• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Years
I found another bug about Mega Evo, this time I notice that if: the player is in a double battle and activate the mega evolution button, then choose a target to attack, but cancel the choice, the mega evolution button does not reappear, however the mega pokémon normally evolves. It's more of a visual mistake.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Primordial weather is immediately canceled in double battles (and probably doesn't work in singles if only the foe has the ability).
The code currently looks like this. The "if !hasabil" is inside the for loop, which means we'll potentially cancel the weather on each iteration.
Spoiler:

I think it should look like this (untested):
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I don't know if this has been reported before, but these moves don't work correctly.
I'm using unmodified 17.2 Essentials with USENEWBATTLEMECHANICS = true
First Flying Press doesn't add the Flying-type damage, to fix this change class PokeBattle_Move_144 in PokeBattle_MoveEffects from this:
Spoiler:
to this:
Spoiler:
Then add this block to PokeBattle_Move right after the Freeze-Dry block and before this line
Code:
return mod1*mod2*mod3*(mult/8.0)
Spoiler:
Thanks to mgriffin for this solution.

The next move is King's Shield. The problem with it is it will continue to protect and never fails when used consecutively.
It worked for me by changing this line in PokeBattle_MoveEffects in the King's Shield block
Code:
(!USENEWBATTLEMECHANICS &&
       @battle.pbRandom(65536)>=(65536/attacker.effects[PBEffects::ProtectRate]).floor)
to this:
Code:
@battle.pbRandom(65536)>=(65536/attacker.effects[PBEffects::ProtectRate]).floor
And finally Knock Off does the same damage whether the opponent loses its item or not, I still don't know how to fix this yet since I haven't messed around with it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
The import all battle animations option always gives this error when it finishes importing:
Spoiler:

DjinnAndTonic

Disgaeamon
Years
It seems that trying to search the PokeDex by Weight while having your computer set to a US Country setting will produce a crash. It's an easy fix should you run into this:

On line ~595 in PScreen_PokedexMain
simply change the params[6] and params[7] to sel[0] and sel[1] , respectively.

From this:
Code:
      if pbGetCountry==0xF4   # If the user is in the United States
        wt1 = (parama[6]>[email protected]) ? 99990 : (wt1/0.254).round
        wt2 = (params[7]]<0) ? 99990 : (wt2/0.254).round
        txt1 = sprintf("%.1f",wt1/10.0)
        txt2 = sprintf("%.1f",wt2/10.0)
        hwoffset = true
      else

to this:

Code:
      if pbGetCountry==0xF4   # If the user is in the United States
        wt1 = (sel[0]>[email protected]) ? 99990 : (wt1/0.254).round
        wt2 = (sel[1]<0) ? 99990 : (wt2/0.254).round
        txt1 = sprintf("%.1f",wt1/10.0)
        txt2 = sprintf("%.1f",wt2/10.0)
        hwoffset = true
      else

Years
  • Seen yesterday
In PScreen_Summary (lines 540 and 559):
Code:
mapname = INTL("Faraway place") if !mapname || mapname==""
Should be _INTL.

(Found by loading a save from a different game due to them both using the unmodified name)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
There's an issue with the sprite positions of forms. BattlerPlayerY, BattlerEnemyY and BattlerAltitude from pokemonforms.txt are showing up correctly in the game's sprite position modifier however it's not working in battle like shown in the screenshots:

MY1psuN.png
ozu86O8.png

I found a couple of threads with solutions for this problem but I haven't tested them yet Post1 Post2.
If anyone knows an easier way to fix this please let us know.

Edit: Neither solution from the two posts worked for me. I might have messed up with trying to implement the solution from the first post though, since it's complicated and some scripts there are intended for v16. So someone with better understanding of scripts might have a better luck trying to make it work. I should also note that even if it worked you have to enter BattlerPlayerY, BattlerEnemyY and BattlerAltitude in the script section it's still not taking the PBS values into account so it's not a perfect solution.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I add the languages section, and here what happened.
All the fonts (expect for DP) doesn't show the Chinese, Japanese, and/or Korean text.

Attachments

• Pokemon Essentials 1 2019-12-09 9_07_55 PM.png
    Pokemon Essentials 1 2019-12-09 9_07_55 PM.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 34
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I add the languages section, and here what happened.
All the fonts (expect for DP) doesn't show the Chinese, Japanese, and/or Korean text.

I don't know about your problem, however this thread is for unmodified Essentials only as far as I know. Maybe you should make a separate thread if you already changed things in your Pokemon Essentials.

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2021
pbBuyTriads appears to be broken:
Code:
---------------------------
Pokemon Exploration
[Pokémon Essentials version 17]

Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Script error within event 23 (coords 14,2), map 13 (Game Corner):

Exception: ArgumentError

Message: PMinigame_TripleTriad:1123:in `<'comparison of Fixnum with String failed

***Full script:

pbBuyTriads

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

PMinigame_TripleTriad:1123:in `pbBuyTriads'

PMinigame_TripleTriad:1107:in `loop'

PMinigame_TripleTriad:1155:in `pbBuyTriads'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:in `eval'

Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'

Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:161:in `follow_update'

Scene_Map:159:in `loop'

Scene_Map:168:in `follow_update'

:1551:in `update'

HM100

HM100 the Techno
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
pbBuyTriads appears to be broken:
Code:
Pokemon Exploration
[Pokémon Essentials version 17]

Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Script error within event 23 (coords 14,2), map 13 (Game Corner):

Exception: ArgumentError

Message: PMinigame_TripleTriad:1123:in `<'comparison of Fixnum with String failed

***Full script:

pbBuyTriads

PMinigame_TripleTriad:1123:in `pbBuyTriads'

PMinigame_TripleTriad:1107:in `loop'

PMinigame_TripleTriad:1155:in `pbBuyTriads'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:in `eval'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:161:in `follow_update'

Scene_Map:159:in `loop'

Scene_Map:168:in `follow_update'

:1551:in `update'

It seems that this game uses the Original Essentials 17. This is only for the unmodified Essentials 17.2 and this bug was fixed in Essentials 17.1

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2021
It seems that this game uses the Original Essentials 17. This is only for the unmodified Essentials 17.2 and this bug was fixed in Essentials 17.1

Hmm. Damn. Was hopeful I had 17.2 but... it's a bit hard to find. What's the easiest way to check a version?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Hmm. Damn. Was hopeful I had 17.2 but... it's a bit hard to find. What's the easiest way to check a version?
When you get the error message, the first line reports the version number.
Code:
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Good luck when it comes to finding v17.2.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Using the "Import All Battle Animations" command fails because "index" is undefined on "animations.resize(index)". Which is weird, because I thought the version of Ruby in RMXP would leak variables from inside blocks into the outer scopes. Anyway, my lazy fix was "index = nil" on line 769 (i.e. just before the loop that sets index).

Years
I'm pretty sure this is the place to post this...since i'm pretty sure Eerie Impulse is in the unmodified 17.2 scripts. But basically whenever my Pokémon OR the opposing Pokémon uses the move Eerie Impulse, I get this error message:

Pokemon Essentials
Exception: NoMethodError
PokeBattle_Move:285:in `pbTypeImmunityByAbility'
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:516:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:3131:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3130:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:3130:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3363:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:3362:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:3362:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battle:2829:in `pbAttackPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2826:in `each'

This exception was logged in
C:\Users\James\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

As far as I can tell this only happens with eerie impulse. I don't know if something I changed in the scripts did this or if it's in vanilla essentials, since Eerie Impulse is a pretty uncommon move to see used in the first place. If it helps, the most recent thing I did was auto-position the battle sprites via the debug menus. Not sure how that could have affected just a single move though. Thanks in advance for the help :)

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
I'm pretty sure this is the place to post this...since i'm pretty sure Eerie Impulse is in the unmodified 17.2 scripts. But basically whenever my Pokémon OR the opposing Pokémon uses the move Eerie Impulse, I get this error message:

Pokemon Essentials
Exception: NoMethodError
PokeBattle_Move:285:in `pbTypeImmunityByAbility'
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:516:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:3131:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3130:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:3130:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3363:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:3362:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:3362:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battle:2829:in `pbAttackPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2826:in `each'

This exception was logged in
C:\Users\James\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

As far as I can tell this only happens with eerie impulse. I don't know if something I changed in the scripts did this or if it's in vanilla essentials, since Eerie Impulse is a pretty uncommon move to see used in the first place. If it helps, the most recent thing I did was auto-position the battle sprites via the debug menus. Not sure how that could have affected just a single move though. Thanks in advance for the help :)

You need to change the move's target, inside move.txt, from PBS foldee. IIRC, should be 00 (SingleNorUser) instead 04.
If you don't know how to edit: https://essentialsdocs.fandom.com/wiki/Defining_a_move

Years
Wow, so that's all I had to do huh? Interestingly, eerie impulse was defined as "10", not 04. So it was targeting the user of the move, which I guess is why it was causing errors. Not sure if I changed that by accident, or if it is that way normally. Anyway, thanks for the help, Wolf :)

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Wow, so that's all I had to do huh? Interestingly, eerie impulse was defined as "10", not 04. So it was targeting the user of the move, which I guess is why it was causing errors. Not sure if I changed that by accident, or if it is that way normally. Anyway, thanks for the help, Wolf :)

Some moves from PBS were added incorrectly (function or target, untill the other stuffs). You'll have to check one by one.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 16, 2021
Mat Block doesn't function properly. It's meant to only work on the user's first turn on the battlefield, like Fake Out. But it currently works regardless of how many turns the user's been out for.

Back