• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discord mobile/Possibly more phone problems

Years
Not sure if this entirely belongs here but Discord mobile has been very finicky for me. Last night it wouldn't connect at all, despite my WiFi working just fine, so I thought I would restart my phone. This did nothing, so I decided to sleep and hope it'd be solved in the morning.

The next morning was no different, it was giving me the same thing. I restarted my phone again, nothing changed, and I thought I'd uninstall and reinstall the app. However, the Play Store was also acting weird, and I was unable to even reinstall it, and it seems to give me the same thing with other apps.

I've tried checking Discord's server status or customer support, and strangely enough, it gives me the same thing and won't connect. It seems even Discord's twitter also won't load (I'm using mobile browser twitter for this, haven't checked anything else that way.) My phone browser loads other pages just fine, it just seems discord is getting thanos snapped out of my life or something.

If it helps, whenever I tried connecting to Discord I'd get a sort of pop-up saying "Cannot connect to location" or something. Looking this up shows this is a problem with Google Maps, which seems to be working just fine for me.

I'll take any help I can get. I'm feeling a little desperate to use discord again since it's how I talk to my friends and due to the pandemic I don't really interact with people much outside of that. If anyone could give me any advice, even if it's very miniscule I'd greatly appreciate it

Years
Level 3 (a global provider of large servers that runs a huge backbone of the internet) had issues this morning that resulted in slow or no connectivity to several major services, including some that also rely on CloudFlare for operation. This might be why you weren't able to get on.

Are you still unable to access Discord and the Play Store on your phone? What about when you change from your home network to your phone's data connection?

Years
Level 3 (a global provider of large servers that runs a huge backbone of the internet) had issues this morning that resulted in slow or no connectivity to several major services, including some that also rely on CloudFlare for operation. This might be why you weren't able to get on.

Are you still unable to access Discord and the Play Store on your phone? What about when you change from your home network to your phone's data connection?

Wow that explains everything. And I've tried accessing Discord again with no luck still. And admittedly I don't really know how to connect to my phone's data connection, I'm pretty technologically incompetent. Is there any way to see the status of this outage?

Years
Wow that explains everything. And I've tried accessing Discord again with no luck still. And admittedly I don't really know how to connect to my phone's data connection, I'm pretty technologically incompetent. Is there any way to see the status of this outage?
Just turn WiFi off on your phone if you use WiFI connection.

Back