• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Could there mabye be an event or something

Maybe sometime in the far, far, future, but as of now there's no way to see him. There's speculation that he may be in the third game more, or he may be in the remakes of RSE.

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
Years
Save Data Access Problem

In Twist Mountain, I tried to save my progress, and I got an error message, which said something like this:

"The save data could not be accessed. Please turn off the system, remove the game card, and try again."

I forgot the error code already, though. Has anyone else received this message?
I was using my 3DS if that changes anything.

Years
Wai? Is it true zat...

iff said Pokemon wuz nawt evolved, then it's twise as weak as teh Pokemon that is evolved?

Hurs ze thing; I have a Vanilluxe named Swirly that's a level 71. I also have a female Vanillish I named Gothitelle witch is a level 70.

Yesh I said "Vanillish" becuz I wanted certian Pokemon to stayeh little and keeote. Su I tried it with this Vanillish I cawght.

Wen battling the E4, (rematch) Swirly can defeat and enimy easyeh, but Gothitelle, she get's Ko'd. How can that beh?

And if this does nawt go here, then I apologise.

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
Years
Great, I just EV'd my Dratini in Sp.Atk for nothing then >.>

Is there any way to get Draco Meteor? And if not, what Specially-based Dragon move can Dragonite can learn.
yes there is a move tutor that teaches draco meteor, I'm sorry but I don't remember exactly where she is, just in a house that's pretty far off the beaten path in eastern unova

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
yes there is a move tutor that teaches draco meteor, I'm sorry but I don't remember exactly where she is, just in a house that's pretty far off the beaten path in eastern unova
To fill in this answer: Draco Meteor's move tutor can be found in Opelucid City. The tutor is Iris (in Black) or Drayden (in White).

Years
iff said Pokemon wuz nawt evolved, then it's twise as weak as teh Pokemon that is evolved?

Hurs ze thing; I have a Vanilluxe named Swirly that's a level 71. I also have a female Vanillish I named Gothitelle witch is a level 70.

Yesh I said "Vanillish" becuz I wanted certian Pokemon to stayeh little and keeote. Su I tried it with this Vanillish I cawght.

Wen battling the E4, (rematch) Swirly can defeat and enimy easyeh, but Gothitelle, she get's Ko'd. How can that beh?

And if this does nawt go here, then I apologise.
Evolutions within a branch of species usually have higher base stats than their pre-evolutions, that is why your Swirly is stronger than your Gothitelle. It's the same for most Pokémon; take Pikachu and its evolution, Raichu, for example. If both Pikachu & Raichu had Modest natures and 252 SP. Atk EVs with a SP. Atk IV value of 31, and if both were level 100, Raichu would end up with a total SP. Atk of 306, whereas Pikachu would only have 218. This is due to their difference in base SP. Atk values.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
No you're wrong. Even the Reshiram/Zekrom at Dragonspiral Tower has the check. Also you only have to fill 8 because you can't unlock the 24 boxes until after you beat the E4.

wrong wrong you unlock more boxes by putting 1 pokemon in each of the 8 boxes and after that put 1 pokemon in each of the 16 boxes to unlock 24 boxes e4 has nothing to do with the box number

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Hey, so i've been trying to hatch myself a Shiny Zorua all day now, I've been using the Masuda Method and a slugma with flame body (or whatever it's called) to hatch em fast, anyone got suggestions on how to increase the rate for a shiny? :(

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
(Never though I'd be posting here for help...)

I have a really weird problem.

I wanted to test out the Entralink with my mother's copy of White.

So, we turn our games on. We appear to be able to see each other.

We move our DSes (I have a DSi, she has a DSL) right next to each other on the table so they're touching.

She stays at Striation city, I teleport from Nimbasa city to the Entralink.

I go to the bridge, and stand there.

And stand there

And stand there

"Connecting... Searching for someone near your Entralink."

It was like that for 10 minutes.

I decide maybe there's something wrong with it, so I leave and try again.

Still nothing.

Then she tries it on her game, and she sees me instantly.

We also swapped our games (I put my Black in her DSL, she put her White in my DSi) and... nothing for me, still.

Any idea what the problem is? :/ I thought my DSi had faulty wireless, but this is just weird.

Oh, and I managed to successfully trade with her a few weeks back. So I think it's a problem unique to my Enralink.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hey, so i've been trying to hatch myself a Shiny Zorua all day now, I've been using the Masuda Method and a slugma with flame body (or whatever it's called) to hatch em fast, anyone got suggestions on how to increase the rate for a shiny? :(

I don't think there are any faster hatching methods. :/ Not like the abilities stack or anything.

(Never though I'd be posting here for help...)

I have a really weird problem.

I wanted to test out the Entralink with my mother's copy of White.

So, we turn our games on. We appear to be able to see each other.

We move our DSes (I have a DSi, she has a DSL) right next to each other on the table so they're touching.

She stays at Striation city, I teleport from Nimbasa city to the Entralink.

I go to the bridge, and stand there.

And stand there

And stand there

"Connecting... Searching for someone near your Entralink."

It was like that for 10 minutes.

I decide maybe there's something wrong with it, so I leave and try again.

Still nothing.

Then she tries it on her game, and she sees me instantly.

We also swapped our games (I put my Black in her DSL, she put her White in my DSi) and... nothing for me, still.

Any idea what the problem is? :/ I thought my DSi had faulty wireless, but this is just weird.

Oh, and I managed to successfully trade with her a few weeks back. So I think it's a problem unique to my Enralink.

You have to be in a town in that large loop on the top of the map, that was probably your problem. Try having her go to one of those towns while you go to Entralink and see if the problem persists.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
You have to be in a town in that large loop on the top of the map, that was probably your problem. Try having her go to one of those towns while you go to Entralink and see if the problem persists.

Ahh! That makes sense. -facepalm-

Too bad she just beat the first Gym. This could be a while. xD;

Thanks a lot for the help! ^^

EDIT: Also, another question.

What fossils can you get from the guy in Twist Mountain? I read in the official guidebook that they're fossils from other regions... Can you get all the fossils (from other regions), or are there some missing? I can't find anything about it online, unless I missed something.

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
Are there any consequences after using Wi-Fi (Like GTS) on Acekard?

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Ahh! That makes sense. -facepalm-

Too bad she just beat the first Gym. This could be a while. xD;

Thanks a lot for the help! ^^

EDIT: Also, another question.

What fossils can you get from the guy in Twist Mountain? I read in the official guidebook that they're fossils from other regions... Can you get all the fossils (from other regions), or are there some missing? I can't find anything about it online, unless I missed something.

He will give you one of any of the fossils each day, including Old Amber.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Are there any consequences after using Wi-Fi (Like GTS) on Acekard?

Not really, although like Heart Gold said, there's a chance of getting kicked of the network, however that hardly's ever happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back