• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
I don't know where I got 4 she has the event number 0 Lol... That's probably why it wasn't working...

Ya that's why it wasn't working but the mother moved right after the script ended and she didn't even face the player...

BTW I thought setflag was supposed to give u the running shoes... Cause I wanted her to give the running shoes at the same time xD

.... still don't know what i'm doing...

kj3400

Wants a Magneton for a Charger
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Her event number can't be zero, especially if she's the only person in the room...it would have to be 1.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
.... still don't know what i'm doing...

You're supposed to use your applymovement commands to make her look at the player not faceplayer (in green script tiles). Second, set the flag after the check.
I.e:
Checkflag 0x828
if TRUE jump :end
setflag 0x828
... <--- These dots are where your Applymovement and message box goes
:end
release
end

EDIT:
The reason she's moving after the message is because you have the applymovement 0x0 @pointer after the message box. LOL.

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
You're supposed to use your applymovement commands to make her look at the player not faceplayer (in green script tiles). Second, set the flag after the check.
I.e:
Checkflag 0x828
if TRUE jump :end
setflag 0x828
... <--- These dots are where your Applymovement and message box goes
:end
release
end

EDIT:
The reason she's moving after the message is because you have the applymovement 0x0 @pointer after the message box. LOL.

Ok First of all, i'll be your beta tester xD.

Second of all is there another way to make it so after the script, she gives you the running shoes with a script attached to that?

EDIT:
Here's the script again
Spoiler:

EDIT AGAIN:
I also need a way the mom walks back...

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Ok First of all, i'll be your beta tester xD.

Second of all is there another way to make it so after the script, she gives you the running shoes with a script attached to that?

Do this:

EDIT:
Spoiler:

I'm not very knowledgeable with XSE, but I think that should work. Remember to enter in the stuff @sometihng and @move_back.

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
Do this:

EDIT:
Spoiler:

I'm not very knowledgeable with XSE, but I think that should work. Remember to enter in the stuff @sometihng and @move_back.

Well it worked but she just didn't give you the running shoes so I compiled a seperate script for the running shoes but thanks anyways :D

Edit:
If you still want a beta tester I am available (sorry if this is annoying you...)

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Well it worked but she just didn't give you the running shoes so I compiled a seperate script for the running shoes but thanks anyways :D

Edit:
If you still want a beta tester I am available (sorry if this is annoying you...)

I used the wrong flag for running shoes LOL. It's not 0x828, that's the Pokemon menu. Running shoes is 0x82F. You can just change the flag on that script and it would work.

As for beta tester, I don't need it for playing the game. It's not so much for beta testing, as its for criticizing my ideas. Naturally you'll have a change to play it eventually. If you're still up for it you can PM me :)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Yeah, I doubt run speed would be effected very much (though it depends on the computer, if you're running it on some 1970 IBM computer it can slow down...maybe :D)

I have a couple questions now:

1) How does the cleartrainerflag command work? Is it just cleartrainerflag 0xTrainerID#?

2) How can I check multiples of variables? I.E Variable 1 is a multiple of 2?

3) Why can't I pass in variables like 0x5000 for paramaters but I can pass in LASTRESULT? Can I pass in all temporary variables?

Answers appreciated :)

1). Yes, however, trainer flags work backworsds of usual flags. To set a flag makes the trainer anble to battle while clearing it prevents them from battling. (it isn't exactly opposite when you get deeper into why, but it's the easiest way to remember)

2). Why? Anyways, there isn't a command, you will need to write an ASM routine.

3). Parameters for what? I have used 0x5000s extensively on regualr compare commads and they work fine. If you are talking about things like chckgender, it is automatic for most of them to use LASTRESULT. The special2 command also can use any variable but it best to use a temp one so you know it will be cleaned later.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
1). Yes, however, trainer flags work backworsds of usual flags. To set a flag makes the trainer anble to battle while clearing it prevents them from battling. (it isn't exactly opposite when you get deeper into why, but it's the easiest way to remember)

2). Why? Anyways, there isn't a command, you will need to write an ASM routine.

3). Parameters for what? I have used 0x5000s extensively on regualr compare commads and they work fine. If you are talking about things like chckgender, it is automatic for most of them to use LASTRESULT. The special2 command also can use any variable but it best to use a temp one so you know it will be cleaned later.

1) Thanks, I thought it was weird when he didn't battle me XD

2) I found out : http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7125655&postcount=104

3) I'm talking about stuff like this:
Spoiler:

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
Ok FIRST OF ALL I HATE THIS XSE I CAN'T COMPILE ANY SCRIPTS ON MY OWN ANYMORE...

Second of all I need major help
Spoiler:

Basically what I'm trying to do is make the mother walk out of the door and give you items...

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Ok FIRST OF ALL I HATE THIS XSE I CAN'T COMPILE ANY SCRIPTS ON MY OWN ANYMORE...

Second of all I need major help
Spoiler:

TO MAKE THIS WORK RIGHT:

First, make a mother sprite at the door you want her to show up at in AdvanceMap.
Note she should be 1 tiles above the door. Like this:
ylzly.png

Set the mother's person ID to 0204 in Advance map. Now create a green script tile in the player's room (make sure he can't avoid it, make two if you have too -- right outside the stairs is perfect. Make those script tiles setflag 0x204 then release end.

EDIT:
This XSE you're using isn't the updated one right? I think you're using an old version (idk though).

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
1) Thanks, I thought it was weird when he didn't battle me XD

2) I found out : http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7125655&postcount=104

3) I'm talking about stuff like this:
Spoiler:

Code:
#Dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
random 0x50
copyvar 0x5000 LASTRESULT
givepokemon 0x5000 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x5000
msgbox @msg 0x2
end

#org @msg
= You have obtained a [buffer1]!

This script works perfectly^^^^ Same thing, just in XSE. (Well, not perfect, I got a missingno the first time, but a Nidorino the 2nd, haha :) )

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Code:
#Dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
random 0x50
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x5000
msgbox @msg 0x2
end

#org @msg

This script works perfectly^^^^ Same thing, just in XSE. (Well, not perfect, I got a missingno the first time, but a Nidorino the 2nd, haha :) )

I'm probably being an idiot and doing something dumb again then, haha. I swear it didn't work for me :P

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Umm what pokemon is 0x500??
Compile this and find out:
#Dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
random 0x50
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x5000
msgbox @msg 0x2
end

#org @msg

It's actually a fun script :)

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
Spoiler:

TO MAKE THIS WORK RIGHT:

First, make a mother sprite at the door you want her to show up at in AdvanceMap.
Note she should be 1 tiles above the door. Like this:
ylzly.png

Set the mother's person ID to 0204 in Advance map. Now create a green script tile in the player's room (make sure he can't avoid it, make two if you have too -- right outside the stairs is perfect. Make those script tiles setflag 0x204 then release end.

EDIT:
This XSE you're using isn't the updated one right? I think you're using an old version (idk though).

No it's the new xse, btw i think my script is bad cause it's not working...

Blah

Free supporter
Years
No it's the new xse, btw i think my script is bad cause it's not working...

Looking at it now, you don't have wait fanfare and stuff. Though I can tell you right now, you're doing things that are a little too hard for your level right now. Try to do something simpler and build on it. Master applymovement and flags :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back