• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Tales of Sinnoh: Dimensions (M) (IC)

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

Tales of Sinnoh: Dimensions​

=> IC THREAD

Do you believe in destiny? As long as we draw our breath, our Wheels of Fate turns, spinning our small and big experiences together. The wheel is said to represent life. Although it may appears to be infinite, and our choices limitless, like our destinies, the wheels of fate can come to but one end. When that wheel of fate stops.. the illusion is revealed and the implacability of fate is laid bare. Death.

Mr. Cyrus was a business man, who worked alongside the good professor of the Sinnoh region, Professor Rowan, in order to create one thing: the bonds between the trainer and pokemon. How can bonds help life? What can bonds accomplish in general? What exactly is bonds? One thing was for certain though, these bonds can become strong. And that strength can only be brought out by each new individual trainer. Today is the day where teenagers & young adults of age are able to obtain their newly starter pokemon, and travel through the Sinnoh region, for their hopes, dreams, and creating these new bonds.

What will be the fate of these trainers? Only time will tell.

Rules

★ Please be sure to follow the regular PC and RP Corner rules!
★ Bunnying is only allowed when agreed upon beforehand between players!
★ Do not godmod. It's no fun if a player is completely unbeatable or evolves all their pokémon early on.
★ You can capture pokémon without the need for the GM's approval!
★ When you want to enter a new area, wait for the GM to describe it first!
★ Whenever you finish an event, levels will be handed for your pokemon!
★ If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Accepted Players

MysticalNinetales as Violetta Marseille

Ozymandias as Laura Markos

Pudding as Estelle Beatriz Santiago

Magnificent Magilou as Zack Winchester

Evily as Meiko Nanatsu

Noraxia as Emmy Markab

Sephear as Ryan Hebel

Jay as Soren Garreth

IcyIce as Sora Tadokoro

Cyaloom as Brendan Caulfield

Current Location

Sandgem Town マサゴタウン
"Town of Sand!"

Sinnoh_Sandgem_Town_Map.png

---

3 months ago...

Sinnoh_Lake_Verity_Map.png
Somewhere in Sinnoh, there was a certain lake, that was said to have held a mystical aura surrounding it. Lake Verity. Legends told that the lake, along with Lake Valor and Lake Acuity, is tied to the myth of the creation of the Pokémon world, specifically the creation of spirit. Other than that, it was symbolic of the water-rich Sinnoh region, for it's peace, tranquility, and a quiet place for a variety of Pokemon. Or at least, it was until that fateful day.

The sounds of explosions and blasts seemingly from advanced machinery erupted the area, scaring off the pokemon that were around it at that time. The ones responsible, were people dressed in peculiar fashion, being led by an individual who wore a strange mask on his face. Their arrival was sudden, but they were here for one thing. A certain Pokemon.

The masked man surveyed the area's blast zone. His main plan was to flush out their target out, by any means necessary. Nothing was in sigh, except for a few Magikarp, flopping around on a small part of the dried up lake's surface of the blast.

Nothing in sight coming, he signaled for another blast to start, but. this time he was interrupted by a brilliant flash of light. The light eventually materialized, forming a small, twin-tailed pokemon. It's most striking feature was it was partially magenta face with four long, drooping appendages and another red gem encrusted in its forehead.

"Found you. At last," said the masked stranger. "You are ours, now. Come."

The Pokemon let loose a fierce, determined cry.

What remained of it's fate? The following battle was not put in any records.

---

The Present Day - Chapter 1 - Sandgem Town

Sinnoh_Sandgem_Town_Map.png
The world of Pokemon was supposed to be a world filled with trust, hope, and love for living beings as they all work together to achieve their dreams. However, in reality, this world is twisted. Dark. Lonely. At least, in the eyes of few. But for Pokemon Trainers, this world is filled with endless possibilities, and dreams that can one day become reality.

Welcome to Sandgem Town! This small town notably has sandy terrain to the south, the beginnings of a small place called Sandgem Beach, home to a few Pokemon. Most importantly, this town has Professor Rowen's Lab, where Professor Rowen works, helping out newcomer trainers. Today was a very special day however, so while he's not in his lab, he still helps in a collaborative effort to help newcomer trainers together.

The newcomer trainers arrived here, most likely at different times, to have already received their Pokedex, and Pokeballs from the lab. Most importantly, their partner pokemon from home, or awaiting to be picked up from the lab as well. It was the perfect place to start their journey! What adventures await them? Only time will tell...

Available Pokemon (they can learn moves up to level 15):

pidgey.gif
starly.gif
bidoof.gif
krabby.gif
meowth.gif
phanpy.gif
teddiursa.gif
glameow.gif
sentret.gif
sunkern.gif
trubbish.gif
ledyba.gif
ralts.gif
taillow.gif
budew.gif

IC Note: For now, take this opportunity to get comfy with your character, your pokemon, and the beginning of their tale! Rowen isn't in his lab, so you won't find him in this part. This part will be simple, so the substance can be filled in by you! There are opportunities for more stuff later on, so stay tuned for that!

Next time... Route 202

Last edited:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
A55KnHA.jpg

Current Team - Soren:
swablu.gif
Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

A New Blue Sky
Current Location : Sandgem Town

"Hmm..." Soren mumbled to himself, his hood up to cover his head from the rising sun and to make him look a little, well, sneakier, as he knelt carefully behind a thicker patch of shrubbery, book and pen in hand. A few meters before him, thankfully still blissfully unaware of his presence, was a bright blue pokémon... it's large ears flopping as it playfully ran across the grass, attempting to roll itself into a ball. It was a young phanpy, perhaps not long from its egg, eagerly practicing techniques it had seen its mother preform, most likely that is. Donphan were proud and maternal parents that taught their young what was necessary to survive, unlike many other harsher examples from pokémon in the wild.

"Fascinating... is this process how pokémon learn new moves in the wild? Through sheer practice and force of will...?" With excitement Soren flicked through the pages of the purple, leather bound tome in his hands and began to jot down a few notes, so engrossed was he that he didn't even feel the tiny touch of small talons finding purchase on his hooded head.

"Swaa...?" A hushed sing song tweet echoes from above him, alerting Soren to Ciel's presence. "Yes, yes I know... I'll be but a few more moments..." He responded, to the small pokémons clear distaste.

"Blu! Swablu..."

"I know, I know I have a pokédex, but it doesn't tell me everything I want to know."

"Swablu...?"

"Well, yes, of course I still want it, it provides a wonderful start into the understanding of pokémon physiology and how I can better-"

"Swab."

"Yes... Yes I know I said we'd do the gym challenge."

"Blu, blu?"

"Yes, I'm aware that was the condition set before we left for this journey."

"Swa... blu."

"W-wait, you wouldn't-!"

As their conversation finished, Ciel opened her beak and released a shrill and shocking note, the sudden cry was infused with the power of disarming voice, and the piercing sound caused the young Phanpy Soren had been examining to leap near a foot off the ground in fright. Waving it's trunk frantically and trumpeting its surprise, it stumbled slightly as it rapidly turned away from the sound and bolted, charging into the nearby foliage until it was far beyond Soren's sight.

"Gah! Why would you do that!" Soren yelled, standing up and waving Ciel off of his head in exasperation. "I was studying and you just-... ugh..." As he turned, he saw the small pokémon had already perched itself on a nearby branch, a smug expression on its tiny face. "Insufferable... but fair, I suppose... I did promise adventure and exploration did I not?" He smiled, defeated, though Ciel seemed pleased, fluttering up to his shoulder and chirping her approval melodically.

Stepping out of the shrubbery, Soren looked down from his position, a small hillock overlooking Sandgem town. Stepping back out into the morning sun, the light stung his eyes for a brief moment as he left the somewhat gloomy glade he had been gathering information in. The light illuminated the town before him, droplets of rain from the night before reflecting off the rooftops with prisms of light, giving the village a picturesque feel.

His gaze turned to the pokémon laboratory he had camped outside this morning... yes, camped. The lab assistants found it strange that a new trainer would be so eager so as to be at the building many hours before opening, but they had no trouble giving him his pokédex and pokéballs regardless.

As he watched, he saw many other youths and pokémon scramble outside, more hopefuls set to tackle the gyms, contests and other challenges that Sinnoh had to offer. His potential allies, contacts and, perhaps, opponents in the days to come.

A new chapter had started on that day, with the new morning sun shining down from atop a bright blue sky. Soren couldn't help but smile as he pat Ciel's wing and began meandering his way towards the town below.

The journey had at last begun.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

L660qCq.jpg

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years

Estelle Beatriz Santiago

beldum.gif
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png

Day Uno

Not a Pichu stirred within the Santiago household. Darkness and silence engulfed the insides of the one-floor brick house, background white noise emanating from the central air unit lulling the family to sleep.

That is, until an alarm clock broke the spell. It echoed throughout the house, waking up both the father and Beldum. Estelle shifted in her burgundy bed, murmuring her dream happenings.

Beldum hummed itself to life, scarlet eye adjusting to the sudden appearance of light leaking from under the bedroom door amidst the pitch black.

They nudged Estelle, having been asked to wake her when her father arose. Bel. Bel.

"Nnnnngh. Already?" Estelle's groggy voice was muffled by the pillow, barely audible.

Beldum gave her a minute before pulling off the covers, prompting her to grunt in response to the cold. "It's so-" her words were cut short upon her partner throwing a pair of warm clothes on her face. "Ah. Thanks."

The morning was calm and serene. Estelle was careful not to disturb the others still in slumber, who unlike her, had stayed awake past midnight. After all, her family wanted to celebrate her last day home before she departed on her journey the following morning.

The young adult set the toaster's timer at one minute, maple syrup on hand. "Did you sleep good?" Estelle curiously asked her Beldum, who hummed in glee. "Good! Me too!"

"Aaah, me too!" a third voice chimed in, mocking Estelle's high pitched tone. Her father emerged from around the corner, entering the kitchen already dressed for work.

"Apaaaaa!"

"Ay, my big girl is leaving." He pulled his daughter into a tight embrace, hands messing up her still-wet marble hair. "Take care of yourself. Call your mom when you can. You know how she worries." Beldum grinned at the man upon its turn for affection, receiving a short rub underneath the head. "Take care of her for us, si?"

"I'll really miss you all," Estelle began, only to jump at the sound of her waffles suddenly pushed out the toaster. "Haha... ah, thank you dad. For everything."

"No no, that's why we're here. We'll always be here no matter what you do." He snatched up his hot coffee in a thermal cup before heading out, heavy backpack forcing him into a plod. Estelle sullenly watched him leave, blurting out a farewell.

With a smirk and wink he closed the door, car headlights flooding the porch in white light.

Then silence.

"I'm hungry."

- - - - -​

An hour later and the young woman couldn't get herself to sleep. Excitement had long replaced the exhaustion she had awoken with.

"Bel you need a name. Dad never gave you one." She rolled over on her bed, now laying on her stomach to better face her new partner. "Is it okay if I give you a name?"

Dum.

"Is that a yes? I think that's a yes."

Beldum.

"Oooo you smiled... I think." There was a hint of confusion in her voice, unable to decipher the emotions of the steel creature like her father could. "Okay! So... so... like... um. Hm."

Sunlight poured in through the curtains, brightening the interior of the once dark house. Estelle continued to ponder, quietly making her way back out to the kitchen for another unhealthy snack.

"I want a name that sticks even after you evolve. Like, into Metagross. Colors? Do I name you Blue? Azul?"

Bel?

"Azul means blue. If you didn't know that," she immediately responded to the curious Beldum, hands opening the cupboards. But just as she was about to reach in for the chocolate granola bars a loud thump was heard. Beldum grew alert as Estelle approached the windows revealing the backyard.

There, by the small storage shed, a creature had knocked over one of the three trash cans.

She recognized that figure. And those long, annoyingly dull-colored appendages did nothing to calm her. Instead they ignited a vengeful anger accumulated over the years of seeing it get away with leaving litter all over the backyard. Who would clean it up? She did. She always did. Until now. Now she owns her very own Pokémon, one gifted to her by her father the prior day as a farewell present.

"Oooooh oh oh it's him." Beldum followed Estelle out the back screen door, "or is it a her? I never really bothered to check," and behind a tree, where together they observed the Trubbish tear open a garbage bag. Its contents spilled on top of the small thing, much to its delight.

"Ready? Since you float you can sneak up on that Trubbish." The new trainer let her pride get ahead of herself, confident she could win her very first Pokémon brawl.

Beldum.

"He's still under that pile of stuff so I need you to use Iron Head on it. Go!" Without hesitation the floating steel Pokemon dashed towards the living trash. "...or her. Maybe it's a her."

Beldum engulfed itself in a white glow, its body visible through a black outline. BeeeeEEEELDUM! they hollered, startling the Trubbish from within the pile of trash goodness. However the thief was too slow and received full impact, forced against the storage door that gave out the last second, sending both Pokémon inside.

"Ayee! Sh*t." Estelle awkwardly leaped into a sprint, hand swiping hair out from view. Inside she found the Trubbish cornered by Beldum, who was awaiting further instructions. "You're really strong, you know that?" she commented, wincing upon the sight of a damaged storage door. She held her tongue, afraid of damaging the shed further.

Trubbish saw the opportunity. It hopped and bounced off Beldum towards the exit Estelle blocked. In panic she grabbed the nearest bucket and trapped the unsuspecting critter.

She sat on it, trying not to fall off the moving prison. "I need you to use Iron Head again when I lift this bucket, okay? I'm uh... going to do it now. Uh." Once the movement faded Estelle jolted out from her position, hands lifting the bucket off the concrete below. Beldum followed suit, but instead of landing a hit on a soft body they impacted the hard pavement.

"Where- N-no!" As soon as reality hit her the trash bag Pokemon descended from the lifted container, having held on tight at the inner top. They pounded Beldum further into the concrete before dragging them out the shed to further continue the brawl.

"Beldum!" She watched as Trubbish slapped her partner silly before pausing at the sight of Estelle. "Stop! No! Go- Oof!" she began, only to trip over the fallen garbage can. This caught Beldum's attention, who let out a startled Bel!. With their back turned the enemy took advantage, spitting out a glob of purple acid on to the distracted steel-type.

They ran away.

Estelle shot up, wet grass blades sticking to her body and unruly hair. "Hey hey heyheyhey are you okay?" she worried, kneeling to Beldum's eye level. Despite wincing it nodded in response. The acid spray slid right off of them; they're immune to poison. But having hit the concrete as hard as they did really pained them. "You look like sh*t, uh. Okay. Pokémon Center is open all day. I think I remember where it is."

Dum.

"You did good you did good." Nobody would wake up for another hour or so. A quick trip to and from wouldn't be noticeable.

Estelle placed Beldum on to a bike's basket and began her trek to her destination. "You're strong and you would have won, but I fell so it's my fault. Don't feel bad."

Bel.

"Or maybe you don't feel bad... do you? Dad was so much better at reading you and stuff. You sound the same everytime."

Beldum.

"You know, now that I think about it, I could have returned you to your Pokéball in that fight. It just never crossed my mind. Wow."

...beldum.

"I'm so sorry. Our first wild Pokémon fight and we got an F for failure. We need to up our game here."

Dum.

"I need to up my game. You did fine. Pretend you didn't hear that."

She pedaled past houses and fences, a soothing image against the morning sunrise to the steel type. As Estelle swallowed her guilt and began to fabricate a possible white lie to her mother in case her absence is noticed, Beldum replayed the events in their head.

At last they neared the Pokémon Center. They weren't the only early birds, obviously hunted by the many youth already up and about. Their joy flooded the vicinity, somewhat easing her stress.

She parked the bike by the Center's automatic doors and roughly swooped Beldum from the basket.

For it being her first day to an exciting journey... well, it didn't begin how she expected it to. It could have been worse though, right?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
UuTrNKW.gif
Zack Winchester
Sandgem Town
Chapter 1-1 | Slow Starts

Current Party:
RMPGSjO.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

Zack set on a bench located close to the beach of Sandgem Town. To say that he was a little... underwhelmed was an understatement. He had always figured that taking those first steps as an official Pokémon trainer would have been a bit more... exciting. That feeling as you received your Pokédex, along with your first Pokémon was something that the boy had to admit he was looking forward to. Of course, there was a bit of an issue in the fact that he already had his Pokémon with him when he went to collect that most important of handheld devices, as well as some poké balls, but he knew that there was no need to really argue over the minor details like that. It didn't seem to help the fact that Professor Rowan himself wasn't even there to give himself as well as those he could only consider to be fellow budding trainers their tools of the trade as well.

"And to think, I skipped breakfast so we could get there early even..." Zack mumbled. As if to add emphasis to the situation, the faint growling of the teenager's stomach could be heard, causing him to sigh in frustration. "Let's go, Charlie. I'm sure we can go grab some grub down at the Pokémon Center."

With a yawn, Zack hopped off the bench he was sitting on and stretched. He turned his attention towards Charlie, which just so happened to be his prized Charmander, who had been busy watching a scuttling Krabby moving up and down the beach for sometime now. Zack watched silently as the fire lizard's tail swished back and forth, all the while Charlie slowly, cautiously brought a single claw to just short of the crab Pokémon's face. Without a moment of hesitation, the wild Krabby quickly brought his mighty pincher forward and snapped it fiercely around the Charmander's claw. Charlie let out a yelp of surprise as he quickly pulled away, only to be showered with a quick shot of bubbles from the wild Krabby before it scurried away. Zack rolled his eyes at the sight, kneeling down to the Charmander's level.

"We haven't even been out and about but for an hour or two, and you're already getting us into trouble," Zack mused. Charlie glanced up at his trainer with a rather derpy-looking grin on his face, seemingly not angered at the wild Pokémon for its actions in the slightest bit. Without a moment's delay, Charlie began to hurry after his trainer as he led the way back into town proper. "Not that I'm surprised, mind you. It's just I figured that you could at least wait until after we get some grub, yeah?"

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years

Brendan Caulfield
Sandgem Town
Chapter 1 - 1
When Brendan receives instruction from none other than Professor Rowan, he'll make sure to follow them closely. That's why the boy showed up in front of the lab when it had just opened – and was surprised to find at least five other trainers already waiting in line. They came from all over the region, and their goals were very different, too. All that Brendan had to do was avoid waking up late, have breakfast, ensure to look decent and make his way to the lab on his bike – whereas some people had to travel extensively the previous day and book an accommodation in Sandgem Town.
Brendan didn't have to wait long for its turn. Rowan's assistant happily handed over a new Pokédex and some Pokéballs, then had a look at some documents and grabbed another Pokéball – the one that held inside Brendan's starter Pokémon. "Come on, press the button on the Pokéball! Aren't you curious to see which starter you've received?"
The assistant was right. When Brendan applied, he didn't pick a particular starter: he only stated that he would have liked a Water type. It was going to be a Piplup anyways – or a Psyduck, a Tentacool, a Goldeen.
"sea?"

It was a surprise after another for Brendan to find that his starter was Horsea, a Pokémon usually seen in the colder waters around northern Sinnoh but almost impossible to find near Sandgem. A Pokémon that, eventually, would become a Dragon type. One of those Pokémon he'd seen not more than two times in his lifetime.
"Will you give a nickname to this Horsea?" the assistant brought Brendan back to reality.
"Good idea" mumbled Brendan while struggling to think about a clever name. "Maybe… Kelpsy?"
It was the first thing that came to his mind: the Kelpsy Berry extract, a strong-flavored and quite rare seasoning, only to be used in the restaurant's finest specialties.

Whereas Brendan's father was staying in Twinleaf that week, harvesting some more berries, his mother was running the family restaurant in Sandgem. That was Brendan's next destination – after all, he'd promised to show her his new Pokémon before stepping out of the town and beginning his journey. Brendan's parents had already reassured him that they supported his choice to travel around the region and that not having one more person contributing to the family business was not that big of a deal.
"For once" Brendan thought as he peddled, "they seemed to care more about me and my goals, and less about the restaurant, the reputation, the family as a whole". The memory went back to three months before, when an explosion was heard near Twinleaf. Brendan noticed it too, but was told that no one was hurt and that it was nothing to worry about. What if there was something more to it?

Only a few people could be seen hanging around Sandgem beach, slightly further ahead, as Brendan entered triumphantly from the front door of the almost empty restaurant. High season had still to begin and it was still early for most people to have lunch.
His mother greeted him and his little seahorse Pokémon with shiny eyes – happy that his son had just received his own Pokémon, but at the same time a bit sad that he had to leave Sandgem. As she was preparing a berry smoothie when Brendan arrived, she offered some to both him and Kelpsy. "Consider this my way of saying goodbye!" she said.
And so the journey of Brendan and Kelpsy began with the boy enjoying a great smoothie, and the poor Horsea spitting it all back out. The Pokémon couldn't help it, there definitely was a certain berry in there that it hated. Brendan apologized and started cleaning the place, but his partner was not upset – if anything, he was amused by what happened. In Kelpsy's mind that was not a big deal, it was just something that can happen between friends.

Team:
116MS.png
Kelpsy

Last edited:

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
Years

^
Megumi%2BTadokoro.jpg
^
Meiko Nanatsu

mudkip.gif
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png

Meiko looked outside the window as she sat in one of the L-shaped seats in the Pokemon Center, watching as the sun started to rise and the rain drops sliding down the window. She came all the way here from Twinleaf Town only to find the Professor out on a small trip. She had lived on her own for most of her life, so she was used to being alone, but a couple days ago, she wasn't so lonely anymore.

~Flashback~
Meiko scrubbed the dirt off the dish, currently washing any unfinished dishes, and right after, she had to check on the laundry she left outside to dry.
*Knock* *Knock*
"Hmm?" Meiko looked up from the dishes, closing the tap water and putting her current dish on the sink, wiping her wet hand on a towel beside her, used for drying. As she walked to the door, she saw her father's pokemon, a Feraligatr, laying down on the carpet in front of the couch. It had one eye open and, doing as her father had told him, watching over her. She grabbed the handle and looked through the peephole, only to see nobody.
"There's nobody…." She moved back and was about to turn around when she heard another knock, but it sounded like it was coming from the bottom of the door instead of the middle or top. Meiko looked back and hesitantly turned the handle, opening the door and looked outside, she saw nobody, but felt something hit her foot. She looked down to see a small wrapped box, or it was wrapped and closed, but now it's opened just enough for the pokeball around her foot to fall through.
"A package? Could it be…." 'The one from the Professor?' She grabbed the package and pokeball in one arm and the other, she closed the door, locking it. She walked over to the couch, minding her feet with Feraligatr, and sat, putting the package on her lap and pokeball in hand.
'How did this pokeball get out? Did someone try to steal it, but accidentally drop it?' She blinked as the pokeball in her hand moved, twirled, and hopped, causing her to try and hold it with both hands.
"Woah!" She accidentally threw it up, causing the pokeball to open and shoot out a glowing light, materializing on the couch to her left. Her father's Feraligatr, hearing the opening of a pokeball, sat up and looked on. The light dispersed, revealing…..

~Flashback Ends~

Kip!
"Huh?"Meiko looked at her lap, seeing her partner, a Mudkip. "Sorry, was lost in the past."She pet his head, earning a happy cry. She named him Chip, she didn't know why, it just sounded right. She grabbed her bag that was beside her and opened it, seeing her sky blue pokedex, 5 pokeballs, Chip's pokeball, 4 potions, 3 revives, 4 full heals, and 2 pairs of escape rope. She also had a box of pokepuffs that she made the night before right after arriving at the Pokemon Center.
"Everyone's coming in…" Meiko looked out the window to see a tent(?) near the Professor's Lab and other new trainers arriving, an orange haired boy her age walked towards the beach with a Charmander following him and a brown haired boy leaving the lab, also heading for the beach. "I wonder if….no, impossible." She looked at the boy and then the people entering the town and then looked at her hands, shaking at the mere thought. "I can't trust them, I have to do this on my own…."
Mud Ki! Chip jumped on his trainer's shoulders and cuddled up to her, intending to cheer her up.
"Thanks boy, but the impossible is still impossible…" She muttered as she looked down, clutching her brown pendant, rubbing her thumb on the rainbow stone in the middle of the pendant. 'Father...where did you go?'

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

B6gLyQW.jpg

Name: Sora Tadokoro

Pokemon: Fletchling

Sora looked at the beach as he took a bite of an apple that he got at the Pokemon Center earlier than morning before the sun had even risen and rain was still falling. He wanted to get to the beach and position himself enough to where he could snap a picture of the sunrise. However, he had forgotten than the mountains split the region, making the sun rise later on the western side. He realized this soon after, but decided to stay out in nature.

He climbed a tree and positioned his body where it was comfortable. On his head, slept a pokemon from Kalos known as Fletchling. The pokemon was a Normal/Flying type, but would eventually become a Fire/Flying. Sora's uncle had given his daughter and Sora a flying type pokemon at the same time after receiving word from Prof. Rowan that he wanted Sora to journey in Sinnoh while his cousin went to a different region Sora hadn't heard of. His uncle was a pilot so he knew the professors well from making deliveries. Sora never thought Prof. Rowan would actually send a Pokedex to him when he was in Kalos, thousands of miles away from Sinnoh. Sora was thankful, but also terrified. He would eventually have to cross the mountains. He knew it would be very challenging for him.

When Sora was younger, he lost his family to avalanche in Kalos. His uncle took him in and he grew up with his cousin. At first, they never got along. One light, snowy morning, his cousin made him go outside with her after winning a bet. Sora refused because he was terrified of anything related to snow. It didn't help that he was in a depressed state at the time, but he made good on the bet and went outside, ground covered in snow.

She took him to the Couriway Falls in Couriway Town. As they arrived, the fog that covered his eyes lifted and glittered at the site of the mix between snow, water and moonlight. The waterfalls crashed against the surface and the snow fell, the moonlight causing all of it to sparkle as if the moon, water, and snow were all dancing together. However, that wasn't all that was going on. There was a Sky Battle Royal going on as well. The flying type pokemon danced through the snow and falls, battling each other. He and his cousin watched the entire battled in amazement. After that morning, Sora and his cousin became far closed than they ever had been. After seeing such beauty, Sora was no longer afraid of a little snow, but he still feared Ice Types and blizzards. They decided to become Sky Trainers and one day fight each other. This was one reason he and his cousin had decided on different regions to go to, but also because his cousin had suggest Sinnoh so that he could face his fears head on.

'Fletch.' Sora's Fletchling woke.

"Ah your finally awake sleepy head."

'Fletch fletch fletchling.'

"It isn't my fault you stayed up all night watching the 50 Shades of Murkrow outside the window. Dirty bird."

'Fletch! Fletch! Fletchling!'

"Yeah ok. Sure you were watching them to make sure they didn't steal my shiny stuff. A likely excuse."

'FLETCH!'

"Ok ok fine."

'Fletchling.' The bird chirped, crossing its wings.

Sora took out his orange and grey pokedex, mainly to reach his Holocaster to make sure his cousin hadn't sent him a message or anything, which she hadn't. He looked at the time, "I guess we should get to town to get some real breakfast." Sora suggested.

'Fletch fletch fletch!' Fletchling chirped in agreement.

Sora climbed down the tree, his Fletchling landing on his head, "Remind me to give you a nickname today." Sora said, starting back to the Pokemon Center.

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Laura Markos - A Rough Start?

swinub.png

"That one's definitely a... uh... um..."

Laura wracked her brain as her she searched for the name of the tiny blue pokemon rolling around in the mud before her.

"A ground type that's a native of the Johto region, just like you Andy. Now if I could only remember its name!" The young trainer's brow continued to furrow while the Swinub she had received only a few hours prior nudged the bag containing her poke-dex.

"I know, I know, but what type of pokemon researcher can't even remember the name of a simple species like this! Professor Rowan would be so disappointed in me." As the names of various Johto species flew through her mind, its name finally came to her.

"Donphan! That's what it was!" With the gleeful expression of a child on their way to the candystore, Laura whipped out her poke-dex to confirm her sudden realization.

"Phanpy, the Long Nose Pokemon. It is strong despite its compact size. It can easily pick up and carry an adult human on its back."

"Oh... well we were close?" Struggling to find a bright side to her mistake, she sighed, taking a seat on the tree behind her. She continued to watch the Phanpy play in the mud as Andy nudged her in encouragement.

"I read all those books, I worked so hard, and for what? I can't even identify a simple species like Phanpy." The Swinub beside her gave what resembled a look of pity up at his trainer. "I could never be an assistant to Professor Oak like this, let alone conduct my own research."

Laura paused to look down at Andy beside her, who was almost taken aback as he realized her expression was one of joy rather than the sadness he had perceived from her words.

"I might not be there yet, but that's why we're going on this adventure!" Brimming with a vigor that the Swinub wouldn't have thought possible from such a tiny girl, Laura scrambled to her feet, facing him as she did.

"We're gonna learn so much and experience so much and meet so many new friends! I may not know much right now, but by the end of this thing, we're gonna be ready to help out Professor Oak with his research! Maybe one day we'll even be able to do our own research and have our own lab, and help out kids that are where we're at right now!" The young woman took a deep breath, exhausted from her sudden outburst. "So what do you say Andy? Are you with me?"

"Swin." The Swinub wasn't so convinced that this eccentric girl would ever be a pokemon professor one day, but she was so invigorated that he couldn't help but admire her spirit.

Last edited:
Years

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4c61725f635558706b6372512d773d3d2d3536363537363233372e313532393136363932386662333564333131383037323533353532322e6a7067

Violetta Marseille
Current Location: Sandgem Town
Pokemon:
Ani200MS.png

Sabrina the Misdreavus

Violetta studied herself in the mirror, smiling approvingly at her reflection. She had to ensure that her winged eyeliner was sharp enough to cut an Aggron and that the rest of her face was ultimately beat for Arceus. Violetta had straightened her long, silky, mauve hair and she fluffed it up a bit. Just then, Sabrina, her trusted companion, floated through the mirror with a ghoulish glare that made Violetta jump slightly.

"Oh, Sabrina. Up to your usual tricks I see. What am I to do with you?"

"Misdreeeevus." The ghost-type pokemon cackled, evidently amused with her trainer's reaction.

"Do you think we're forgetting anything? I mean, I guess you aren't the best to ask. You're a ghost for Arceus sakes and you aren't exactly known for your sharp memory."

The Misdreavus stuck out her tongue at Violetta, causing her to chuckle lightheartedly.

"Alright, we better say our goodbyes to Lilac and mama. Jett will be here soon." Violetta told before grabbing a black backpack and slinging it across her shoulder. She then proceeded to exit her room, Sabrina in toe.

She walked down the winding hall and toward the expansive, well furnished living room. Her mother was perched on the couch and she was knitting what appeared to be a pair of mittens. Knitting was a hobby that Vianne had taken up while her husband, Violetta's father, was away. She did it to pass the time. Lilac sat on the floor, near her mother. She appeared to be playing with a porcelin doll.

As Violetta entered the room, she felt the mood shift almost instantaneously. Her mother set down her her knitting and her sister clutched her doll tightly as they turned their attention to her.

"Oh, Violetta, you look lovely. Is it already that time?" Her mother asked, a smile upon her face. Despite her sunny exterior, Violetta knew that a storm brewed inside her mother. She was aware that her mother would be lonesome in a gargantuan house, constantly blanketed by the eternally falling snow, just her and Lilac. Violetta had stayed as long as she could, helping to raise her younger sibling and staying to accompany her mother. However, Vianne had adamantly encouraged her daughter to pursue her dreams and refused to hold her child back from success. Of course, after years of persistence from her mother, Violetta finally took it upon herself to pursue her lifelong dream of following in her mother's footsteps and becoming a top Pokemon Coordinator. Violetta knew that her mother would be alright. Jett, Raven, and Indigo all visited often, although she knew that it wouldn't be long until they had families of their own, as they were all in their twenties. It was difficult because her father had been absent for three whole months. A severe shortage of workers at the mine meant that her father had to consistently work long, grueling hours. Due to this, he resided in Oreburgh City and only visited every few months or so. However, he sent most of his paychecks to Vianne and kept just enough for himself to survive. It resulted in emotional suffering on both sides, as they loved each other intensely but were unable to be with one another. You would assume that a woman with a husband of 23 years and 5 children would never feel lonely, well Vianne was an exception.

"It is, mama."

Vianne got up from where she sat and approached her daughter, enveloping her with her thin arms, holding her tight as if she was afraid that if she let go Violetta would disappear. She stroked her daughter's soft hair gingerly, basking in the sweet aroma of it. She would deeply miss her child.

"Please take care of yourself dear. If you need anything at all, give me a call." Violetta studied her mom momentarily, taking one last good look at the woman who raised her single-handedly. She was beautiful, with fair skin and dark, blackish-purple hair that was piled utop her head in a bun. Vianne looked quite youthful, considering she was in her early forties.

"Of course mom, take it easy, now. Will you?"

Lilac appeared at her elder sister's side.

"Vi, I'm going to miss you! Please bring back a powerful pokemon to show to me, alright?"

"Sounds good. I'll miss you, too, Lilac." Violetta said hugging her much shorter sister.

"Oh! Sabrina, protect my sister. She likes to think she's tough and invincible, even if she isn't." Lilac instructed the ghost-type pokemon, casting her sister a playful look.

"Oh, really? I'm not tough, am I?! I'll show you tough." Violetta said, with mock exasperation, affectionately flicking her younger sister in the forehead.

Suddenly, a car's horn was heard from outside. "That must be your brother."

"Oh, what a lovely surprise. Jett is on time for once. It must be opposite day." Violetta mumbled, much to her younger sibling's enjoyment. The trio headed into the foyer, where Violetta said the last of her goodbyes before summoning Sabrina into her pokeball, and heading out the door. Violetta opened the door to her brother's jet black Jeep, that he'd managed to crash a multitude of times despite how new the automobile was. Typical Jett, he was always in a hurry, jetting off somewhere. No pun intended.

"Please don't kill me." Violetta mumbled upon entering the car. Her brother chuckled. He was tall, well-built, with black hair and metallic grey-azure eyes. He smirked at her.

"Well hello to you too, Vi. What a ray of sunshine you are, as always."

"Just shut up and drive, Jett."

"Openly hostile and bitter as usual. Is that anyway to talk to someone who's driving you across the Sinnoh region?"

"Why yes, yes it is. Come on, Jett. Do you expect any less of me?"

"Fair point."

"Arceus, Jett. Are we going to sit in your banged up jalopy all day? I have places to go and people to see. So, I suggest you put your pedal to the metal and let's get going sometime this century."

Jett just laughed before turning the radio on full blast and speeding out of the driveway and onto the man road, headed south.

Don't kill me. Don't kill me. Arceus save us all. Violetta thought as she cast a disapproving glare at her brother who was lip-syncing to some rock song.

"Sandgem here we come."

After countless hours of continuous driving, the duo finally arrived in Sandgem town.

"We're here." Jett announced, unenthusiastically.

"Thank Arceus! Now I can finally got out of this stinky car. Park somewhere by the Pokemon centre."

"Why? I can take you to the Professor's lab."

"No. I don't want people to associate me with the likes of you. Look! There's the centre. Now, let me out, mukhead."

Jett shook his head. He knew his sister loved him. They were close, which is why he tolerated her constant jabs.

Hopping out of the car, Violetta felt as if she were on another planet. The beach loomed nearby, the waves crashing against the rocks. It was so unlike the winter wonderland that was Snowpoint. It was uncharacteristically humid as well. It would take some getting used to.

"Alright, now do me a favor and jet off, Jett!"

She waved at her brother as he sped away, almost hitting a pedestrian while doing so. Violetta shook her head.

"idiot."

Vi's journey had now officially begun.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • CET
  • Seen Oct 7, 2021

Emmy Markab

255MS.png

Spoiler: Inventory
pxfM8nW.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png

A thin slit of sunlight, falling in through the crack between the curtains, slowly travelled across the room. It shifted only as minutes passed, but the orange-feathered Pokémon kept waking up from the sudden cold whenever it moved off its skin. It would groggily sit up, realise its shiny blanket had slipped off again, and swiftly roll back over into the warmth, before happily going back to sleep. This pattern continued all morning, with its trainer none the wiser.

Emmy was still sound asleep. She had always been a fast sleeper; her bed to her was the safest haven, and the world of dreams her private refuge. No Torchic rummaging at the foot of her bed could rouse her that easily - but she was a bit more alert to the voice of her mother shouting up the stairs.

"Emmy! What time did you have to be at Rowan's lab again?! It's almost 11 you know!"

Groggily rolling onto her back, Emmy rubbed her eyes. Thanks to her parents insisting, she already received her Pokémon from Professor Rowan the day before, so going in today was really just a formality. All she needed was the Pokédex and whatever else they would see fit to provide her with. Still, it was probably rude to keep them waiting… so she eventually got out of bed, nudging her Torchic to wake as well.

When they came downstairs, the pair was greeted by a sweet smell drifting out from the kitchen. Leanne Markab had prepared pancakes, and excitedly motioned for Emmy to join her at the table.

''There you are. Last chance you'll have to sleep late in a while, hm?'' Leanne smiled as she pushed the syrup towards her daughter. Emmy quietly sat down and began eating her breakfast. As much as she tried to resist, Bluk berry pancakes were her favourite, so she couldn't help but crack a slight smile in turn.
Leanne was visibly pleased. ''Your dad and Lia are off already, so I thought we'd have a little pancake party with the two of us. A final, private celebration before you set off. How do you feel?''

Emmy hurried to chew and swallow the pancake in her mouth. ''I'm fine, really. If Will's done it, how hard can it really be?'' she said, though internally she wasn't that secure at all. She knew better than to let her mother know she was nervous about something, however… Leanne would probably stress out even more.

After breakfast, mother and daughter shared a final goodbye at the door. Leanne kissed Emmy's forehead, and held her chin for a moment, as if trying to remember her daughter's face in this exact moment. She then ran her thumb over her cheek, and let her go.

''You'll do great. I'm proud of you, Emmy.''

''Geez, mom…''

''Don't forget. If anything happens, you can come home. We'll be rooting for you always!''

''I know already…''

Emmy sighed, but quickly hugged her mother one last time. She then waved, motioned for Torchic to join her, and together they stepped outside. Holding back once more at the gate to throw a final look at her home, and grinning embarrassedly upon noticing her mother was still waving from the doorway. Emmy, too, raised her hand, before hurrying off to Rowan's lab.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
A55KnHA.jpg

Current Team - Soren:
swablu.gif

A Phan-tastic Idea!
Current Location : Sandgem Town

Soren meandered his way through a few bushes on the edge of town. He had taken to observing a few of the new trainers from a bench outside the lab, just to see what kind of pokémon they had received, or perhaps had with them from an earlier time in their lives. A young man with a horsea here, a tired looking girl with a small torchic following close behind... it was wonderful to see such a variety of starter pokémon, from regions far beyond the Sinnoh he had always known. Still, it wasn't like non-native pokémon were too strange a thing to see these days.

Even still, while they seemed intriguing, Soren had no reason to approach any of his fellow trainers just yet. He... didn't exactly know many people too personally in Sandgem, apart from Professor Rowan. While he had seen a handful of these people around town over his five years as a loosely tacked on part of the community, he found the idea of approaching any of these individuals for a casual conversation made him feel awkward and uneasy. It wasn't good to force these things, he thought.

Thus, here he was, once again moving to the outskirts where wild pokémon hid. His objective? To find the Phanpy he had been tracking earlier. As he pushed through the branches, he heard a mumbled tweet of annoyance from his shoulder. "Yes, I know I said we'd get going alright? But you can't read remember? So when you looked over my shoulder at the town map in the lab you probably neglected to notice the gym listing nearest to hear as 'Oreburgh City', right?"

Ciel heard Soren's answer but simply ruffled her cotton and let out a whistle of a sigh through her beak, failing to see the relevance of what Soren was saying, to her trainer's chagrin. "C'mon Ciel Oreburgh? It's right there in the name, Ore, the gym leader there is a man who uses rock type pokémon. Upon your evolution, your dragon typing will make you much more durable, but as of right now you are a flying type first and foremost. The rock type pokémon in that gym will be too much for you alone." Soren nodded sagely at his approximation, but Ciel tweeted angrily, puffing out her chest to appear large and intimidating!... But as she considered the prospect of a large rock knocking her out of the sky, her trainers words seemed to make a little more sense.

"So how do we solve this problem? You wonder, well the easy answer is to find ourselves a teammate who can deal easily with rock type pokémon! While a water type is the more obvious choice, my studies earlier lead me to an altogether different, but still plausible option!" With her trainer's long winded explanation, Ciel began to understand... with a happy twitter, she shifted her cotton wings in front of her beak and began to wave them up and down, imitating the motions of a trunk. Soren smiled brightly at the little birds performance, it seemed like she was getting the idea. "Exactly... so a Phanpy we must find!"

- A short time later.-

The ambience of the small wooded glen that the pair had worked their way into was quiet and peaceful, Ciel sat in a wool padded bundle on Soren's shoulder as he pulled a branch down gently to once again peek over the shrubbery they sat hidden behind. Before them, plodding around gently in the moss and dirt, was a small blue and red pokémon. The phanpy from before was found and Soren rather excitedly removed his notebook from his jacket. Grabbing a pencil from his pocket he quickly sketched and began to jot down a few discerning features about the phanpy...

Soren's Notes said:
45378442_1828575880601667_407251821362129108_n.jpg

• Slightly longer tail than common phanpy. (Father pokémon of a different species with said characteristic?)
  • No sign of small forming tusks or indentations on the skin to suggest same for its forthcoming evolution. Most likely a female.
  • Regular coloration, no shiny variation. (Hardly surprising.)
  • Ears slightly longer than average.
  • Same small scrape on right foreleg as the phanpy from earlier this morning, can safely assume it's one and the same.
  • Judging by previous behavior, the Phanpy incurred this injury while attempting rollout.

Satisfied, Soren placed the book back in the special pocket sewn for it on the inside of his jacket... and swiftly replaced the pencil in his pocket afterwards. He turned to look at Ciel and nodded to her gently, whispering and keeping his voice low. "This is... well, it's our first time attempting a capture in the wild. Are you ready to fight?" Ciel puffed her chest out proudly and nodded as Soren thought she would, causing her trainer to smile gently. "Then remember formation... it's time to move out!"

"On my mark!"

The small phanpy jumped in surprise as suddenly forward rolling out of the bushes was a human dressed in a purple tracksuit with a pokéball held in his hand. Landing on his knees, he looked over the small blue pokémon's head to something in the distance, flying high above the clearing was an even smaller creature of a similar hue.

"Ciel! Formation Elwind!" The human called out some nonsense that Phanpy didn't understand, she had heard humans directing their pokémon to use moves in the passed, but this seemed different somehow.

Charging down from the open sky above, Ciel dived and began to loop swiftly around the phanpy, flapping her wings quickly and swiftly using "Mist" over and over, within moments the thick white fog of the move formed a swirling vortex, cutting off the Phanpy's vision of its surrounding and hiding the human from view entirely.

Stunned, but not willing to give in to this sudden onslaught, the Phanpy executed its newly learned move in a bit of a panic, curling up and bowling itself forward in a ball, it did its best to execute rollout, exactly what Soren had been waiting for. While he and Phanpy could not see through the thick wall of fog, Ciel was not finished with her initial command. Watching the phanpy closely, she used her wings and motions to twist and move the fog to influence and confuse the other pokémon, nudging it bbit by bit to face the direction that Ciel desired until...

As the phanpy barreled easily out of the swirling miss, it hadn't the time to stop its momentum. Bursting forth from the milky white fog it immediately collided with a large oak tree, sending itself sprawling outwards in a daze, landing on its back with a stunned yelp. Racing through the newly formed hole in the vortex, Ciel followed her opponent while Soren looped around the back, regaining visuals on the two pokémon by following the sound of the thud.

"Now's our chance! Ciel, Dragon Rush now!" Soren directed his pokémon clearly and concisely and Ciel followed suit, swirling around swiftly in the air, the mist began to surround her before setting alight, forming dark blue draconic flames that swathed over the Swablu's body with a royal azure light. With a piercing cry Ciel charged forward, colliding her flaming body like a battering ram into the phanpy and launching it roughly through the air with a direct impact, leaving the now weakened pokémon to tumble across the moss covered ground. Yet still, despite the sudden and swift onslaught, the small ground pokémon tried to stand it's ground... truly living up to its types reputation for resilience.

"Impressive... but we've been three steps ahead from the start. Ciel, sing!" Soren swiftly covered his own ears as Ciel rushed and landed a few feet in front of the phanpy, opening her beak she sang a beautiful, sonorous melody, the notes hanging on the air with a gentle power laced between them... and as they reached the defiant Phanpy's ears, it began to sway, shifting its weight gently from one side to the other... before falling onto its side, asleep and unable to continue combat.

Soren sighed gently and smiled at Ciel. "A little flashy on the execution... but it looks like our first field test was a major success eh?" To which, the small flying type fluttered back to Soren's shoulder and chirped with pride and glee.

Soren approached and gently pat the sleeping Phanpy's head, kneeling down to its level. "Sorry to interrupt your personal training, but I think long term our strength can soar together. I hope you'll see that soon." Gently tapping the empty ball in his hand to his opponent's trunk, Soren watched as it was digitized and drawn into the capsule, three barely noticeable shakes and a single, satisfying "thoom".

"Welcome to the team, Gaia."

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

L660qCq.jpg

Last edited:

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years

B4gGIUN.jpg

Starting down the path

[h2][/h2]​

A peek out the front door, nobody immediately in sight. Mom and Dad still sleeping in after celebrating too much over their son finally going out in the world? Good. A nice, quiet start, that's the ticket. A finger lifted the edge of his hood just enough to look up into the sky and admire the clouds for a moment, then he made his way out onto a pristine patch of grass at the edge of town.

Ryan dug around in his jacket's pocket and pulled out a pokéball, daydreaming about what was inside. Mom and Dad had told him he couldn't open it until he left. Could it be an Eevee? They know how much I like fluffy things...A Ponyta? I've said a bajillion times how much I love Rapidash. Ooooohhh...a Ponyta! "Ok, no more waiting, Go!" He tossed the pokéball and cheered. "I choose you! Pon - " The ball burst open, releasing a beam of sparkling light that coalesced and began to take shape into... a frumpy brown equine thing? "I choose you... Mudbray? Not exactly what I was hoping for..." The donkey pokémon looked around drowsily, then let out a big yawn. "Oh, were you still asleep?" Ryan queried to the air moreso than the Mudbray. "Sorry about that, let's see if I have some good breakfast to help wake you up."

Ryan reached around to grope inside the side pocket of his backpack, fairly sure that he'd brought one of those resealable plastic containers of pokémon food all the marts kept around the convenience areas. A hard thump against Ryan's leg threw his balance and he stumbled, ripping the food out of his backpack and just as quickly dropping it to the dirt. "Aww... Oh!" a long brown ear stuck through from his peripheral vision and he looked away from the container to see the Mudbray still pushing its forehead against his leg. "Was I not paying enough attention to you?" Ryan asked. "Sorry about that, I'm new to this."

A hand went to his first pokémon's head and it responded warmly, finally leaving his leg alone and now pushing its head against the palm of his hand. Such a strange sensation. A Mudbray's fur is short and rough, its skin feels like dry mud that's baked in the sun. A tiny bit warm but not the same kind of warmth you'd get from petting something soft and fluffy. Very... unique. "Cool." Ryan stopped petting and knelt down to pick up the food container, popping the lid and holding it under his Mudbray's nose. "It's just the basic stuff for now, I'll make some good stuff custom for you later. Nobody told me it would be you I was bringing with me." Mudbray sniffed the contents and didn't look particularly impressed but at least it wasn't put off by the food.

"Oh, wait!" He swiveled his head for a few seconds and his eyes widened in excitement. "Yes!" Ryan spied a spot where a patch of grass had been torn up, leaving some freshly churned earth in the midst of all the serene greenery. He pulled a handful of pokéfood out of the container and dropped it into the dirt, moving it around, patting it and coating it like he was washing his hands and finally held his hand out to Mudbray, the food now thoroughly coated in dirt. Mudbray sniffed the food again nickered happily and began chowing down. Breakfast was finished in no time and Mudbray seemed ecstatic, prancing around in a circle.

Ha! Mudbray and Mudsdale really do like eating dirt and mud! Thank you, Equine Encyclopedia: Alola edition! My books never let me down~ Ryan smiled and began to slap the dirt off on his pants. "Now with that done why don't we - " He laid eyes on a donut of hoof tracks in the grass and saw a trail break off from it towards a cloud of dust getting further away. "Wha?! Hey, Mudbray! No, don't get too excited! You're gonna cause trouble or make a mess! or - or - or - Come back!" He chased after it, thankful that Mudbray weren't especially fast pokémon as his lungs and his legs quickly began to burn. He was still too slow, however to catch up before he heard a loud crash from the dense group of trees on the north side of town.

Mudbray was rearing on its hind legs, squealing in fear. On the floor next to it was a bruised little bundle of white and green crying softly. Ryan had been with his first pokémon for all of a few minutes and it had already injured some poor, innocent Ralts. "Great...so much for a quiet day."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

B6gLyQW.jpg

Name: Sora Tadokoro

Pokemon: Fletchling

Sora could hear a lot of commotion coming from different directions as he walked toward the Pokemon Center. From the sounds at what he heard, it sounded like trainers were catching pokemon.

"Already... I guess I'm not the only one who likes a early start." Sora said.

For the most part, Sora kept his eyes to the ground or immediate surroundings as he tried to think of a nickname for Fletchling.

"Arrow.... Robin... Feather..... Wing.... Beak.... Ugh none of them sound right. Come on help me out Fletchling!" Sora cried, but before he had even finished the sentence, Fletchling was flying away, landing next to a Starly. Fletchling started to chirp and dance trying to get the Starly's attention. Even though Sora had no idea what the pokemon was saying, Sora knew what Fletchling was doing.

"Come on Fletchling... do you have to flirt with every bird you see?" Sora asked.

Fletchling's dance and chirping picked up speed. Sora could see that the Starly was tenseing up as if getting angry with Fletchling. The Starly turned, seething. The white on Starly's forehead was much larger, which only meant one thing. Starly was a male and didn't appreciate the random Fletchling doing what it was doing. Starly let out deep growl and Fletchling stopped, freezing in place. Sora could only imagine the look on Fletchling's face.

There wasn't time to imagine it, as the Starly quickly moved and tackled Fletchling, sending the tiny robin pokemon to the ground. Sora had no intention on catching or battling pokemon right now, but now there was no choice in the matter. He got ready to give commands, watching the Starly, "Let's go Fletchling! You got yourself into this mess, but I will help get you out!" Sora called.

Fletchling got back to his feet in anger, 'FLETCH FLECHLING!'

"Use agility, follow up with growl!" Sora called.

Fletchling quickly started to fly rapidly, his speed rising, unleashing a growl next. Starly's power lowered, but it didn't stop it from using a wing attack. Fletchling's speed allowed it to dodge the attack and then Sora called for Fletchling to use peck. Fletchling did as it was told, and made contact with the Starly. Starly crashed to the ground, but returned with a tackle. Sora called agility and Fletchling gained more speed, but it was still struck by the tackle, causing the pokemon to fall. Fletching was up within moments, with Fletchling being slightly more powerful than the Starly, it wouldn't be long now until it was weak enough to catch.

Sora was about to call for Fletchling to use Overheat, but held back. It would be too much for the weakened Starly. Fletchling was already had more than enough speed to strike quickly. So there was only one thing left to do. As the Starly, got ready to attack again, Sora called for Fletchling to use tackle. The two pokemon flapped toward one another, Fletchling far faster, and the two bird pokemon crashed.

"Finish it will Quick Attack!" Sora commanded.

With a bit more effort than normal, Fletchling used a final attack, colliding with the Starly, causing it to crash into a tree. Sora quick took out an empty ball and flung it at the Starly. A red light absorbed the Starly and shook.

1....2.....3...Click.

Sora smiled and ran over to the pokeball. He picked it up, "I hope you and Fletchling can get along in the future." Sora said, turning toward Fletchling.

Fletchling had its wings crossed, head turned to the side, "Don't get all grumpy. It was your fault that we got into that battle anyway."

'Flecth.' Fletching turned away.

"Oh come on.... on the bright side, I know a name for you... From now on you will be known as Flambe, because I have a feeling that you are going to get burned more in the future with your personality."

Flambe turned to Sora and then flew as fast as it could toward him. Sora caught Flambe and the tiny robin pokemon started rubbing its feather on his stomach.

"I figured that would make you a bit more happy. It will match your typing in the future as well. For now, let's put you back in the pokeball so you don't get tempted anymore." Sora said, withdrawing Flambe back to his pokeball.

________________________________________________________________________________

Sora continued to walk toward the Pokemon Center and eventually got there, passing trainers in the street. He entered the Pokemon Center, looking around. He noticed a girl with a Mudkip on her shoulder, rubbing up against her. She was holding a pendant with a rainbow stone. He walked toward the counter, but the stone had caught his attention. He made it to the counter and let Nurse Joy take is pokemon before he went to eat. That's when it hit him, "Great..... now I got to come up with another name for Starly."

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years

Brendan Caulfield
Sandgem Town
Chapter 1 - 2
Brendan had reached the end of the promenade, where the street turns into a small trail that heads through the woodland. After having lunch and resting for a while, he decided it was time to attempt to get a new Pokémon. From a practical point of view, it's very important to have a teammate that can cover Kelpsy's type weakness to Electric and Grass. But of course, that wasn't all. Catching a wild Pokémon meant both having a new friend to travel with, and a chance to bond more closely with the newly acquired Horsea. The only thing left to figure out was how to do it.

Brendan could already hear some Flying types chirping, like Starly - flocks of Starly would often fly above his family's crops, making those very cries - and tried to pinpoint where they were standing. He called out Kelpsy to help too. He'd planned to leave some berries on the ground as bait; however that wasn't necessary. Many bushes were scattered across the woods, yielding many different kinds of berries. The trainer picked up some of them - a Pecha berry here, a Cheri berry there - as Kelpsy watched, interested.
All of a sudden, Kelpsy let out a strong Bubble attack without apparent reason. While surprised at first, Brendan could notice a strong smell coming from one of the bushes. "Is that another berry you dislike?" he asked, as Kelpsy launched another attack.
A Budew came out from behind the bush, visibly startled by Kelpsy's reaction. The smell faded away as Budew tried to close its bud and clumsily tried to walk away.
"That Budew may not be what I planned to catch, but I'll try anyways! If anything, it seems to love berries as much as I do."

Kelpsy took the initiative and fired off Smoke Screen, in order to prevent Budew from escaping. The Grass type responded with Water Sport, and was able to make the smoke fade away - but Kelpsy was ready to launch a sequence of Bubble attacks, which slowed down Budew without knocking it out. "Keep using Bubble, Icy Wind could be too powerful!" ordered Brendan, before throwing one of the Pokéball he'd received that morning at the Bud Pokémon.
The first attempt didn't quite work, as Budew was able to free itself, but the second Pokéball did the job. Budew was caught!
After some pondering, Brendan decided to call this Budew Razz. After all, it was found near a Razz berrry bush! Moreover, naming Pokémon after berries was a nice idea, that could remind him of home and show his interest in those fruits.

That evening, Brendan's father came back home after a whole day spent in Twinleaf, packing up the berries he'd previously gathered. His work was always a crucial point in his life, but that didn't mean he could miss his son's first day as a Pokémon Trainer.
Now, the whole family was having dinner one last time. "I'll admit that I loved having you by my side when working, showing you everything I do and what values I care about. But now I'm equally as happy to see you choose to start a new journey alongside Pokémon! We'll be always rooting for you from here in Sandgem!" he told Brendan; his wife nodding in approval.
"Thank you, I will not let you down!" his son replied, smiling.

Brendan's father didn't travel across Sinnoh like his son was about to do, but he still trained Pokémon and worked alongside them. While at first his family sold all of the berries he gathered, he decided to change this when he met Brendan's mother: with her help, he opened up the restaurant in Sandgem and quickly built up its reputation, turning it into a well-known business. And the profit the two gained was what allowed them to raise Brendan happily and without much problems. In short, that restaurant was the foundation to their entire adult life and to Brendan's well being: it was easy to see how much it meant for them.
Of course, Brendan knew that, and wanted to do his best not to disappoint his parents. But it was probably time to think more about himself and see what his own future would turn out to be, by taking on this new adventure.
Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
UuTrNKW.gif
Zack Winchester
Sandgem Town
Chapter 1-2 | Unexpected Addition

Current Party:
RMPGSjO.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

Not too long later, Zack and Charlie found themselves sitting outside of a quaint little cafe located in the small town of Sandgem. The boy himself was busy looking over the region map located inside of his Pokédex. A rather large, belue berry muffin sat in front of him as he did so, along with a nice, hot cup of coffee to help the boy fully wake up. Charlie on the other hand, was busy with what appeared to be a toasted bagel of sorts. Some sort of jam was spread in the middle of the bagel, something which managed to get all over the Charmander's face as he took his first, rather sloppy bite.

"Hmm... Looks like our first stop is gonna be Jubilife City," Zack mused, taking a bite of his muffin in the process. "There doesn't look like there's any gym or anything there... but a city that size ought to have something interesting to see, yeah...?" He paused, glancing down at his Charmander as he spoke. The jam was practically dripping from Charlie's lips, which caused Zack to roll his eyes in frustration. "Would you mind being a bit more careful? I don't really feel like giving you a bath before we even start out."

Meanwhile, not too far away from the cafe, the heavenly aroma of baked goods began to float through the air. In a near by bush, a happily slumbering Bidoof was suddenly slapped wide awake by the magnificent scent of the duo's breakfast. A low grumbling sound was quick to be heard coming from the wild Bidoof's stomach, there by signaling that it was definitely time to grab a bite to eat. The plump mouse Pokémon let out a small yawn as he wiggled his round body about, before slowly waddling his way out of the bush. Glancing around, the wild Bidoof was quick to spot Charlie, who was happily nibbling away a bit at his bagel. Its eyes widened at the sight of the dripping jelly as it hit the nearby pavement. The sight was so enticing it was enough to cause the creature to lick its sizable teeth in anticipation. Without so much as a warning, the Bidoof charged... or at least what appeared to be charging, straight in the Charmander's direction.

Charlie was just about to take another bite of his delicious bagel, when the Bidoof suddenly plowed his rotund body straight into his side. Charlie let out a surprised wail, falling over in the process as his breakfast flew from his claws and landed on the pavement before him. Satisfied with his stealthy attack, the Bidoof waddled his way over and wasted no time in taking a bite of the treat before him.

Zack was not oblivious to this, slowly glancing down from his Pokédex as he watched with a raised eyebrow. Charlie slowly picked himself off the ground, a small groan escaping his mouth in the process. The fire Pokémon glanced around, his eyes coming to rest on the Bidoof and the bagel that the said Pokémon was about to eat. Charlie seemed somewhat hesitant at first, glancing up at Zack as if asking what he should do.

"What...?" Zack questioned, taking another bite of his muffin. "Don't look at me. It's not my breakfast. Looks like you better stop it if you wanna have what's left of your bagel."

Charlie quickly turned back to the Bidoof, giving the wild Pokémon a rather fierce glare. The Charmander quickly ran forward, swiping his claws at the Bidoof in the process. The wild Bidoof fell back, surprised at the sudden turn of aggression coming from the Charmander. The Bidoof quickly shook off the attack, turning to properly focus on the Charmander before it.

Zack turned his full attention to the battle as well. While he was wanting to finish his own breakfast, the teenager knew that he needed to help his Charmander out. After all, he wasn't exactly rich in battle experience. Besides, it could help to give him some information on where Charlie stood in terms of battling.

"Charlie, attack with another Scratch," Zack commanded.

Charlie ran foward and swiped his claws at the wild Bidoof again. The Bidoof winced in pain, but responded in kind by tackling into the Charmander with as much energy as he could muster. The heavier Pokémon's body was more than enough to cause Charlie to stagger back, almost falling over again from the force of the impact. Charlie managed to keep his balance however, much to Zack's delight. Unfortunately, there was no time to celebrate. The wild Bidoof was quick (well, quick for a Bidoof) to follow through his Tackle as he charged towards the Charmander, this time lowering his head to slam it right into the recovering Charlie.

"Charlie, use Ember now!" Zack called out.

The Charmander reared his head back and spat out a small spark of fire in the direction of the wild Bidoof. The flames flew into the Bidoof, causing the wild Pokémon to slow down a bit, but not enough to stop it completely. The Bidoof slammed its head into Charlie, sending the Charmander flying back in pain. Charlie landed roughly on his belly, a low growl of pain escaping past his mouth as he staggered back up to his feet. All the while, the wild Bidoof was making a move to slam its head into Charlie once more.

Zack cursed under his breath. He knew that Charlie couldn't take much more of this. "...Charlie, Smoke Screen!"

Charlie quickly puffed out a thick blot of heavy smoke in the direction of the Bidoof. This caused the Bidoof to stop in its tracks, looking around carefully in an attempt to try and find the Charmander. Zack didn't waste a single moment here. The smoke was enough to cause the Bidoof some confusion, and he was going to take advantage of that.

"Quick Charlie, use Dragon Pulse!" the boy ordered.

Charlie let out a blast of power in the direction of the smoke. The wild Bidoof gasped in surprise as the powerful blast of energy slammed right into its face, sending the creature flying backwards. Zack watched closely as the smoke cleared, gradually revealing the sight of the Bidoof laying on the ground... trying desperately to pick itself of the ground... only to fall flat onto its back.

"Not bad, Charlie... I guess you wanted that bagel more than I thought, huh?" Zack said with a grin. He reached down and scooped the bagel off the ground for his Charmander. He began to hand it to Charlie, but he quickly discovered that the fire Pokémon was no where to be seen. Glancing around, his eyes widened as he quickly spotted Charlie running straight towards the downed Bidoof. A poké ball was gripped tightly in his hand.

"Charlie, no! Stop!" Zack called out.

But it was too late. The impulsive Charmander pressed the ball right up against the Bidoof, the ball sucking it up into bright, red light. The ball only shook once before it stopped, officially catching the wild Pokémon inside. A proud grin graced Charlie's facial features as he turned to face Zack, holding the ball with glee towards his trainer.

"...Wonderful... Good job..." Zack groaned.

yeqNhtp.png

Bidoof was caught!
Male | Simple | Rash | Loves To Eat
Tackle | Growl | Defense Curl | Rollout | Headbutt

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years

Estelle Beatriz Santiago
374MS.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png

The Pokémon Center can be a calming, yet hectic area where trainers and Pokémon alike can rest their weary souls. Some grab a quick snack while others delight themselves in training well done.

Then there are those individuals who are convinced they are ready to tackle the world head on, only to be rewarded with a small taste of what is to come.

"We're here, thank arceus nobody is in line right now." Estelle doesn't wait for the automatic doors to fully open, instead squeezing her way through the growing slit. "I need Beldum here to be healed please," she blurted out before reaching the counter. "Aaand thank you. How long will it take?"

• • • • •​

She sat closest to the nurse, legs crossed and hands resting atop. Her one foot left hanging moved about as she waited.

Opposite to her, on the L-shaped seats, sits a sapphire-haired female trainer with striking honey eyes. She fidgets with her necklace's iridiscent charm, a Mudkip keeping her company. The creature wasn't common around these parts, thus capturing Estelle's attention. Yet despite its rarity, seeing the woman with what Estelle assumes is her partner pulled out a sense of longing to see Beldum returned to her, hovering and uttering monotone Beldums.

"I guess I don't know what the heck I'm doing," she murmured to herself, one hand covering her mouth. Her gaze fell down to her fidgety foot. Like a stream, trainers flowed in and out the Pokémon Center, their silhouettes visible from the corner of her eye. She didn't hesitate to wave and mouth out a greeting to those who were caught glancing her way.

"I need to train. We need to train. Gotta be better. Can't fail them now."

It felt like an eternity. But once Beldum emerged from around a corner and on to the counter Estelle sighed out in relief. "Hey! Feeling good I hope?"

The steel-type smiled. Beldum! "He's as good as new!" Nurse Joy gushed out, hands now behind her back. "Thank you for trusting us to heal your Pokémon, have a nice day!"

"Thank you and you too!" The two didn't waste time leaving the center. But as soon as she lifted her bike that had been knocked over - surely they're just jealous she has a bike - Estelle took a glimpse of the laboratory.

"I mean, might as well. It's... it's right there."

After she went and swiftly collected her necessary journey items the young trainer at last was on her way back home. With her Beldum of course, who found it peculiar his trainer wasn't riding the bike, but walking beside it.

"So hey, we did uh... pretty bad. It was a poison type and we still got an 'F' because of how bad we performed there." Trainers were already giving a shot at brawling with wild types, some even capture them. Their commotion and sounds could be heard from where Estelle traveled.

Beldum.

"So... do you mind training soon? After we rest up and say goodbye to everybody I was thinking we should train. I can't let that happen again."

Beldum.

"We really need to find a way for me to know if you're saying yes or no. Can you think of a way?"

Beeeeeldum. Beldum?

"Haha nah. Makes you sound funny," she smirked, poking his forehead. "Try another."

Bel bel. Bel. Beldum.

"Hmmm... it's okay, I'll figure it out. I should be the one understanding you, not you making it easier on me."

Bel... dum.

"That didn't sound like you were sure of yourself? Do you have a question?" There was a pause. "Wait. Don't answer that. How am I even supposed to know what you're asking if I can't even tell if you're saying yes or no."

As the day passed Sandgem Town began to burst with activity. Being the day everybody goes on their journey, it is no surprise witnessing so many figures passing her house, their shadows visible from the inside of the kitchen.

An older woman of her height sighed upon the sight of the young travelers, hot steaming coffee in hand. The mug was that of Kecleon, which changed colors in accordance to the current temperature.

"Why don't you wait another year mija?" Mrs. Santiago asked of her daughter, a hand reaching for a honeybun. "You can still be a doctor!"

"Ama, I still can, but I need the money-"

"And the scholarships you won? Can't you go to college now?"

"Si, but that won't even get me through half of college. That and, before you ask, they're willing to wait 5 years for me. As long as I start college by then."

"Tu padre can pay, you know he will. Get a loan so you don't have to worry."

"I can't do that to apa, he has so much debt already. I know he will always help, even if it means opening another credit card. I don't want him to work even more and stress more."

"But that's why we're here for, to help you!"

"Mama. I want to do this. To help dad, to explore, and to get money doing something I know I'll love." Images from earlier this morning flashed before her. I mean, once I get better. I didn't know I sucked so bad. Just thinking of the failure hurt her delicate pride.

"Ay... I just can't see you alone out there. A young, beautiful woman traveling on her own. Ay... ay, I just get so worried."

"Oh, but ma, I have Beldum now! You know dad trained him well. I'll train and get tough so that nobody hurts me!"

"But... hmmmmm... ah, but... nnnnnhhhh." Instead of a response Estelle gave her a mournful glance, understanding of her mother's concerns. She stood and embraced her adoringly.

"I'll be okay. I'll call you everyday!"

"Every morning and every night, okay? Anything can happen and I need to know my beautifuuuul little baby girl is safe!"

"Aaaaa stahp, I'm not that pretty ma."

"What do you mean no?! Where do you think you get your looks from?!" Estelle chuckled at the reaction. "If you're ugly then I'm ugly too, and that's not true!"

"You're very very veeeery beautiful ama! Pero, I do have to go before it gets even busier. I want to go early."

"Already?! Do you want to take some more juice? There's still granola bars over there-"

"I have everything, I double-checked." She really didn't. But were she to say that then her mother would snatch the opportunity to keep her for longer.

In the background Beldum was patiently awaiting his trainer. All the meanwhile the family Pokémon, a playful Aipom, kept pestering the poor thing with shenanigans.

"I'm leaving now Aiai!" Estelle hollered out, sliding on her small, waterproof, silver backpack. "Bye bye!"

Aiiiiiipom! the critter blurts out, swinging from furniture to furniture towards Mrs. Santiago.

"I wish you could have said goodbye again to your brother."

"I'll send him texts too! He knows I'll be sending him funny stuff or cool things."

"He's really going to miss you, Estelle."

"Yeah," she struggled to respond, aware her mother was resorting to guilty tactics to keep her here longer. "And I'm really going to miss him too. And you. And everybody." It was working, yet she was determined to continue on her journey. Afterall, Beldum joined her and seeing them hovering with a questionable expression somewhat lightened her up.

After many hugs, kisses, and some more futile attempts to keep the young trainer home, the journey at last begins. Having already collected her pokedex and pokéballs earlier, Estelle can now go straight to her first goal in mind: Route 202.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

Chapter 1 - Route 202

Sinnoh_Route_202_Map.png

Most trainer's first voyage is through Route 202. It is a route in southwestern Sinnoh, connecting Sandgem Town and Jubilife City. While the route is quite peaceful for trainers to travel through, in recent years, a wayward Ruin became discovered, a while away from a trail in the Route. Now, it became a significant place for researchers. On another trail leads to a certain grove. One can see a crowd is gathered up here -- this is the start of Sinnoh's very first Bug-Catching competition. What sorts of things will be in store for our trainers? Time will tell...

Available Pokemon (they can learn moves up to level 15):

taillow.gif
pidove.gif
kricketot.gif
shinx.gif
zigzagoon.gif
sentret.gif
growlithe.gif
lotad.gif

dunsparce.gif
seedot.gif
poochyena.gif
ponyta.gif
psyduck.gif

Missions:
(missions are there for you to do in case you don't have any idea son what you wanna do. You do not have to do any of these missions, as you can also make up your own post for this route. But if you do, you can gain the awards that are featured! Claim a mission in the OOC.)

---

Major Missions:
(Some of these are missions that have a storyline, in parts, where anyone can join. Due note that there are certain conditions and restrictions from these, so make sure you read them properly!)

Wayward Traveler, Pegasus - Part 1

Pegasus is a strange, yet curious researcher, who lost his memory. He seeks the nearby ruins of this area, which is said to hold a certain secret... will you help accompany him, and protect him? How will you react to the Ruin's secret? (2-3 people only, JPing with the GM)

Reward: Mysterious Figure or A strange blue Egg or TM Ice Beam

The Bug-Catching Contest! - Part 1

Sponsored by Jublife, The First-ever Bug-Catching Contest in Sinnoh is on! All you have to do is catch one of the bug-type Pokemon below, to try and win prizes! You'll be judged on your posts -- mostly how you post your character catching a pokemon in this contest. (open contest, anyone can join)

Wild Bug-types in this competition

caterpie.gif
weedle.gif
paras.gif
venonat.gif
spinarak.gif
pineco.gif
scyther.gif
surskit.gif
nincada.gif
combee.gif
yanma.gif

Prizes:

Ist: Sun Stone + Moon Stone + Honey + Ultra Ball
2nd: Ultra Ball + Honey
3rd: Honey

The Maiden of Light! - Part 1:

There seems to be a strange gathering of individuals who bear white, pure clothing. No one really knows about them. They keep preaching on about some sort of Maiden of Light that they worship... But beside that, they seem kind and dignified, and are seemingly challenging trainers to judge their strength. Will you challenge them? (open mission, anyone can challenge)

Reward: A strange white badge, shaped like a 8-pointed star

---

Minor Missions:
(Missions you can do for fun if you want to.)

Mission 1

The Fishing Guru: The Fishing Guru is a strange, eccentric man who has a fancy for fishing. However, some wild bug-type Pokemon have been pestering lately, and more is sure to come. Will you help him out?

Reward: Fishing Rod

Mission 2:

Uh-oh, it seems like a group of thugs are going around making trouble for the people around here. They all seem to be wearing black clothing with a green and intimidating looking dragon patterned on the back of their wear. Will you put a stop to them? They seem dangerous...

Reward: Great Ball

Mission 3:

A young boy seemed to have lack of confidence when a lass along with a group of friends looks down on him, for being a weak trainer. Will you give him the confidence he needs to be a strong trainer?

Reward: Honey

Mission 4:

A T.V. news crew from Jubilife City is around the area, interviewing new trainers. How will you react when they approach you? What sorts of things will they interview you about?

Reward: VIP Pass

IC Note: You can make up your own missions too. If you have something you wanna do that nets you an award you want, you can chat with me privately, and we can discuss it!

Next time... Jubilife City

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

The Ruins of the Kw'azar

MAYA_0_0.jpg
The Kw'azar were a supposed technologically advanced race that lived in certain parts of Sinnoh a millennia ago. The Ruins, which researchers refer to as, The Kw'azar Ruins, still remains in tact ot this day. Inside, one might be supervised of the technology presented there. Everything looks pretty advanced to modern standards. Inside however, are sure to be many traps, and golem-like Pokemon patrolling there to keep out intruders. To this day, no one has figured out the secret that rests in there...

Available Pokemon (they can learn moves up to level 18):

golett.gif
nosepass.gif
ratatta.gif
klink.gif
magnemite.gif
beldum.gif
mawile.gif

Years

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4c61725f635558706b6372512d773d3d2d3536363537363233372e313532393136363932386662333564333131383037323533353532322e6a7067

Violetta Marseille
Current Location: Sandgem Town
Pokemon:
Ani200MS.png

Sabrina the Misdreavus

Sandgem town was certainly a lot busier than Violetta had initially anticipated. A plethora of trainers marched about the streets, all with eager, determined looks plastered to their faces. Meanwhile, Violetta trudged through the energetic town, her sights set on the sun-drenched beach that lay south. When she sank her steel-toed boots into the scorching sand, she was mesmerized, but also slightly off-put by the heat.

"Is it always this sweltering here?" She muttered under her breathe, slightly exasperated. She found herself sweating and clammy. She never sweat. She was pathetic, she'd been in Sandgem for what? 5 minutes and she was already succumbing to the temperature. Arceus, Vi. Pull yourself together.

"Perhaps, I should steer clear of the beach and find a tall, sturdy tree to sit under. I could really use some shade right now." Violetta uttered aloud, to no one in particular. Talking to herself. Weirdo.

Placing herself underneath a tall Aspen tree in a heap, she sighed pleasurably, glad to be in the cool, darkness and out of the eternally hot sunshine.

Sabrina, unamused with being held captive in her pokeball, suddenly burst out in a beam of light.

"Sabrina, remind me not to dress in layers, next time. Arceus." Violetta mumbled, fanning herself off. She would make a mental note not to wear so much black, as well. Even her beloved ghost-pokemon seemed slightly uncomfortable with the weather, as she was used to the chillier climate of Snowpoint, just as Violetta was.

Suddenly, something caught Sabrina's attention, causing her to float away from her trainer, in the direction of an oran bush that loomed behind them, surrounded by gargantuan, dense trees, their winding branches still and motionless. Violetta didn't notice right away, as she closed her eyes and nearled dozed off, her back against the thick tree. The sound of an ear-piercing shriek woke her out of her momentary daze, causing her to jump to her feet in a panic.

"Sabrina!?"

She looked around, unable to spot the screech pokemon.

"For Arceus sakes, Sabrina." Violetta cursed, heading into the deep brush. She shoved branches out of her way before coming to a small clearing, where a cat-like pokemon with a twisted tail and a gleam in its almond-shaped eyes stood. But where the hell was Sabrina? Suddenly, the ghost-type appeared from the shadows, launching itself towards the feline pokemon, a vibrant beam appearing in a flash from the jewels around her neck. The pokemon dodged with ease, before growling at an eerily high-pitch.

"Sabrina!? Arceus. What kind of mess have you gotten yourself into?" Violetta cried, evidently confused as to what the psyduck was occurring.

Sabrina, shot her trainer a determined, yet frustrated look, informing her trainer that she needed her assistance in order to defeat the pesky cat before them.

"Dreavuuuus"

Violetta sighed, before sizing up her opponent warily. She whipped out her pokedex in order to gather data on the creature.

"Glameow, the catty pokemon. With its sharp glare, it puts foes in a mild hypnotic state. It is a very fickle pokemon." A monotonous female voice informed.

"A Glameow? Hmm. It's a normal type, meaning that Sabrina is immune to nearly all of its moves."

Vi, nodded, confident. "Alright, Sabrina, Nasty Plot. Let's increase your power!"

"Misdreeeavus!" Her pokemon screeched, before complying.

The Glameow took not a moment to spare, it bounced forward on its tail, spinning in the air as it raised its sharp claws and attempted to swipe at Sabrina. Had Sabrina not been fully immune to the normal-type attack, it would've dealt a severe blow.

Violetta was impressed by the Glameow's swiftness and strength. It was clearly a capable pokemon. And that leap! It was done so skillfully. Violetta grinned to herself. This feline-pokemon would be perfect for contests, especially with moves like that. Failure to catch this creature was simply not an option here.

The Glameow landed on its feet, confused as to why its clever attack did absolutely nothing to the opposing pokemon. "My Sabrina is a ghost-type. You'll have to do better than that." Violetta scoffed before commanding her next attack.

"Psywave!" Another beam of light radiated from the jewels upon Sabrina's neck, this time connecting with the Glameow, resulting in the feline to be blown back.

"Again!" In an instant, another wave of light connected with the weakened catty pokemon, resulting it to collapse abruptly onto the ground. Without a moment of hesitation, Violetta forcefully threw a pokeball at the Glameow, the pokemon being absorbed into the ball in a red light. The ball tottered about the ground for a few seconds before a clicking sound could be heard. "Alriiiight! I just caught a Glameow!" Violetta cheerfully hollered, scooping up the ball and exiting the brush, Sabrina floating behind her.

"Now what should we name her? Any suggestions?" Vi asked her companion.

"Mis! Misdreavus."

"Yeah, that's a no from me. How about we name her Cleo?"

"Misdreeeeavus!"

"Yes, I think it's very fitting. Cleo it is."

431-Glameow.png

Cleo

(Female, Limber)
Moveset:
Scratch
Fake Out
Growl
Hypnosis

Last edited:

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
Years

^
Megumi%2BTadokoro.jpg
^
Meiko Nanatsu

mudkip.gif
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png

Meiko stood on the outskirts of Sandgem Town, looking at the path ahead. She looked at where Chip was, playing in a puddle nearby from the rain, then ahead to the path leading to Route 202, letting out a shy breath.

"Alright. I can do this." She turned to Chip, all wet from splashing in the puddle, and called out, "Chip! Come 'ere!" while taking a towel from her bag, she bought one from the PokeMart after leaving the Pokemon Center, having a feeling that Chip was going to get wet a lot in the future. The young Mudkip heard his trainer and chirped excitedly, jumping one more time in the puddle before running over to Meiko, jumping in her arms where she had the towel spread out and ready for him. Once he jumped in her arms, she quickly wrapped the towel around him and started to wipe off the puddle water from his fin, but he pushed away the towel and snuggled up to her, earning a chuckle.

~Minutes later~

Chip stood on Meiko's shoulder, his skin all clean and shiny.
"Ready?" Chip! "Alright, let's go." Meiko made sure Chip was there before grabbing the strap of her bag and walked out of Sandgem Town, onward to Route 202.

~Timeskip~
"Chip! Dodge it and use Water Gun!" Chip jumped out of the bushes and swiftly rushed away, a Shinx appearing right after, tackling the ground Chip was on beforehand, stumbling slightly before straightening up, looking around for the Mudkip. Chip landed and quickly let out a barrage of water, hitting the Shinx on the side and sending it crashing a few feet away. Meiko came out of the previous bushes and looked over with her pokedex in one hand, seeing the Shinx hesitantly get up from its stop, glaring at her and Chip.

"Alright, be careful of its electric attacks!" The Shinx, right at that moment, flexes its muscles, generating electricity. "Oh no, it's using Charge to boosts its electric attacks!" Meiko quickly walks over to where Chip is and opens her pokedex, looking up Chip's move set. "Alright Chip, use…...woah, you know Icy Wind? Amazing…"

As Meiko looked at the pokedex, Chip looked back at its trainer, waiting for a command, before looking at its opponent, chirping in shock at seeing Shinx shrouded in electricity, in a pouncing position.
Ki! Mud! "Huh?" Meiko looked up from the pokedex, seeing Shinx in the air, aiming to land on the chirping Chip, who is looking back at her. "Chip jump to the left!" Chip did as commanded, but that left Meiko vulnerable to the attack. "Wahhhh!" She turned the same direction and tripped, landing on her bum, staring at the tree the Shinx tackled instead.
"Oh gosh…" Chip appeared at her side, chirping worriedly, looking for any injuries. "I'm alright Chip. just surprised."
Inx! Chip and Meiko look at the Shinx, seeing it on the ground on its stomach, rubbing its head with one of its paws. Chip glares and chirps angrily at the Pokémon, not liking how it almost injured its trainer, and started marching over to it with its cheeks inflated with water.

The Shinx glances over and , noticing the angry Mudkip marching over, senses danger radiating off the furious Pokémon. It lets out a shocked cry and its fur starts to spark. Meiko looks over from her confusion and noticed Chip marching over to the frightened Shinx, trying to get up, but falls back down, wincing in pain, its fur slowly generating electricity. She noticed how its holding one of its paws close to its chest and the way its fur is generating electricity, remembering it stumbled before when trying to tackle Chip. Her eyes widen at a sudden memory, realizing.

~Flashback~
"Woah, it looks similar to Route 201, but at the same time, different." Meiko looked around as she walked down the path, admiring the Route's beauty. She suddenly felt her shoulder lighten and looked over, seeing Chip on the ground, lifting his head and the fin on his head twitching. "Chip? What do you sense boy?"
Kip! Mu! Chip pointed to an area in the bushes to the right before a Poochyena and a Shinx humped out, the former more damaged than the latter. "A Poochyena! And a Shinx!"
The two pokemon continued to battle before the Poochyena jumped away with a defeated cry, leaving the two with the injured winner. Meiko slowly grabbed Chip from the ground before hesitantly taking a step towards the wounded Shinx.
"Um… Shinx… are you alright?" Right as she said that, a jet of water from behind them hit the Shinx, making it skid back and soaking it in water. "Where did?!" She looked behind her, seeing a Lotad with the Poochyena from before, both running away just as quickly.
Shi! Meiko slowly turned and saw the Shinx glaring at her and Chip.
"Wait! It wasn't us!" The Shinx let out a growl before sprinting towards them. "Wait!"
~Flashback ends~

"Chip! Wait! Don't attack!" She quickly picked up Chip, moving him away from the Shinx, but the Mudkip let out the water gun in shock, soaking himself and Meiko in water. She put Chip on her shoulder and, making sure he would stay before kneeling and carefully grabbing the injured Shinx, pulling him onto her lap. She quickly grabbed her bag and opened it up. As she looked inside her bag, the Shinx opened one of its eyes and saw Meiko looked back with a potion in hand.
"Hold still, this might hurt a bit." She whispered before spraying the potion on Shinx's injured paw, then on the other injuries around its body. Once she finished, she grabbed Shinx and let it down on the ground, standing up herself. The Shinx quickly backed away from her before looking at her in curiosity.

"Sorry about that. I was trying to tell you that Chip wasn't the one who sprayed you, it was another Pokémon, a-" Before she could finish, a water gun soared in and hit Shinx, earning a surprised cry. Meiko gasped before turning and seeing the Poochyena and Lotad from before, the former glaring at the Shinx. The black/gray puppy growled at the Lotad before running towards the confused Shinx, aiming a Bite.

"Chip! Tackle! Full power!" Chip quickly jumped from Meiko's shoulder, landed on the ground, and sprinted quickly towards the Poochyena, tackling the black/grey puppy away before it can do more damage. The Poochyena let out a surprised yelp before jumping back, growling at Chip for interrupting his move.
"Hey! Leave that Shinx alone! He's with me!" cried Meiko before grabbing the Shinx and holding him in her arms, Chip jumping in front of its trainer protectively, chirping angrily at the two Pokémon.
The Poochyena growled before looking back at the Lotad, letting out a yelp at it before running towards Chip.
"Chip! Jump over him and use Mud Slap from behind!" Chip jumped over the running Poochyena and landed behind, turning and slaps the ground with his tail fin, sending a wave of mud at the puppy. The black/grey puppy yelps at the sensation of the mud, skidding back at the attack. Out of nowhere, Lotad appears behind Chip and launched a water gun at him, only causing minimum damage due to the type advantage.

"Two against one?" Meiko looked at her two opponent before feeling the Shinx squirm in her grasp. "Huh? Shinx?" The Shinx lets out a cry before jumping out of her arm and landing in front, before electricity surrounds its frame, allowing Shinx to use Spark on the Lotad. The Lotad let out a pained cry before falling to the ground, hesitantly getting up before running away, leaving the Poochyena alone with the three. The Poochyena yipped at his ally before feeling piercing stares. He slowly turned around, only to see Shinx charging up electricity. The puppy yelped in fear before running away, but before it could run, "Icy Wind!" a blast of cold air hits the Poochyena and causes him to shiver at the coldness, slowing down his speed. "Now Shinx!" The Shinx swiftly charges at the puppy, a blue electrical energy surrounding him, and tackles the puppy, sending him into the bushes and away. Meiko sighs before grabbing Chip and looking at the Shinx, seeing him standing in his spot, looking satisfied.
"I'm glad we got to help you get back at them, but it's time we go." Meiko placed Chip on her shoulder and turned around, heading back to the path. As she reached it, a familiar cry was heard behind her, making her turn and Chip to chirp excitedly.

"Shinx?" Meiko called out, seeing the Shinx behind her, running up to them.
Shi! Inx! The Shinx cried, looking at her with begging eyes.
"Um… Did you need something?" Meiko was confused, why did Shinx follow them back to the path?
Kip! Chip chirped before jumping into Meiko's bag and squirming inside, looking for something.
"Chip?! What are you-" Chip jumped back out with a pokeball in his mouth and ran towards the Shinx, pointing the pokeball at the Shinx before running back and putting the pokeball in front of her feet.

"You want me to catch him?" Meiko looked down at her partner before looking at the Shinx. "Is that what you want Shinx? To join our team?" The Shinx cried before running over and snuggling into her leg like how a cat would.
"If that is your wish, then…" Meiko squatted town and grabbed the pokeball before tapping the device to Shinx's forehead, allowing the device to suck the pokemon inside. The device moved around, and the button glowed red, beeping three times before stopping all together, showing that she caught the Shinx.

"Welcome to the team…. Ray." Meiko stood up and opened the pokeball, letting out Ray and catching him with her arms.
Shinx! Ray let out a delighted cry and snuggled its face in between Meiko and Chip's faces. Chip chirped excitedly as Meiko giggled at the sensation of Shinx's fur. Meiko continued to walk on the path, not knowing that she would cross paths with other trainers in the future.

Enter Ray the Shinx!
Moves: Tackle * Leer * Charge * Baby-Doll Eyes * Spark

Last edited:
Back