• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime Lucky Dip [Sign-Up for round 2 now!]

Years
Well, after episode 1, I'm officially hooked on Made in Abyss.

yesss

Episode 6 of Yona here. Being a shoujo/harem, I never would've picked it up, but the characters so far feel like real people and the politics plot is very interesting. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Glad you enjoy it! The art/animation is beautiful and colors are very vibrant. I really wish we'd get another season.

Anyways, just want to let you all know I'll be watching Gosick over the weekend and updating then. I'm suffering through a very bad bacterial throat infection atm which I just got medicated for, so sitting down and watching things has been too exhausting. T_T

Years
yesss

Glad you enjoy it! The art/animation is beautiful and colors are very vibrant. I really wish we'd get another season.

Anyways, just want to let you all know I'll be watching Gosick over the weekend and updating then. I'm suffering through a very bad bacterial throat infection atm which I just got medicated for, so sitting down and watching things has been too exhausting. T_T

Feel better soon!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
I'll be gone for 8 days, so no anime during that time. That being said, I reached episode 12 and the invisible ninjas are cutting onions again...

Years
So, I finished Made in Abyss earlier today. January cannot come fast enough I need to know what happens next. What's at the bottom of that damn hole?

The world building is incredible in this show, the story is really good with no plot holes and together they create several mysteries that need answering, so far only the surface has been scratched. The visuals and ost are amazing too. There's something really atmospheric about the world of Made in Abyss that just drags you in and makes you want to explore it just as much as the protagonists.

Speaking of, the characters are all fun and likeable. The only issue so far though is that they haven't really shown much development and exist more as a vehicle for us to explore the world than anything. They're great characters but it would be nice to see a little more growth. I currently have the show rated at 10/10 but once the hype dies down I'll probably drop it to a nine based on that one issue.

I loved it though. Really pleased I drew this one in the RNG.

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
Years
Reached episode 7 of Higurashi. There was a BIG plot twist a couple of episodes ago that took me completely by surprise and the mistery is getting pretty interesting to examine and trying to piece together.

Years
Spoiler:

Hey guys, today is the last day for the first round of the event. Any final thoughts on your show?

Also, since this was so successful (and fun), I've decided to do a second round. So if you guys are up for another round, I'll be leaving another week to sign up and add three more series to the pool. Just post here to let know if you're in for the next round and then DM me with your next three series for the RNG pool as before.

Years
Hey guys, today is the last day for the first round of the event. Any final thoughts on your show?
Finished up The Promised Neverland last night, and even though I had a few small issues with things here and there, overall it was a great watch, and I'll definitely be checking out the second season when it comes out in the new year.

Like I said before, the pace was a little strange at points, and certain things were easy to predict, but the characters were really well done, so I was able to look past all of that (well, except for the fact that even as smart as some of them are, there's no way a group of kids under the age of 12 should be able to do the things they did). I also love that season 2 will literally be a blank slate for the kids, and I'm interested to see how they react to their new surroundings!

Also, since this was so successful (and fun), I've decided to do a second round. So if you guys are up for another round, I'll be leaving another week to sign up and add three more series to the pool. Just post here to let know if you're in for the next round and then DM me with your next three series for the RNG pool as before.
The next couple weeks are going to be really busy as I'm shifting to a new position at work, so I'll sit this one out. Hopefully this will be a recurring event though, because I definitely want to give this another try at some point!

Years
Just watched the first episode of Gosick and I like it as much as I thought I would. Really enjoyed the pop-up book style opening, Victorique is adorable, and the setting is gorgeous. Studio Bones handling it is one of the best things to ask for. 👍 Great animation/flow.

I'll be continuing this until I finish. Can't believe this gem passed me by for so long!!

Years
Spoiler:

Just a reminder that if you're in for this round I'll need three more series to add to the pool by the end of the week.

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
Years
I had a lot of fun and will finish watching at my pace but I think I will sit the next round out, I'll be a bit busy next weeks and I don't like to have too many shows to catch up/follow and Higurashi with Doctor Stone and now My Hero Academia will keep me occupied for a while.

I had a lot of fun though and will definitely follow this topic and what anime are chosen this time and look forward to participate if we do this event again!

Years
Spoiler:

Alright, gonna start us off just a bit early since I don't think anybody new is joining. The round ends on October 7th. Your shows are below.

gimmepie - Black Lagoon
LucarioBread - Saekano
Sheep - Kokoro Connect
Donavannj - Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
Superjolt - Pandora Hearts

Years
Is it too late to sign up for round 2?! If not, I'm in!

Technically yes, but screw it. We're only just starting.
You RNGd Zombieland Saga. If you've already seen it let me know and I can re-roll for you.

Oh, nice, I've been meaning to watch Takagi-San anyway, just been procrastinating on actually watching it.

I'm in the same boat with Black Lagoon lol.
I actually finished Takagi-San's second season just last week. Honestly the show is surprisingly good.

Years
An anime involving body switches? oh my lol
Interested in seeing what this is about, thanks!

It's very good. I hope you like it.

As for my own show, I started Black Lagoon earlier and I'm now up to ep 4. It's been fun so far and I'm curious to see what direction it goes for the remainder of the show.

Back