• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Well, syncro CAN work if it is the same nature as the set nature in the RNG.
Also, you can SR for Mewtwo and the birds, seeing as how they can be shiny.
Thanks for the info on Suicune though, as I'd like a shiny Dog (Although that would be very tedious work)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 30, 2023
What is the best way to catch Kangaskhan? I threw a ball at one the first time I saw it, and it fled. Then I tried bait and it fled. Does it just come down to luck?

Years
Bait never works for me. Never.

I usually tend to just inch closer, turn by turn. Eventually, after numerous failed attempts, I'll get lucky enough to capture one of the rare Pokemon of the Safari Zone (mind you this takes a really long time for the most part, depending on the Pokemon and whether it's tempted to run away a lot).

There really is no secret to doing it more easily, though.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
Years
This is the moveset of Gloom in generaltion 3 says that gloom is suppose to learn petal dance at lv 39 and it just hit 39 and did not learn it so is bulbapedia wrong or is my gloom a bit retarted and FYI implaying emearld a Gen 3 game

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Gloom? Huh...?

On Serebii net it says nothing about Petal Dance. :\

Yeah it does, both FR/LG and R/S/E Glooms learn it at 44 according to Serebii.

For some reason the page may have just been copied for that bulbapedia link, it's the same levels as shown for Oddish on Serebii

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Yeah it does, both FR/LG and R/S/E Glooms learn it at 44 according to Serebii.

For some reason the page may have just been copied for that bulbapedia link, it's the same levels as shown for Oddish on Serebii

Thanks mate ur helpful my gloom is now on lv 43 so i just got a leaf stone but i would like petal dance

Years
Since it's not too hot of a topic...

Is there a trend of "lucky" profiles for FireRed, Leafgreen, Ruby and Sapphire?

I ask this, because I notice that nearly all of the "lucky" Emerald files begin with 3.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Mence Master
Watching this late at night, sir?

Certain Emerald IDs may be (a tiny tiny bit) luckier at producing shinies, but it hasn't been researched. :0

My Emerald's ID number: 37074.
However, I've found a shiny with 50344 on my brother's Emerald (sold now <_<)

Here are some of SPPf's shiny hunter Emerald IDs:
31632 shinycollector7
33384 Heliotrope
34382 ChaosAngel
34625 Heliotrope
39916 Storm Dragoon
48827 Dragonking

Most appear to have 3, but whatever. I wanted to mind boggle your brain. Or tease you.

Oh, it's pure luck for the other games. There is no horrible RNG like in Emerald.

FR/LG seed (or gather new numbers to determine the personality value, which includes the shiny number, to create a pokemon) based on number of steps taken, game time, etc. As for R/S, I can't remember, but it's the same idea.

Last edited:
Years
So what if I left the game on for 300 hours, and kept running around?
:d
Oh, and yes I was.
How did you know?
xD
And wouldn't R/S be the same as FR/LG?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
It's kinda pointless to do that. Just make a new file. You'd want your shiny number easy to access, and button mashing is easy to replicate.

Say, if you found a shiny at 300 hours, would you like to wait 300 hours again for a chance of finding another shiny? What if you're .01 seconds late? Guess what, you'd have to reset and do it again. You're totally asking to waste away your life or your batteries.

I'm a stalker; of course I would know.

R/S and FR/LG are probably the same, yeah. I remember what the latter does; I just can't remember the former, and I'd rather not misinform you, so meh.

Years
But if I stay at the same amount of steps and such, and kept SRing, would there still be a chance of finding a shiny?

Ru-Kun

bleh...
Years
Okay here is my question. I know that some Pokemon evolve when traded. I know that they'll evolve when traded to another 3dr gen GBA game. So I was wondering will they evolve if they're traded to Collesseum or XD?

I know that question seemed kind of piontless, but I just wanted to make sure.

Years
Need help catching Rayquaza

Okay so I feel stupid. I have been trying and trying and trying. using ultra balls. Any tips??????? I just don't get it. what's the best pokemon to use against it???

Years
i used a sealo and used an ice beam, chucked an ultra ball and got it. also, use a few ultra balls and then chick a great ball i think that increases the rate or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back