The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio PokéCommunity ROM Hack Planning
Concept Enviornmental Immersion

Planning Where all the hard work happens. Got an idea? You don't have to be part of the team to share it with us.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old October 31st, 2016 (1:43 AM).
Logan's Avatar
Logan Logan is online now
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Salisbury, England
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 10,175
What's the sudden obsession with Corsola, guys?
__________________
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #27    
Old October 31st, 2016 (7:27 AM).
esperance's Avatar
esperance esperance is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 3,820
It's pink and pointy, I guess that's worth obsessing over
__________________
What are you so afraid of?
Reply With Quote
  #28    
Old October 31st, 2016 (9:01 AM).
Nina's Avatar
Nina Nina is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Posts: 2,132
I just think it's a nice cute pokemon that would fit well in a light hearted event? I don't understand the instant sneering that's been going on since I suggested it and it's seriously putting me off.
Reply With Quote
  #29    
Old November 13th, 2016 (3:25 PM).
tzujm33 tzujm33 is offline
     
    Join Date: Jul 2014
    Posts: 136
    Since there is so much water in the region i think it would be interesting to add Pirates at some point in a sidequest way.
    Ideas on how to add them:
    -the pirates are known and kept under control by the locals/police. When the disasters occur, they use the disorder to rob. You then save the locals figthting them off.
    or
    - you just meet them somewhere and find out that they plan to rob somewhere. you can then decide to either figth them or join them for one quest. If you join them, you get money and items, but piss the locals off.
    or
    - they have a (under)water base from where they regularly rob passing swimmers/boats. You can find their base and figth them off.
    Reply With Quote
      #30    
    Old November 13th, 2016 (3:32 PM).
    FBI's Avatar
    FBI FBI is offline
    Free supporter
     
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: Unknown Island
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 1,863
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tzujm33 View Post
    Since there is so much water in the region i think it would be interesting to add Pirates at some point in a sidequest way.
    Ideas on how to add them:
    -the pirates are known and kept under control by the locals/police. When the disasters occur, they use the disorder to rob. You then save the locals figthting them off.
    or
    - you just meet them somewhere and find out that they plan to rob somewhere. you can then decide to either figth them or join them for one quest. If you join them, you get money and items, but piss the locals off.
    or
    - they have a (under)water base from where they regularly rob passing swimmers/boats. You can find their base and figth them off.
    I like the Pirates idea as a side kind of thing, just to fill the region with something to do while you're exploring around piecing the mystery of the region.
    __________________
    ...
    Reply With Quote
      #31    
    Old November 13th, 2016 (8:35 PM).
    Touched's Avatar
    Touched Touched is offline
    Resident ASMAGICIAN
       
      Join Date: Jul 2014
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 626
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by FBI View Post
      I like the Pirates idea as a side kind of thing, just to fill the region with something to do while you're exploring around piecing the mystery of the region.
      We could even use the Pirates as friendly characters that introduce you to the treasure hunting minigame.

      But I actually don't know how pirates would work, old timey pirates with wooden legs are an anachronism and the outfits of modern day pirates aren't exactly very distinctive - and if we try modernise the former too much they'll end up identical to Team Aqua.
      __________________

      A Pokemon that is discriminated!
      Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
      Reply With Quote
        #32    
      Old November 14th, 2016 (12:02 PM).
      FBI's Avatar
      FBI FBI is offline
      Free supporter
       
      Join Date: Jan 2013
      Location: Unknown Island
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 1,863
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Touched View Post
      We could even use the Pirates as friendly characters that introduce you to the treasure hunting minigame.

      But I actually don't know how pirates would work, old timey pirates with wooden legs are an anachronism and the outfits of modern day pirates aren't exactly very distinctive - and if we try modernise the former too much they'll end up identical to Team Aqua.
      Modernized pirates would be fine, we'd give them a typical uniform and make their goals be purely monetary. They can have like their own little mini-island where they just sort of chill with their ships, and occasionally you meet one of the smaller ships in the ocean trying to rob some swimmers. A small troupe of bandits that can perhaps transition into something more formidable in the post game would be cool :D
      __________________
      ...
      Reply With Quote
        #33    
      Old November 14th, 2016 (3:38 PM).
      Zervais's Avatar
      Zervais Zervais is offline
      Island Kahuna
         
        Join Date: Aug 2016
        Location: Norfolk, England
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Modest
        Posts: 259
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by FBI View Post
        Modernized pirates would be fine, we'd give them a typical uniform and make their goals be purely monetary. They can have like their own little mini-island where they just sort of chill with their ships, and occasionally you meet one of the smaller ships in the ocean trying to rob some swimmers. A small troupe of bandits that can perhaps transition into something more formidable in the post game would be cool :D
        Imagine this rolling up to some lone swimmer like 'gimme your money'.

        Reply With Quote
          #34    
        Old November 14th, 2016 (11:10 PM).
        Touched's Avatar
        Touched Touched is offline
        Resident ASMAGICIAN
           
          Join Date: Jul 2014
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 626
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Zervais View Post
          Imagine this rolling up to some lone swimmer like 'gimme your money'.

          And then the swimmer says "I don't have any money, I'm wearing a swimming costume and have no pockets". Then the pirate asks "but then where do you keep your Pokeballs?" and then the swimmer just winks. also where do swimmers keep the money they give trainers
          __________________

          A Pokemon that is discriminated!
          Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
          Reply With Quote
          Reply

          Quick Reply

          Join the conversation!

          Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

          Create a PokéCommunity Account

          Sponsored Links
          Thread Tools

          Posting Rules
          You may not post new threads
          You may not post replies
          You may not post attachments
          You may not edit your posts

          BB code is On
          Smilies are On
          [IMG] code is On
          HTML code is Off

          Forum Jump


          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:34 PM.