Meet & Greet New forum users, start here! Introduce yourself to the community, welcome your fellow members, and discover all of the cool things you can do around PokéCommunity.

Old July 16th, 2018 (12:49 AM).
Pokemon Speedrunner/Shiny Hunter

Nature: Careful
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jewish starfish View Post
    Howdy! Just call me Sofi! I draw, write, and I like to play 'mon games! Especially hacks! I was raised with gen 4 & 5 UvU
    Does anyone know where I could find a forum for shiny hunters or ROM hack players? I could use their help right now. Thank you all <3
    Hello and welcome to the community fellow Pokemon friend. I am new here too but I can help with your Shiny-Hunting Problem.

Depending on the fact if you're trying to hunt a starter Poke'mon: I have no clue personally if your ROM Hack game has Fan-made starters. If it does then It may have a shiny starter in there. However, if it's just an official Poke'mon starter you may have to reset the ROM over and over and go into a battle with that starter to check if it's shiny (If it's Gen 3) If it's Gen 1 check the stats.

The Wild Poke'mon starters just either keep fighting/battling 'till you get that shiny starter you want or keep running away and trying again. It may take a lot of time but it may be worth it depending if you really want it. Most of my shinies I have found were worth it, So many shinies are worth it just for collecting but not so for battling. But Anyway, I wish you much luck on finding that shiny Poke'mon!

Welcome to the Poke'mon Community once again!

You may think life is not worthing living for, thinking nobody loves and appreciates you. You're wrong, I appreciate every human being on this planet.

Keep living. Keep loving. Keep helping.

Old September 2nd, 2018 (3:11 AM).
    Pokemon Speedrunner/Shiny Hunter

Nature: Careful
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by jewish starfish View Post
      Hey there!
      In the ROM hacks I'm playing (Storm Silver and Blaze Black 1 and 2, i.e gen 4 and 5) all the original Pokemon stay as they are. I gave up on the starter mon since I didn't feel like it was worth it, so I just stuck with its original version.
      However very recently I have soft reseted for a shiny Lapras, and it was a really fast and successful hunt! I'm super happy with it, and before catching it I've found 2 accidental shinies in my journey. I have been watching videos recently about how shiny hunting works, but your advice on shiny starters in hacks was really helpful and I couldn't find anywhere. Thank you for everything man! :D
      No problem. I am always glad to help people when they are in need. I hope you get to be involved and I hope we could possibly grow to become friends!

You may think life is not worthing living for, thinking nobody loves and appreciates you. You're wrong, I appreciate every human being on this planet.

Keep living. Keep loving. Keep helping.

Quick Reply