• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many shiny Pokémon do you have?

Years
Doesn't have to be an exact amount, since some of us are very big on shiny hunting! Approximately how many do you have? 2? 15? A whole box? 5 boxes? More?? :D How did you get them (breeding, SOS chaining, raids, etc)

Years
I've maybe got like 2/3 of a box? I go through periods of shiny hunting and stuff so don't have too many shiny Pokemon but always try and get my favourites when I do. I think XY was when I was into shinies the most, racked up a lot of hours grinding for a Zorua, Helioptile etc and I've got a few off people here on PC :)

Years
Not all that many, maybe 5 or 6? Breloom, Heracross, Swanna, and Ninetales are the only ones I can think of that I've caught, but I have a feeling I'm forgetting at least one.

I don't really breed or chain for shiny Pokemon though, so that number usually goes up once per generation at best.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Excluding clones, defaults, and those I got via trade/event, I'm counting 167.

Full-odds: 60 (3 via soft-resetting)
Shiny Charm-only: 4
Masuda method: 30
Poké Radar: 23
Friend Safari: 12
Chain-fishing: 6
DexNav: 6
Horde: 20

I've got 6 more in Sword that I'm thinking are full-odds, but I'm still not 100% certain how rates work in SWSH.

EDIT: Found another in Sword and VC Gold.

Last edited:
Years
I have a good few boxes in home not through catching tho, got lucky brought a second hand version of Platinum and the previous owner must of been a shiny hunter because there was boxes full of them

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I only shiny hunt in xy and oras. I use all methods without shiny charm excluding poke radar. I'm mainly going for gens 1-3 living dex, for gen 1 I'm missing 20 excluding Mew. Almost all thats left are masuda method hunts, but need 2 more fossil resets, 1of each fossil as well as some random encounters like Nidorina and some 5% hordes like Exeggcute and Scyther.

Overall I have 410 unique shinies living dex style.

Years
i have several boxes of shinies in swsh as we speak, although those are only shinies that i care about having. i'm pretty satisfied with that amount and i'm by no means a shiny dex hunter so i'll probably leave it at that. xD;

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
gen 5 and 6 have my most concentrated numbers aha. i did rng abuse in gen 5 and still have plenty of fruits of that labor there. i did a lot of shiny hunting and collecting in gen 6 too and had about four boxes full...i still have them on x. i haven't touched that game in years and transferring pokemon out of their native generation has always made me rather uneasy so they'll probably stay there. i should pop in the cart and see what i have.

as for other generations uhhh. not really much? i think i have a shiny umbreon in moon. none for gen 8. i found a shiny drowzee in silver once...i have a few that i got in gen 4 (crobat, jumpluff, arbok, probably others) and i have a mightyena and spinda in emerald.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
yo a few days after posting this i found a shiny tauros in heartgold dreams do come true

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
If we are talking in a cartridge, then a shiny Tumbeak in UltraMoon while I was grinding and a shiny Golurk in my Shield nuzrun also while grinding.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 24, 2021
I have 4 shinies not counting guaranteed ones like Gyarados. There's Farfetch'd in Platinum, Victreebell and Dodrio in Let's Go Eevee, and Smoochum in Crystal. Only Farfetch'd was a full-odds shiny I randomly ran into. Victreebell and Dodrio were from catch combos but I wasn't looking for shinies, just catching a bunch of Pokémon. Smoochum was from the Odd Egg and hunted.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i have to come back to this thread bc i have had rly good shiny luck the past few months lmfao. i found a shiny tauros in heartgold while grinding outside the safari zone. found a shiny swinub in icefall cave in firered, which is what i played right after HG. tonight, i hatched a shiny eiscue in sword right after tweeting abt shiny hunting...then i did a dynamax adventure and got a shiny exploud lmfao. i almost didn't take it bc it's hardly different from the normal one but hey. so yeah that's how things are goin. also not a shiny but i got pokerus in ruby lmfao. crazy man

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
I have around 10 currently sitting in my Shiny Box in Shield, most from the Dynamax Adventures but also the Zeraora from the Raid Event and a shiny Onix and Spheal that I randomly found in Platinum and Omega Ruby respectively before transferring them over to Shield.

Back