• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Why aren't my events using their walking animations?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 18, 2017
I'm relatively new to Pokemon Essentials, but I've begun working on cut scenes for the game which I am working on. A problem which I have had in a few different cut scenes is that the walking animation does not appear when I use the 'Set Move Route' tool.

I attached the whole cut scenes event commands and left a comment at each part where walking happens, but the animation doesn't play.

I've marked each of the 'Move Route' commands which the walking animations do not work for with a comment. There are a few times I messed with starting and stopping the walking animation, but even the first time that I started the walking animation, it did not work. I'm hesitant to continue working on the game until I figure this out, and advice is welcome. Thank you!

Attachments

• Event.png
    Event.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 16
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 18, 2017
Nah, that didn't really change anything, and there are some spots where, if i put a wait for move completion, it would mess with the timing of the cutscene. Like the last 2 move routes, I dont want to put a 'Wait for Completion' after Michelles path because then Dylan would only start walking once Michelle is gone.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 18, 2017
For the 'MICHELLE' event, I know that the walking animation works because it works in an early part of the same cutscene. And I believe I have it set to allow walking animations, if the little checkbox below the graphic setting in the options section labeled 'Move Animation' is what you are talking about.

Back