• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Giratina's Legend | 07-01-24

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Hi!
Sorry for the long absence, but in recent months the university and work have taken away almost all the free time at my disposal.
Let's move to today's update.
co1tq42.png

This is the inside of the first gym, a tropical setting where you can challenge the first Gym Leader of the region, Agata.
As you can guess, the gym leader uses water pokémon.
See you at the next update!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Goodmorning to everyone!
I haven't updated the topic for so long; better to fix it!
Before actually going into the updates, it seems right to tell you that in this period of absence several improvements have been made to all the implementations inserted in the ROM, in such a way as to have better stability of the game.
Not only that, almost all the scripts of the first alpha have been insert; just a couple of dialogues and a mini-secondary event are missing.
Here is a small screen of what the last alpha script will reserve:
TOEVEq8.png
As you can guess, it is the script of delivery of pokédex by the professor!
Before leaving you, I would like to show you an important implementation recently completed:
giphy.gif
This is the 2vs2 battle with trainers, implemented for the first time in pokémon emerald!
It differs slightly from the original mode, since our team will consist exclusively of 2 pokémon, unlike the usual 6: the own and the one of the trainer who accompanies us.
This allowed me to simplify the asm routines behind this implementation, which are little more than fifteen.
Since you can define our team through the use of variables (number, species, level), you can create endless double battles!
That's all for today, see you at the next update!

Murderlinez3

Shiny Scyther
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 26, 2022
Nice update, keep that great work :) We hope ypu complete this hack :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Goodmorning to everyone!
I'm pleased to announce that the alpha of Pokémon Giratina's legend, version 0.5, is finally available.
To download it, click on [REDACTED].
The alpha contains three cities and three paths, for a total of about an hour and a half of play.
Notify me of all the bugs you find, maybe even attaching a screen!

From now on, i'll publish a code a month to download a secret gift.
The first secret gift is a MUNCHLAX with cheri berry, obtainable with the code 110597.
It will be withdrawn at the postman in any pokemon market.

I also announce that work on beta 1.0 has already begun, new screens coming soon!

That said, i hope you enjoy playing ROM.
At the next update!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Exciting! I'd look out for bugs.

Btw I think there is a policy in Pokecommunity that prevents publishing .gba files. only patch roms like .ips, .ipa so might wanna adjust that.

Last edited:

Vytron

Just an ordinary Romhacker
Years
This looks astonishing, but sadly it glitches out at end of the opening and freezes.

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Exciting! I'd look out for bugs.

Btw I think there is a policy in Pokecommunity that prevents publishing .gba files. only patch roms like .ips, .ipa so might wanna adjust that.
Thanks you! Sorry for this inconveneinte, I'll replace the file!

This looks astonishing, but sadly it glitches out at end of the opening and freezes.
In other forums, a couple of users have had the same problem.
To solve, they did the following things:
- They used version 1.7.2, instead of 1.8.0, of the visual boy advance.
- They changed the emulator
- After the first freeze, the second time they opened the game everything worked correctly!
- One user said he solved by restoring the ROM header with the hex editor
Honestly, I don't know what this problem may be due to, but i'm aware that it is quite annoying. I hope to solve it as soon as possible!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Thanks you! Sorry for this inconveneinte, I'll replace the file!
Make sure to do! And remember it for the future. It's the simplest way through which we avoid some basic legal trouble :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
The new version 0.51 of the alpha is available, in which the following bugs have been fixed:
- Initial white screen after the game intro
- If you clicked on "new game" with a save present, the first part of the professor's intro was not loaded correctly
- Temporary reset of the player's palette in some areas of the game (laboratory, route 4)
- Movement of some NPCs
- Graphic bug during the interaction with item scattered in the various paths
- Graphic bug during the pokédex delivery screen
- If you rename a pokémon captured during wild doubles battles, there was the possibility that this would become a BadEgg
To download the new version, click on the banner in the previous post!

Make sure to do! And remember it for the future. It's the simplest way through which we avoid some basic legal trouble :)
I tried to create the patch, but the tool warned me that you can create patches only with files whose modifications are contained in the 16MB.
Unfortunately, changes to this alpha exceed this limit...

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I tried to create the patch, but the tool warned me that you can create patches only with files whose modifications are contained in the 16MB.
Unfortunately, changes to this alpha exceed this limit...

You still posted a .gba file. If you've expanded your game to 32MBs, you shouldn't be using LIPS. Use a different tool like Tsukuyomi or NUPS to create the patch.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Goodmorning to all, i announce that the new version 0.52 of the alpha is available, in which the following bugs have been fixed:
- resolved the player palette reset
- solved the buggy dialogue during the saving of the game
- fixed bugged tile between peacefully city and path 2
- corrected the appearance of drifloon in path 3 (some actions during the adventure inhibited its appearance)
- corrected the battle of drifloon (there was the possibility that it would become a double battle)
- fixed some mapping errors
- now also the protagonist's head inside the world map and the mugshot in the VS BAR adapt to the characterization of the character

As some users asked me, I posted the patch in UPS format instead of the modified rom.
To be able to patch the ROM you need to use the Tsukuyomi UPS tool, available at the following link:
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/519/
Then you will need to download a POKEMON RUBY (USA) rom and expand it to 32MB using the XSE tool.
Finally, apply the patch!

To download the new alpha version, click on the link in the main post!

Important notes:
It appears that the ROM only works with specific versions of the VBA and certain settings.
- Make sure you use version 1.7.2 of the VBA and set it as follows: "Options> Emulator> Save Type> Flash 128K".
- If you are using Windows 10, be sure to run the emulator with the "windows 7 compatibility mode".
This way, you shouldn't have any problems with freeze or white screens!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Looks great! Is there an English version of the game? I don't understand Spanish
No, at the moment only the Italian and Spanish versions are available.
I hope to be able to translate it into English in the future.

Really neat hack so far! Great job!
Thanks a lot <3

The language is Italian and maybe they'll do it when they are done with the story
Exactly!

Good afternoon to everyone and welcome to a new update.
Before going into the numerous news of today, i wanted to thank all the users who had the opportunity and time to try the alpha of this project.
I had a positive response from you, and this encourage me to move forward and improve the project more and more.
That said, here are the first screen of beta 1.0:

tkck0Bo.png

Before explaining the various screens, it seems only right to "believe" the various users who made the tiles:
Phyromatical - houses, road, tree, rock
CallMeGav - inspiration for the bridge
Zetavares852 - base for the bridge
PeekyChew - base for the boat
ThatsSoWitty - lantern, cave wood porch, rails
Kyledove - interior gym tile, flowers
WilsonScarloxy - base for the temple
Nintendo - tile ruins, mill

- Let's start with the screen at the top left: We are in Bluefalls City, a maritime city built in the middle of the falls.
It also has a port, which is one of the most important points in the region for sea freight traffic.
- The screen immediately to the right shows Route 5, dotted with mills for the generation of clean and renewable energy.
It is adjacent to the previous city.
Let's move on to the central screens.
- The screen on the left shows a new part of the Origin Cave, a cave that extends into the largest mountain range in the region.
A part of it was used as a mine for the extraction of rocks and minerals; it is currently in disuse.
- The central screen depicts the final location of beta 1.0: an ancient ruin destroyed by time.
Initially it was inhabited by the family that ruled the Shinzo region.
It is said that the family kept a huge secret.
- The screen on the right shows the inside of the second gym.
It is a copy of Bugsy's gym of HGSS and, as you can guess, it's bug gym type.
Finally, let's move on to the last two screens below:
- The screen on the left depicts a small port located on route 4, west of Peacefully City.
This place is full of fishermen and water pokémon.
- Finally, in the screen on the right, we can see Quiet Wood.
This place is particularly suitable for those who want to relax, as it is characterized by a profound silence.

Before moving on to the next news, i've to point out one thing:
The effect of the light filtering from the tree branches is not complete yet, i still have to correct a small problem to make it actually usable!

Here we are with the latest news of today: in the next beta there will be weather conditions.
Each season will be characterized by 30% chance of having an active weather condition:
- In summer we will have intense sun
- In winter we will have snow
- In the autumn we will have a rain or thunderstorm
The weather will be variable and will change randomly after a certain period of time.

Finally, i wanted to warn you that due to the university/work the project updates will be suspended until September.
See you in a next update!

Back