• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver hack: Pokémon MindCrystal

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2019
Does anyone know if you can catch bagon before the whole safari thing? and how to evolve haunter?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 26, 2021
Hello meromero.
You did an impressive work with all the update you've done on your hack.
Is it possible to patch a french soulsilver rom with your xdelta patch of mind crystal and revert it to keep only the fairy type modifications ?
I'm working on a fusion hack on a french soulsilver rom and i'd love to add the fairy type. I tried with your base patch on a english rom but I can't make it work together with my fusions. For the record both modifications (fairy type / fusions) work separately on the same rom.
So please tell me how to keep only fairy type update with mind crystal xdelta patch. That would help me so much.

EDIT : I found a way to make it work.the problem came from utility.bin.
If I patch first then add the narc files, it doesn't work for some unkown reason.
I tried addind the narcs first then patch the game manually following your tutorial. When it comes to save overlay_18.bin, ct2 tells me " utility.bin is already in files replacement list. Do you want to save it" then I say no and it worked.

I also added narc a/0/0/8 and a/0/6/8 from english patch to add the fairy type icon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 26, 2021
I saw that you successfully added new abilities to the game. Can you tell me which files I need to copy from your game if I want to add new abilities following the one you already added ?
And how did you make TM reusable too ? :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 19, 2019
Hey there.
Very interested in playing this rom hack, but i'd prefer to have the original soundtrack as opposed to the GB sounds. I already tried using pkhex to simply add the gbsounds to my bag to toggle it off, but as the items have been edited, it simply doesnt work. Does anyone have any idea how i could go about toggling GB sounds off?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 3, 2019
Hey there.
Very interested in playing this rom hack, but i'd prefer to have the original soundtrack as opposed to the GB sounds. I already tried using pkhex to simply add the gbsounds to my bag to toggle it off, but as the items have been edited, it simply doesnt work. Does anyone have any idea how i could go about toggling GB sounds off?
Hi, same problem here. However nostalgic it sounds to my ears I'd rather have a fresh experience.
The mediafire link on the projectpokemon thread (can't post a link because of posting restrictions) includes a source folder with the ASM files. I think "AlwaysGBSounds.s" is the culprit. It consists of these lines of code:
xrpl_02006C26:
xrpl_02006C2E:
NOP
MOV R0, #1
BX LR
Maybe this could be patched? I'm not a programmer though and a total newbie to ROM hacking, so I'm the wrong person to ask.

Edit:
Finally got to play for a bit. In about 3 hours of playtime the game randomly froze two times. Music continued but everything else stuck, couldn't even use my flashcards recovery menu. Well it seemed too good to be true, I love the faster battles due to the 60fps patch and appreciate the harder difficulty. I'll give it another try but if it keeps crashing like this I'd rather play vanilla or some other romhack.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2022
Hi @MeroMero. I just found this hack and I really like it. Can you send me full documentation about this hack?

Years
Hi, same problem here. However nostalgic it sounds to my ears I'd rather have a fresh experience.
The mediafire link on the projectpokemon thread (can't post a link because of posting restrictions) includes a source folder with the ASM files. I think "AlwaysGBSounds.s" is the culprit. It consists of these lines of code:

Maybe this could be patched? I'm not a programmer though and a total newbie to ROM hacking, so I'm the wrong person to ask.

Edit:
Finally got to play for a bit. In about 3 hours of playtime the game randomly froze two times. Music continued but everything else stuck, couldn't even use my flashcards recovery menu. Well it seemed too good to be true, I love the faster battles due to the 60fps patch and appreciate the harder difficulty. I'll give it another try but if it keeps crashing like this I'd rather play vanilla or some other romhack.

I'm having the same problem, the hack is simply perfect, but that GB sounds lock is kinda annoying

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 13, 2021
Can I please know the reason as to why the BRN status effect can either heal or damage the Pokemon with the said status effect? Is this a new feature or something? Did I miss a massive update that BRN actually can now heal a Pokemon? Please tell me...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 12, 2019
Greetings,

I am wondering about how MeroMero made "All Trainers' Pokémon have now 31 IVs in all 6 stats.
& All Trainers' Pokémon have now 255 EVs in all 6 stats.". If anybody knows how to hack these, please teach me as it will be wonderful!!

Thanks in advance

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 10, 2019
I'm loving this so far, but when I try to do the Ruins of Alph puzzles, I can't seem to rotate the puzzle pieces. How do I do it? I'm using OpenEmu v 2.0.8, if that helps?

EDIT: I just clicked really fast and it started working.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Does Sheer Force actually work? My Feraligatr has Ice Fang and it froze and made mons flinch, shouldn't do that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Took 4 days to finish this hack, it usually takes me 2-3 to beat a Gen 1-4 ROMhack. That's mainly because I took breaks from this as it was pissing me off. This was almost a great hack. Things that made me mad.

1. The stone distribution is garbage. They should've been obtainable in Goldenrod Department Store or just more accessible in some way. I had a Togekiss and Ninetales in my team, needing a Shiny Stone and Fire Stone to get them. Shiny Stone, yeah it's early access through Pokeathlon, but I never played it before and that essentially required grinding, doing stuff multiple times to be able to get just one stone. The elemental stones seem to be only obtainable through a trainer that calls and offers you one, Bill's Grandfather, Pokeathlon on certain days, and as a possible 1st prize for the bug catching contest. Pretty much unchanged from vanilla HGSS, that's stupid and I didn't use pickup.

2. The coverage gym leaders had, especially early in the game was annoying. Wingull with Shock Wave? Murkrow with Brave Bird? TMs and egg moves you don't get access to this early? This is a minor complaint compared to the rest though, I can live with this. Just had to be overleveled or build a team just for Falkner and some other early gym leaders.

3. EV and EXP grinding takes way too long. I never had to EV grind on any ROMHack I played, for better or worse. I feel like this game made it more necessary because of every trainer having maxed EVs. The wild level curve is higher than vanilla HGSS, but the trainer level curve is unchanged, that's horrible. I had to use EV and EXP multipliers in certain parts of the game, namely for Clair on the former, and the E4 for the latter.

4. Please tell me I patched my ROM incorrectly or there's some bug, something, because the E4 challenge is atrocious. I'm fine with not using items during battles, that's something I impose on myself even, most of the time at least. But not being able to heal inbetween E4 battles? I'm not a nuzlocker, I'm not that hardcore and skilled in Pokemon games, that's too much. Vega, which is pound-for-pound the hardest ROMHack ever, doesn't even have that awful handicap. A game that does something worse than Vega is a bad sign for me. I had to be overleveled to get through the E4, but then when it came time for the level 100 teams, I resorted to more cheating. Maxing out BPs to buy useful hold-items (Muscle Bands and Wise Glasses for Feraligatr, Ninetales and Alakazam, Leftovers for Multiscale Dragonite and Togekiss) and TMs (Thunder Wave for Togekiss, Stone Edge for No Guard Machamp), and to get Dragon Dance taught to Feraligatr. 100 BP for the Egg Move tutor is horrible, should be 20 at most, I wouldn't mind Battle Factory grinding for that. For 100? No!

I focused on the negatives, sorry, but those weighed on my mind more heavily than the positives. There are some unique changes for the better, but with nasty tradeoffs that require more grinding than I would've liked. The difficulty is not awful, the demands and expectations the game has though is. I don't know if I want to classify this as the worst Gen 4 hack I've played so far, SunGold had some anger-inducing things but I didn't have to use more cheats than I regularly do for Gen 4-5 hacks. And those cheats I regularly use are for speed purposes, cutting off the animation in the HP bar, rebattling trainers instantly, but never had to use an EV and EXP multiplier. Never had to edit the save to get me an Alakazam and Machamp because there's no documentation on how to evolve them. No need to edit the save to give myself a Fire Stone. I had to do all that for this game, and I can't stand that. Playing this and SunGold and MoonSilver within a span of 2 weeks has made me tired of Gen 4 hacks. It's funny because before I was playing Gen 3 hacks nonstop, and felt I needed a break. Now I need a break from Gen 4, only after 3 hacks, instead of 12 (estimate).

I may play the game again, with a more knowing mind of the stuff this hack throws at me, so I can take advantage of that and have a smoother time. But first impressions are most important and this game failed to deliver a great one.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
[*]Eevee can now evolve into Leafeon if leveled-up at Ilex Forest or Viridian Forest.

[*]Eevee can now evolve into Glaceon if leveled-up at Ice Path or Seafoam Islands.

Finally!

Last edited:

blitz_2k

Kabe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
Does anyone know why when using this hack in Drastic there aren't any save files or game states of the game?

Edit: problem solved, BUT, I have another question. Is there a table with the wild encounters of the game?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 12, 2019
Ponyta, Rapidash, Gardevoir, Feebas, Milotic and Gorebyss are now female-only.
Magikarp, Gyarados, Glalie and Huntail are now male-only.
...Why? That just makes getting these Pokemon that much more irritating. Wouldn't it make more sense to make Pokemon like Gallade and Froslass be both male and female, rather than gender-locking MORE Pokemon?

This is such a weird change to make.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 19, 2022
Hello, I started this rom 2 days ago, so far I like it a lot, but now I have a freeze each time I heal in a pokémon center. I've read this thread but I could'nt find anything at all. I play on my 3DS with a linker, I never had any problem with it before. The freeze appears specifically when the nurse says "I'm going to heal your pokemon" and wants to turn. This bug appeared after I completed the ramoloss well and beaten the rival before ilex forest. I tried to heal only a freshly captured pokemon but it freezes as well. The music continues playing but I can't even soft reset. I used the v3.02 of the rom, patched and everything. I could heal before in the game, is there something I could do ?

Thank you.

Back