• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
I've found a bug. If a Pokémon try to use Disable on target with Magic Bounce, it continuously trying to use it.

Sir_Tman

Overworked game Dev
Years
I have and obsured bug in that the oppenent use crafty shield and I can't hit them for it keeps getting blocked by the mat and the opponet can keep attacking me and i cant hit them.

Also King Sheild always Fails But Agieslah dose change to sheild form.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
I've found a bug. If a Pokémon try to use Disable on target with Magic Bounce, it continuously trying to use it.
So, not to derail the topic, but, if a Pokemon uses disable on an opponent with Magic Bounce, what's supposed to happen?
Does Magic Bounce activate and the user's Disable is Disabled?
And if you disable disable... Then is it Enabled?
Woah.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Other problem:

Shedinja used Double Edge but not self-fainted for recoil!!

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Using Flame Burst.
Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `pbParnter' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0xab37fe0>
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:3152:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:2905:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:2837:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battler:2837:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:3367:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3347:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battler:3370:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3566:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:3565:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:3565:in `pbProcessTurn'

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Using Flame Burst.
Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `pbParnter' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0xab37fe0>
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:3152:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:2905:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:2837:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battler:2837:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:3367:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3347:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battler:3370:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3566:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:3565:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:3565:in `pbProcessTurn'

Just looking at the errorlog, it looks like the method 'pbPartner' simply is spelled wrong in a certain place, since it says "pbParnter" in the log. Simply searching all script-sections for "pbParnter" and spelling it correctly should fix the error.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
lol {XD}, Egg Bug/Poison type in PC Box
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
lol {XD}, Egg Bug/Poison type in PC Box
Spoiler:
In PokémonStorage Script section, before the code about at line 2352,
typebitmap=AnimatedBitmap.new(_INTL("Graphics/Pictures/types"))

add this:

if !pokemon.isEgg?

Then, before, drawMarkings(overlay,66,240,128,20,pokemon.markings), add an "end".

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
If I use Twneedle (2 hits) to defeat the opponent Pokemon, no message "it's not very effective" or "it's super effective" appears.

Years
If I use Twneedle (2 hits) to defeat the opponent Pokemon, no message "it's not very effective" or "it's super effective" appears.

In PokeBattle_Move Script section, in def pbEffectMessages, in the same line of:
if !pbIsMultiHit && attacker.effects[PBEffects::ParentalBond]==0

add this:

|| (pbIsMultiHit && opponent.hp==0)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Other bug:

If a Pokemon is paralyzed or love or confused when using Metronome, altered state check occurs twice.

Example, in the same turn this happen:
-Clefairy is in love, but will attack
-Clefairy used Metronome
-And before calling the move ----> Clefairy is in love(AGAIN) and does not attack

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Hi there, I don't see this error anywhere on the new pages, so I don't know if this is already report but here I go anyway

This happen if EffectSpore tries to sleep a Pokémon (Poison and Paralyze works like always.)

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
Bug: Deoxys-Attack (and other Deoxys forms), returns to his Normal Form at the end of a battle.
How do I fix it?

I encountered this same problem with Rotom. The source of the problem is "def makeUnmega" in the MegaEvolution section. It seems that it's checking for "getUnmegaForm", but the problem is the forms don't have this defined so it just defaults to 0 and it reverts everything as if it's a Mega. For now I just commented out the line until this gets fixed properly since I'm not using mega evolutions in my game right now, but presumably you could add a "getUnmegaForm" somewhere in the form definitions to tell the function what value to revert the Pokemon back to.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I encountered this same problem with Rotom. The source of the problem is "def makeUnmega" in the MegaEvolution section. It seems that it's checking for "getUnmegaForm", but the problem is the forms don't have this defined so it just defaults to 0 and it reverts everything as if it's a Mega. For now I just commented out the line until this gets fixed properly since I'm not using mega evolutions in my game right now, but presumably you could add a "getUnmegaForm" somewhere in the form definitions to tell the function what value to revert the Pokemon back to.
For the unobservant/impatient, the solution to this bug can be found here.

Years
Typo in the code for Flying Press. When the target is affected by Trick-or-Treat or Forest's Curse (i.e., if the Pokemon has the Type3 effect), you have the code edit the variable "nult" when everything else uses the variable "mult".

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Typo in the code for Flying Press. When the target is affected by Trick-or-Treat or Forest's Curse (i.e., if the Pokemon has the Type3 effect), you have the code edit the variable "nult" when everything else uses the variable "mult".

I'm not sure what code you're using, but mine is perfectly fine... Are you sure you're looking at 16.1?

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Why can I not find whether or not Struggle was fixed...?!
For some reason Struggle says "Pichu used !" then damages, and repeats until the Pokémon is fainted.
I thought I saw it fixed somewhere.

Back