon

A list of everyone who completed the challenge will be published within a week of the finish date. In addition, bragging-rights awards will be given to:

- the contestant who completed the challenge the fastest
- the contestant who completed the challenge the most number of times
- the most difficult completion (lvl 100 Magikarp, anyone?)

As well as any other notable completion

In addition, everyone who completes this mini-challenge will get a super-fast Pokémon! It's a secret exactly which one, but it's one of the fastest, and strong, too!

The prize Pokémon will be distributed by Tek on Saturday 2 September from 09:00-10:00 CDT (UTC -5) and 21:00-22:00 CDT (UTC -5). To receive your prize, complete the following steps:

1) Message Tek with your Friend Code and which time slot you will attend.

2) Add Tek to your Friend List (Tek's FC: 5000 7369 9451).

3) At the scheduled time, connect to wifi in the PSS and wait for Tek to ask you to trade.

We want you to receive your prize, so please be sure to follow all the instructions! Message Tek with any questions about this.

IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A PRIZE: you must provide two screenshots of your pokemon, both showing its ID#: one from immediately after it was captured, and a second one when it reaches level 100. Both screenshots may be posted at the same time if you wish.

If you have an idea for a future monthly mini-challenge, would like to contribute prizes, or help run the monthly-mini challenge (or organize a larger event), drop by the Challenge Ideas & Discussion thread.

Years
Okay, I'll be first...

Spoiler:

I hope more people will join :)

Last edited:

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years
I have done it! After completing my Sceptile solo on Pokemon Ruby I remembered that this challenge existed, and since I did a solo with my namesake, I figured I might as well go all the way. It was pretty tough, because there is no reliable way to grind in Ruby, so I just fought wild pokemon in Victory Road until one of my Zigzagoons picked up a rare candy. I had to grind to about level 90 until i could drop all my rare candies on him, which is still 10 levels, but even getting a Sceptile to level 90 fighting nothing but wild level 40 pokemon is a feat in it's own right.

Here's an Imgur Album with my proof. Sorry I didn't get the original pokemon's ID, but I had no idea I was going to do this in the first place.

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
talk about cutting it close. you try levelling up one of the weakest pokemon in the game with only an expshare and E4 rematches.

Spoiler:

though i'd love to know how it ended up with 167 DEF

Years
talk about cutting it close. you try levelling up one of the weakest pokemon in the game with only an expshare and E4 rematches.

Spoiler:

though i'd love to know how it ended up with 167 DEF

Holy crap I didn't think anyone would ACTUALLY try to get a lvl 100 Magikarp

You are my hero

Years
Thanks everyone for participating. September Mini-Challenge is up, so check it up.

Also, don't forget to contact Tek, if you're interested in Prize Pokemon.

Back