• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✿ Petals in the Wind - The Grass-type Fan Club ✿

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Username: Mintyy
Nickname: Minty ^^
Two grass-type Pokemon: Shaymin (Sky form) and Sunflora
Partner Pokemon: Shaymin (Sky form)
Partner's nickname: Rain

Fav Grass type and why?: I simply adore Leafeon and Chikorita! I was a gen 2 girl and I'm kinda bias when it comes to any gen 2 Pokémon! I love its design and just the pure cuteness! Leafeon is for the same reasons, they have a similar character design with the leaf on the head, and I love the green textures!
Fav Grass type Gym Leader: Has to be either Erika or Gardenia! I love both character's personalities, their design, and the Pokemon they use!
What made me love grass types?: I love how they can be both elegant, and ferocious! No two are ever the same, even if they use similar colour textures! Each have a very unique and unforgettable look, plus the majority of them are super adorable (or super cool and fierce)!
Fav starter Grass type?: Chikorita! Super cute, and Meganium is a tank!
Eeriest Grass Type?: If it's pure grass, it has to be Carnivine. I'm not a big fan of Venus Flytraps, and how it always like noms on James makes me think that it'd eat other people too! If it's the secondary type, it has to be Parasect. Like seriously? It's possessed by a fungus! It's like The Last of Us, only Parasect was like before it! Super creepy if you ask me, it's a zombie.

Hi Minty! Thank you for joining the club! Always good to have more members. ^-^ You are now officially added to the list with your two grass-type Pokemon! I personally prefer Shaymin's land form for it's cuteness but sky form is cool because it's more bad-ass. :P I also love Sunflora's cheeky expression!

I hope you enjoy it here!

@southpark32 and Slayr231 You two have made six posts to this club so I think you guys need to choose another Pokemon from the list! :D Lucky you!

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

The most eeriest would probably be Carnivine. Shrifty is an ugly midget human who uses his leaves to attack. Oooooh, scary. xD But Carnivine could probably digest you... and like it. c:<

Cradily is kinda creepy, might even outrun Carnivine. :P

Mintyy

Minty~
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 4, 2019
Thanks, Mokoko! I like both forms of Shaymin, I just did a coin toss for which one I wanted as a partner :P I'm a G2 girl myself, so Sunflora was defs on my list ^^

Thanks for allowing me to join!

Years
Username: Radiance
Nickname: I don't want a nickname, just call me Radiance! :3
Two Grass-type Pokemon: Turtwig, Seedot.
Partner Pokemon: Turtwig
Partners Nickname: Twiggy

What is your favorite grass-type Pokemon and why?
It would have to be Turtwig. It's just so cute and it evolves into my favorite evolution!

Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why?
It has to be Gardenia. She isn't that powerful but I just like her for some reason.

What made you love grass-type Pokemon?
Nature. I love being outside and grass type Pokemon are nature.

What is your favorite grass-type starter? (Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy and Chespin).
Turtwig! ^w^

Scariest Grass-type:
Ferrothorn. It has thorns and it looks in-human! It's creepy and scary :c

Sirfetch’d

Turtwig is certainly a cutie isn't he? I personally have never been to fond of his family, but it is really cool that you are such a fan :D What do you find so fascinating about Turtwig and his evolutions? I am curious because you don't see many Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra fans out there, haha.

I cartainly agree with you on Ferrothorn. He is very hideous :(

Years
@jellicentfan1

I've just been fascinated by Turtles. I have no clue why though!

Not a lot of people do like them, you're right. I think they're underrated :(

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I like Torterra as he used to hold a spot on my grass team. He was good for a long time, but I just didn't need the extra ice weaknesses and he was chopped. :(

With that note I welcome you to the club Radiance!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Username: Radiance
Nickname: I don't want a nickname, just call me Radiance! :3
Two Grass-type Pokemon: Turtwig, Seedot.
Partner Pokemon: Turtwig
Partners Nickname: Twiggy

What is your favorite grass-type Pokemon and why?
It would have to be Turtwig. It's just so cute and it evolves into my favorite evolution!

Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why?
It has to be Gardenia. She isn't that powerful but I just like her for some reason.

What made you love grass-type Pokemon?
Nature. I love being outside and grass type Pokemon are nature.

What is your favorite grass-type starter? (Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy and Chespin).
Turtwig! ^w^

Scariest Grass-type:
Ferrothorn. It has thorns and it looks in-human! It's creepy and scary :c

Welcome to the club, Radiance! I love your username! :3

Turtwig is a really cute Pokemon, huh? I've never used it's evolution in my time of playing Pokemon Pearl but I hear Torterra is pretty tough with his abilities and move-set! I should use him next time I play!

New topic!

If you were to have a team of grass-type Pokemon, which Pokemon would you choose and why?

Here is my list!

whimsicott.gif

There isn't any particular reason I chose Whimsicott, it's just one of my favourite Pokemon and I always have it in my team! It also learns some of the best grass-type moves, like the Pokemon listed below.
breloom.gif

Well, Breloom is a sweeper with it's kick-ass fighting- and grass-type moves and high attack! Yup, you can't go wrong with this guy!
rotom-mow.gif

I pick Mow Rotom as one of my teammates because I love it's design it's good that it can learn moves like Thunder, Thunderbolt and Ominous Wind!
shaymin-land.gif

I always wanted Shaymin in my team! <3 It's just so cute!
celebi.gif

One of my favourite Pokemon and with Future Sight, Psychic, Leaf Storm and Recover I think it could be a real killer! A great Pokemon to have in the team, imo.
sceptile.gif

Do I really have to explain why? I reckon Sceptile is one of the best grass-type Pokemon! Great move-set and incredible speed!

Sirfetch’d

If you were to have a team of grass-type Pokemon, which Pokemon would you choose and why?

Ohh I love topics like there where I can show off my teams of amazing Pokemon!!

parasect.gif

Obviously I would have my partner, Tommy the Parasect, here! Parasect is extremely underrated and I actually find him cute despite how most people feel about him :3

breloom.gif

Breloom would also make its way on my team for being my favorite Grass Pokemon. He is so powerful and would be the strength of my team <3

cherrim-sunshine.gif

My team needs a little light and sunshine and I feel that Cherrim brings just that!

foongus.gif
and
amoonguss.gif

There's a FoongusAmoongus! These were 2 of my favorite Pokemon in Black and White because they are so unusual looking, but surprisingly strong. They can also tank hits as well. So much better than that horrible excuse of a Pokeball Pokemon family that was introduced in gen 1.

treecko.gif

Last, but certainly not least is Treecko! A team would not be complete without my favorite Grass starter ever!

Years
I dont know how to get thoose moving pictures :(
But here is my list anyways! :)

Whimsicott
Its a really good support in compeditive battles and i actually use it alot!

Tangrowth
With the regenerator ability and u-turn + leech seed this pokemon can bee a real pain, if you have a leftovers on him it just gets harder to kill him

Ferrothorn
I really love ferrothotn ability iron barbs, and when you have rocky helmet it's just dubble damage, and he can set up spikes and stealth rocks in compeditive, also it is both very strong and defensive at the same time.

Sceptile
Since it is really strong and fast, plus i like to use it ^^

Breloom
This one is kind of obvius, breloom is just an awsome pokemon!

Cherrim
And i must use cherrim! its also my partner here but it's actually pretty underestimated i think i have used one on all of my Gen 4 playthoughs actually... :)

Years
This seems like a good topic! :)

Torterra: Torterra is the evolved form of Turtwig, my favorite Grass-type starter! I can't leave him out. He's also very powerful, whenever I used him at least!

Shiftry: I've always had a love for Shiftry. I have no clue why. Most of it's stats are decent, except Defense and Special Denfense, but I don't like using defensive Pokemon a lot. Except for steel-types!

Skaymin-Skyforme: I just love the design for Skaymin Skyforme! It looks so pretty. It has epic Speed and epic Special Attack. Defenses, not so much.. It's just so beautiful!

Venusaur: Nothing much to say about Venusaur.. He's just a Pokemon I like to use in general. He's a broski.

Serperior: Yes, the overrated starter Pokemon, Serperior. I just like him a lot. He has a decent Special Attack and Attack stat (whatever way you train it.)

Leafeon: This is my 2nd favorite Eeveelution to date, and I just love it so much! <3

That was my Grass-type team! :3

EDIT: Wanted to add a little picture at the end. :3

tumblr_mkwk2p29fs1ruztjzo1_500.gif

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Hah! Just take a look at my signature! The team I battle with the most and am most proud of is my grass team.

Ferrothorn
With incredible defenses and ability, nothing works better than Ferrothorn in tanking those outrages and ice type attacks.

Sceptile
Sceptile is here to bring special pressure to an otherwise physically attacking team and to get rid of scarfed/fast sweepers like Yanmega.

Jumpluff
One of my main sweepers and bug counters. Sometimes I can get the element of surprise as Jumpluff is underestimated for its sweeping potential. Here's a battle showing off its sweeping potential!

Breloom
There isn't a pokemon that can change the tide of the battle as quickly as Breloom here. It's a staple on grass and fighting teams alike and there's a reason it's one of the most feared pokemon out there.

Shiftry
Priority is almost a necessity on any team and Shiftry's ability to break focus sashes and strike with a sucker punch is invaluable.

Tangrowth
There has yet to be a single brave bird that has been able to OHKO Tangrowth. It's also my outrage absorber if Ferrothorn falls. It's incredibly high defenses has helped against many teams and I laugh at people's attempt to overpower Tangrowth with physical attacks as not even a 2X boosted fire punch from Draagonite can OHKO Tangrowth, where I'm waiting with HP ice.

There's my team on paper, and here's my team in action! One of my best battles.

Years
Hah! Just take a look at my signature! The team I battle with the most and am most proud of is my grass team.

Ferrothorn
With incredible defenses and ability, nothing works better than Ferrothorn in tanking those outrages and ice type attacks.

Sceptile
Sceptile is here to bring special pressure to an otherwise physically attacking team and to get rid of scarfed/fast sweepers like Yanmega.

Jumpluff
One of my main sweepers and bug counters. Sometimes I can get the element of surprise as Jumpluff is underestimated for its sweeping potential. Here's a battle showing off its sweeping potential!

Breloom
There isn't a pokemon that can change the tide of the battle as quickly as Breloom here. It's a staple on grass and fighting teams alike and there's a reason it's one of the most feared pokemon out there.

Shiftry
Priority is almost a necessity on any team and Shiftry's ability to break focus sashes and strike with a sucker punch is invaluable.

Tangrowth
There has yet to be a single brave bird that has been able to OHKO Tangrowth. It's also my outrage absorber if Ferrothorn falls. It's incredibly high defenses has helped against many teams and I laugh at people's attempt to overpower Tangrowth with physical attacks as not even a 2X boosted fire punch from Draagonite can OHKO Tangrowth, where I'm waiting with HP ice.

There's my team on paper, and here's my team in action! One of my best battles.

That was quite a battle there. Who knew a team of Grass-Types could beat a whole team of Dragon-Types. They're usually very overpowered.

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
Years
Username: Victreebel's Bro
Nickname: Victreebel
Two grass pokemon: Victreebel and Lileep
Partner pokemon: Lileep
Partner's nickname: Palmtree
Spoiler:

What is your favourite grass type and why? That would be Lileep. I chose the root fossil in sapphire and when I first saw it I instantly loved it. Cradily is such a tank and was a very reliable teammate, but Lileep is my favourite
Team of grass types I would use this team:
Cradily
To sponge hits and set up stealth rock. Most likely specially defensive
Ferrothorn
Physical wall and spikes setup. Your typical Ferrothorn
Whimsicott
Leech seed toxic stall. One of the most annoying prankster users bar sableye
Torterra
Choice banded probably. To get rid of fire types
Venusaur
Sunny day chlorophyll sweeper...I mean, Venusaur?
Victreebel
And to finish it off, a physical chlorophyll sweeper. A true hero

Sirfetch’d

Is Victreebel your favorite Pokemon? I assume that it is because of your name, but regardless it is a really great Pokemon, right? I love his ability to sweep in the sun and after a boost from Growth becomes nearly unstoppable.

You also picked a really cool partner! I have always been a huge fan of Lileep and I don't think that evolutionary line gets the love it deserves. They have excellent defensive abilities as well as decent offensive abilities. Nice to see someone showing a little love for them =D

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
Years
Welcome to the club, Victreebel!

Is Victreebel your favorite Pokemon? I assume that it is because of your name, but regardless it is a really great Pokemon, right? I love his ability to sweep in the sun and after a boost from Growth becomes nearly unstoppable.

You also picked a really cool partner! I have always been a huge fan of Lileep and I don't think that evolutionary line gets the love it deserves. They have excellent defensive abilities as well as decent offensive abilities. Nice to see someone showing a little love for them =D

Nah, I just couldn't think of anything else (my idea was to get an underrated pokemon and become somehow related to it). Although victreebel is one of the most threatening pokemon in NU and also pretty good in OU too (although it is outclassed by venusaur)
Lileep is my second favourite Hoenn pokemon (first is Blaziken) as well as my favourite rock, grass and fossil pokemon. So yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back