• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well that's because it was concept art irc which made them look off...

Also can people put these images in spoiler whether they're real or not as it's enlarging my screen...thanks :)

facekeyboarding

我恨普通话
Years
From a poster further down in the thread
Spoiler:

Nothing amazingly new, other than the Hoenn info. I'm a little more inclined to believe this stuff as it seems in line with what we've already seen and heard, but I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
From a poster further down in the thread
Spoiler:

Nothing amazingly new, other than the Hoenn info. I'm a little more inclined to believe this stuff as it seems in line with what we've already seen and heard, but I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.
I hope that this is true! It's better than the guy posting Greninja...
However, I don't really like the concept of graphical problems or inactive features. The 'Sky Emerald' sounds interesting, as Hoenn was my fav. generation. I hope the Sinnoh remakes aren't real...Sinnoh was my least fav. generation. Also, remaking DPPt for the 3ds is like remaking RBY for the GBC...it's pointless! Yeah, it's a next gen console, but it's still a bit too soon for remakes of Gen IV!

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Honestly I don't believe that they would have inaccessible features for the first two weeks of the game. Didn't GF themselves confirm there would be no DLC? So if these features aren't in the game right away how are we going to get them? Besides they've had plenty of time to polish the games so I refuse to believe they polished it into something half-assed.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I don't really buy that last rumour. Anybody could make a post like that. It especially bothers me that they said they were a beta tester and not playing a review copy. At the very least the pictures I can see are more believable than some random text.

Also hasn't it already been said that old pokemon get revamped cries? Why would it need to be leaked?

I also feel like this rumour might be an attempt to make fans believe more fake rumours next week...with that part on Nintendo intentionally leaking pokemon. That sounds suspicious to me.

facekeyboarding

我恨普通话
Years
Honestly I don't believe that they would have inaccessible features for the first two weeks of the game. Didn't GF themselves confirm there would be no DLC? So if these features aren't in the game right away how are we going to get them? Besides they've had plenty of time to polish the games so I refuse to believe they polished it into something half-assed.

Oh I took that mean the DW features are delayed, like was already confirmed.

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
Years
That bird thing really creeps me out.
Spoiler:

It looks like a man in a suite, but it's supposed to be a Pokemon. I don't like it one bit. If it's real I will make a concerted effort to destroy it every time I see it in game.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Can Mega Evolutions change type? If yes is Mega Charizard a dragon type?
Only a few Pokémon change types from a Mega Evolutions (ex: Ampharos). Everyone else, including Charizard, still have their original types.

Regarding the "leaks," Hawklucha kinda reminds me of the Zeekeeper from Dream Team, with a bit of the Songbird's design from Bioshock Infinite.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Hey, Haw(k)lucha looks fairly cool, I think! I'm not a big fan of Fighting Types but this guy looks like he could be one of my favorites. Would he be the first Flying/Fighting type? Let me look it up... yup! Well, I dunno if he's real but I wouldn't mind if he was. I'm pretty certain he's not though, like most everything with just one or two screenshots of an unknown source taken of it :P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I found this picture, I think it's called photo forensics or something. It basically shows that Greninja has a lot of digital manipulation while Hawlucha and Binicle have none. (or at least not enough to be suspicious)

http://i.imgur.com/Rw1uNIL.jpg

Apparently Greninja came from a different source to Hawlucha and Binicle. So there's every chance Greninja is fake while the latter two are real. According to what I've read over at pokebeach, two different sources have posted pictures of Hawlucha.

To be honest this rumour is a bit of a head wrecker.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It's rumor time !!!

final-froakie-evolution-rumor.jpg

hawklucha1.png

hawklucha2.png

The pictures above purport to be from a review copy of Pokémon X. As you can see, they claim that this is the final evolution of Froakie, Greninja, and a new Flying/Fighting-type Pokémon called Hawlucha.

The poster also mentioned that XP is also much easier to earn and that entire parties will get some from battles with the use of EXP Share, a key item found early in the game. He also mentioned that XY only introduce around 70 new Pokémon.

Well...The EXP Share no longer exists. According to the Magazine Translation the EXP Share is now the EXP All which is still a hold item. Them calling it a Key Item shows that they are posting fake info.

Okay. I've come to the conclusion. I am no longer looking at anything on these games until the release date. I don't mind spoilers, but that's not the problem. The reason I can't be assed any more is because the amount of fake crap, lying and trolling that goes on in the Pokémon Community (ironically, not this site - but the whole community in general) and that is being thrown around that helps no one. I'd rather just start the games up fresh and not worry about whether Frogadier's bubbles disappear whether we only have 70 new Pokémon, or whether there are no endgame things to do... Whatever.

Yes. I have been successfully trolled, but I give up for 1 week and 6 days.

Sadly...welcome to the last leg of the Information collecting for new games.

@The bit about the guy that says he was a beta tester.

********! He would NOT know if they are making remakes. They won't even discuss this with people outside let alone discuss it BEFORE a game is even completed and pushed out the door. That guy is fake fake fake and full of ****.

They aren't going to change the Pokemon's stats this late in the life either. Gamefreak's Metagame and Smogon Metagame are two completely different systems and don't even relate to one another so there would be no need to even try to rework this.

That guy is talking out his ass.

facekeyboarding

我恨普通话
Years
Welp time for some actual proof that the leaked images are fake.

Spoiler:

I made some simple trajectory based lines based on the placement of objects on the screen, and it's pretty apparent this is a phony. That or this Pokemon game is a visual nightmare. First of all, on the bottom left, you see the three lines. They all start from the very tip of the pokeball. One extends perfectly straight, one follows the "straight" of the angle (what would be straight if the angle where rotated,) and the last from the tip to the other ball. As you can see, it's very slightly off.

Example 2: Kerning & Linespace. Look at the top left's green circle, where it says "Greninja." Notice the abnormally large gab between n and j. This is called improper kerning, and it's probably a result of the "leaker" attempting to angle the letters up properly, so he's kerning by hand. Bad choice. You'll also see that if you followed the bottom of the letters, the G dips far lower on the line than any other letter.

I could point out more, but I think y'all get the gist.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Welp time for some actual proof that the leaked images are fake.

Spoiler:

I made some simple trajectory based lines based on the placement of objects on the screen, and it's pretty apparent this is a phony. That or this Pokemon game is a visual nightmare. First of all, on the bottom left, you see the three lines. They all start from the very tip of the pokeball. One extends perfectly straight, one follows the "straight" of the angle (what would be straight if the angle where rotated,) and the last from the tip to the other ball. As you can see, it's very slightly off.

Example 2: Kerning & Linespace. Look at the top left's green circle, where it says "Greninja." Notice the abnormally large gab between n and j. This is called improper kerning, and it's probably a result of the "leaker" attempting to angle the letters up properly, so he's kerning by hand. Bad choice. You'll also see that if you followed the bottom of the letters, the G dips far lower on the line than any other letter.

I could point out more, but I think y'all get the gist.

I don't think anyone was doubting that Greninja was fake. Its really well done but I think someone said it was confirmed fake by the creator. The Owl and the barnicle things however still need proving/disproving....

My outburst was to the quote in the spoiler where the "leaker" claims to have such inside information that is never leaked, most of the stuff isn't even started until after the games are released. Usually about a month after release. The so called Beta tester is also risking some heafty fines for breaching his non-disclosure contract so easily.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
More pictures (from the same guy that posted Hawklucha and Greninja)

2hxra12.jpg

2v9k3.jpg

2chpbtv.png

qssao5.png

^ This ugly ass pokemon is supposedly called Binacle.

The first two pictures seem to be quite legitimate. If they turn out to be fake, then I'd be extremely surprised. xD The Pokémon in the third picture is called Hawklucha, isn't it? Unfortunately, I would have to agree with the person that's said that it looks like a guy in a suit. Its design is just not that great. ): Maybe if they added a little more pizazz to it, I would've liked it more. Right now, this Pokémon is too simplistic. As for the last picture, what could that Pokémon be possibly based on? I find it to be a bit scary, personally.

facekeyboarding

我恨普通话
Years
I don't think anyone was doubting that Greninja was fake. Its really well done but I think someone said it was confirmed fake by the creator. The Owl and the barnicle things however still need proving/disproving....

My outburst was to the quote in the spoiler where the "leaker" claims to have such inside information that is never leaked, most of the stuff isn't even started until after the games are released. Usually about a month after release. The so called Beta tester is also risking some heafty fines for breaching his non-disclosure contract so easily.

Oh i wasn't responding to anything you said at all, don't worry :) And actually, if you go around a lot of people are still believing in Greninja, on high-profile boards like /VP/ or PokeBeach.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
As for the last picture, what could that Pokémon be possibly based on? I find it to be a bit scary, personally.

Well the person who leaked it said it's called Binacle and is Rock/Water type. My best guess would be Bi (as in two) + Barnacle. Seems to make sense. Maybe if we're lucky we can have Trinacle! :D

Back