The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio PokéCommunity ROM Hack Planning
Concept Enviornmental Immersion

Planning Where all the hard work happens. Got an idea? You don't have to be part of the team to share it with us.

Old October 31st, 2016 (1:43 AM).

Nature: Sassy
What's the sudden obsession with Corsola, guys?

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 31st, 2016 (7:27 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
It's pink and pointy, I guess that's worth obsessing over
Old October 31st, 2016 (9:01 AM).

I just think it's a nice cute pokemon that would fit well in a light hearted event? I don't understand the instant sneering that's been going on since I suggested it and it's seriously putting me off.
Old November 13th, 2016 (3:25 PM).

Since there is so much water in the region i think it would be interesting to add Pirates at some point in a sidequest way.
    Ideas on how to add them:
    -the pirates are known and kept under control by the locals/police. When the disasters occur, they use the disorder to rob. You then save the locals figthting them off.
    or
    - you just meet them somewhere and find out that they plan to rob somewhere. you can then decide to either figth them or join them for one quest. If you join them, you get money and items, but piss the locals off.
    or
    - they have a (under)water base from where they regularly rob passing swimmers/boats. You can find their base and figth them off.
    Old November 13th, 2016 (3:32 PM).
    Free supporter

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tzujm33 View Post
    Since there is so much water in the region i think it would be interesting to add Pirates at some point in a sidequest way.
    Ideas on how to add them:
    -the pirates are known and kept under control by the locals/police. When the disasters occur, they use the disorder to rob. You then save the locals figthting them off.
    or
    - you just meet them somewhere and find out that they plan to rob somewhere. you can then decide to either figth them or join them for one quest. If you join them, you get money and items, but piss the locals off.
    or
    - they have a (under)water base from where they regularly rob passing swimmers/boats. You can find their base and figth them off.
    I like the Pirates idea as a side kind of thing, just to fill the region with something to do while you're exploring around piecing the mystery of the region.
    Old November 13th, 2016 (8:35 PM).
    Resident ASMAGICIAN

Quote:
      Originally Posted by FBI View Post
      I like the Pirates idea as a side kind of thing, just to fill the region with something to do while you're exploring around piecing the mystery of the region.
      We could even use the Pirates as friendly characters that introduce you to the treasure hunting minigame.

But I actually don't know how pirates would work, old timey pirates with wooden legs are an anachronism and the outfits of modern day pirates aren't exactly very distinctive - and if we try modernise the former too much they'll end up identical to Team Aqua.

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
      Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
      Old November 14th, 2016 (12:02 PM).
      Free supporter

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Touched View Post
      We could even use the Pirates as friendly characters that introduce you to the treasure hunting minigame.

But I actually don't know how pirates would work, old timey pirates with wooden legs are an anachronism and the outfits of modern day pirates aren't exactly very distinctive - and if we try modernise the former too much they'll end up identical to Team Aqua.
      Modernized pirates would be fine, we'd give them a typical uniform and make their goals be purely monetary. They can have like their own little mini-island where they just sort of chill with their ships, and occasionally you meet one of the smaller ships in the ocean trying to rob some swimmers. A small troupe of bandits that can perhaps transition into something more formidable in the post game would be cool :D
      Old November 14th, 2016 (3:38 PM).
      Island Kahuna

Nature: Modest
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by FBI View Post
        Modernized pirates would be fine, we'd give them a typical uniform and make their goals be purely monetary. They can have like their own little mini-island where they just sort of chill with their ships, and occasionally you meet one of the smaller ships in the ocean trying to rob some swimmers. A small troupe of bandits that can perhaps transition into something more formidable in the post game would be cool :D
        Imagine this rolling up to some lone swimmer like 'gimme your money'.

Old November 14th, 2016 (11:10 PM).
        Resident ASMAGICIAN

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Zervais View Post
          Imagine this rolling up to some lone swimmer like 'gimme your money'.

And then the swimmer says "I don't have any money, I'm wearing a swimming costume and have no pockets". Then the pirate asks "but then where do you keep your Pokeballs?" and then the swimmer just winks. also where do swimmers keep the money they give trainers

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
          Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.

Quick Reply