Sapphire Rose

Only thorns left on this rose.

Age 24
Female
Over the hills and far away.
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
As the title states, I've picked up digital art again after 8 years and am trying to improve and showcase my attempts. Hopefully so others and myself can watch me improve and possibly give me pointers?

Pokémon related

Added September 22
Dragonair with flowers:
Spoiler:

Added September 20
Rowlet
Spoiler:

Added September 19[Commission For Stinging Bea/Alby for Dragon's Pirate PMD RP]
Spoiler:

Made September 13[Remade the Eevee from my previous attempt and gave it a different pose]
Seraphina
Spoiler:

Made September 8 [But was sketched on normal paper before that]
Surprised Pichu
Spoiler:

Made September 6 2020 [First attempt after not having drawn in 8 years]
Cuddly Eevee
Spoiler:

Version 1:

Version 2 (still trying to find my style):

Others

Made September 11[Commission for MurkMire]
Spoiler:

P.S: I took inspiration from Sheep's gallery :x

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
22,288 posts
8.4 Years
The fact your this good after only just coming back to art is mildly infuriating. Your linework, colour and shading are all really good, especially on Seraphina's ribbon.

I think that you should possibly have tried doing some blending with Pichu's apple instead of doing the hard divide between the red and yellow. It would make it feel more like a fruit than something painted on. Try playing around a bit with transparency and glow dodge on your highlights too.

Some of the creases on Murk's comm are a bit much too. Primarily the one across his chest, it feels like it shouldn't be there for the position he's in

Overall though, you're doing a fantastic job.

Sapphire Rose

Age 24
Female
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
Commission For Stinging Bea/Alby

Quinn the Rowlet
Spoiler:

The fact your this good after only just coming back to art is mildly infuriating. Your linework, colour and shading are all really good, especially on Seraphina's ribbon.

I think that you should possibly have tried doing some blending with Pichu's apple instead of doing the hard divide between the red and yellow. It would make it feel more like a fruit than something painted on. Try playing around a bit with transparency and glow dodge on your highlights too.

Some of the creases on Murk's comm are a bit much too. Primarily the one across his chest, it feels like it shouldn't be there for the position he's in

Overall though, you're doing a fantastic job.
I already responded to you on discord haha but Thank you <3 I showed you the reason the "apple" was drawn the way it was because it's actually a Leppa berry :)

I kept being dissatisfied with Murk's comm but the reason might be because of the creases you mention so thank for pointing that out.

Adventure

w i t h i n_

they/them
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
34,612 posts
12.8 Years
Oooh sapphy, you're so good! I especially love the special Rowlet 😍 looks like it comes straight out of official media!

Sapphire Rose

Age 24
Female
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
Oooh sapphy, you're so good! I especially love the special Rowlet 😍 looks like it comes straight out of official media!
Ahhhh thank you so much 😍<3

I made a new one too! Another Rowlet~ Same pose, different drawing style and expression!

Spoiler:

Sheep

she/her
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
the surprised pichu, ahhh so soft and pure!!! T_T
art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Sapphire Rose

Age 24
Female
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
the surprised pichu, ahhh so soft and pure!!! T_T
I'm tbh really proud on that Pichu as it was one of my first drawings in 8 years <3 I'm glad you like it 😍

Also made another new one!

Dragonair with flowers <3
Spoiler:

Nina

Age 29
Female
Arkansas
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
2,401 posts
12.8 Years
This work is lovely! People mistake how hard it is to get some really good looking flowers in stuff! Your choice of blue roses to go with the yellow parts really is quite good.

Want to get help with your pixel art?
Consider joining my discord server Atelier Pixel!
Join here!

Sapphire Rose

Age 24
Female
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
This work is lovely! People mistake how hard it is to get some really good looking flowers in stuff! Your choice of blue roses to go with the yellow parts really is quite good.
Thank you <3 The blue roses were actually supposed to be a reference to blue dragonair :D I'm recreating the same piece with a blue dragonair instead and that one has pink flowers as a reference!