• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
It's good to see that you are still alive and still working on this, Proud of ya man! I'm super excited to play,

However, I was wondering if we could have some progress stat's? Like, what else is needed to be in the game, where the game is actually at, etc.
Unfortunately, it isn't easy to do progress stats because I don't *know* what is left. Just about everything I have done recently is fixing bugs. The game has been "done" for a while. Even the stuff in my last update - those are features I added in a while back. The difficulty in fixing these bugs is that most of them are battlescript related and some of those aren't even created by me, so they're harder to track down.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2019
Unfortunately, it isn't easy to do progress stats because I don't *know* what is left. Just about everything I have done recently is fixing bugs. The game has been "done" for a while. Even the stuff in my last update - those are features I added in a while back. The difficulty in fixing these bugs is that most of them are battlescript related and some of those aren't even created by me, so they're harder to track down.

Are there still a lot of battlescript bugs?

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2022

I understand, I would suggest releasing a beta, and see what other people find, Maybe other people will be able to find something that isn't so clear. Which I do understand that I shouldn't be "rushing you", but with it being "Done" It would be a lot faster and formidable if people tell you about the bugs.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Are there still a lot of battlescript bugs?
I've cleared 95% of the bugs I found in a few play throughs, so as far as I know, there aren't, but there still could be :D
The pokemon names are wrong in the screenshots
??? Be more specific? I'm not saying there isn't anything, but I don't see it. If I had to guess, I'd say you're referring to the screenshot with the opponent having a Zoroark and an HP bar saying Toxicroak. But that screenshot was intentional - it was to imply that there used to be a "Toxicroak" before Illusion wore off. The name and gender updates after the Illusion message.
I understand, I would suggest releasing a beta, and see what other people find, Maybe other people will be able to find something that isn't so clear. Which I do understand that I shouldn't be "rushing you", but with it being "Done" It would be a lot faster and formidable if people tell you about the bugs.
Oh, I plan to. I don't think it will be 100% perfect before release, but there are things that I don't think are acceptable in the existing battle engine, and releasing something if I know there are bugs would make me look pretty lazy. I've already said I jumped the gun on creating the thread, but meh.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2019

I suggest too so that we can help on finding those bugs (some you haven't found)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 3, 2016
Hack looks sharp. Just a quick question will this game support mutiplayer battle or trade? The 2nd floor PC

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Seconding the sentiment that you should put out a beta for us to play with. Everybody wins. You have a vehement bug-hunting team, and we get to explore the fantastic looking hack you've created.

Also hoping for an answer on the multiplayer thing, because that'd just be the cherry on top of an already feature rich hack

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I'll say - Take your time. It's unusual for this site to see somebody's so caring about quality of his product. Personaly, i appreciate it. If you feel that your hack is still not ready to be released to public, then fine.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2019
Any update on this? I'm so hyped on this. Can't wait! Good luck though :)

Years
This hack looks fun....I am really waiting for this hack!!!!

Also make this hack little challenging using trainerr ev(pls dont increase lv curve of trainer)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
I suggest too so that we can help on finding those bugs (some you haven't found)
Seconding the sentiment that you should put out a beta for us to play with. Everybody wins. You have a vehement bug-hunting team, and we get to explore the fantastic looking hack you've created.

Also hoping for an answer on the multiplayer thing, because that'd just be the cherry on top of an already feature rich hack
I mean. Here's the deal. Finding bugs isn't a problem. This is how I do this: I have a relatively up to date version on my phone, and I just play through the game. Each time I play through it, I find more obscure bugs. But it isn't like I'm wasting any "hack progression" time by doing the testing myself, because I only do the "testing" when I'm not at my computer anyways, so I wouldn't be able to update the hack to begin with. The constraint is time at my computer, and I'm never spending that time looking for bugs. That's why releasing this to a bunch of people to test bugs wouldn't save any time. I suspect it would only cause people to be annoyed by a buggy hack.
Hack looks sharp. Just a quick question will this game support mutiplayer battle or trade? The 2nd floor PC
Hmm. I didn't remove it, but I'm 90% sure it doesn't work with the current Mega code. Idk, I've never done multiplayer with a hack. Sorry :(
I'll say - Take your time. It's unusual for this site to see somebody's so caring about quality of his product. Personaly, i appreciate it. If you feel that your hack is still not ready to be released to public, then fine.
yeah, take your time. i really want to replay fr/lg and this looks like THE hack to do it
Any update on this? I'm so hyped on this. Can't wait! Good luck though :)
This hack looks marvelous and I can't wait to try it out. Do what you have to do with this hack before you release it, and keep up the good work.
Thank you :)
This hack looks fun....I am really waiting for this hack!!!!

Also make this hack little challenging using trainerr ev(pls dont increase lv curve of trainer)
Yep, they're already in!

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
I mean. Here's the deal. Finding bugs isn't a problem. This is how I do this: I have a relatively up to date version on my phone, and I just play through the game. Each time I play through it, I find more obscure bugs. But it isn't like I'm wasting any "hack progression" time by doing the testing myself, because I only do the "testing" when I'm not at my computer anyways, so I wouldn't be able to update the hack to begin with. The constraint is time at my computer, and I'm never spending that time looking for bugs. That's why releasing this to a bunch of people to test bugs wouldn't save any time.

no beta release:
When you are on your PC: time constraints, understandable
When you are not at your PC: only one person(you) playing through the hack and that is when you have time on your phone. bugs take much longer to find. maybe you have a certain personal style of playing resulting in you missing out on certain bugs that only become exposed when released publicly. so players might still see funny bugs on the initial public release. seriously one guy cannot catch everything even with dozens of playthroughs.

beta release:
When you are on your PC: same time constraints
When you are not at your PC: multiple players over the world using different emulators/platforms finding numerous bugs. maybe it doesn't save time per se, but having different players with different styles/methods of playing allow you to compile the full bug-list more quicker and easier and thus leading to a overall faster bug-free final release.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
I mean. Here's the deal. Finding bugs isn't a problem. This is how I do this: I have a relatively up to date version on my phone, and I just play through the game. Each time I play through it, I find more obscure bugs. But it isn't like I'm wasting any "hack progression" time by doing the testing myself, because I only do the "testing" when I'm not at my computer anyways, so I wouldn't be able to update the hack to begin with. The constraint is time at my computer, and I'm never spending that time looking for bugs. That's why releasing this to a bunch of people to test bugs wouldn't save any time. I suspect it would only cause people to be annoyed by a buggy hack.

To be honest, I'm mostly for a buggy-ish beta releasey because I'm ridiculously keen to get my hands on this and play it. Even if a little buggy, assuming it's fairly stable/playable. My campaign, at least, for the bug-squashing release is kind of rooted impatience, but also just from knowing how frequently hacks go unfinished with the hackers nowhere to be found. It'd really suck if that happened to you, and the glorious Nameless Firered project never saw that light of day

Anyways. Good luck man, here's hoping we're getting close to a release

Delta231

A noob
Years
Cannot wait for it and can you add new 6 gen menu sprites and I can tell you the link if your interested

Zef

zef
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
lol stop pushing him, it's his project. make your own hack and do things your own way

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Just letting everyone know that I've played through my own game for what will likely be the last time before I release it :D To make sure the evolutions are fine and nothing has been forgotten, all I have left to do is complete my own national dex (minus legendaries) which is already almost done. You can all expect my first release within the next three years :)
no beta release:
When you are on your PC: time constraints, understandable
When you are not at your PC: only one person(you) playing through the hack and that is when you have time on your phone. bugs take much longer to find. maybe you have a certain personal style of playing resulting in you missing out on certain bugs that only become exposed when released publicly. so players might still see funny bugs on the initial public release. seriously one guy cannot catch everything even with dozens of playthroughs.

beta release:
When you are on your PC: same time constraints
When you are not at your PC: multiple players over the world using different emulators/platforms finding numerous bugs. maybe it doesn't save time per se, but having different players with different styles/methods of playing allow you to compile the full bug-list more quicker and easier and thus leading to a overall faster bug-free final release.
I know that I won't catch everything - I expect there to still be bugs. But that doesn't mean that I won't first fix the things that I do catch. And yes the bugs will be found quicker, but finding bugs faster != fixing bugs at a faster rate. There is no moment during which I'm sitting at my computer and saying "let's find a bug to fix." The fact that I am literally always tweaking something (not finding something) while at my computer means that finding more bugs will not speed up a single thing. I won't be specific, but you can find numerous examples on this site of people succumbing to pressure and releasing buggy games just to "get it out."
To be honest, I'm mostly for a buggy-ish beta releasey because I'm ridiculously keen to get my hands on this and play it. Even if a little buggy, assuming it's fairly stable/playable. My campaign, at least, for the bug-squashing release is kind of rooted impatience, but also just from knowing how frequently hacks go unfinished with the hackers nowhere to be found. It'd really suck if that happened to you, and the glorious Nameless Firered project never saw that light of day

Anyways. Good luck man, here's hoping we're getting close to a release
Oh, you definitely don't need to worry about that. Hacks go unfinished because hackers do things like promise flashy features that they can't follow through on and get too lazy / don't have time / don't have the motivation to finish. But everything on my features list is already implemented and I've managed to beat the game multiple times, so what I have, though it has bugs, is playable. Even if I quit hacking today, I could take the five minutes to upload the imperfect patch.
I want to play this hack!😍
I want to release it, too :)
Cannot wait for it and can you add new 6 gen menu sprites and I can tell you the link if your interested
They're already inserted?
lol stop pushing him, it's his project. make your own hack and do things your own way
Thank you sir! Though I'm not really annoyed by anyone in this thread, so no big deal.

Back