• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What pkmn should complete my team?

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 21, 2018
Okay so I recently brought Silver on the 3ds and am currently at the elite four, however I only have 4 main pokemon on my team and need a couple more to round it off for when I start Kanto, who should I pick??

so far I have
typhlosion.png
Typhlosion
ampharos.png
Ampharos
sunflora.png
Sunflora
octillery.png
Octillery

I kinda want a Psychic/Ghost type (and not any that involve trading)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
May I suggest Girafarig, a Normal/Psychic Type. By being part Normal, it makes it immune to Ghost moves and learns a Dark Type move in Crunch. Although Dark Types are the best counter to Psychic types, by also being part Psychic makes it a good Pokemon to use against Sabrina as well.

As for a 2nd Pokemon, how about Piloswine, a Ground/Ice Type. Being part Ground makes it useful against Lt.Surge and the Ice Typing is a must-have for Lance and his Dragons.

Interesting choice for a Grass type though. Most people I see go with Oddish/Bellsprout lines.

Last edited:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
umbreon can be a nice tank and throw around some strong dark moves if you take the time to raise the eevee bill gave you.

Jynx would fit your team perfectly bringing psychic and ice coverage with good speed and power, the problem would be finding her due to her rarity in the Ice Path

you may want to consider Skarmory as a strong defensive pokemon and a good flying type too (lucky you its silver exclusive)

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 21, 2018
Thanks for helping!

Interesting choice for a Grass type though. Most people I see go with Oddish/Bellsprout lines.

yeah I've never raised a Sunflora before but shes actually pretty great, her speed was an issue at first but once its at a high enough level, its pretty solid! Especially with Petal Dance or Giga Drain.

Back