• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Origin

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Wi-fi? So those without a wi-fi gateway that still have internet access are screwed.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
A'right, time for a critting...

...[/primarilybackstory] What happens in the actual game plotwise (garnering Johto badges doesn't really cut it...that's boring)? Or is that 'confidential'...?

Well, you see its confidential, but I do need a better story.

As for you questions though:

Question:

After failing miserably to catch Dialga and Palkia, team Galaxy Huh? What happened to Team Galactic?

Answer:

I mean't team Galactic. they are called team Galaxy in the Japanese game, I am just used to playing it in japanese - sorry about that.

Question:

is at it again - but for who,what,and where You had better have answers for that...they're dissolved for the most part.???

Answer:

The Star Pokemon - it should be very obvious - But its Giratina Origin Forme at the Torn World.

Question:

You need to bring team Galaxy down(Yet again) and with recent climate changes it won't be that easy Okay, so buy an umbrella...or go t0o Hoenn and steal one from a Parasol Lady (or whatever that trainer class is called)..

Answer:

Just trying to fill up space - again, I need a longer plot.

Question:

Preparing for your journey you have no choice but to change your suit because of a new icy climate in the area,where the rumered Team Galaxy are supposedly heading to Why is that your business? Your goal was to complete Rowan's pkdex, not to go crimefighting....Battle your way through sinnoh and keep earning up your badges A new set of badges? Doing all eight of the same ones would get boring...and we know that there are >8 badges per region 'cause of all of the different Kanto badges we've seen thus far. Take a location from the anime or something...

Answer:

Hah, you still don't get it - the Player gets involved with the police and joins!

Questions:

because after winning the elite 4 you hear of brand new areas such as Johto, and Kanto Just being available to go to.

A)so we're not in Sinnoh at all? B)you're seriously having all of those regions?

C)how can you keep gameplay interesting while covering so much area?

D)can you write an elegant-enough story to prevent pointless adventuring?

Answers:

A) Of course sinnoh will be in; the player starts there.

B) Of course, I have some secrets to make it interesting.

C) Mmm, well, I am not a good story writer, but a game maker is what I'm good at.

Question:

A boat comes in at canalave city and the sailor will allow you on to his ship as he rambles on about a new evil team somewhere in the Johto region Wouldn't it work better for you to be speaking to Jasmine in Sunyshore about this? It IS a port (isn't it?), so it would not be a crime to stick a ferry there......

Answers:

A) No, you see, jasmine doesn't own a boat!

B) Its NOT a port, its a way to swim to the Elite 4.

Question:

the location and true identities of this evil team are currently unknown to anyone Team Galaxy? ~_~.Johto has had ratical redesign What's with people altering Johto? Just add a few towns... so their location won't be any ordinary picnic to find.So you sail onward to Johto and when you get there there's proffessor Elm in his lab ...wouldn't you end up in Olivine? Long trek if you ask me..., busy as ever, tells you to choose a pokemon(same pokemon as in GCS Nom, it ain't. He gives you a pkmn in GSC 'cause you need it to successfully and safely complete his errand to Mr. Pokemon. He had a reason to give it to you last time. Does he have the same selfish motives this time? He's a researcher, not a charity service...).

Answer:

It won't be just adding a few towns; there will be new People, Routes, and Cities. On top of that the old ones will be redesign to be larger and stronger.

Question:

But before that you have to be careful of new suprises. Pokemon are now needing to change (due to new climate) Can you explain the climate differences? Or is this just a facsimile of Pt without sufficient though-over-ness?

Answer:

The cold climate is; but different regions will have different climates. Such as the Orange Islands might be Boiling hot, so pokemon will need to have alt formes for that.

Question:

and the people are getting stronger as well. Are you sure you can manage all this in sinnoh ...but we're in Johto.??

Answer:

Yeah, I meant Johto xD

Question:

People around different places may have hints of to where Team Galaxy is going Why are you tailing them? The hero of DPPt was completing Rowan's dex. What does that mission have to do with collecting Johto badges or tailing Team Galaxy? Is there a reason at all?

Answers:

A) They have stolen Dialga and Palkia's Orbs from Mt. Coronet and they want to allow Giratina Origin Forme in their world to catch it.

B) The is a reason, the Player gets involved with the police through a way I am still going to hold on to, please don't ask about it. And the Player gets to join the sinnoh police.

Question:

, but nobody knows for sure...Can you find out where Team Galaxy is headed to this time? What are they scheming, and what pokemon are they after now? ...*a few short blinks*

Answer:

Scheme: To use Dialga and Palkia's orbs to awaken Giratina's Origin Forme.

Question:

Venturing all over the pokemon world, with a load of enemies, and friends is the key. Talk around town to learn cool things that just might save you later...but be cautious some people you talk to may be there...but not after you talk to them.Heed this warning: for whom you may think is the way won't be here to stay. On a final Question, will you be able to take down team Galaxy and all the other evil organizations You mean there're more? Why? once and for all(or so as everything in the pokemon world seems)?

Answer:

A) Yes, there are more.

B) To make the game more difficult; the Evil Organizations have stepped up a far bit.

Wi-fi? So those without a wi-fi gateway that still have internet access are screwed.

No, not exactly, some of the events will be by code rather than wi-fi. I predicted some people not being able to use wi-fi who wanted events. Don't worry, I try to program the game to be great for anyone ;)

Last edited:

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Besides a great story and good other things, the screenshots sort of fail. :/ I don't really like them. The tiles are okay, yet overused. I'm not saying this game is bad, it just needs graphical help. Get some more screenshots up there, please. ;P

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Im happy to see that this game is back, but as nytkoi said, you need to improve your mapping, also, I dont have time to work/help you project anymore, please remove me from the team.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
So far... it looks like you've just dreamt up a whole ton of features with no clue how to implement them. Sorry for being harsh, but prove me wrong. All you've got to show are a few very amateurish screenshots; to be honest it looks like you have no idea what you're doing.

If you actually have properly started making this game, you really should show some progress as you haven't given any updates since you posted the topic (nearly a month ago now).

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Its not dreamt up -- I have enough progress to make a videos. And pretty much all the script and events have been made.

In that case, show us. Sorry for being snappy, but it's been three months since you've shown us any indication of progress, and there's not much keeping this in the Showcase as-is.

Theik

Fancy Cape Knight
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
A lot of your 'features' make no sense. Wi-fi? On a PC? That's just normal internet, why would it matter if it's wi-fi or not?

And this just makes me scratch my head:
Honey Trees:

Sweet Honey trees make a return in Pokemon Origin, though instead of % chances, the battles are random!

Percentages are a way of making things random, but giving one a priority. The idea is that something with 10% has less chance than something with 90%, but in the end it's still random. Saying your honey trees 'won't have % chances but are random' is like saying your dice 'won't have 16.7% chance to end up on a 6, but it's random'.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
A lot of your 'features' make no sense. Wi-fi? On a PC? That's just normal internet, why would it matter if it's wi-fi or not?

And this just makes me scratch my head:

Percentages are a way of making things random, but giving one a priority. The idea is that something with 10% has less chance than something with 90%, but in the end it's still random. Saying your honey trees 'won't have % chances but are random' is like saying your dice 'won't have 16.7% chance to end up on a 6, but it's random'.

O.K., let me explain, the GTS will be in the game; therefore needing a special connection in the game (internet) which is called wifi in origin because it is naturally called that when in normal games.

I have no clue as to how that thing on the Honey Trees got up there. The Trees have been redone -- But I don't remember posting that. Will edit it.

In that case, show us. Sorry for being snappy, but it's been three months since you've shown us any indication of progress, and there's not much keeping this in the Showcase as-is.

okay, I am going to release some more things but I am not sure how long it will take, you see:

I had to go back to my old house and the computer I have there is a dinosaur of technology today -- a Windows XP 2001. I can try to get some stuff up, but it might not be able to be until tuesday (coming back to normal house on that day).

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Update, for the third time, let's get it right:

- 1st official SHADOW POKEMON revealed.

- 2nd official VARIANT POKEMON revealed.

- 1st DUAL SCREEN SHOT for the public. I wasn't lying about it.

- More screens and variants will be posted soon.

The dual screen is being developed by a friend, this is why it has the title "Pokemon Essentials" and doesn't have my map in the background. I will hopefully receive the script today. The titlescreen will have an animation to it.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
A preview is available in the beginning of the thread, in case you don't know, here is a working beta of the dual screen, it will improve:

dualscriptfixstarterkitkj2.png

Last edited:
Back