• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playsation Meeting- Feb.20th

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
New CoD? I would think so, or perhaps Destiny, even if its a PS3/360 game...
Yep, its destiny. Game sounds great, and hopefully this means we're getting footage. Yep, footage. Game looks pretty, to say the least. Love that floating moon thing.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Destiny is the type of game that I've always hoped would revolutionize the FPS industry. I'd love to see more FPS try to integrate online play with a story or main game setting, or put more emphasis on the main/story mode. So I'm hoping this game does well.

Overall, it was a good presentation. While I won't be buying it day one, and I still won't be buying it until some exclusive comes a long that practically forces me to buy it (which'll probably be Persona 5), it was nice and actually gave me a reason to look at it as a viable console in the console race.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
And its done! I knew it, console plus price and date later at E3, and holiday 2013 was obvious. Can't wait!

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Trolling like how trolling should be done, I love you. But man, that was good. Confirm the console, drop some bombs, make sure everyone knows E3 is gonna rock.
I'm not buying anything they put out until they bring Other OS back. So in other words, I'm not buying anything they put out. But hey, at least I'm not buying any of the other new gen consoles (unless gaben's Steambox allows me to do what I want with it, in which case I'll buy that).

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I'm not buying anything they put out until they bring Other OS back. So in other words, I'm not buying anything they put out. But hey, at least I'm not buying any of the other new gen consoles (unless gaben's Steambox allows me to do what I want with it, in which case I'll buy that).
Steambox is Linux based, so I'm assuming some of it is customizable.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Steambox is Linux based, so I'm assuming some of it is customizable.
That'll be neat and I'm looking forward to doing all sorts of cool stuff with it. I might turn it into my primary server, since it'll probably be on a lot anyway, haha.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Huh, watch dogs was the PC version of the game. PS4 won't be looking so hot, or perhaps it was running on minimum to get as close as possible.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I knew Kojima Productions wouldn't turn up here, but I hoping for at least a little glimpse of Ground Zeroes or any other MGS. But I guess I gotta wait for E3 or some other event, pfft.

Deep Down did seem interesting to me though.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Idk if I'm gonna buy the PS4...were there any exclusives mentioned aside from Final Fantasy.....and even then that's on Xbox too isn't it?

NatureKeeper

...Good Job Sony. *facepalm*

Zet

Years
Idk if I'm gonna buy the PS4...were there any exclusives mentioned aside from Final Fantasy.....and even then that's on Xbox too isn't it?
infamous: Second Son will be an exclusive title. I can't remember which other games are going to be an exclusive.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
infamous: Second Son will be an exclusive title. I can't remember which other games are going to be an exclusive.
Knack and Drive Club.

...I think those were the only exclusives mentioned. Quantic Dreams talked about some games that may be exclusive, but I'm not completely sure about those. Also, I think the Braid creator is making a PS3-only game, but again, I'm not completely sure.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Well, while the rest of the Internet (or at least those of us who care about videogames) fanboyed/fangirled over the now-revealed PlayStation 4 yesterday, I was doing grueling, time-consuming homework... :P

T_T LOL; I got reminded about this big announcement earlier, and then when IGN was down/not working properly for a while yesterday, I was like, "Orite; that PlayStation thing is today...", which I'm guessing could've been a factor.

I anticipate what the cost will be; you'd think it would be more than what the original-model PlayStation 3 retailed for...but I guess Sony seems to be a bit more knowledgeable about the consumer crunch nowadays...

I'm glad that the "blocks used games" feature stayed a rumor, because I'm pretty sure such a lock-out would've been disastrous for Sony, seeing how many people depend on used games to engage in the videogame industry (I would definitely have been disappointed, as most of my first games ever were used). Time will tell what Microsoft will do for their next console, be it "XBox 720" or something else entirely...

The DualShock 4 controller for PS4 looks a little weird to me... I hope it's as ergonomic as the DualShock 3; even I have to admit that the DualShock 3 feels wonderful as a gaming controller. :3

It totally sucks that PS4 isn't natively compatible with PS3...at least emulation and cloud services are options, but it doesn't feel right coming off the heels of what happened with PS3 and backwards compatibility... Yeah, they're moving to new technology with PS4, but no backwards compatibility is still a shame... I'm grateful that Nintendo has an excellent track record in that department regarding most of their consoles..

gjs.png

...Good Job Sony. *facepalm*

:cer_laugh: That picture had me laughing so much...

Oh god, wait, did they say you can play PS4 games on the Vita? That's gonna boost Vita sales triple fold if it's true.

That would be quite the intriguing feature... :o

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I'm honestly not too keen on the PS4 from what we saw of it at the announcement. The whole social aspect doesn't appeal to me at all - I want a certain amount of privacy with my online gaming, and I don't want all my offline friends knowing every move I make when playing games either. And it's pretty clear that Vita has been relegated to PS4 accessory/Wii U knockoff...which is sad, since I love my Vita and wish Sony would give it some love. It has so much potential.

Other than that, the graphics only look marginally better than the PS3, and it looks like next gen is going to just be the same old crap from this gen - by-the-numbers sequels and 90% generic shooters.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Basically everything Morkula said.

I really don't understand the appeal of the social aspect. I like waking up early on a Saturday, turning on a game, and just zoning out. Why do I need to announce that to the world. ...ignoring that I just did.

Shadow-L

Lonesome Road
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 9, 2013
Still looking forward to more details on the console itself, but a lot of the games that were showcased at the conference look really interesting, haha.

Years
Going back and looking at some of the features that were revealed, I'm still excited about the live streaming of gameplay and being able to play games as their still downloading, but am disappointed at the lack of backwards compatibility, and like a few others have said, the whole social gaming aspect does seem a bit excessive. If the rumors are true that we have to be connected to the internet all the time when we play games, I think there'll be a lot of unhappy people (myself included). I'm also not quite sure how I feel about the touchpad on the controller, as I found it a little distracting when I accidentally pressed it when I tried the Vita.

All in all, I'll wait until we hear more info about the console (and actually see it), but I doubt it'll be something I pick up on day one. I have a feeling that it will slightly outperform the new XBox spec-wise, but I'd still rather wait until they're both out for a few months before I jump on either bandwagon.

Back