• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fanfic] Welcome To Reefside

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 43: Elsa's Sneak Attack​

Normal POV

The next morning at the Torres house, Tracy and Amber walk into the kitchen. Tracy is wearing a purple evening rose t-shirt, navy skinny jeans and short black Ugg boots. She hangs her bookbag on the side of her chair before she sits down. Amber's mom, Cara, sets Tracy's breakfast in front of her. She sees the dark circles under her eyes after Tracy finished drying the sleep from them.

"Tracy, sweetheart, are you sure that you'll be able to make it through a whole day of school. It looks like you haven't got a good night's sleep in a few days" Cara asks.

"Yes, Mrs. Torres. I appreciate your concern, but I'm not going to ruin my perfect attendance record because I'm a little tired. Thank you for letting me stay the night too." Tracy answers.

"You're welcome," Cara says.

Tracy and Amber finish their breakfast and head out to the bus stop. While they are walking Amber stops when she sees Tracy start to fall towards the sidewalk. She catches her teammate a few seconds before Tracy hits the pavement.

"Thanks, Amber, I guess lost it for a second," Tracy says.

Amber helps her sit down on the curb a few steps in front of them.

"I know the Senior's last day is five weeks away, and you don't want to fall behind. I think I need to call your mom. You just fainted." Amber says.

"Amber I'm okay, let's move. We don't want to miss the bus, do we?" Tracy says confidently.

"Sure," Amber says reluctantly.

Amber helps Tracy to her feet. The girls get another block before Tracy looks up to see an Invisi-portal open up right in front of them. Elsa and some Tyrannodrones appear.

You've got to kidding me. Tracy thinks.

After the portal closes Elsa and the T-drones slowly approach the girls. Tracy is about to call for the others, but doesn't know if this will be the best time to reveal her identity to Amber.

"Tracy, what are those things?" Amber asks.

"Don't know. I've never seen them before," Tracy answers.

"I can't believe you'd lie to your friend Pink Ranger," Elsa says.

"Tracy, why does that lady know your name?" Amber asks.

"No clue, but I think we should lady is crazy Amber. Come on, she just appeared out of thin air. Besides I'm not superhero material," Tracy says.

"Tracy, I learned that you're a bad liar. You are a Power Ranger," Amber says.

"I wanted to tell you, but I was hoping it'd be under better circumstances," Tracy says.

"Actions speak louder than words Pink Ranger. Why don't you morph?" Elsa taunts.

"Elsa, I don't need to morph to beat the Tyrannodrones," Tracy says.

"Whatever, Tyrannodrones attack," Elsa says.

Elsa chuckles seeing Tracy struggle against them. She is happy that she'll have the pink Dino Gem back in a few minutes. Tracy tries to use her super strength to fight, but she realizes how tired she is when she can't even defeat the two tdrones in front of her. Three more run up and pin her to the ground. She turns her head and sees the bus pulling up. After summoning up all the dino gem power she can, Tracy kicks them off.

"Amber, the bus is a few blocks away. Run, I'll keep these things busy," Tracy says.

"But, you'll be late for school," Amber says.

"Don't worry about me, just go," Tracy shouts.

Tracy's POV

Amber nods. I see her run as fast as she can down the sidewalk to catch the bus. I smile when I see the bus stop, and she climbs on. It turns down the blocks, and I get back to fighting the tdrones. They pin me down again but this time, I don't have the strength to kick them away. I see one is about to take my dino gem. A few seconds later, I hear the screech of tires, so I turn my head to see Wes and Eric get out of a jeep. I watch them pull out their weapons and blast the tdrones away. They run up to me and Wes helps me to my feet.

"Elsa, you forgot about us didn't you," Wes says.

"You got lucky this time Pink Ranger. I'll get your gem someday," Elsa snaps.

We watch her escape through another Invisi-portal before we walk back to the car. After we get in, I ask Wes if he can drive me to school.

"Thanks for the help, but how did you know where to find me?" I ask.

"You're welcome. We had some help from Circuit," Wes answers.

"Who is Circuit?" I ask.

"That would be me," A robotic owl says as it flies up to the front seat, before landing on my lap.

"Hi, Circuit, how did you get here?" I ask.

"Wes contacted the future and asked the commander if he could send me over to help out," Circuit says.

"Do you think that you can help Hayley figure out why I can't morph?" I inquire.

"Sure, but why are you so tired?" Circuit answers.

"I've been having Power Ranger related nightmares as well as school related ones for the past few weeks," I say.

"What kind of Ranger related nightmares?" Wes asks.

"The kind where Mike is trying to destroy me." I say.

"Why haven't you told the others?" Eric asks.

"Because I don't want the nightmares to get any worse. After I had told Kira about them, she started showing up in them," I answer.

"You're afraid if the rest of your team finds out, they'll turn up in the nightmare too," Circuit says.

"Exactly," I say through a yawn.

Normal POV

A few seconds later Tracy falls asleep. Fifteen minutes later Wes pulls into the parking lot. Tracy wakes up and starts to get out of the car. Tracy thanks Wes for the ride before walking inside. She stops by her locker and gets her books before the warning bell rings, then walks to Dr. Oliver's class and sits down in her seat. Dr. Oliver takes notices that Tracy looks worse than she did on her first day

Rita's blast did do something else to Tracy besides block her ability to morph. She looks the same way Kimberly did when Rita made her too tired to fight so she could take her power coin. Dr. Oliver thinks.

He walks back over to his desk, puts down the attendance sheet then looks back up at the class.
"Alright, today I'm giving you the class period to work on your final projects," The room fills with cheers and groans. Dr. Oliver walks over to the Ranger's table.

"Tracy, can I talk to you in my office?" Dr. Oliver asks.

Tracy nods. They walk to his office. After they are inside Dr. Oliver slowly closes the door behind him so the rest of the class couldn't hear their conversation.

"Kira told me about Elsa attacking you and Amber," Dr. Oliver says.

"She knows I'm a ranger. Does that mean we have to take her to the lab after school so that she can become a Power Ranger too?" Tracy says.

"Yes. Rita's blast did more than just prevent you from morphing, didn't it?" Dr. Oliver asks.

"No, I'm just tired from all the stress of living a double life that's all," Tracy says.

The next thing Dr. Oliver sees, Tracy begins to sway back and forth. Her face turns white before her body goes limp. He catches her a few seconds before she hits the floor.

Tracy's POV

I think I've lost it when I feel cool water land on my face. I open my eyes, but I have to wait for things to come into focus. Then I see Nurse Polly's face.

"Nurse Polly, how did I get in your office? The last thing I remember is talking with Dr. Oliver," I say.

"He brought you here after you fainted," Nurse Polly says.

I start to get up, but Nurse Polly puts her hand on my shoulder. She lays me back down. I blink a few times to shake off the dizzy spell.

"Can I go back to class, please?" I ask.

"Sorry Tracy, but I called your parents. Your mom will be here soon to pick you up," Nurse Polly says.

"I can't go home. My last day is five weeks away. I refuse to fall behind," I say.

"I appreciate you dedication Tracy, but If you stay you could get seriously hurt." Nurse Polly says.

I turn my head when we hear a knock on the door. Nurse Polly walks over to it after she opens the door and I see Wes standing in the doorway.

"Hi, I'm Wes Collins," Wes says.

"May I help you?" Nurse Polly asks.

"Yes, I'm friends with Tracy's mother. She just got called into work to assist in an emergency with one of the residents. I'll be taking Tracy home," Wes answers.

Nurse Polly and Wes walk over to me. Wes helps me off the exam table. Wes and I leave Nurse Polly's office. We stop by my locker so I can get my things then we head out to the car.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 44: Another Veteran Ranger Surprise​

Normal POV

Wes tells Tracy they'll be heading to Silver Hills. Tracy is too tired to show much excitement about getting to explore the city that Wes and the other Time Force Rangers protected from Ransik.

"Wait, are you sure that my mom is okay with this?" Tracy asks.

"Yes, Eric and I met her. She said it would help you to relax and recover if you leave Reefside for a few hours." Wes answers.

"Okay, so where are we going?" Tracy says.

"We heading back to the Silver Guardians headquarters. Eric and I need to fill my dad in on what happened in Reefside." Wes says.

"Wes, your dad is in charge of The Silver Guardians?" Tracy asks.

"Yup," Wes says.

Twenty minutes later, Wes parks in the car in Silver Guardians HQ parking lot. He and Eric turn their heads and see Tracy fast asleep in the backseat with Circuit perched on her right shoulder.

"We always could have Circuit wake Tracy up by pecking her cheek," Eric says.

"Eric, that's mean," Wes scolds slapping his partner on the shoulder.

"Yes, I don't want to hurt her," Circuit says.

"Relax, you two, I was kidding," Eric smirks.

"No you weren't," Wes smirks back.

Wes nods and Circuit nuzzles her cheek. Tracy moans as she slowly opens her eyes.

"Sorry Tracy, but we're here," Wes says.

"I'm not a child, how come I can't sleep in the car while you and Eric go talk to your dad?" Tracy asks.

"You can get some more sleep after you meet him, and we head to my house, okay?" Wes says.

Back at Reefside High, Amber and Conner walk into the gymnasium. They see different gymnastic equipment set up. Mr. Jonas walks up to them. Conner can't believe his eyes when he sees Kimberly and her coach, Gunther Schmidt, enter a few seconds later.

"No way, Conner, that's Kimberly Heart. She won gold at the Pan Global games two years in a row. She is the best gymnast on the entire team." Amber says.

"Thank you for the kind words. I love meeting my fans," Kimberly says, shaking Amber's hand.

"You're welcome, Miss Heart. Are she and coach Schmidt going to help you teach the class today, Mr. Jonas?" Amber asks.

"Yes," Mr. Jonas says.

Conner remembers that he saw her on the video diary on the computer in the lab. Then he sees the rest of the class file in right before the bell rings. The teens line up with the others while Mr. Jonas and his guests follow him to the bleachers. The gym teacher starts to take attendance and is shocked when he doesn't hear Tracy respond when he calls her name. "Has anyone seen Miss Burlew?"

"Yes, Mr. Jonas, she fainted in Dr. Oliver's class. Her mom picked her up and took her home," Conner answers.

Tracy's POV

I am still upset about having to leave school, ruining my perfect attendance record. Wes, Eric, Circuit and I enter Wes's dad's office.

"Hello, son, this is one of the Dino Thunder Rangers your friend Tommy is mentoring?" Mr. Collins asks.

"Yes, dad, this is Tracy," Wes answers.

"It's nice to meet you, sir," I say.

"Tracy, you can call me Albert, alright," Mr. Collins says.

"Okay, Albert," I say.

"So, were you able to deliver those gems you found to Tommy?" Albert asks.

"Yes, but we got attacked by Elsa," Wes answers.

"Who is Elsa?" Albert asks.

"She is Mesogog's henchwoman," I say.

"Eric and I were able to reobtain the box with the gems, thanks to their white Ranger, Trent," Wes says.

"Thank you for the report, son, so how about you take Tracy back to the house?" Albert says.

"Okay dad," Wes says.

"Eric, I need your help on another mission," Albert says.

"Okay," Eric says.

Wes and I head back out to the car. We walk to the back of the car. Wes takes out a case and hands me a small collapsible antenna.

"What am I supposed to do with this, exactly?" I ask.

"Just put it down right here," Circuit says.

I place my antenna near his right foot and pull it up, so it's as tall as Wes's. Then Wes takes out a small remote, and a few seconds later I see a small screen appear along with a guy with green hair and a crystal on his forehead.

"Hi Wes, so this is the Pink Dino Thunder Ranger. It's so nice to meet you; I'm Trip by the way." Trip says.

"It's nice to meet you too, but how did you know I'm a Power Ranger? Wait, did I just see a flying car drive past by the window behind you?" I ask.

"Yes, it was. I'm from the year three thousand four. We have an archive of all the former Rangers here," Trip answers.

"So, does it say if I get my Ranger powers back?" I ask.

"I'm afraid I can't disclose that information," Trip says.

"Can you at least tell me if my parents will show up at Senior Awards night?" I inquire.

Trip just shakes his head no. I give up asking questions about the future. "Why did we contact the future exactly?"

"I wanted to check in on my friends," Wes answers.

"Everyone is doing great Wes. Jen got promoted to lieutenant. Lucas won his fifth racing championship in a row, and he and Nadira got married. Katie and her boyfriend Ollie got engaged. I've been kind of busy helping them plan their wedding," Trip says.

"Thanks got the update Trip. I'll check in again soon," Wes says.

"You're welcome, Wes," Trip says.

Wes presses the button again and the screen vanishes. He puts the antennas away in the pouch on his belt. We get in the car then drive to Wes's house.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 45: Secrets Reveled​

Wes's POV

I pull into the driveway to my house. Tracy's eyes widen in shock as she gets out of the car when she sees the size of it. Our family butler, Phillips, walks up to us.

"Master Wes, who is your new friend?" Phillips asks.

"This is Tracy; she is one of the students Tommy is teaching at Reefside High," I say.

"Why isn't she in school?" Phillips asks.

"The stress got the best of me," Tracy answers.

"Yes, her mom agreed that she could stay here to rest for a few hours," I say.

"Shall I show her to one of the spare rooms then Master Wes?" Philips asks.

I nod. We walk into the house. I go to the kitchen while Philips leads Tracy up the stairs to her room.

Tracy's POV

Phillips opens the door to the room. It has a queen size bed, a fireplace on one wall, a balcony with a view of the side yard, and a desk is along the wall near the window. There is a laptop on the desk too.

"Here you are Miss Tracy," Phillips says.

"Thank you," I say.

I walk inside after Phillips walks away. I'm still upset about having to leave school messing up my perfect attendance record. I take the laptop off the desk and sit down on the bed. I put my flash drive in the USB drive to start working on my final paper for social studies comparing Homeschooling and public schooling kids. I finished rewriting the concluding paragraph when my communicator goes off. I hit save then answer it.

"What's up? I thought we aren't supposed to use our communicator outside of battle," I say.

"I wanted to tell you who Amber and I meet in gym class today," Conner says.

"What did I miss in gym class?" I ask.

"Kimberly Heart and her coach helped Mr. Jonas teach us basic gymnastic skills," Conner answers.

"Aww man," I whine.

"Do you think that you'll be strong enough to meet us at the lab after school," Conner asks.

"Sure, I'll ask Wes to give me a ride," I say.

"I have to go. Lunch is going to end soon," Conner says.

I let go of the sides of my bracelet and finished editing my social studies essay. I closed my Microsoft Word document after saving it again, then place the laptop on the nightstand. I lay down to take a quick catnap. I hear the alarm on my phone go off, waking me up from a good dream for once. I rub my eyes and pick up my phone, turn off the alarm, then head downstairs to the kitchen. I enter to see Wes sitting at the island in the middle of the room.

"Hi, Wes," I say.

"Hi, Tracy, I take it you're hungry?" Wes asks hearing my stomach growling.

"Yes, maybe a little. May I have a strawberry-banana smoothie and grilled chicken and cheese sandwich please?" I ask.

"Of course Miss, I'll have it ready in a few minutes," Phillips says.

Conner's POV

I contact Tracy during lunch to tell her about Kimberly and to tell her that we are meeting after school at the lab. After the final bell rings, I go to Dr. Oliver's class after getting my things from my locker. I'm about to head down the stairs when Amber walks up to me. "Hey Conner, I went to Johnson's classroom and got a copy of the study guide for the PreCalculus exam for Tracy. Do you know why Mike didn't get it for her?"

"No, that's weird. I'll give it to Tracy when I see her at the Cybercafe," I say.

"So, why are you heading back to Dr. O's classroom?" Amber asks.

"Well, you remember this morning when you and Tracy got attacked by Elsa?" I answer.

"Yeah, wait a second, you're a power ranger too," Amber gasps.

"Yes, and you might as well come with me. You're not going to believe who else is a ranger too," I say.

Amber and I head to the classroom. As we enter, I see Kimberly standing next to Dr. O while the others except for Mike are standing in front of the counter in front of the room.

"Where is Mike?" I ask.

"I don't know. I told him to meet us here," Kira says.

"Mike is a ranger?" Amber asks.

"Yes, he's our green ranger," Ethan says.

"That's cool, so what color are the rest of you?" Amber says.

"I'm red, Ethan's blue, Kira is yellow, Trent is white and Dr. O is Black," I say.

"Isn't the red ranger supposed to be the leader?" Amber says skeptically.

"I know, I was shocked too," Kira says.

"Wait a second; Kimberly is a power ranger?" Amber asks.

"I was when I was a teenager," Kimberly says.

"So, if Tracy is the pink ranger when did she use her ranger powers to fight Elsa?" Amber says.

"She can't morph," Ethan says.

"Why?" Amber asks.

"I'll explain everything at the lab," Dr. O says.

"Where is the lab?" Amber asks.

"It's at my house," Dr. O answers.

"Am I going to be a Power Ranger, too? Awesome," Amber says.

"Yes, but it's a big responsibility," Dr. O says.

"I know I can handle it," Amber says confidently.

"Well, let's get going then," Dr. O says.

We leave the room and head to the parking lot. Amber and I get into my car. Kimberly gets in her car. While the others get into Dr. O jeep, we head to the lab.

~~~~~~

Normal POV

The group arrives at Dr. Oliver's house; Amber gets out of Conner's car. She turns to her left to see Was and Tracy walk over to them.

"Hey, Amber, did you get a copy of the study guide for Mr. Johnson's PreCalculus final by any chance?" Tracy asks.

"Yes, I did," Amber says.

Amber takes the study guide out of her book bag and gives it to Tracy. After Tracy puts it in her Michigan State bookbag, they head inside the house and head down the stairs to the lab. They reach the bottom of the stairs, and the silver and purple Dino Gems are on the table in the middle of the room.

"So, which gem is mine," Amber asks.

"The funny thing is you don't get to choose the gem. It's gong to choose you," Tracy says.

"How is it going to do that?" Amber asks.

"Just walk over to the table and find out," Tracy answers.

Amber walks over to the table. She places her hands over the silver Dino Gem and nervously waits for something to happen.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 46: Tracy gets Kidnapped​

Normal POV

Amber closes her eyes and wishes that the gem will choose her since silver is her favorite color. She slowly opens her eyes and frowns when the Silver Dino gem doesn't light up. She moves her hand over the purple dino gem. The team smiles when they see it start to glow. Amber gasps when she sees a quick vision of an Archelon swimming around underneath the ocean. She picks up her gem and walks over to her new team.

"What wrong Amber?" Tracy asks.

"I was hoping that I would get to the silver ranger, that's all." Amber sighs.

"No offense Kimberly, but I'm not a big fan of the color pink either. You'll get used to wearing the color purple after awhile trust me," Tracy says.

"What dinosaur bonded to that gem?" Ethan asks.

"It looked like a sea turtle," Amber answers.

"That would be an Archelon. It lived in the Cretaceous period," Dr. Oliver says.

"Amber, I'm kind of excited to see what special power that gem will give you," Tracy says.

"What power did your gem give you?" Amber asks.

"I got super strength," Tracy answers.

"It would be cool if I could breathe underwater," Amber says.

"I'll get to work making a morpher for you Amber," Hayley says.

"Thank you, Hayley," Amber says.

"You're welcome, just doing my job," Hayley says.

"So, Tracy why did you faint at school today?" Conner asks.

"I think we should bring Amber up to speed first before I answer your question Conner," Tracy answers.

After Tommy tells Hayley what the head of an Archelon looks like, she leaves the group to get to work on Amber's morpher. Then the others tell Amber about everything that has happened since the beginning of the school year when they first found the dino gems. Then Tracy tells Amber about her trip back to Angel Grove, meeting Dr. Oliver and Kimberly as teenagers along with the rest of the Mighty Morphin' Rangers, fighting one of Rita's monsters, and meeting the Space Rangers.

"Rita putting a spell on Mike sure would explain his current attitude adjustment," Conner says.

"Yeah, but it doesn't explain why you passed out Trac," Amber says.

"Rita's blast didn't just block my Ranger powers. It has been giving me nightmares about Mike destroying me. When I told Kira about my nightmares she started to show up in them too," Tracy says.

"That would explain why you look like you haven't slept in days," Ethan says.

"Have they found why you can't morph?" Amber asks.

"No," Tracy sighs.

Circuit flies over to the table where the silver Dino gem is, then says, "Maybe I can help. Set your Dino gem down on the table, please," Tracy knows he is from the year 3000 and all. She is a little nervous that he really could figure out why she can't morph. She is tired of not being able to morph and walks over to the robotic owl. She takes off her bracelet and places it in front of him. He does a diagnostics scan and when it's finished, the owl flies over to the computer. Then he projects it onto the screen so the team could see it. Tracy puts her bracelet back on and heads back to the group.

"Tracy, it looks like Rita's blast created a thick coating on your gem that is blocking your access to the morphing grid," Circuit says.

"That doesn't make any sense. My Dino Gem had an encasing on it and I still could morph," Trent says.

"This coating is composed of something different than the coating on your gem Trent," Circuit explains.

"What kind of material in this universe is even capable of blocking my morphing powers? Is there a way to break the coating?" Tracy asks.

"Not sure, but I'm going to stay here and help Hayley. If that's okay with you Tommy?" Circuit says.

"Sure, it's fine with me," Dr. Oliver says.

"What are we supposed to do while you're doing that?" Tracy asks.

"You should head home to start studying for your finals," Dr. Oliver suggests.

The teens groan as they leave the room. Tracy waves goodbye to her friends as they drive away. She heads back inside to the kitchen to start on her math homework again. Wes was her ride so she had to wait till Circuit was finished helping Hayley. Then she walks past the living room and puts on the breaks seeing Elsa sitting on the couch. She slowly walks inside but stands across from her near the open window.

"How did you find this place?" Tracy asks.

"Pretty easily, you didn't think that Mesogog has been monitoring you and the other rangers?" Elsa answers.

"Wait, so Mesogog also knows that my parents..." Tracy says.

"Yes, he does Pink Ranger." Elsa threatens.

"Let me guess, you want my gem," Tracy says sarcastically.

"Yes, but he wants to see you too," Elsa says.

"What makes you think I'd come with you willingly?" Tracy asks.

Elsa gets up and leaps across the room. She grabs Tracy around her waist then quickly covers her mouth to mute her screams. Tracy thrashes around and knocks a vase off the bookshelf next to her. Elsa takes out a taser and shocks Tracy. She manages to knock a few more things off the shelf hoping that Circuit would be able to hear want is going on and alert Dr. Oliver. Tracy slowly lifts her head and sees an invi-portal opening above them as everything slowly fades to black.

Wes's POV

Circuit suddenly stops helping Hayley and flies up the stairs. I follow him to find what his audio sensors picked up. I walk into the living room to see him sitting on Tracy's backpack, along with several broken objects on the floor.

"Circuit, do you think you can try to locate Tracy's signal?" I ask.

"I can try, but why would someone kidnap Tracy?" Circuit says.

I have a bad feeling about this. Tracy, help is on the way.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 47: Rescuing Tracy Again Part 1, - A Time Force Reunion​

Wes's POV

Circuit flies over to me and sets Tracy's bookbag in front of me. I pick it up, and we head back downstairs to the lab. Tommy has a look of pure shock when he sees Tracy's bag in my right hand. Circuit flies past our heads then lands in front of the computer.

"Circuit, have you located Tracy's signal?"

"Not yet, but I'll widen my search parameters to find it,"

"Do you think that Elsa could have kidnapped Tracy?"

"Seems like the most logical explanation Wes,"

"How did Elsa even know that she'd be here?"

"Mesogog must have been tracking us for a while," Hayley says.

"How did she even get into the house?"

"She must have used an invisiportal,"

Tracy's POV

I slowly open my eyes and try to sit up. I get a few inches up off the chair, and I feel someone shove me back down. I bite my bottom lip to keep myself from swearing due to the sharp pain that starts to flow through my body. I hear an evil laugh and turn my head to see Elsa standing next to the chair.

"Well, pink ranger I thought you'd wake up sooner,"

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, Elsa. High school is stressful, especially senior year."

"Whatever, Zeltrax, watch our prisoner while I go get Mesogog,"

I look back up at the ceiling. I wait till I hear the door to the room close before I try to escape. I try to call on my dino power, but nothing happens.

What's going on? I know I'm tired, but this is ridiculous. I should be able to use my dino powers.

I hear another evil laugh and look to my right to see Zeltrax holding my gem in his hand. The next thing I see makes me wish that this is just a nightmare, I see Zoey and Grant walk up from the back corner.

"Hello, Tracy, so where's your bodyguard," Grant taunts.

"Yeah, I still can't believe that he asked you out," Zoey adds.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"We wanted revenge for you getting us into trouble at school," Grant answers.

"Yeah," Zoey adds growling through her teeth.

"I didn't get either of you in trouble. It was your actions and the decisions you made. Neither of you ever considered the consequences,"

"Turn on the life-force extractor," Zeltrax says.

Then I see Zoey hit a button on the panel next to her. I look back up to see the life-force extractor which is a few feet in front of me, powering up. A few seconds later I see a red light surround it and hear a warbling sound. Grant lets out an evil laugh, and his sneakers squeak as he walks up. I see a smirk on his face as he brings the spiral end of the machine closer to my face.

"Your friends will never find you. Also, you'll never get to walk across that stage to get your diploma,"

Wes's POV

"Should we contact her parents?"

"No, I'm sure she is trying to get free," Tommy says confidently.

A few seconds later we hear Circuit say,"I found Tracy's signal. She is in Mesogog's fortress on his hidden island."

"Great work Circuit, can you locate an invisiportal to get me there,"

"I'm on it, Wes,"

"Wes, I'm going as well. Tracy is one of my teammates, so I'm responsible for her safety," Tommy says.

"I'm going too, as some extra muscle," Eric adds.

"Should we go in morphed?"

"Yes, it will help protect us in case Mesogog sends one of his monster's to distract us," Tommy answers.

I nervously tap my fingers on my morpher while we wait for Circuit to find an invisiportal. Eric gets out of his chair and walks over to me. He puts his hand on my shoulder. "Relax Wes. Tracy is a lot like Jen. They're both tough and kind of stubborn. I'm sure she's trying to escape right now,"

I hope you're right Eric. I wish Jen were here right now. She'd be a big help to this mission as well.

"Thanks, Eric. I'm going to get some air."

I walk outside and sit down on the front steps. I rub my temples to release the stress building up. As I slowly open my eyes, I see another car pull up. My heart leaps out of my chest seeing Jen get out of the driver's side. I stand up and walk over to her.

"Hey, Wes,"

"Hi, Jen, what are you doing here?"

"Well, Tommy Oliver is a Power Ranger legend. I thought it would be an amazing experience to team up with him,"

"I thought the real reason was that you missed me,"

Jen kiss me on the cheek."That too, now let's head back inside,"

"Right, Circuit probably has located the invisiportal we need to help us rescue Tracy,"

We head downstairs to the lab. I see that Circuit found the invisiportal and the coordinates were on the computer screen. Circuit flies over to us and lands on Jen's shoulder.

"Hi, Circuit, it's good to see you too,"

"Circuit, you two can catch up later. We have a mission,"

"So, how are we going to get there?" Eric asks.

"You'll have to ride our Raptor cycles," Hayley says.

"Sounds good, now let's get going."

Circuit flies back over to Hayley. Tommy and Eric walk over to us.

"Everyone Ready?" Tommy asks.

"Ready," We say.

"Let's do this. Dino Thunder Power Up,"

"Time For Time Force," Jen and I say.

"Quantum Power,"

Then we walk over to our bikes. Jen gets on Tracy's bike. I get on the red bike. Eric gets on the blue one. While Tommy gets on his ATV, then the wall in front of us opens, and we see a swirling portal.

"So, we ride into this thing, right?"

"Yes, since your the red ranger Wes you get to go first,"

"Thanks, Tommy,"

I rev the engine before I slowly let go of the gas and race off into the portal.

Stay strong, Tracy, help is on the way.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 48: Rescuing Tracy Again Part 2, - The Mission and More Help​

Wes's POV

We get off the bikes and head down the hallway till it splits off in two directions.

"Let's split up into teams of two," I say.

"What do we do if one team finds Tracy? I'm sure the Mesogog will be able to hear us," Jen says.

"We'll have to risk it, Jen, while one team deals with what Mesogog sends to distract us the others will rescue Tracy," I say.

Okay, so who is going with who?" Tommy asks.

"I'll team up with Tommy. I haven't had a chance to work alongside him," Jen says.

"Well, Eric, it looks like we're partners," I say.

Eric and I go to the left while Jen and Tommy go to the right.

Tracy's POV

I start to feel dizzy and turn my head to see nothing but blurry blobs. I look back up at the ceiling as my eyes begin to get heavy. A few seconds later everything turns black. I hear an evil laugh as I feel someone take my Dino Gem off my wrist. I try to wake up, but my body won't let me.

"You can turn off the machine now Zeltrax," a new voice says.

"Yes, Lord Mesogog," Zeltrax says.

My body slowly regains some strength when I hear the machine turn off. I try one more time to wake up. This time I'm able to open my eyes and make out Dr. O run in then kicks Zeltrax and catch my Dino Gem before it hits the floor. My vision returns to normal, and I'm a bit confused when I see another Pink Ranger and Two Red Rangers standing around me as some T-Drones appear in front of Zeltrax and a freaky looking lizard man.

"Wes, we'll deal with the Tyranodrones and the others. You help Tracy," Dr. O says.

"You got it, Tommy," one of the Red Rangers says.

The second red ranger turns around. His suit and helmet have a red arrow on them. He unhooks the restraints and helps me down off the chair.

"Wes, I didn't think your powers were still active," I say.

"They are and don't worry, Tracy, we'll have you out of here soon," Wes says.

"How did you find me?"

"Circuit located your signal,"

"When we get back I'll have to thank him,"

"Can you walk?"

I take a few steps before my legs turn to jelly. I start to fall to the floor. Wes catches me before I hit the floor. He puts my left arm around his shoulder and helps me out of the room. We go down the hallway, and I smile when I see my bike.

"Should we try to contact Hayley?"

"After the others get back,"

We wait three more minutes before Dr. O, and the other Rangers show up. Dr. O hands me back my gem. I put it back on my wrist. A few seconds later I feel a sudden rush of power flow through me like my Ranger powers were coming back. We turn around when we hear some T-drones walking up. I want to morph but remember that I can't since I don't have my morpher.

"We should get out of here," Wes says.

"Good call, Hayley," Dr. O says.

"I'm on it," Hayley says.

I hear the portal open. I walk over to my bike, but another dizzy spell hits me. I fall towards the floor again, but this time the pink ranger catches me.

"Thanks," I say.

"No Problem, I'm Jen," the Pink Ranger says.

"Jen, you can talk after we get back to the lab," Wes shouts.

Jen helps me onto the bike, and she climbs on too then we drive through the portal.

Normal POV

Tracy is semiconscious as they enter the lab. Hayley asks Jen to bring her over to the exam table so she can examine Tracy. Jen helps Tracy over to the exam table after Tracy collapses for the third time since the group rescued her. Wes carries Tracy over to to the cot he set up, then rejoins the group.

"So, is Tracy going to be okay?" Wes asks.

"She is going to be fine, Wes. It looks like some of the evil coating on her gem is missing," Hayley answers.

"What does that mean?" Jen asks.

"I think some of her power may be active," Hayley replies.

"We'll have to wait for her to wake up to find out," Tommy says.

"So, Tommy, you wouldn't mind if we stayed to help out," Eric asks.

"It would be great to get back to action things are pretty quiet back home," Wes adds.

"Sure, my team could learn a lot fighting alongside you," Tommy says.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 49: Tracy's Singing Issue part 1- Voice Cracking​

Normal POV

The next morning the Rangers arrive at school and head to their lockers. Tracy is happy that her Ranger powers will be back soon. She is disappointed that her Dino Gem powers haven't returned to full strength yet. She tried to test them before school and wasn't even able pick up one of the bookshelves in Dr. Oliver's living room. As she finishes putting her things away, Tracy sees Amber walk up from the corner of her eye. Tracy turns around after closing her locker door and gathering her things for homeroom.

"Hey, Amber, what's up?"

"I was wondering if you had any idea when I'll get a chance to morph?" Amber asks.

Tracy feels her heart nearly leap out of her chest as she sees Cassidy and Devin turn the corner. She quickly covers Amber's mouth with her left hand as they walk up to them.

"Why would Amber be asking you about when she is going to morph?" Cassidy asks.

"Becuase she was asking me if I have even seen that bit from Animaniacs where they did a parody of The Power Rangers," Tracy answers.

"Oh Super Strong Warner Siblings I loved that bit," Devin says.

Tracy happily cheers inside her head when she sees the rest of her friends walk up.

"Yeah, I loved Animaniacs, the Bumbie's mom one a good one too," Ethan says.

"I always like the 'Good Idea, Bad Idea" bits," Conner adds.

"I enjoyed this trip down nostalgia lane, but we really should get to class before we're all late," Devin says.

Tracy takes her hands away from Amber's mouth after she sees Devin lead Cassidy away from the group and they were far enough down the hall where they couldn't hear them anymore. Then Tracy lets a long sigh of relief.

"What was that for?" Amber asks.

"We have to keep our 'after school club' a secret from the rest of the school, remember?" Tracy answers.

"I'm sorry, Trac, I'm just excited," Amber apologizes.

"It's fine just keep your voice down. I don't want to be a part of another news story for the school, alright," Tracy says.

Amber nods and the group heads to class. Before Dr. Oliver starts his lecture, Conner and the others ask Tracy if she had received any real acceptance letters from the schools she had applied to before she moved Reefside. She tells them that she got into Michigan State. The school is offering her a full ride scholarship for her first year of class and a softball scholarship too.

"Tracy, that's great," Trent says.

"Yeah, congrats," Ethan adds.

"So have you decided what your major is going to be?" Kira asks.

"Music Education," Tracy answers.

"Sounds like a good choice to me," Kira says.

Tracy's POV

I couldn't focus in Dr. Oiver's class today since I wasn't sure if Mike even remembers that he is supposed to fight alongside us to defeat Mesogog. Kira and I walk into Miss May's class. She asks me to sing first today, and I'm a little nervous the last time I sang a G note my voice cracked. I walk over to Miss May's laptop and plug in my IPod. I picked "Somewhere Out There." When I get to the end where the high note is as I start to sing it my voice cracks, so Miss May stops the song and walks over to me. She hands me my Ipod and slowly put it back in my pocket.

"I think you should sit out the rest of class today. I'd hate for you to damage your vocal cords,"

I nod and walk back to my seat. Kira looks over at me and asks,"Do you know why your voice just cracked?"

"No, but I hope there isn't something seriously wrong with my voice,"

"Me too," Kira says.

The rest of music class flies by, as I hear the bell ring. Kira and I leave to go to our lockers. I 'm nervous about going to the doctors since I'm still on the fence about knowing what is wrong with my voice. The rest of the school day the only thing on my mind is am I ever going to be able to sing again. I texted my parents during lunch and mom replied that she was able to schedule an appointment with my doctor at five. I need to drive myself there, and they'd meet me to give me some support. When I arrive and walk into the waiting room and sit down in one of the chairs to wait for my parents to show up, then one of the nurses walks up to me, and she says, "Tracy after your mother called and explained what happened to your doctor. He suggested that you see our ENT physician."

The nurse walks back to her desk. I look to my left to see my parents walk in. They sit down next to me, and we wait for the doctor to come out. Twenty minutes later we leave the doctor's office. It turns out I have nodules on my vocal cords. I'm glad that I didn't need surgery to have them removed. The doctor set me up with an appointment with a vocal therapist that would teach me the proper techniques so the nodules I have now can heal properly and prevent any from returning in the future.

I promised Hayley that I'd sing at the cybercafe on Friday. I hope she won't be mad at me since I'm going to have to cancel.

​​​​​I promised Hayley that I'd sing at the cybercafe on Friday. I hope she won't be mad at me since I'm going to have to cancel.

I drive to the Cybercafe after telling my mom not to save me some dinner I'll get a smoothie. I park my car and walk inside to see Kira rocking on stage with her band. I sit down at the bar and let out a long sigh. After the applause fades, I feel someone place their hand on my right shoulder. I jump and nearly fall off my stool.

"Sorry, Tracy, I didn't mean to scare you," Dr. Oliver says.

"It's okay, Dr. O,"

"So Kira told me what happened in music class today, so what did the doctor say?" Dr. Oliver asks.

"I have nodules on vocal cords. I'm sorry Hayley. I'm going to have to cancel my performance on Friday,"

"It's okay Tracy. I hate it if you lose your voice or damaging it from performing here on Friday. Just focus on your recovery for now," Hayley says.

"Thank you, Hayley," I say trying to smile.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 50: Tracy's Singing Issues, Part 2- Surgery?!​

Normal POV

Tracy has finished a week of vocal therapy and gone back to the doctor. She and her parents are waiting in the exam room for the doctor to come in. Tracy nervously taps the heels of her shoes against the front of the big black chair which is next to the where the scope the doctor used to look at her vocal cords. Christi looks away from her watch and sees her husband trying to calm down their nervous and scared daughter. She knows that Tracy is more worried than she is to find out whether or not she can sing at the concert at school in two weeks. She gets up from her chair and walks over to her. She sees a few tears start to form in Tracy's eyes as she looks up at her. Christi wraps her arms around her, and gives her a soft hug in an attempt to calm her fears, as well as her nerves.

"Mom, I think we should just go back home." Tracy says.

"Honey, I know you're scared, but we need to know if the therapy worked," Christi says.

Tracy is about to try again to convince her to leave, when she hears the hinges on the door squeak. As the doctor walks in, he is carrying the clipboard in his hands. The doctor walks over to Tracy and her mom.

"Tracy, are you ready?"The doctor asks.

Tracy tries to remain positive and nods. Christi walks back over to her husband so the doctor can work. After he completes the full head and neck part of the exam, the Doctor numbs one side of Tracy's nose with the spray. Tracy gets into the proper position so the doctor can get the best results for her test before he slides the scope inside. He looks over at the screen and isn't too impressed by what he sees. Tracy slowly sits back after the doctor removes the scope.

"So, doctor, can I sing at the last choir concert at school?" Tracy asks.

"I'm afraid it will depend on how well your vocal cords heal if you choose to go through with the surgery to remove the nodules," The doctor answers.

Tears start to stream down Tracy's cheeks. Benjamin gets up from his chair, and goes over to Tracy to give his daughter a hug, since his heart is breaking hearing her cry. Tracy sets her head on her dad's chest as more tears continue to flow from her eyes.

"So, if we go through with the surgery, are there any side effects?" Christi says.

"It's a minor procedure, but there is a slight chance that her voice may be permanently altered. I'll give you time to decide what to do. If you decide to go through with it, I'll call one of my fellow colleagues Dr. Calhoun. He is one of the best surgeons in the state and he lives here in Reefside," The doctor says.

"Thank you doctor," Christi says.

The doctor nods before he leaves the room. After Tracy calmed down, they leave the office and Tracy gets into her car and drives to Dr. Oliver's to fill the team in on what just happened.

Tracy's POV

I still can't believe that the only option I have now is surgery to remove the nodules on my vocal cords. When I pull into Dr. Oliver's driveway, I see a new car parked next to Dr. O's jeep. I walk up to the front door and knock on it. Dr. O opens the door and invites me in. We walk to the kitchen and I see Kimberly sitting at the table.

"Hi, Tracy, how are you? Tommy just told me that you found out last week that you have nodules on your vocal cords," Kimberly says.

"Not too good, Kimberly. I just visited the doctor. Actually, I was hoping that the team would be here. I have some news that could change how the team operates," I say, trying my best not to sound over dramatic.

"I take it, from the tear stains under your eyes, that the news wasn't what you were hoping," Kimberly says.

Dr. Oliver calls the others over his morpher and everyone tells him they're on their way. We leave the kitchen and head down to the lab. When we enter I see Circuit is sitting on the perch Hayley made for him. He wakes up and flies over to us.

"Hey, everyone, what's wrong? My scanners haven't picked up any activity from Mesogog." Circuit says.

"Thanks for your help Circuit. Tracy just has something important to tell the team that's all," Dr. Oliver says.

"Okay, Tommy, " Circuit says, flying back over to his perch.

I sit down in one of the chairs in front of the computers. I know there is no point in asking Circuit to tell me what is going to happen to my voice if I decide to go through with the surgery. The whole not being allowed to talk about the future since it will mess up the time space continuum or something like that scares me. I wish Jen would let him do it just this once. The next ten minutes feel like an eternity, I let out a long sigh of relief when I hear someone come down the stairs. I look up to see Wes, Jen and Eric come down.

"Hey, Wes," I say sadly.

"What's wrong with her?" Eric asks.

"She just got back from the doctor to find out whether or not her vocal nodules healed," Dr. Oliver says.

"Got it," Eric says.

They walk over to us. I look back down at my lap. I look up again when I hear my friends' voices as they come down the stairs.

"I wonder what Tracy is going to tell us," Conner says.

"Yeah, I hope she's going to say that we are going to get to hear her sing at the choir concert," Amber says.

"Me too," Kira adds.

I slowly stand up when they walk over to me.

"Okay, Tracy, spill. What did the doctor say?" Amber says eagerly.

I take a deep breath and let it out slowly, then hope I don't start crying again like I did at the doctor's office. "I have bad news, the therapy didn't work. My vocal nodules looked worse than they did a week ago. So, the only other option I have is to have surgery to remove them. I haven't decided if I'm going to do it."

"It seems pretty obvious to just have the surgery," Conner interrupts.

"Conner, you didn't let me finish. There is a chance after the surgery my voice won't sound the same,"

"It would just be temporary, right?" Amber asks.

"No, Amber, it would be permanent." I answer.

"So, what are you going to do?" Ethan asks.

I'm about to answer when the alarm goes off and Circuit flies over too. He lands on the headrest of my chair. He brings up the image on the screen behind me. Dr. Oliver, Wes, Jen, Eric and I turn around as the others gather around us. We look at the monitor and see what Mesogog has made to terrorize the city.

"Mesogog has sent his newest monster and its attacking downtown," Circuit says.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 51: Purple Ranger Debut Part 1, - The Archelo Launcher​

Normal POV

"Finally, I get to make my debut and morph for the first time," Amber says eagerly.

The team lines up and Amber accidentally stands where Conner normally does. Tracy watches their bracelets turn into their morphers. She sees Amber's Archelon morpher for the first time. Amber opens the mouth on it and mimics Conner's movement as they shout, "Dino Thunder Power Up," A few moments later, Amber is in her purple ranger suit and the newest ranger is admiring how it looks from underneath her helmet. Amber's suit has the pattern of the Archelon's shell around the center symbol. The helmet is the same shape as the others, but has the shell pattern is slightly raised, so it looks like armor going all the way around it. Also, the visor looks like the Archelon's mouth.

"Wow, Amber, your Ranger suit looks so cool," Tracy says.

"I know, now I can't wait to see what my signature weapon look like," Amber says.

The group gets onto their vehicles. Dr. Oliver tells Amber she'll have to ride with Trent till Hayley gets a chance to build her a bike. After the team leaves through the portal, Tracy activates her morpher, looks down at it and lets out a long sigh.

First Mike gets turned evil, then I lose my Ranger powers and now I might lose my singing voice. I'm starting to think that the universe doesn't want me to be a superhero or become a famous vocal coach. Tracy thinks.

Circuit contacts the future and Jen asks Alex if he can send her and Wes their bikes.

"Of course Jen, I'll be there soon," Alex says.

After Circuit signs off, Jen walks over to the stairs. Wes walks over to her and puts his hand on her shoulder. Tracy slowly looks up at him.

"How about you join us?" Wes says.

"I guess so, since I can't help the others," Tracy says.

She and Wes go over to the stairs. The trio heads to the lake since it's the only spot big enough for the ship to land. They reach the lake and Tracy tries to look impressed when she sees the time ship come out of the time portal.

"No offense Jen, I thought the ship would look a little cooler since it's from the future and all," Tracy says.

"None taken," Jen says.

"How did the bikes even fit on the ship?" Tracy asks.

"Why don't you see for yourself," Alex says, walking up to the carrying a briefcase.

Alex sets the case down on the ground and opens it. Tracy eyes nearly pop out of their sockets when she sees the tiny pink and Red bikes inside the case, "Okay now, that's really cool, but how to do make them big again?"

"How about I show you?" Trip says.

Jen runs up to him and gives Trip a big hug.

"It's good to see you too, Jen," Trip gasps,"Could you let me go now?"

Jen chuckles and lets him go. They rejoin the others, and Tracy sees Trip press a button on his morpher. Then a red beam of light comes out of it, the bikes float out of the case, and become regular size when their tires touch the ground.

-Welcome To Reefside-​

Meanwhile, downtown, the Rangers arrive. Amber is the first to see the monster. It looks like a prehistoric shark.

"What's that thing?" Amber asks.

Wes, Jen and Tracy arrive a few moments later. Tracy runs over to her, "It looks like a Cretoxyrhina, the only predator of the Archelon,"

"So how am I supposed to fight it?" Amber asks.

"Try using your weapon," Tracy suggests.

"How do I do that?" Amber asks.

They look over at Conner and see him call for his Tyrano Staff. Amber looks back at the monster and calls for her weapon. A mini crossbow with a dial on the side near the trigger appears in front of her. Then she looks at the dial and sees the different settings: Barrage, Shock, Blind, Blind and Shock.

"What should I call it?" Amber asks.

"How does Archelo Launcher sound?' Tracy says.

"It has a nice ring to it, now let's see what the Archelo Launcher can do," Amber says confidently.

Amber sets the dial to the shock setting, aims it at the monster and pulls the trigger. The girls see a disc fly towards the monster. When it hits the monster, a bolt of electricity shocks it.

"Wow, let's see what the blind setting does," Tracy says.

Amber turns the dial to blind, and pulls the trigger again. Another disc flies towards the monster after she pulls the trigger. This time the monster punches the disc, and ink splatters on the monster's face when it shatters.

"That mode could come in handy," Tracy says.

A few seconds later an invisiportal opens, and Tracy's heart drops when she sees Mike as the green ranger. Along with Elsa appears in between them and the monster. After Mike summons his tro-bow, he points it at her chest. Tracy grabs Amber's weapon and turns the dial to the barrage setting. She looks up and watches Mike pulls back the string on his bow. Tracy's finger shakes on the trigger of the Archelo launcher.

Oh no, my nightmares are coming true - sort of. Tracy thinks.

She slowly raises the Archelo Launcher so it's at the same angle as Mike weapon, but Tracy's finger shakes on the trigger as she presses down on it. They watch several discs shoot out simultaneously towards Mike and Elsa.

Mike, I don't want to hurt you. I'm sorry, but I need to defend myself from what I know is going to happen next. Tracy thinks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 52: Purple Ranger Debut Part 2, - How To Break Rita's Spell​
This chapter is shorter than my others but enjoy anyway.

Normal POV

Amber stands in shock as Elsa draws out her sword. Mesogog's henchwoman slashes them. All the pieces of the discs land in a big pile in front of her. Tracy brings the newest member of the team back to reality when she pokes her in the ribs with the Archelo Launcher before handing it back to her.

"Amber, I want you to set the Archelo Launcher to shock. Then, fire it at them again," Tracy says.

"Tracy, I can't do that. We don't know what will happen to Mike," Amber argues.

"You have to trust me. Mike will find the strength to fight off Rita's spell and dodge the discs." Tracy says.

Amber slowly turns the knob on the Archelo Launcher to shock. The only problem is she isn't sure if this is the best way to handle the situation. Elsa notices that the purple ranger is hesitating to attack them due to the fear of hurting the green rangers. She decides to summon up the strongest bolt of lightning she can, and it flies towards the girls.

"Amber watch out!" Wes shouts.

The girls look up. Amber stands like a deer caught in the headlights as she sees the bolt of lightning coming towards them. Tracy quickly pushes Amber out of the way and takes the full force of the blast.

"No!" The team shouts.

The kick back sends Tracy flying. She knows that screaming is bad for her vocal cords, but a scream still comes out of her mouth as she heads towards the wall of a building near her. Wes runs over to the wall and stands in front of it. Tracy mentally prepares herself for the pain she is about to feel when she hits the wall. She is surprised when she doesn't feel the texture of the wall on her skin. Instead, she feels the smoothness of the fabric of Wes's suit. Then she hears him groan as he hits the wall, but everything turns to blurry blobs due to her beginning to lose consciousness. Wes looks down at her and notices that she is fighting to stay awake.

"Thanks for the save," Tracy says weakly.

A few moments later, Wes feels Tracy's body go limp in his arms. He slowly stands up as Jen runs up to them.

"Wes, we should take her back to the lab. The others can handle the rest." Jen says.

Wes nods and they leave the battle. Amber tries to follow them since she feels like she let everyone down - especially Tracy. She goes a few steps and Elsa runs up to her and grabs her by the waist. When Tommy runs up to help her, Elsa holds the tip of her sword up against her neck.

"Sorry Tommy, but the Purple Ranger is coming with me. You'll see her again after she gives us her Dino gem." Elsa says.

The next thing Tommy sees is an invisportal opening behind them. Elsa slowly walks backward into the portal. Mike quickly runs over to it and jumps inside just as it closes. Tommy demorphs as the others run over to him.

"Let's regroup at the lab," Tommy says.

The group nods. They arrive at the lab and see that Kimberly, Wes and Tracy aren't in the room.

"Is Tracy okay?" Kira asks.

"I contacted my doctor and he gave her a checkup. He said that she'll be fine once she wakes up." Wes says walking down the stairs.

"That's good, so how do we break Rita's spell over Mike?" Conner asks.

"Yeah, I'm not sure how long we can go being down three Rangers," Ethan adds.

"I have a suggestion," Kimberly says, walking down the stairs over to Tommy.

"What is it, Kim?" Tommy asks.

"Maybe we could try using the same tactic we used when Rita had you under her spell," Kimberly answers.

"You mean we have to destroy his weapon?" Kira asks.

"Yes, Kira, that is exactly what I was thinking," Kimberly says.

"Did Dr. O loses his powers after you did that?" Trent asks.

"Yes, I did Trent, but it's a risk we have to take in order to bring him back to our side," Tommy answers.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 53: Purple Ranger Debut Part 3, - Trusting Your Instincts​

Amber's POV

I slowly open my eyes and try to sit up. A few moments later, I realize that I'm strapped down to a chair with a strange machine hovering over my head. I turn my head to look around to discover that I'm in a weird evil high school science lab. I hear a door slide open then evil chuckles before I see Elsa, Mike, and a mutated lizard face looking down at me after I look back up towards the ceiling.

"Mike, you have to fight Rita's spell,"

"I'm sorry purple Ranger, the Mike you knew is gone," Mike says in an evil tone.

"So, who is the lizard dude?"

"I'm Mesogog, and you'll help me get the other Dino Gems," Mesogog says.

"Why would I give you what you need to destroy our planet?"

"Because you wouldn't want the Pink Ranger to get destroyed do you?" Mike asks.

Tracy's POV

My eyes dart open, and I look around to find out that I'm in the guest room at Dr. Oliver's house. I take my glasses off the nightstand then get out the bed. I still have a little headache I figure is from getting hit by Elsa's lightning blast. After I rub my temples a few time, I leave the room and walk out to my car. I'm about to put the key in the lock when I hear, "What do you think you're going?" I jump and drop the key. I pick them up and turn around to see Wes standing behind me.

"Nowhere, just going for a drive to think about stuff,"

"Not buying it, you're going to find someone to guard the silver Dino gem," Wes says.

"You got me, but how did you know?"

"Just a hunch, but I'm not sure that your plan will work. Don't the Dino gems choose the person?" Wes asks.

"Sometimes they do. We're already down two Rangers. We're going to be down another soon since I decided that I'm going to have the surgery done."

"Who do you have in mind for the Silver Ranger?" Wes asks.

"I'll explain on the way to Cybercafe."

"Fine, but I'm driving," Wes says gesturing to me to give him the keys.

"Why can't I drive?"

"I'm just following what the doctor said. He told Kimberly and me to make sure you didn't do anything too strenuous for the next few days." Wes says.

"I'm fine, all I have is a headache that's all," I argue.

A few moments later, a huge dizzy spell hits, so I lean up against the door to wait for it to pass. After I recover, Wes walks up to me and holds out his hand. I sigh in defeat and hands over the keys. I walk over to the passenger side and get in after Wes unlocks the door. I buckle my seatbelt, then Wes starts the car, and we head to the Cybercafe.

"So, why are we going to the Cybercafe?" Wes asks.

"I want to talk to Devin,"

"Who is he?" Wes asks.

"He works at the school news station as the camera man. I know it's risky, but my instincts can't be wrong. He was the only other person besides the others rangers who was nice to me after the video of my first date with Mike was shown to the whole school, and I became the butt of everyone's jokes."

"Do you think he'll believe you when you tell him that you're a Power Ranger?" Wes asks as we stop at a signal.

"Honestly, I hope so,"

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 54: Telling Devin​
Tracy's POV

Wes parks the car and I start to feel my stomach do backflips as I undo my seatbelt. I get out and walk to the front door of the cafe. A few moments later I feel someone tap me on the shoulder. I know screaming isn't a good idea since it could damage my voice even more, so I bite my cheek before I turn around. I see Hayley standing behind me and I let out a long sigh of relief as I place my hand over my heart.

"Geez, Hayley, thanks for the mini heart attack,"

"Sorry, Tracy I didn't mean to scare you. Why are you here?" Hayley says.

"I called Devin and asked him to meet me here. I was going to tell him about my other after-school activity," I reply.

"Why did you tell the others about your plan?" Hayley asks.

"I was a little afraid that they would think I'm crazy for trusting Devin with this information," I answer, "So, why are you here?"

"I still need to do a truck order for next week,"

I let her unlock the door and we walk inside. I sit down on the couch underneath the window to wait for Devin. I take a few deep breathes trying to get myself to calm down. I take out my phone and see that I still have five minutes till he gets here.

I hope that Devin will come alone. If Cassidy shows up, I'll end up on the news at school again.

I look up, from my phone, and see that Hayley has the stage set up for Kira and her band to play. I start to think about the surgery again. I try not to think of the worse case scenario, but I'm scared that I might not be able to sing again after the surgery. Luckily, my thoughts are interrupted when I hear the door tap against the wall. I turn my head to see Devin walk in. I wave to him and he comes over.

"So, what is this big news you wanted to tell me?" Devin asks.

"I'm sure you already know about the nodules on my vocal cords,"

"Yes, but I heard you where in vocal therapy all last week," Devin says.

"I went to the doctor today and found out that the therapy didn't work,"

"Does that mean you'll need surgery to remove them?" Devin asks.

"Yes, but that isn't the only thing I wanted to tell you," I take deep breath before I continue, "I'm not sure if you're going to believe me if I tell you, but I'm a Power Ranger,"

"Tracy, quit kidding around," Devin chuckles, "Don't take this the wrong way even though you're a black belt in karate. I can't picture you as the superhero type,"

I flick my wrist so my morph will activate and raise it up so Devin can see it. He stops chuckling and gasps in disbelief.

"So, can I see you in your suit?" Devin asks.

"I'm sorry Devin, but I can't do that,"

"How come?"

"A coating on my gem is preventing me from morphing, but you'll be a member of the team soon," I say, "If I can convince Conner and the others that you can be trusted to not tell anyone especially Cassidy, about our other "after-school club." Devin. can I trust you?"

Devin's POV

I can't believe that Conner is a Power Ranger. Wait, I could be a Power Ranger? Cassidy is trying to get a job at the local TV station. She did promise to get the identity of one of the rangers. I can't tell her about this. Tracy has been through enough as it is.

"Yes, I won't tell Cassidy you have my word,"

"Great," Tracy says.

Tracy gets up off the couch. Before we leave, Tracy tells me to ask Hayley if she can keep my scooter locked up inside the cafe while we go to 'the lab' to meet up with the others. Hayley says yes. After I put my scooter in the hallway, between the front door and the main entrance, Tracy and I walk to her car. I see a guy get out of the driver's side and walk up to us.

"Devin, this is Wes," Tracy says.

"Nice to meet you, Devin," Wes says, holding out his right hand.

I shake his hand and see he has something on his wrist. It wasn't a watch. "Hi, Wes, what is that on your wrist?"

"It's my Chrono morpher," Wes says.

"He is a Power Ranger too," I gasp.

"Yes, and he isn't the only one I'll get a chance to destroy," an evil voice says.

Tracy and I turn around and see a green power ranger along with some of those weird things that attacked Ethan that one time.

"Mike, you have to fight it. You're not evil," Tracy says.

"Mike is a Power Ranger too," I gasp.

"Yes, and those things coming at us are called Tyrannodrones," Tracy says.

I look over at Tracy and see her rubbing her temples like she is trying to fight off a dizzy spell. I quickly move to get behind her as she starts to lose her balance. A few seconds later, she falls backward, and I catch her before she hits the ground.

"Devin, take Tracy somewhere safe," Wes says.

"You got it, Wes,"

I take Tracy back inside the cafe and lay her down on the couch.

If Mike is a Power Ranger, why is he fighting for the wrong side? Once Tracy wakes up I'm sure she'll explain everything. Man, I hope the others won't freak out when they find out that Tracy told me about their secret.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 55: Dino Power Discovery​

Normal POV

At the lab, Circuit scanners pick up the green Dino Gems energy signal.

"I just picked up an energy reading that is the same as your Dino Gem Tommy," Circuit says.

"It must be Mike," Tommy says.

"Where is it coming from?" Kira asks.

"Outside somewhere called Hayley's Cyberspace," Circuit says.

"Why would Mesogog attack there?" Kimberly says.

"I'm not sure, but we need to check it out," Conner says.

"Right let's go," Ethan says.

The Dino Ranger and Jen leave to investigate. Kimberly looks over at Tracy's morpher on the table near the wall that conceals the other entrance to the lab.

"Circuit, do you think that you could figure out a way for me to use Tracy's Ranger powers temporarily?" Kimberly asks.

"You were a pink ranger before, so after the coating on the gem is gone. You could borrow them if Tracy would be okay with it," Circuit answers.

Meanwhile, at Hayley's, Devin looks down at Tracy as she slowly starts to wake up. Once her vision returns to the way it is without her glasses, Tracy can make out Devin's face.

"Hey, Devin, could you hand me my glasses please," Tracy says.

"Sure," Devin says.

Tracy sits up as Devin takes her glasses off the coffee table and hands them to her. She puts them on. Now that everything around her isn't a bunch of blurry blobs, she sees a distressed look on Devin's face before he looks away.

"Devin, are you okay?" Tracy asks.

Devin lets out a long sigh before looking at her again and says "I should be asking you that, but yes I'm okay. Just worried about how the others are going to react once they find out about your decision."

Wes's POV

I manage to defeat all the Tyrnodrones. I turn around and see Mike charge at me. He grabs me by the neck. Then he starts to punch me in the stomach with his free hand. He hits me several times before he throws me and I fly through the air. I hear Mike summon his weapon.

Amber's POV

Zeltrax and I are standing in front of Mesogog who is sitting on his thrown. My wrists are chafing since Zeltrax tied the ropes around them too tight. I'm scared I might lose feeling in my hands soon.

"But, Lord Mesogog, I thought we were going to use her to get the other gems?" Zeltrax asks.

"I have a different plan to get the other gems." Mesogog smirks, "Now get rid of her,"

The next thing I know, I see a portal open in front of us. Zeltrax pushes me, and we walk into it. Then we are at the beach, and Zeltrax picks me up. The next thing I know I'm sinking to the bottom of the ocean.

Normal POV

Mike sees several laser blasts hit the arrows. They split in half and the pieces land in a pile on the ground. He growls through his teeth and lets out a frustrated groan a few seconds later. Jen rides in. She quickly stops the bike, jumps off the seat into the air and catches Wes.

"Nice timing Jen and thanks for the save," Wes says.

Jen sets him on the ground. He stands up, and they turn around to see one of Elsa's lightning bolts coming at them. Mike shoots some more arrows at them as well. Wes and Jen fly through the air and land unmorphed on the ground after slamming into the wall. Wes pushes himself up, but his vision is getting blurry. He can barely make out Mike as the green ranger walks up to him.

"You two weren't as tough as I thought you would be. Now I'm off to get the pink dino gem," Mike says.

Mike's evil chuckles echo in his mind as everything quickly fades to black. The green ranger turns around and sees Kimberly standing behind him.

"What do you want?" Mike asks.

Amber's POV

I need to figure out how to get free before I drown. I know opening my eyes underwater is a bad idea, but I try anyway. I slowly open my eyes, and I'm shocked that I can see clearly. A few seconds later I feel my heart rate slow down and I think I am dying. Then I look down and see water going into the blood vessels near my lymph nodes on my neck. The next thing I know I can breathe.

A few seconds later I see a giant Archleon swimming up to me. It bites through the ropes.

Did my zord just save me? Also, did I discover my dino power too?

I swim over to it. I stop in front of its head. Then I melt into it. I stand up. The water drips off my hair and clothes. It makes a big puddle. The first thing I see as I look around is a purple orb in front of me. Then metal walls, smaller beams are lighting up. There is one more purple sphere in the middle it has dino footprint in the middle.

So, this is what my zord cockpit looks like not bad.

I walk over to the big purple orb and put my hands on it. Then my zord starts to swim faster and takes me to safety.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 56: Why did you pick Devin?​

Amber's POV

My zord stops when I take my hands off of the purple orb. The next thing I know I'm laying face down on the beach. As I stand up, I hear a splashing sound as my zord swims away. I look around and am surprised to discover that I ended up at the beach behind my house.

Did my zord tap into my subconscious mind and bring me here?

I walk over to the stairs leading to the backyard, my seven-year-old sister, Mari, standing at the top. She has a shocked expression on her face and asks, "Did that giant sea turtle just spit you out onto the beach?"

Some debut as the purple ranger: I get kidnapped, discover my dino powers and get rescued by my zord. Tracy got hurt because of me. I can't tell Mari or my parents - it's too risky. If Mesogog finds out that she or my parents know I'm a ranger, Mari could get hurt, and if that happens, Mom will ground me till I'm 21.

"Mari, you shouldn't be down here by yourself. You know the rules," I say changing the subject.

"Mom said I should stay away from the water." Mari says, "Amber, why do I need a babysitter? I can take care of myself. I'm not a baby."

"Mom and dad, just want to make sure you're safe that's all,"

"I know, so do you want to come with me? I'm going to our secret hideout," Mari says.

"Maybe next time Mari,"

Mari walks down the stairs and hugs me. Then she sprints down the beach. I sit down on the step and try to figure out how to get back to the lab.

Devin's POV

We pull up to a house in the middle of the forest.

"Who's house is this?"

"This is Dr. Oliver's." Tracy answers.

"Wait, is Dr. Oliver a power ranger?"

"Dr. Oliver has been a ranger before," Wes says.

"Really?"

"Yes, he was the green ranger, white, and red ranger twice," Wes says.

We get out and walk inside. Tracy leads us over to a room that has a t-rex skeleton on the counter. She touches it and a trap door open.

"Were does it lead?"

"To the lab," Tracy answers.

We walk down the stairs. I hear several gasps of disbelief and see Conner, Kira, Ethan and Trent's mouth hanging open as we reach the bottom.

"Tracy, did you lose some brain cells during that fight earlier?" Conner snaps.

"Bringing Devin here was a bad idea," Ethan adds.

"You have my word. I won't tell Cassidy. She already humiliated Tracy once with that video of her date with Mike. I don't want to see how the student body will react if they find out your secret."

"Guy, we are running out of students we can trust to protect the silver dino gem. It's either Devin or some random freshman. I believe Dustin is the best option we have. I can't believe that my teammates and friends don't trust me." Tracy says.

"Tracy has a point, she wouldn't have brought Devin here is she wasn't confident that he couldn't be trusted to keep our secret," Dr. Oliver says.

"Before we trust Devin, shouldn't we make sure that the gem will bond with him?" Conner asks.

Tracy leads me over to a table that has the Silver Dino gem sitting on a baseball display stand. As we get close to it, I look over at Tracy and she nods reassuringly. I look back over at the gem and then slowly reach out my hand see it start to glow.

"Is the glowing a good sign?" I ask.

"Yes," Tracy answers.

I hear a dinosaur roar as I pick up the dino gem. I see a vision of a dinosaur with a horn-like crest on its head that walks on two legs. When it fades, I look back over at Tracy.

"So, the dinosaur vision is another good sign, right?"

"Yes, that means the gem is starting to bond to you," Dr. Oliver says, "What did it look like?"

I tell Dr. Oliver what I saw, and he says that the dinosaur is called a Tsintaosaurus.

"I'll get to work building you a morpher," Hayley says.

"So, what do we do while she is doing that?"

"We should try to locate Amber," Tracy says.

"Amber from the Softball team, she is a ranger too?"

"Yes, she is purple," Tracy says.

A robot owl flies over to us. It lands on Tracy's shoulder.

"Tracy, who is the owl?"

"His name is Circuit," Tracy says.

"I have good news my scanners picked up a signal from Amber's morpher," Circuit says.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chpater 57: Tracy's Dino Powers Return Part 1, - Decisions and a White Lie​

Tracy's POV

"Where is it Circuit?"

"8862 Queen St," Circuit answers.

"That's Amber's house, how did she get there?"

"You'll just have to ask her when we go to pick her up," Wes says.

"Okay, but can we go in the jeep you drove here?"

"Sure, let's go," Wes says.

"Can I tag along too?" Devin asks.

I nod. We leave the lab. As we walk out the front door, I stop before going down the steps. Devin turns around and asks, "You are going to call your parents aren't you?"

"Yes, I'll meet you in the car,"

Devin nods and turns back around heading towards the jeep. I take out my phone and dial mom's number. I sit down on the step and tap my foot listening to the line ringing.

"Hi, sweetie," Mom says.

"Mom, I've made a list of pros and cons to going through with the surgery.."

"Tracy your father and I know how difficult it was for you make this decision. I'm proud of you." Mom says.

"Thanks, mom,"

"I'll call Dr. Calhoun and see when he is available to do the surgery," Mom says.

"You and dad won't kick me out if something goes wrong with the surgery will you?"

"Tracy, we'll love you no matter what happens to your voice." Mom says, "Also, your friends won't turn their backs on you either."

"Mom, next time could you ask permission before you enter my brain," I joke, "I got to go Power Ranger business,"

Before we hang up, Mom says shell text me after she calls Dr. Calhoun and gets the information about the surgery. She also says that she loves me. I tell her I love her too. Then put my phone away and walk over to the jeep. After buckling up, Wes turns it on, and we pull out of the driveway

"So, Wes have you heard of Dr. Calhoun?"

"Yes I have, he is one of the best surgeons in Silver Hills," Wes answers.

"Is he a popular surgeon?"

"Yes," Wes says.

I hope I can get this surgery done this week because I'd like to get it over with as soon as possible.

"If he is in Silver Hills then he knows about the Power Rangers since that is where your team battled Ransic, right?"

"Yes," Wes says.

Thank goodness, so I won't have to lie about how I got all the others injuries then. That's good I'm a terrible liar. Also, I hope my dino powers come back soon.

Ten minutes later we pull into the driveway to Amber's house. I get out and walk around to the backyard and see Amber sitting on the steps leading to the beach.

Amber's POV

I hear someone walking up, so I stand up and turn around to see Tracy.

"Hey, Tracy, what are you doing here?"

"Circuit picked up the signal from your morpher," Tracy answers, "How did you escape?"

I tell Tracy about Zeltrax tossing me into the ocean. Then about discovering my Dino POwers, seeing my zord for the first time and it helping me get to safety.

"That's amazing so what is your dino power?" Tracy asks.

"I can breathe underwater,"

Tracy tells me that Devin is going to be the silver ranger. We walk into the house so I can change out of my wet clothes before we head to the lab. We head upstairs to my room. Tracy sits down at my desk and asks, "So, what are you going to tell your mom when she asks you how you got here?"

"You'll find out when we head back downstairs to go out to your car."

I go to my bathroom to change. After I put my wet clothed into the hamper and we walk back downstairs. I'm hoping we get outside quick enough so mom won't see us. I'm about to put my hand on the doorknob when I hear mom's voice.

"Amber, when did you get back I didn't hear you pull in," Mom says.

I turn around and quickly think of a white lie to tell her to avoid having to admit that Tracy and I are Power Rangers.

"That's because Tracy car is super quiet. We decide to carpool to the library to work on our extra credit project for Dr. Oliver's class."

"Okay, just be home in time for dinner," mom says.

"I will,"

I turn back around when I see mom walk towards the kitchen. Tracy and I step outside as I close the door behind us. I see Wes and Devin standing next to a jeep.

"I was wondering what was taking so long. You had to change outfits," Wes says.

"Yes, I thought it would be a good idea since my clothes were wet and had sand on them,"

"So saving Reefside is our 'extra credit project' for Dr. O's class," Tracy says.

"Yeah, sorry I panicked a bit," I say, "So, Devin I hope the others were on board with you joining the team?"

"Not everyone Conner isn't too thrilled," Devin says.

"Let's get going I'm sure everyone wants to hear your story, Amber," Tracy says.

We get into the jeep and drive back to Dr. Oliver's house.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 58: Tracy's Dino Powers Return Part 2, - The Test​

Tracy's POV

I'm happy that Amber got her powers now I hope mine come back. We pull into the driveway to Dr. O's house. After we get out, go into the house, and start walking down the stairs to the lab. I kept the front pocket of my purse open so I could hear when mom texts me. As we reach the bottom of the stairs, I hear The Climb playing through my phone. I nervously take out my phone.

"Is that song you set to alert you when your mom texts you?" Amber asks.

"Yup, so I'm guessing you would want me to read it?"

"Yes, please," Amber says.

"Mom says that Dr. Calhoun said he could do the surgery Saturday morning at 6:00."

"Wow, how did your mom manage to schedule it so soon?" Kira asks.

"She probably told him how important it was for me to have it done as soon as possible so that way I'll be able to sing for the final choir performance and at graduation,"

I put my phone away. Then walk over to the table that has my morpher on it. I take off my bracket, pick up my morpher, go over to Kimberly and hand it to her.

"Kimberly, I know the pink dino gem's power has bonded to me. Since I won't be able to talk for a while after the surgery, would you be able to fill in for me?"

"Is it even possible for Kimberly use Tracy's ranger powers Dr. O?" Ethan asks.

"Yes, but we can't clone the pink dino gem. The morphing grid can't handle duplicating the same power," Dr. O says.

"I'll try to help you out, but I need to remind you that the coating on the pink dino gem needs to be removed before we can do anything," Circuit says.

"How do we know when it's gone other than seeing if Tracy can morph?" Amber asks.

"Amber, you forget that my dino powers aren't working either,"

"So, if your dino powers are working again then that means the coating is gone right?" Amber asks.

"Yes, but I still don't understand how my dino powers could get blocked in the first place. Since I got them when the gem bonded with my DNA,"

"The spell Rita used on you and Mike must have been stronger than the one she used on me." Dr. Oliver says, "But your confusion about how she was able to block your dino powers is still a relevant concern,"

"Is that why Mike can't break free from it? Oh, just a reminder, I'm still not too thrilled about our idea of destroying his weapon to bring him back,"

"Are you sure that's the only way to break Rita's spell over Mike?" Amber asks.

"Yes, since he is working with Mesogog now. We don't have much choice he could tell him the location of the lab," Dr. O says.

"Tracy, back to your dino power problem maybe Rita's spell could be using something else besides her magic to power it since she obviously can't be here in our time," Amber says.

"That's one theory, but what could it be?"

"Maybe it could being powered up by stress," Amber says.

"Amber, how could Rita even know how stress could affect me?"

"Instead of questioning Amber's theory and test it," Dr. O says.

"How?"

"Tracy, we can take a trip to Silver Hills and visit Bio-Lab," Wes says.

"Would your father be okay with us just popping in for a visit?" Tracy asks.

"I'm going to call him right now and explain what's going on," Wes answers.

I hope Mr. Collins will be okay with our team coming to Bio-Lab. I know the pink dino gem needs to be protected by someone who can - talk.

Wes's POV

I called my father and told him about what is happening here in Reefside with the Dino Thunder Rangers. Dad said that he would be happy to assist them so that their team won't be down a member. I thank him for helping then I hang up and put my phone back into my pocket.

"What did you dad say?" Tracy asks.

"He is glad to assist another team of rangers, so we should get going,"

"Okay, but I think only you, me, Eric, Jen, Circuit, and Kimberly should go. That way Reefside won't be defenseless," Tracy says.

"Good idea, but Tracy take the morpher with you just in case," Hayley says.

"I'll stay here and help out till the four of you get back," Jen says.

"Okay, thanks, Jen," Tracy says.

Tommy hands Kimberly a small box, and she puts the morpher inside. Then we leave the lab to head to Silver Hills. Five minutes later I pull onto the freeway. As I look into the rearview mirror to see if I can merge I catch a glimpse of Tracy and she looks nervous, I need to stay focused on the road, so I tap Eric on the shoulder. Eric gives me a 'why did you do that' look. I gesture towards Tracy, and he nods.

"So, Tracy do you know what you're going to go to college for?" Eric asks.

"I was either going back home to Michigan to go to Michigan State to study animal science or go to Jacksonville University to get a Bachelor's of Music degree. The only problem was the letters I got were fake when I called Michigan State and found out that I was put on the waiting list," Tracy answers.

"Being put on the waiting list is good a thing," Kimberly says.

"I know, but I should call the other colleges to see if I was accepted or not to be on the safe side," Tracy says.

"Do you know who wrote the fake letters?" Eric asks.

"No," Tracy answers, "So, what's with the sudden conversation?"

"Wes noticed that you were nervous," Eric says.

"Nervous isn't the right word. I'm scared that my powers still aren't working and all this test will end up being a waste of Wes's father's time," Tracy says

"Tracy, you need to be more confident and have faith that your powers are back," Kimberly says.

Twenty minutes later I pull into the Bio-Lab parking lot. We get out and walk inside to be greeted by my dad.

"Hello again, Albert," Tracy says.

"Hello Tracy, follow me to the room we set up to test your dino powers," Dad says.

Tracy's POV

Wes's dad leads up to one of the labs. As we enter the room, I see another Jeep parallel parked next to a piece of concert barrier you see on the highway.

"Albert, are you sure that you can afford to have one of the jeeps to be used for something like this?"

"Don't worry Tracy, this jeep needs to have some repair work done it so a little more damage to it won't hurt it," Albert says.

"With all due respect Albert, but my test is going to see if I can flip it over the barrier? have you been taking crazy pills?"

"Tracy, I can deduce from your outburst that you're scared, but this is the only test I could come up with at such short notice," Albert says.

"Fine, but for the record, I think with all the scientists you have I'm sure one of them could have come up with a better idea," I sigh.

Kimberly hands me my morpher. I put in on my wrist then walk over to the jeep and pace my hands underneath the frame. I take a deep breath and close my eyes as I push my arm up toward the ceiling. I slowly open my right eye and smile when I see it fly up into the air. The jeep lands sight up and down on the other side of the barrier. I walk over to everyone. Circuit scans my morpher and says, "Tracy, I have good news. My scan shows that the coating on the gem is gone,"

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 59: Mixed Feelings​

Tracy's POV

I'm happy that my dino powers are working again, but now I'm worried that everyone will get so used to having Kimberly fighting along side them they won't want me to be the pink ranger when my voice returns.

Circuit figured out how to unlock my rangers powers I give my morpher to Kimberly. She puts it on her wrist.

"Maybe you should test to make sure the morpher will work," I suggest.

Kimberly flips her wrist, and the morpher appears. She opens the Gigantosaurus' mouth.

"Dino Thunder Power Up," Kimberly shouts.

Kimberly presses the button on the morpher. The mouth closes, and she did a back flip when she lands I try to act happy seeing in the pink ranger suit.

"So, Kimberly, what does it feel like being a ranger again?" Wes asks.

"It's a little strange, but I just need to get used to it again," Kimberly says, "So, at least we know I'm able to use Tracy's powers."

"Yes, so we should head back to Reefseide to tell everyone the good news," Circuit says.

Kimberly demorphs and we go back out to the jeep. The entire ride back I keep thinking about what the others are going to do once they find out that Kimberly can become the pink ranger - again. When Wes pulls into the driveway to Dr. O house, I wait till its dave to get out. Then I open my door and run off into the forest.

Wes's POV

"I thought Tracy is happy that her dino powers are working, and Kimberly can morph. Why did Tracy take off in the forest?" Eric asks.

"I'm not sure Eric."

"When I scanned her gem before my scanner also picked up changes in her hormone levels," Circuits says, "It read that her stress hormones were elevated, but I'm not sure what is causing it,"

"Circuit, senior year of high school is stressful the students have to figure out what they want to go to college for, and on top of that Tracy, Trent, Conner, Kira, Mike, and Ethan have to save Reefside from Mesogog," Wes says.

"I'm sure her upcoming surgery has Tracy stressed out too, so we shouldn't be too concerned right?" Kimberly adds

"So, who is going to go after her?" Eric asks.

"Tracy does tend to keep her emotions bottled up. Something could be bothering her and doesn't want to talk about it," Circuit says.

"Circuit, you may be right. You and I will find Tracy. Kimberly, you and Eric should head inside to talk to the others."

We get out of the jeep. Circuit and I head down the path to find Tracy.

Normal POV

In the lab, the rangers and Hayley are anxiously waiting for them to return. They hear footsteps and turn towards the steps to see Eric and Kimberly walk down the stairs.

"Where are Circuit, Tracy, and Wes?" Jen asks.

"When Wes turned off the jeep, Tracy got out and ran into the forest," Kimberly says.

"Wes and Circuit are trying to find her," Eric adds.

"So, what happened at SciLabs?" Conner asks.

"Conner," Kira snaps.

"What, I'm sure Tracy is fine. We need to know if Tracy's dino powers are working," Conner says.

"Tracy's Dino Power are working, and Circuit also figured out a way for me to borrow Tracy's ranger powers," Kimberly says.

"Awesome, we are going to have two of the original power rangers fighting together again to save the planet," Ethan says.

I'm going to see if I can figure out a way to draw Mike out so I can fight him alone. I have to make it up to Tracy. She got hurt because I'm such a terrible ranger. Amber thinks.

Meanwhile, Wes and Circuit find Tracy near the lake. She had kicked down a few trees. Now she is throwing a massive boulder into the lake. The water splashes up and comes down on top of her. She rings most of the water out of her hair then walk over to another tree and it about to karate chop one of the branches off. Wes runs over to her and grabs her wrist. Tracy rotates her wrist, so her thumb lines up with where Wes's thumbs and fingers line up. She quickly jerks her arm by bending it at the elbow. Then she did a tornado kick, and Wes flies through the air. He groans as his back smacks against a tree. Once the adrenaline wears off, Tracy runs over to him.

"Wes, I'm sorry, are you okay? What are you two doing here?" Tracy asks helping Wes to his feet.

"I'm fine Tracy; I forgot you knew karate." Wes says."I wanted to ask if you are okay since Circuit thought you were upset about something."

"I'm fine, Wes and just a little stressed out because of the surgery that's all," Tracy says, "I might be a little worried that the other will want to replace me with Kimberly,"

Tracy looks down at her feet and kicks some dirt. Wes puts his hand on Tracy's shoulder.

"Relax, that's not going to happen," Wes says.

Tracy slowly looks up and says, "How can you be so sure, since we can't have Circuit look into the future or tell me what is going to happen after the surgery."

"You're just going to have to trust me on this," Wes says.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 60: Amber's Silent Treatment​

Tracy's POV

The next morning I walk outside to my car to see Kimberly walking up to me.

"Hi, Kimberly, what are you doing here this morning?" I ask.

"I thought we could carpool to school?" Kimberly says.

"Sounds good, my car is low on gas," I reply.

We go over to her car. I get into the passenger seat. After she backs out of the driveway, I let out a heavy sigh seeing the pink dino gem on her wrist. I turn my head to look out the windshield.

"So, did you get a job at the school? If you did what about your training for the next Pan Global Games?"

"Yes, I'm working as an assistant for the music teacher. As for my training, I have to wait until next year for the next PanGlobal Games. So you don't have to worry about that." Kimberly says.

"So, was you getting the job Dr. O's idea?"

"Yes," Kimberly answers.

"At least you'll get to hear Kira sing," I sigh.

"You'll be singing again in no time," Kim says.

"But we don't know what my voice is going to sound like," I reminded her.

"I know, but for now, try your best not to focus on your surgery. I know Tommy won't like it if your look distracted during his lecture," Kim says.

"Ok," I say.

Kim pulls into the staff lot, and parks next to Dr. O's jeep. We get out and head inside the school. After I go to my locker to put my things away, I visit Amber at her locker.

"Hey, Amber," I greet.

Amber didn't even acknowledge me. She grabs one of her books and heads to her first class.

Okay, what did I do? Why did Amber ignore me like that?

I'm still in shock that I didn't notice Trent walking up behind me. I jump when I feel him tap me on the shoulder. After I recover, I turn around to face him.

"Sorry, Tracy, I didn't mean to scare you," Trent says.

"It's okay Trent," I say.

"So, did you and Amber talk about the upcoming sports award ceremony," Trent asks.

"No, Amber didn't even say hi to me. She just grabbed one of her books and walked away," I reply.

"That's odd, Amber is normally really chatty before school starts," Trent says.

"Do you have any clue why she is suddenly giving me the silent treatment?" I ask.

Trent shakes his head no. Then the warning bell rings, and we head off to our first class. I sit down next to Kira and look over at Mike. I feel my stomach do backflips as I watch him trip another student and laugh. The student quickly gets to his feet and goes over to the table near him and sits down.

I want to get the real Mike back as soon as possible. I hate seeing act opposite of his usual self.

The bell rings again, and Dr. O takes attendance and starts his lecture on volcanoes. When it goes off signaling the end of the class, I'm about to leave when Dr. O asks me to stay since he wanted to talk to me.

"Hey, Dr. O what's wrong was there something wrong with my term paper?" I ask.

"No, your paper was excellent; you seemed a little distracted today? Is there something else bothering you other than your surgery," Dr. O asks.

"Sorry, Dr. O, but Amber ignore me this morning when I went to talk to her,"

"That doesn't sound like her." Dr. O says.

"I know. I hope I didn't do anything to make Amber mad at me," I say.

"I'll talk to her later and try to get to the bottom of it," Dr. O says.

"Thank you, Dr. O," I say.

Amber's POV

Okay giving Tracy the cold shoulder isn't being the model teammate, but I need to find a way to Mesogog's lab myself to hand over my Dinogem. It what's best for the team.

I head to gym class and try not to make eye contact with Conner or Tracy as I walk into the gymnasium. Mr. Jonas takes attendance, and I sprint out to the locker room once he finished and told us that we are practicing for the Presidential physical fitness test today. I change as fast as I can so Tracy wouldn't have a chance to talk to me. I get into the line to warm up before we head outside to do the mile run. My time is 9:55 and sit down on the bleachers and wait for the rest of the class to finish. I see Tracy struggle to keep up with one of the other girls in the class and watch her pass out from pushing herself too hard as she completes the run. I remember her telling me that she wasn't the faster runner. Conner helped Tracy to the nurse's office since Mr. Jonas wanted to make sure she would be alright.

I'm happy to see her when I walk into the lunch room. She is sitting with the gang. I didn't want to sit with them so I 'pretend' not to hear Conner when he called me over. I sit down at the table where the rest of the Softball team is sitting. I usually didn't have any problems when I ate Shrimp but for some reason today when I bit into it and swallowed it. I get a sudden stomach cramp, and my mouth starts to get all tingly. A few seconds later everything begins to spin around me as dizzy spell hits me. Then everything goes black as I hear one of the girls shouting my name.

My bad with the cliffhanger LOL.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 61: Planning a trip to Mesogog's Fortress​

Amber's POV

I groan and slowly open my eyes. After my vision returns to normal, I look around, and I discover that I'm in the back of an ambulance. I do my best not to panic. A few seconds later, my heart starts to race, and I'm afraid that it may jump out of my chest. As I look up to see the face of one of the paramedics looking down at me, I try to sit up, but she puts her hand on my chest.

"Calm down, sweetheart, you're okay," She says in a reassuring tone, as she lays me back down the stretcher.

"What happened?" I ask, "The last thing I remember is eating lunch at school."

"You fainted after having a serious allergic reaction when you ate the shrimp," she says, "The school contacted your mom, and she'll meet us at the hospital. I'm afraid you won't be going back till tomorrow morning," she continues.

Normal POV

In the emergency room, Amber's mother, Zuri, is playing with her wedding band as she waits for the ambulance to arrive with her daughter. She is happy that her boss let her go on her break early to rush to the hospital. The past few minutes felt like hours even though the doctor told her that Amber was awake and alert. She is upset that Amber didn't have her epi-pen with her since this was her second time having an anaphylactic reaction after eating shrimp. She quickly stands up when the sound of the ambulance's siren echoes into her ears as it pulls up. The teen's mother runs up to paramedics as Amber is brought in.

"Mom, I'm sorry you had to leave work," Amber says.

Zuri wipes a few tears away from her daughter's eyes before fixing her hair. "Sweetie, you don't have to apologize, I'm glad that you're alright. But tomorrow, we're going to discuss the importance of remembering to bring your epi pen with you to school,"

Amber nods and Zuri kisses her on the forehead before the paramedics take the teen to admit her. Zuri goes out to her car and sits down in the driver's seat. She calls the school to inform them that Amber is alright and will be back to school the next morning. Then she goes back to work.

Meanwhile, at school, Tracy heads to PreCalculus Class but can't focus, she is too preoccupied about whether Amber was going to be alright or not after she was wheeled out on the stretcher. Mr. Johnson looks away from the chalkboard and sees Tracy isn't writing anything down in her notebook.

"Miss Burlew, is there some reason why you haven't written anything down?" Mr. Johnson asks.

"I'm sorry Mr. Johnson, I guess I'm still freaked out about what happened at lunch today," Tracy says.

"Miss Burlew, I'm sure that was a terrifying experience seeing one of your fellow students collapsing in the cafeteria and leaving on a stretcher. But, please try to focus on the lesson," Mr. Johnson says.

"Yes, sir," Tracy says.

Twenty minutes later, the bell rings again, and Tracy gathers her things then starts to leave the room. She goes over to Mike's desk. Two days ago, Mike had asked Mr. Johnson if he could move because he didn't want to sit next to Tracy anymore. Mike quickly stands up as she gets closer to him. He grabs her wrist, starts to tighten his grip, then quickly pulls her towards him. Everything in Tracy's arms falls onto the floor as the room fills with gasps of horror.

"Relax, Pink Ranger, I won't hurt you and risk your secret identity. Meet me after school at our special spot, and we'll do battle there," Mike whispers.

When Mike sees Mr. Johnson dash over to them, he lets her go and stomps out of the room. Tracy takes a few seconds to allow her nerves to calm down.

"Miss Burlew, are you okay?" Mr. Johnson asks.

"Yes, I'm fine," Tracy says.

"Do you know why Mike is acting so strangely?" Mr. Johnson asks, "From what I just witnessed I'm very concerned about your safety," Mr. Johnson continues as he notices the marks on Tracy's wrist from her bracelet as he turns her hand over to look at it.

"Don't worry, Mr. Johnson, everything is alright between us, but I don't know why he is acting like this," Tracy answers.

Tracy quickly picks up her things and runs out of the room. She stops at her locker to get everything she needs for English class. She decides to make a quick stop by Dr. Oliver's class since she remembers that he didn't have to teach a lesson at the end of the day.

Dr. Oliver finishes putting in the last few grades from the previous test he gave into the computer when he hears the door to the classroom open. He looks away from the screen to see Tracy walk in. He sees the small remnants of fear in Tracy's eyes since she still can't stop thinking about what just happened in Mr. Johnson's class.

Dr. Oliver's POV

The look of fear in Tracy's eyes has me feeling a little uneasy. I get up from my desk and walk over to her.

"Tracy, did something just happen between you and Mike?" I ask as I place my hand on her shoulder.

"Yes, I'm scared that Rita's spell has complete control over him now." Tracy answers, "I think he just challenged me to fight him at our special place after school today," Tracy continues.

"Tracy, you can't go since you don't have your powers," I say.

"I know, but what am I supposed to do?" Tracy asks, as her voice begins to crack, "I'm still worried about my surgery on Friday. I need him by my side. Not to mention, Amber as well," Tracy continues.

"Don't worry, we will break Rita's spell over Mike before your surgery," I say confidently, "As for Amber you don't have to worry about her anymore, I just got an email from Principal Randall. Amber will be back in school tomorrow morning," I continue.

Amber's POV

I'm getting bored sitting in my bed in my hospital room and reach over to the table next to my bed. I pick up my phone and after I check the time I see I have twenty minutes left till school gets out. So, I have to wait to call Trent to tell him that I want to go to Mesogog's fortress before school tomorrow. I groan as I flip through the channels on the TV in my room, unable to find anything good to watch. I get out of the bed and head to the game room that the nurse told me about when she came in to give me some lunch since I didn't eat much at school.

I walk into the game room and see they have a PlayStation 2 set up. I go over to it and look through the games in the plastic container near it. Most of the games are for the younger kids since they were rated E or Y-7 since I couldn't find any rated T. I settled on Disney's Fillmore!: Back in Action. I set the alarm on my phone to let me know when I could call Trent. Then I started playing. When I hear my phone begin to buzz, I pick it up, turn off the alarm and dial Trent's number and wait for him to pick up.

"Hey, Amber, everyone is glad that you're okay," Trent says.

"Thanks, Trent, but I'm curious, do you know another way to get to Mesogog's fortress?" I ask.

"Yes, I do. You can use the Invisiportal that's at my house; it's inside my dad's office." Trent says, "I found it one day, and it took me straight there, but why do you want to go there?" Trent asks.

"I'm going to do something that I feel is best for the team," I answer, "I'm going to give Mesogog my dino gem. Are you going to help me out?" I ask.

There are a few seconds of silence on the other end as I wait for Trent to respond. He says yes. Then I tell him about my plan. He and his dad will meet my mom here tomorrow morning. Then after mom signs me out, they will offer to take me out to breakfast before taking me to school. We say goodbye, and I go back to my room since I'm already tired of playing video games.

Normal POV

Trent puts his phone back in his pocket before grabbing his bag out of his locker. He goes outside to meet up with the others.

"Hey, Trent, what took you so long?" Ethan asks.

"Yes, I was going to send a search party back in to find you," Tracy jokes.

"Sorry, guys, my dad called me," Trent lies.

"Let's head to the lab, I'd like to see if we can figure out why Amber was acting so strange today," Tracy says.

Tracy offers to give Trent a ride. He nervously gets into her car.

I hope that Tracy won't be mad at me when I tell them that Amber just called me and that she wants to go to Mesogog's fortress to surrender her dino gem to him. Trent thinks as he buckles up.

​​​​​​​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 62: Testing the Team's trust​

Normal POV

Trent slowly gets out of Tracy's car. He and Tracy head inside Dr. Oliver's house walk down the stairs to the lab. Tracy isn't sure why Trent is acting so nervous the entire drive. She hopes that he isn't keeping a secret from the team, and she slowly sits down in the chair next to Wes.

"I know we want to discover why Amber was acting strange at school today, but I think we also should break Rita's spell over Mike sooner rather than later," Tracy says.

"How come?" Conner asks.

"I think the spell is starting to cloud Mike's judgment and his actions. In precalculus class, he grabbed me by the wrist when I went over to his desk to talk to him. He tightened his grip before he pulled me towards him." Tracy replies.

"Wait, why did you have to go over to his desk?" Ethan asks.

"Yeah, I thought he sat next to you," Conner adds.

"He did, but two days ago he asked Mr. Johnson if he can change seats with another student," Tracy answers. "Moving on, Mike also skipped English class today," Tracy continues.

"He could have gotten sick, and I did have several students absent from the class I have right after lunch," Dr. Oliver says.

"Maybe," Tracy says, trying her best not to roll her eyes at her teacher/mentor's response.

"You could try calling him," Conner suggests.

"Conner, I doubt he'd even answer his phone." Tracy sighs, "Besides when Mike did talk to me in Mr. Johonson's class, his voice even sounded evil," Tracy continues.

"What did he say?" Conner asks.

"That he wanted me to meet him after school at our secret spot," Tracy says.

"In other words, he wants you to fight him somewhere no one knows the location of so if you considered going, the rest of the team can't come to help," Wes says.

I should go so I can be sure he's not sick. And, from how he was acting today, he can't fight off Rita's spell anymore. I need to break the spell over him myself. Tracy thinks.

"How about we address the other elephant in the room - Amber is giving all of us the silent treatment at school today," Ethan says, changing the subject.

"What do you mean that Amber was giving all over you the silent treatment?" Kimberly asks.

"Amber, never made eye contact with when I passed her in the hall," Ethan says.

"She just walked away from me when I went to her locker before lunch to discuss a project we were working on for history class," Kira says.

"She didn't even wave to me when I passed her in the hall before I went to history class," Conner says.

"Amber called me after school," Trent mumbles under his breath.

"Amber did call Trent after school," Circuit says, repeating the last part of what Trent mumbled to himself.

"What!" Ethan, Conner, and Kira gasp.

Wes looks down at Tracy. He sees her facial expressions and mood quickly do a 180. She tightens her grip on the armrest of her chair. A few seconds later, everyone hears the sound of the plastic snapping as the anger builds up in Tracy's system.

"Tracy, I understand that you're upset, but you need to calm down so Trent can explain himself," Wes says, as he puts his arms around Tracy's waist to keep her from punching Trent.

"Then after he explains himself, Wes will let you go so you can punch him," Eric jokes.

"Eric," Jen snaps.

"Relax, Jen. I was joking," Eric says.

Wes waits until he is positive that Tracy is calm enough for him to let her go.

"Trent, what did Amber say when you talked to her?" Dr. Oliver asks.

"Just that she wants me and my dad to pick her up from the hospital tomorrow morning to take her out to 'breakfast,'" Trent says.

"Trent, why did you put air quotes around breakfast," Ethan asks.

"Yeah, what else did Amber say?" Kira adds.

"She asked me if I know about another way to get to Mesogog's fortress," Trent says. " I told her about the Invisiportal that's at my house; I found it one day inside my dad's office. It took me straight there," Trent continues.

"But why does she want to go there?" Kimberly asks.

"Amber thinks she is doing something that she feels is best for the team," Trent answers, "She is going to give Mesogog her dino gem. " Trent continues.

"You aren't going to let Amber go through with her plan, are you?" Tracy asks.

"Yes, but you have to trust me. I won't let Amber, give her gem to Mesogog," Trent replies.

"Okay, because if any one of us should be surrendering their dino gem, it's me, it's my fault that we're even in this situation, to begin with, I've known from the start I'm not made out to be a hero," Tracy continues.

"Tracy, I know everything that you've been through lately has been difficult, but giving up isn't the right thing to do," Dr. Oliver says as he goes over to Tracy.

He is about to put his hand on her shoulder, but she slaps his hand away. Then she swings her left leg around until her heel hits the back Dr. Oliver's leg. He drops to the floor. While he is recovering Tracy makes a beat for the stairs.

"Tracy, stop, it's too dangerous," Dr. Oliver shouts as he looks up to see Tracy sprint up the stairs.

"Don't worry Tommy. I'll stop her," Circuit says as he flies off to catch up with Tracy.

"I'm right behind you, Circuit," Kimberly says as she follows close behind the robotic owl.

"Dr. O., are you okay?" Kira asks.

"I'm fine, Kira," Dr. Oliver says.

"If Tracy knows that she doesn't have her powers, why is she even considering going off on her own to fight Mike?" Was asks.

"She still must feel guilty about Mike even being under Rita's spell in the first place, so she feels the only way she is even going to forgive herself is to break the spell herself by fighting him," Dr. Oliver says.

"I hope Kimberly and Circuit can stop her," Kira says.

"Yeah, seeing her ignore Dr. O., and going off by herself is something I never thought I'd see Tracy do," Ethan adds.

​​​​​​​

Last edited:
Back