• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
using flags above 1000 is not nessacary the game dose not have flages above 300

I think you mean over 0x3FFF. That's how much flags there are.

0x3FFF and below are flags.
0x1000 - 0x3FFF are the safe flags.

0x4000 - 0xFFFF are variables.
0x5000 - 0x7000 are safe variables.

0x4000 - 0x7FFF are variables which change map location due to DMA protection (Fire Red, Leaf Green and Emerald only) and keep their values.

0x8000 and above are temporary variables which scripting commands stores values in and reset to 0 when the game is closed. They have a set RAM loaction.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
I've always had problems with give item scripts, and flags. Would anyone be able to tell me what the problem is with this one? The guy says his line twice, and then doesn't give me the item.

Spoiler:

There's the script.
You need to put buffers after your giveitem, I think (two times 0x0 after the 0x3).

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
Hello.

I made this Script but when I walk on the tile which activates it, nothing happens at all, I can just simply continue on walking. I have set the Script's 'Unknown' to 4050 and 'Var Value' to 3, and tried with 'Var Number' 1 aswell. I am using XSE. Here is the Script anyway:

Spoiler:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Hello.

I made this Script but when I walk on the tile which activates it, nothing happens at all, I can just simply continue on walking. I have set the Script's 'Unknown' to 4050 and 'Var Value' to 3, and tried with 'Var Number' 1 aswell. I am using XSE. Here is the Script anyway:

Spoiler:
You have to set the UNKNOWN value to 0003 and the VAR NUMBER to 4050, not like what you said.

NintendoWalkthrudude

Creator of Pokemon Ninja!
Years
I can't make this anymore easier to understand. Which is why I said to start with the small scripts first.

It doesn't matter what you want to do, like givepokemon or answer more questions. All you have to do is point to it... You're really not reading the script correctly.

Okay, You want to givepokemon based on a question:

Code:
#Org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @do_you_want 0x5 [B]'Asks the question, "Do you want the Pokemon?"[/B]
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @chose_yes [B]'If 0x1 means if Yes, if you chose yes then goto pointer "chose_yes"[/B]
msgbox @I_chose_no 0x6 [B]'If you chose no then the message will appear[/B]
release
end

#org @chose_yes
msgbox @Here_is_the_pokemon 0x6 [B]'This is what happens when you choose yes, a msg appears and you receive a pokemon[/B]
givepokemon ... ... ...
release
end

#org @do_you_want
= Do you want this Pokemon?

#org @I_chose_no
= Oh, you don't want it?\nToo bad[.]

#org @Here_is_the_pokemon
= Here you go!\pTake good care of it!

What I've been trying to explain to you is that you don't have to strictly follow those guidelines to script. You can customize the script like this:

Code:
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @Hello 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @yes_choice
msgbox @hate 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @move_away 'Of course, if you select no, the person will say I hate you, then move away
waitmovement 0x1
release
end

#org @yes_choice
msgbox @thanks 0x6
release
end

#org @Hello
= Hi! Am I pretty?

#org @hate
= I hate you! You're ugly...

#org @move_away
#raw (movements to move the person off the map)

#org @thanks
= Thank you, you're pretty cute\nyourself!

And by testing out these different customizations you can write scripts the way you want, like when selecting Yes/no points to another question.

For the sake of understanding this "lesson", here's making a question lead to another question:
Code:
#org @start
msgbox @ready 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @question_2
msgbox @take_time 0x6
release
end

#org @question_2
msgbox @sure_ready 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @next_statement
msgbox @well 0x6
release
end

#org @next_statement
msgbox @good 0x6
release
end

#org @ready
= [player] are you ready?

#org @take_time
= Take your time[.]

#org @sure_ready
= [player] are you sure you're\nready?

#org @well
= Well, stop wasting my time!

#org @good
= Good for you!\pHahah!

If you still don't understand, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm probably like the only one attempting to help you.
I know its been a while, but here is my attempt at the first part, just one pokemon, because I do not understand how to fuse the two parts together:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2010
Spoiler:

What im trying to do is to create a kyogre battle, you talk to the sprite, kyogre Grr's in a basic text box, you battle a level 70 kyogre, and then when you kill/capture, it vanishes.

But whenever i get into a battle, all that appears is a missigno. Help please.

Sorry, this is my first time i have ever tried scripting anything that isn't a basic message.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2009
Hello,

I would like if possible delete the reset system in Pokemon Fire/Red, after the end's credits, and remplaced by a teleportation on the first map.
I thinks it's this script :
Spoiler:

But I'm very bad in scripting, can you help me ?

Thanks a lot :)

(PS : Sorry for my english, I'm French...)

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
Spoiler:

What im trying to do is to create a kyogre battle, you talk to the sprite, kyogre Grr's in a basic text box, you battle a level 70 kyogre, and then when you kill/capture, it vanishes.

But whenever i get into a battle, all that appears is a missigno. Help please.

Sorry, this is my first time i have ever tried scripting anything that isn't a basic message.

Put 194 where 404 is. Remember, next time you do something like this, you have to convert the number into hexademical. Same with items.

Hello,

I would like if possible delete the reset system in Pokemon Fire/Red, after the end's credits, and remplaced by a teleportation on the first map.
I thinks it's this script :
Spoiler:

But I'm very bad in scripting, can you help me ?

Thanks a lot :)

(PS : Sorry for my english, I'm French...)

By the looks of things, the reset is built into the credit sequence. I think you might be able to adjust where you appear after the credits but I'm unsure. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2019
Help please

Please can someone help me with this:

how can i chinge line in the script

example: Hi i like to eat
pie

i tried /n /p /i but what happened was:

Hi i like to eat/npie

please it is important!!

Status