• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen God Stone, a hidden item

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
You may know that games go through lots of different stages before being released and when a new stage starts, new features are added and old ones are removed. It's something that happens to Pokemon games too. This time, I'm speaking of items which are not obtainable in the games, they just remain within the games but they are no use. Specifically, an interesting item, the God Stone.

It looks like this:
godstone.png

You can see that it's similar to Dark and Light Stones. Maybe they wanted to use it with Kyurem? Or would it be some kind of "universal" stone which would revive both Reshiram in Black and Zekrom in White?

Discuss what do you think this stone would have been used for.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
hmmm I don't know... may be it could be used for obtaning Arceus in BW?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The God Stone - Causes Trainers to evolve into a paranormal being when used.

No? Well, worth a shot.

Joke answer aside, I like the Arceus idea. But it seems more like an evolutionary stone.

Cyclone

Years
Hmm, I don't know. I think it would've been cool if it was used to fuse Reshiram and Zekrom together, if you had them both in your possession. c:

But yeah, the Arceus idea makes sense. (:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The God Stone doesn't have any coding. Its just a dead item that exists as a sprite. There is no effect coding or any event coding that uses it. Some say it was just the original form of the Dark/Light Stone before they were made into two seperate items.

A lot of rumors about it, but there is no actual effect coding to the item. It exists now as Cacophony existed in the Generation 3 games.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
The God Stone doesn't have any coding. Its just a dead item that exists as a sprite. There is no effect coding or any event coding that uses it. Some say it was just the original form of the Dark/Light Stone before they were made into two seperate items.

A lot of rumors about it, but there is no actual effect coding to the item. It exists now as Cacophony existed in the Generation 3 games.

I already know that (I think I made it clear in the first post). There are lots of items like that but some of them are interesting like this one (or the "Red Chain" in Pokemon D/P). The thing is to say what do you think it could have been used for, not if it has some importance within the games (which actually doesn't have, bacause as you and I said, there's nothing you can do with this item).

I think it was an early design of the Light and Dark Stones, it would have the same effect (reviving Reshiram/Zekrom) but it would be the same in both games (that's why it's called "God Stone").

It's unlikely that the God Stone is related to Arceus, because of the great similtude with the Light and Dark ones. But it would make sense because of the name, Arceus is the only god.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Since it lookes exactly like the Light/Dark stone, except that it is grey... it seems really obvious that it was meant to have something to do with Kyurem.

Probably they figured they would make use of a catalyst item like they did for Reshiram/Zekrom, in whatever way they would later decide to introduce Kyurem.

But because it is in BW, I have a more specific theory actually.

Maybe they meant Kyurem to appear upon someone activating this stone, but at some later time decided that Kyurem would be alive already in the cave to catch like any other post-game legend.
Perhaps this change was due to the intention of not featuring Kyurem in BW at all. But since it would be in the data, we would have found out about it anyway like we do for any event-legend years before they are revealed, so they thought they might as well put it in BW... to make us speculate and wonder like crazy, which was totally okay as the proper formes were yet to come anyway.

It might have simply been a prototype that was replaced by the DNA pin after they figured out how exactly they would make the formes play out.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
(or the "Red Chain" in Pokemon D/P).
Well that was used in anime... so maybe God Stone may also be...
I go for Kyurem theory... maybe creators wanted to give Kyurem different form in BW so they used the item but then thought that giving Kyurem 2 formes and releasing them in new games would give them more money and since they are lazy, they simply left it there =D

Sirfetch’d

Maybe they thought there was going to be a Pokemon Grey early in the production of BW where this stone unlocked Kyruem and later scrapped that idea and just left the sprite there... idk.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I always thought it would have been used as a means to get Kyurem, but after reading some posts here I think another good idea would have been as a stone that works for either Reshiram or Zekrom. Seeing as how they used to be one Pokemon, and that one Pokemon was revered as the creator of Unova, calling its dormant state the "God Stone" would actually be quite fitting.

I wouldn't think it has anything to do with Arceus because, as others have said, it looks too similar to the Light and Dark Stone to not be connected to those two. Also, Arceus has a white body color, and seeing as how the Light Stone corresponds to Reshiram and the Dark Stone to Zekrom, it would again be an oddity to connect the two.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
The God Stone - Causes Trainers to evolve into a paranormal being when used.

No? Well, worth a shot.

Joke answer aside, I like the Arceus idea. But it seems more like an evolutionary stone.

Cyclone

I also like the Arceus idea, it sounds like i could be used to summon some sort of pokemon.

Back