The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Roleplay Theatre Roleplay Stage
Roleplay Discussion Thread

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old May 4th, 2011 (1:41 PM).
Forever Shawol and Aileean

Nature: Adamant
    I was wondering what was wrong with the title. Thing is, I never saw the anagrams so I couldn't really complain. XD

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r417/MichaelaTheUchiha/Onew277-2.jpg

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 4th, 2011 (1:50 PM).
    CAT-BUS!

Yeah... Can you even change the thread title?
      Old May 4th, 2011 (2:17 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by pokemongarnet View Post
        Yeah... Can you even change the thread title?
        I'm sure you can if you're a mod. I'm not sure about otherwise. XD

Old May 5th, 2011 (11:31 AM).
        Years of Lies

Nature: Timid
          I still have a bunch of spaces left in my rp, and reservations end today;;; Can people check out Years of Lies? ^^;;;
          "Your plans will fail, my sweet lady. And when they do, your stories will be nothing but lies, your rebellion will be in vain, and war will rage for years until you are but a speck of dust." - Noh
          "The lies of your world will be exposed. My rebellion will rein over your realm, and no longer will this time be plagued by war." - ???
          Old May 5th, 2011 (11:56 AM). Edited May 5th, 2011 by pokemongarnet.
          CAT-BUS!

I would... but I doubt I'd have time to do it. So I'd rather not start than start and drop out.

How many RP's has everyone here ever finished? And what length were they? I myself have never finished one.
            Old May 5th, 2011 (5:49 PM). Edited May 11th, 2011 by King!.
            better

Nature: Jolly
              The only two I can think of that have been finished (and now have unfinished sequels) are Mira's 'The Uprising' and slls81's 'A New Professor In Town'.
              Old May 5th, 2011 (7:17 PM).
              Years of Lies

Nature: Timid
                [email protected]
                And that will ALL change >D I shall finish my rp!
                "Your plans will fail, my sweet lady. And when they do, your stories will be nothing but lies, your rebellion will be in vain, and war will rage for years until you are but a speck of dust." - Noh
                "The lies of your world will be exposed. My rebellion will rein over your realm, and no longer will this time be plagued by war." - ???
                Old May 5th, 2011 (7:32 PM).
                Roleplaying Assasin

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Eeveemaster9 View Post
                  [email protected]
                  And that will ALL change >D I shall finish my rp!
                  Well, Hopefuuuullllyyyy. *Pessimistic* I really do hope it does though! I am in it afterall xD. What is so SAD about RP's is that not knowing the rest of the plot ABSOLUTELY KILLS ME! I HATE IT when a plot heavy RP dies, I JUST URGH, because I want to know what happens!

"Nothing Is true, everything is permitted"

-Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
                  Old May 5th, 2011 (8:05 PM).
                  x

Nature: Calm
                  I finished YZ Act I, II, and nearly finished III with parallelzero.
                  That's about it, I think. xD

So.... about three? Two, almost three. =u=d The reason IV and III died was because of me though, so.... OTL
                  Old May 5th, 2011 (10:58 PM).

So I've been seeing kinda unrealistic ideas happening in several RPs. Unrealistic, in this case, is about the family tree and heritage. We all know that most Pokemon can be bred with different parents and will definitely be the same species as the mother. But let's look at the logic of having a Legendary Pokemon for a parent. Not possible at all.

Legendaries have no gender, so they can't be a mother or a father. Yes, I know people like to be related to Legendaries cos they're powerful, rare and overrated. But you can't be playing everything at the expense of reality. As said, I read some posts which had the concepts of inheriting maternal abilities. In the Pokemon world, the father can only pass down his moves. Abilities, in RPs, can come under this category too. If you're a Pansage and your mother was a Emolga, how would you be able to control static? Not practical right? That's what I'm trying to say.

Of course, traits and characteristics can be passed down the line but let's keep our fantasies in check. If not, we might be causing RPs to be on the brink of a too 'perfect', 'overpowered', 'overflowing' revolution whereby people just mash and mix up their favourite Pokemon into something utterly cliché and just dull. I'm not saying to be boring and unimaginative but sometimes, you shouldn't go too far. And also, repeating the same ideas and concepts and whatnot theories can be a tad boring and too lame to read, if you get what I mean. Soon after a while, we can all label you as the person who uses the same Pokemon for every single RP or the person who always seem to be the child of Reshiram or Kyogre or Heatran....
                    Old May 6th, 2011 (4:53 AM).
                    The Rivers will run red....

Nature: Lonely
                      Quote:
                      So I've been seeing kinda unrealistic ideas happening in several RPs. Unrealistic, in this case, is about the family tree and heritage. We all know that most Pokemon can be bred with different parents and will definitely be the same species as the mother. But let's look at the logic of having a Legendary Pokemon for a parent. Not possible at all.

Legendaries have no gender, so they can't be a mother or a father. Yes, I know people like to be related to Legendaries cos they're powerful, rare and overrated. But you can't be playing everything at the expense of reality. As said, I read some posts which had the concepts of inheriting maternal abilities. In the Pokemon world, the father can only pass down his moves. Abilities, in RPs, can come under this category too. If you're a Pansage and your mother was a Emolga, how would you be able to control static? Not practical right? That's what I'm trying to say.

Of course, traits and characteristics can be passed down the line but let's keep our fantasies in check. If not, we might be causing RPs to be on the brink of a too 'perfect', 'overpowered', 'overflowing' revolution whereby people just mash and mix up their favourite Pokemon into something utterly cliché and just dull. I'm not saying to be boring and unimaginative but sometimes, you shouldn't go too far. And also, repeating the same ideas and concepts and whatnot theories can be a tad boring and too lame to read, if you get what I mean. Soon after a while, we can all label you as the person who uses the same Pokemon for every single RP or the person who always seem to be the child of Reshiram or Kyogre or Heatran....
                      *looks around* We have an RPer that's like that in Eternal Nightmare :)

I'm kinda annoyed sometimes since he happens to be a child of a legendary every time lol. But I guess as long as he doesn't get carried away, it'll be fine.

and my bro, Dia has a point there. If you're a Pansage and your mother was a Emolga, how would you be able to control static?

Let there be some logic, people!

The most Caring Girlfriend/Pair Ever

PC Brothers:
                      SuperVegeta
                      [ silver ]
                      Miju-kun
                      Diamond1304/
                      Blaziken15
                      Rustymenon
                      InkHeart

PC Sisters:
                      Marina E. silver
                      Mzmingle
                      FlurryTheGlaceon
                      XxSweetDreamsxX

PC Family

FanFic
                      CSS

Old May 6th, 2011 (5:23 AM).
                      That one guy

Nature: Quirky
                        Hey everyone! Ace is back! I apologize to all the GMs of the RPs I was in before I left. We had to move to another place. But now that we're settled in, I think I can RP again, and I've been dying to do just that for weeks xD

I've been longing for...
                        daisies to push through the floor
                        And I wish plant life would grow all around me
                        So I won't feel dead anymore

OWLsee you around
                        Roleplayer

Old May 6th, 2011 (12:39 PM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post

See, whenever I see something like that, I always try to think of it as inheritors instead of children of the legendary pokemon. Inheritors don't necessarily have to be related, which I think is better than being the children of a legendary pokemon.

Hmm...Just got a good plot idea. XD

Old May 8th, 2011 (5:40 AM).

Nature: Jolly
                            I haven't gotten any sign ups to my RP in about a week. Could someone offer some comment, advice, even criticism, because it's getting a bit discouraging.
                            Old May 8th, 2011 (7:28 AM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by FourCartridge View Post
                              I haven't gotten any sign ups to my RP in about a week. Could someone offer some comment, advice, even criticism, because it's getting a bit discouraging.
                              I think it is due to the fact that it is REALLY complicated. Many of us here RP for fun, but not to get into huge mechanics about it. Although it is a good plot, everything else is entirely too complicated and that can drive people away. Especially most of the people who RP now are new at this and those aren't have already joined in so many RPs already.

Soften the mechanics a bit, eh?

Old May 8th, 2011 (8:33 PM).

Roserade's new RP - The End has Finally Come (click the linK!) is a great RP, in my opinion! It has a so-so name, of course (sorry Roserade xD), but its plot and the system deserve much more. It has a clear plot, and you can be a Trainer, Ranger, even the Leader of the enemy team.

It has a 'Sector' System that introduces three Leaders, in charge of the enemy team, which, obviously, plans to take over the world.

If you guys are interested in joining an interesting RP, please check it out :) it's fun.

PC Brothers:
                                SuperVegeta
                                [ silver ]
                                Miju-kun
                                Diamond1304/
                                Blaziken15
                                Rustymenon
                                InkHeart

PC Sisters:
                                Marina E. silver
                                Mzmingle
                                FlurryTheGlaceon
                                XxSweetDreamsxX

PC Family

FanFic
                                CSS

Old May 8th, 2011 (8:44 PM).
                                See You Space Cowboy

Nature: Relaxed
                                I've got one RP, and I'm determined to let it not die, and finish it. It's actually going relatively well.

A Legend once told me that roleplaying is about bringing people together and celebrating creative vision.
                                Paired with the Artsy Infinite and the Spectacular Shak
                                Old May 9th, 2011 (4:56 PM).

Looking some sign ups for this rp right here (sorry for turning this into a advertisement section)
                                  Old May 9th, 2011 (5:21 PM).
                                  MichaelaTheUchiha MichaelaTheUchiha is offline

This is pretty much an advertisement place of RPs anyways, EVEN THOUGH THE RULES STATE NOT TOO...or at least, I remember seeing that somewhere. XD

While I'm here, I might as well advertise...just kidding. :P

Old May 9th, 2011 (6:00 PM).

Location: A Place that's not my cup of tea
                                      well it IS an awesome RP, don't let the name of the title deceive you...titles can be deceiving.

it's just a great RP i wanna share with you guys :) hands down

PC Brothers:
                                      SuperVegeta
                                      [ silver ]
                                      Miju-kun
                                      Diamond1304/
                                      Blaziken15
                                      Rustymenon
                                      InkHeart

PC Sisters:
                                      Marina E. silver
                                      Mzmingle
                                      FlurryTheGlaceon
                                      XxSweetDreamsxX

PC Family

FanFic
                                      CSS

Old May 10th, 2011 (12:05 AM).
                                      rikadventure time

Nature: Naive
                                      Huh? Oh yeah, the rules say strictly no advertising xD But that's for OFF BOARD RPs. Meaning RPs on a different forum than PokéCommunity, or a MMORPG or anything like that. Advertising PC roleplays in this thread isn't wrong :3
                                      Old May 10th, 2011 (8:38 PM). Edited May 11th, 2011 by Neptune Vasilias.
                                      Neptune Vasilias Neptune Vasilias is offline

LOL, whatever. I'm here for one purpose- OUTRIGHT ADVERTISING. :P

I'm not gonna put up some fancy designer's ad but just to scream over the megaphone that.....

"THE NEW LAND RP IS NOW OPEN FOR INVITATION!!!!"
                                        If you think you can handle the professions of chapter-styled RPs(No, I'm not being biased here xP), then come over and have a party with us. (No alcohols, I'm afraid. x3) Come down, NOW! (Or else my Lunatones will come after you! XD Hehehe....)

So, what are you waiting for?? Buzz over to my signature where that mediocre link is there for a 'wise guy' like you to click over. And voila, you're in Underland (Not wonderland, dumb Alice!), the Mad Chatter will be pleased with a peach parfait to see you. And....of course, my trump card.....RHCP IS THERE TOO! XD

(This advertisement is brought to you by the number 3 and the letters 'L', 'O', 'L'. And also it's copy-left-ed. So don't you dare rip off me, or I'll rip off your skin. :P)
                                        Old May 10th, 2011 (8:42 PM).

OK since were advertising A Heroes Way my new rp looking for people to sign up
                                          Old May 10th, 2011 (11:48 PM).
                                          rikadventure time

Nature: Naive
                                          You shouldn't use me as a magnet :| I doubt it'll work, even xD I'm amazed att all the living RPs that are going on right now. The players really seem to have fun.
                                          Old May 11th, 2011 (2:00 AM).
                                          Neptune Vasilias Neptune Vasilias is offline

Hehehe, I might end up having to pay tax for advertising here, but I can't help it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, presenting to you *drum rolls* TRACKERS: AVATAR OPERATION! Calling all Tron fans! Enjoy a sip of technological tea over at our cyber fiesta! See you there!~ :D
                                            Closed Thread

Quick Reply