• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Icy's Custom Cards

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Love these Team Rocket cards haha!

I'm glad you like them!

UPDATE: So, cscdgnpry @deviantART (better known as Cascade Gonpory) made some BEAUTIFUL new blanks for his Vs2: Uniting the World project, so I just had to use them! Sorry for reusing my older artwork (I haven't drawn anything new in forever).

shiny_dunsparce_vs2_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d77tiba.png

sneasel_vs2_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d77u01n.png

fakemon_card__fairicity_herushii__jp__vs2_style__by_karite_kita_neko-d77wlv7.png

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: I guess these work just as well here as they would in the pixel art forum. Here are some TCG GB-style interpretations of some of my fakes:

blissey_fsc_zpsde0073f5.png
blissey_easter_promo__2_by_karite_kita_neko-d5zv74t.png

antimew_fsc_zps78ce8054.png
Antimew_Card_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

snea_vs_dun_zps482062a1.png
Alex__s_Sneasel_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg
neo_redux_dunsparce_zps200eafe3.png

eevee_fsc_zpse56b0f40.png
eevee_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d70dvc1.png

azumarill_fsc_zps8b0a9890.png
azumarill_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d67xanm.png

Last edited:

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I personally like the Alex The Slowpoke Card you mad it look cute! :D

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Those are amazing! Font sort of bugs me a bit on the Eevee, one, though. Probably just my mind playing tricks on me.

Though we don't have a dedicated pixel art forum anymore. Got merged into the main A&D forum.

Thanks! The font on Eevee is the same as the rest, so I'm not sure what's wrong with it. The only thing that looks strange to me is the N in "KKN," bit that's present on the Blissey card as well. The only screencap I could find with that specific letter (in the larger font style) was really blurry, so mine may be inaccurate.

Ah, I didn't know that. I used to hang out there all the time.

I personally like the Alex The Slowpoke Card you mad it look cute! :D

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. :)

I've actually changed my PokéSona since, though I've no idea when I'll make a card of it. I'm a Luxio now.

- - -

UPDATE: Admit it. Mothim is the best moth.

mothim_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d7cy72j.png

shiny_mothim_fake_card__refractor_foil__by_karite_kita_neko-d7d0y0h.png

Oh, I also made some TCG GB-style sprites of my older ice cream cat fakes:

iscream_vs_youscream_zps050a1b7a.png
wescream_fsc_zpsdba6b36d.png
icat_thumbs_zps776ea25c.png

EDIT: GB-style version of the Mothim (regular) card!

mothim_fsc_zps2aec925e.png

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Butterfree isn't bad, but it isn't the best moth. No moth is better than Dunsparce-colored Mothim. :P

Thanks! I really need to do more with them (like make newer artwork). A part of me is tempted to make them Digimon instead.

Ha! Was that pun intended?

Last edited:

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
I like them but on the Mewtwo I see the font looks right but doesn't blend in like the real card's Maybe work on that.

Years
Ah, these are all sooo PRETTAY. I think I follow you on deviantART already. c: But I have a question; do you actually print these? And if so, does the quality and feel of the paper and such you print them on actually imitate standard Pokemon cards? I'm curious. I might become involved in some creation of this fake card art if that's the case. (P.S. I still love those dang ice-cream cats<3)

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I like them but on the Mewtwo I see the font looks right but doesn't blend in like the real card's Maybe work on that.

That's an issue with Photoshop's stroke rendering, it's too rounded and kind of fuzzy. I have a better method using GIMP, but I forgot to save it with layers. If I made it again, I'd have to build it again from scratch, including the texture/foil, which would take too long.

Ah, these are all sooo PRETTAY. I think I follow you on deviantART already. c: But I have a question; do you actually print these? And if so, does the quality and feel of the paper and such you print them on actually imitate standard Pokemon cards? I'm curious. I might become involved in some creation of this fake card art if that's the case. (P.S. I still love those dang ice-cream cats<3)

Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply. I've printed a good chunk of my cards, but none of my recent ones (due to lack of ink and money). But no, they don't feel/look quite the same as real cards. I try to make most of them holo, which, with my method, makes them a bit too glossy/plasticy (like they're laminated). For non-holos, I've used card stock and photo paper in the past, but the card stock is a little too dull and the ink has a weird shine to it on photo paper. I once used someone else's printer (that used toner instead of ink) to print on some kind of semi-treated card stock and it turned out pretty similar to official cards (darker areas of toner reflect more light than the real cards, but still better than the other things I've tried).

Glad you like my ice cream cats! :D

- - -

UPDATE: I haven't been faking a lot lately. Anyway, here's a card that I've been planning to make for quite a while, ever since hatching a Shiny Meowth on Black 2 over a year ago. I hope to make an Alex's Shining Persian card as well eventually.

alex_s_shining_meowth_fake_card__v2__by_karite_kita_neko-d7mvj49.png

Non-Shiny/Gym TCG GB-style:

meowth_fsc_zps336592b9.png

I actually based the sprite on a version of the card before the one above, but I changed the actual card because the older artwork was lineless and looked weird for a Shining Pokémon and the right eye was too deformed. Here's a link to the original: http://fav.me/d7msfzj

Last edited:
Years
Maybe it's just me, but I don't really see any difference between the eyes in the two versions of it.

I do like both styles, but I prefer the one with the holo background because it's hard to make out Meowth's details when Meowth is made holo instead of the background.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Maybe it's just me, but I don't really see any difference between the eyes in the two versions of it.

I do like both styles, but I prefer the one with the holo background because it's hard to make out Meowth's details when Meowth is made holo instead of the background.

There isn't a huge difference. I just rounded the top part of the left eye a little more, bringing it slightly closer to the center of the head.

Yeah, I can see why you'd say that. I just personally think the foil on the Pokémon gives the card more of a Shining Pokémon feel, but the holographic background definitely makes the artwork clearer.

UPDATE: Here's a Japanese version of the card, made in both Shining styles:

Unlike English cards which just squish a long card name, the early Japanese cards had the top portion of the card expanded to fit the name and HP on two lines (not sure of any cases with the Neo-series cards, but I know I've seen some Dark and Gym cards like that), so I modified the template.

If it looks a little blurry, the forums probably scaled it down to fit the page width. In that case, click the image for actual, crisp size.

EDIT: Made some changes...

Shining_Meowth_Japanese2_zps6af99cab.png

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
That Trainer card might have to get extremely wordy in explaining what can evolve into what. Maybe create ones that evolve 2 or 3 of the evolution lines to keep it from getting too wordy.

Maybe it would be easier to give the first forms Pokémon Powers that let them evolve, kind of like Baby Evolution from the DPPt sets:

Pokémon Power: Radiant Evolution
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for an Alex's Shining Glaceon and put it on Alex's Shining Eevee (this counts as evolving Alex's Shining Eevee) and remove all damage counters from Alex's Shining Eevee. Shuffle your deck afterward.

I finally fixed the strokes on my FA Mewtwo. Took over a year to get around to it. =w=

mewtwo_s_awakening_form_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d61l6er.png

Although the Mega mechanic has been revealed, I won't be updating this card as a Mega Pokémon.

EDIT: Removed the Shining Persian print because I'm not happy with the artwork.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I use an HP Deskjet F335, though one could use pretty much any type of color printer so long as the file to print is the right resolution (otherwise you'll have really pixelated/blurry text).

As for my foil cards, I print them on transparency film and adhere them to foil sheets. It's easier to make the whole card shiny, but not as realistic. What I do to make select areas of a card holographic is make a sort of stencil out of paper and put it between the foil and film sheet (factory printers use white ink for this step, but most at-home printers don't use white ink).

Last edited:
Years
That's actually pretty cool, but sounds quite expensive.

Also, the text is still hard to read on Mewtwo in a few spots, but I think we established last time that it was down to the foil pattern used and changing it to something more readable would fall out of line what is done on full-arts.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
It is a little expensive, but more tedious than anything else. The most expensive part is the ink. A nice little craft for Pokémon TCG fans, though.

I may attempt to completely redo the Mewtwo card. I noticed earlier that I used "Defending Pokémon" instead of "opponent's Active Pokémon," so I should probably fix it. Not sure when I'll get around to it... took over a year to get around to that last edit. I just hope I remember to save it with layers next time.

Last edited:
Back