• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lego Building Competition - No lego required!

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
HX30p.png

Get-Together 8​

What is this about?

Simply put, you build something out of lego, and post it here! Make anything you'd like or feel like building, however keep in mind that since this is a Pokémon forum, your chances to win might increase if you build something that is sort of relevant.. ;)

You can either use your own lego or download this, which is basically a free-for-charge lego building program. Don't let the fact that you've got no lego keep you from participating!

The Rules

1. All PokéCommunity rules apply to this competition.
2. The work submitted must be your original work. Note that this means that you cannot use instructions for a previously released Lego model, but for instance using a picture for reference while building would be fine, since that would make it your own original work.
3. Multiple submissions are permitted.
4. Submit your entries on this thread.
5. Also note that the winning person will have their submission made into their emblem, so try your best to make it good!

Entry Period:
12:00 AM, Friday, July 15
to
11:59 PM Monday, July 18

Judging Period:
12:00 AM, Tuesday, July 19
to
11:59 PM, Friday, July 21

Judges and criteria?

Opposite Day
<- blame this guy

Judging criteria include, but are not limited to;
1. Creativity, creativity, creativity! Let those ideas spring out from your fingertips!
2. Execution of the subject. A well-built model is more likely to achive a higher score than a poorly built one, for instance.

Prizes?

Emblems! Emblems for everyone!
There will be given out emblems for participating, placing second, as well as of course winning the competition. There is also one additional emblem if your submission really manages to overwhelm the judges..

Spoiler:

Enjoy yourself. If anything is unclear to you, don't hesitate to contact me :)

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Is this strictly name brand lego's or would we be allowed to use megablok's and BTR bricks?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Odd issue- Avira told me there is a virus. False positive?

I've been running it for days with no issue, so most likely yeah.

Edit: Time to add my entry!

Spoiler:

Not great but eh. Harder than I thought it was gonna be.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
My submission is based on a town on my hack. UnderwaterSapphire.

Here's UnderwaterSapphire's map:
Spoiler:

And here's my lego entry (I just updated it):
Spoiler:

It's not perfect but I think I did well.

Last edited:

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years
I didn't feel like dragging out my entire Lego collection, so I just made something simple with various 2x_ and 1x_ bricks.

Sorry about the blurriness and the lighting, my camera and the lighting in my room isn't the best xD
Spoiler:

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
mine's the sign from fire red. i was horribly uninspired today, but expect another entry by monday.

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
Years
Well it took me about 40 minutes to do but I think being a spriter helped me with all the patience it took to finish this.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Here's my entry.
Spoiler:

Years
Ah, I loved doing this competition last year. I actually gave away most of my lego when I moved earlier in the year, but I still had enough to make an entry for this year.

Spoiler:

The picture doesn't give you the best view of what I made, but I couldn't get my webcam into a better position without there being some funky lighting effects.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
Regardless of the GT8 being extended, I really won't have the time to make a decent judge on any new submissions, that, and considering how this is a rather specific event, I doubt that there will be any more entries. Having therefore delayed this by one day just to make sure, this is now closed for any further submissions, and the top placers will be chosen and revealed within the 21. of July.

Thanks for participating all!

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Just so you know, there's an error in the first post. It says Friday July 21, when I believe it's supposed to be Thursday. Not like it really matters now, but just pointing it out in case you still want to change it.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
My apologies for not getting this up sooner - due to recent events in Norway I've had quite the hard time, not allowing me to focus on fixing this event as soon as I would've liked. For what it is worth, I am sorry :/

Placing second in the GT8 Lego Building Competition is twistedpuppy with his version of Oak's Lab.

Placing first and thereby winning the GT8 Lego Building Competition is NovaStar with his pikachu sprite.

Congratulations to all, to those that did, and to those that didn't place! Thanks for being patient with me despite my absences, it has been a pleasure to review and behold all of your creativity and masterpieces.

You may comment on this thread further if you really desire or want to congratulate the winners, but other than that this thread can for all purposes be considered done for and locked.

Once again, thanks!

Back